Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi (37302 Views)

NNPC Begins Oil Production In Madu Field / Rivers: Tinubu Leads Obi With 42,623 Votes In 11 Lgas Announced So Far / Soludo Wins 10 Of 11 LGAs Officially Announced By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Audio discovery and exploration... I wish this is true, so they can leave the rest of the country alone
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Iamsane: 3:12am On Jun 18, 2020
Ibadansun1:
Why wasn't the local government in Kwara and Kogi mentioned?

Because you will be asking for pictures.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by bellotaofeek: 3:19am On Jun 18, 2020
As vision 2020 has been hijacked by covid one nine. Na to shift to 2023. Well done!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Inda2020: 3:33am On Jun 18, 2020
Another audio exploration just to siphon public fund

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by victorazyvictor(m): 4:40am On Jun 18, 2020
eagleu:

Those are reserved for the time when the oyel from the south is gone, and Arewa republic is in effect.

Should Nigeria be talking about oil in this contemporary age when technology is about to takeover? The whole world is talking about renewal energy? I pity Africa. angry

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by cryptotech: 5:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Ok
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Mruwa1(m): 5:49am On Jun 18, 2020
Juliusmalema:
What happened to Bauchi and Gombe oil discovery?

dangote's refinary dey refine am lol

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by lagosrd: 5:50am On Jun 18, 2020
Did I just hear bida- sokoto basin. What a correlation.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 18, 2020
At a time when demand for fossil fuels is on decline, these idiots are wasting scarce resources on oil explorations in places that don't have them.

Parasites indeed.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by ruffhandu: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Oil is becoming useless and you are still 'exploring'. Or is this your normal thiefing venture?
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by pompeiimagnus: 6:38am On Jun 18, 2020
Sysdatek:
The money looted through this exploration is scary
One of the biggest scams of this administration

It's very scary indeed! The worst part is taking oil revenue generated in the Niger Delta to look for audio oil in the North...I wonder when the South South communities and their leaders will wake up and organize massive protests.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by pompeiimagnus: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2020
jcross19:
some years back I was saying all that until I begin to make some research about this electric vehicle and all solar energy cars can never be matched with this normal vehicles and how to charge this electric motors is another disadvantage is most countries even in UK and USA still electric is not making sense. so you tell me rolls Royce will change electric for you? ahahahah I laugh.

Bruh, Tesla just built the first 400-mile car. That's like PH to Lagos before recharging. Battery technology is getting better, even faster than people predicted. In the US, solar power has made electricity very affordable. Lookup reasons behind Saudi Aramco's record shattering IPO.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by keshconnections: 6:52am On Jun 18, 2020
NNPC should stop these cashing out from our lean economy. There's no oil in Kwara and Kogi. Oil don't occur anywhere.
Juliusmalema:

https://www.independent.ng/nnpc-discovers-crude-oil-in-11-niger-kwara-kogi-lgas/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by olaleye9514: 6:57am On Jun 18, 2020
Lee84:
The North doesn't have the potentials for Hydrocarbon accumulation. This is wastage of resources.
you are right
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by COMPAQ(m): 7:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Blyzz:
they'll tap oil directly from Delta to the listed states, so that they'll claim they've oil well. Wicked people

Don't be daft!
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Bekool(m): 7:06am On Jun 18, 2020
eagleu:

Those are reserved for the time when the oyel from the south is gone, and Arewa republic is in effect.

If that's their plans then it's surely going to backfire because by then the value of crude oil in the international market would have become almost totally useless. Most oil producing nations have been diversifing their economies away from crude oil.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Bekool(m): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2020
eagleu:

If that's their plans then it's surely going to backfire in the nearest future because by then the value of crude oil in the international market would have become almost totally useless. Most oil producing nations have been diversifing their economies away from crude oil Saudi Arabia have even privatilized their national oil company but here in Nigeria we are still busy wasting billions of dollars searching for more crude oil.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by wink2015(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
THOSE FUNDS should be invested in Agriculture instead of searching for crude oil that is illusive.

Nigeria need to developed mechanized farming.

What is the use of the federal university of Agriculture in Abeokuta, Makurdi etc
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Netmuch(m): 8:11am On Jun 18, 2020
Ibadansun1:
Why wasn't the local government in Kwara and Kogi mentioned?
Irepodun will be their fa
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Nairalandmonika: 8:19am On Jun 18, 2020
One4me:

Hybrid cars ARE NOT Electric cars per se, they are a combination of Electric and Petrol Engine.
They are actually Petrol Engine cars in the main but they use Electric for cerain functions, like Ignition, holding Power at standstill, etc.
Most Hybrids will revert to Petrol function was the Speed is greater than say 30Km/hr and most o fus dont drive that slow, even if we are just going to drop children at school. grin

For now, Electric Cars are just too expensive, to make it an option or alternative to Petrol Engine.
The Cheapest Telsa Electric costs over $60,000, when a Petrol car of the same "value" costs less than $30,000!
The biggest problem of Electric Car is Power Storage (Batteries), same problem with using Solar Power.
Batteries are not yet reliable, have limited Capacity and for now too expensive to produce.
That's not true, all cars depends on electricity for some functionality that's why cars have battery. An hybrid car has an electric motor that serves as the engine if u don't want to use combustion engine. Some hybrid cars use both engines (electric motor n combustion engine) simultaneously.
The man reason electric cars are expensive is because it has more demand than supply. Electric motor is way better, cheaper and efficient than combustion engine, it's easier to maintain than combustion engine. When the world finally accept electric cars it will be way cheaper than combustion engine. The only problem electric cars are facing now is making a duration n more powerful battery n most companies such as Tesla already solve that problem.

