Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun (16846 Views)

University Of Ibadan Confirms That Obaseki Graduated From The Institution (Pix) / Obaseki Remain Partyless As Pdp Rejects / FFK: I Am Glad To Hear That Obaseki Has Joined PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by odiks: 6:33am On Jun 18, 2020
He roams the land, seeking a party, seeking a mandate, seeking support, and aware that his support base tricked him into thinking he was invisible. He is going the way of many legacy-lacking ex-governors before him. He is outgoing Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, and here is an account of the most likely things running through his mind.

He is desperate for a second term, has never been loyal, but needs to find a party fast. Having won the 2016 elections as the dark horse of the APC, he quickly shed off his pretence to amiability and revealed himself a fanged, falsely technocratic creature, who had taken advantage of the party’s desire for continuity in its developmental strides, to win the elections