Electric cars is better than combustion engine in all aspects. There's nothing u can say to prove that wrong. Very soon most companies will start producing only electric vehicles, then the competition will be high n the price will reduce.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by wink2015(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2020
BUHARI no DEY HEAR WORD !

Even with a panelbeater.

He is a stubborn and foolish leader with ETHNIC BIGOTRY characterising most of his decisions in the federal government.

APPOINTMENT TO FEDERAL POSITION= LOPSIDED
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 18, 2020
COMPAQ:

Don't be daft!
I'm not. But why?
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by kutashi: 8:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Enugupikin:

By then oil would have been useless too
So you believed the nonsense they are dishing out that oil will dry! Everyday oil the importance is increasing every country is looking for it and major reason for increase in border dispute!
No country want to regret ceasing any land due to 'Alaska scenario' between US and Russia.

Despite all technological advancement, oil importance still dominate. Electric cars are just wasting their time! No electric car can cover 400 (644Km) mile on a single charge as of today considering the number of time used to charged it and the cost of the car, electric car is a long story + long journey! The component used in making battery that will replace oil is not in large quantity as that of oil! And I'm only focusing on one aspect oil. So, forget about that stupid theory they are putting in your head! Even the promoter of those theories are still drilling (looking for oil seriously), buying and stocking oil than the pre 'oil will soon dry' theory period

Oil will continue to be relevant and useful until Allah decide not!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by kutashi: 8:58am On Jun 18, 2020
bigtt76:
You're complaining about cost of production, Is this the time to start exploring new production blocs? angry

Yes! Its a long term means of reducing cost of production. Simple economics! If you are still lost, I find you the way grin
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by ezechi24(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2020
[quote author=eagleu post=90781650]
Those are reserved for the time when the oyel from the south is gone, and Arewa republic is in effect. [/quote

by then the world would have moved to a better and less polluting solar and electric machines.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2020
Juliusmalema:
What happened to Bauchi and Gombe oil discovery?

Na audio
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Firstandonly(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2020
eagleu:

oil is becoming useless, go check the story of Venezuela
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Rolexjerry(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2020
Enugupikin:

By then oil would have been useless too
Trust me oil will never be useless. At least not in this century.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by jcross19: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2020
pompeiimagnus:

Bruh, Tesla just built the first 400-mile car. That's like PH to Lagos before recharging. Battery technology is getting better, even faster than people predicted. In the US, solar power has made electricity very affordable. Lookup reasons behind Saudi Aramco's record shattering IPO.
yes I know how many of such cars are USA ? solar cars have been in existence over 2 decades still is not rampant, the issue is that how many people can afford it? funny petrol will last as long we still combustible engines.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by jcross19: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Oil will be useless thats for sure, it's a slow nd gradual process but with time it definitely will be useless.
How do u mean electric cars cannot match normal cars. In what way. Have u seen or read about any of the Tesla products. Do u even know most cars are now hybrid.
I laugh you !!! solar cars have been existence over 20years still it's just few twenty years , the producer could have produced more of that cars since 20years now! and what stop Tesla not to produce millions of the car and dispatched them to the market? how about the stable electricity, here in Africa, you can go and search for the documentary on google then through you stop that fuel one day will be useless and Still the same white are killing people because of crude oil in some part of the world. continue deceiving yourself!!.
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Revolva(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2020
Let Dem tap the ones they can find for now cos in the next twenty years the dependant of oil will reduce

All the by product of oil will still be there if you can refine oil and get 29 products out of it

But how come we are still poor as a nation with such oil ... corruption
Re: NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2020
Nbote:
Exploration doesn't mean dey have found oil... It means dey are LOOKING for it

Stop exposing ur ignorance and stupidity on a public forum. If u had any primary education, U wouldn't b embarassing urself and ur family here
The evidence is there for you to know, but I wonder what they teach you people in Nigeria or should I say because of poor or no electricity you people don't read. I won't bother to explain it.
The context isn't just about explorations, read carefully. Yes, explorations doesn't mean they've found crude oil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Threw Me Off 3-Storey Building, Broke My Spine - Trader To Judicial Panel / Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru / Rescued Dapchi Schoolgirls Airlifted To Abuja To Meet With Buhari. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.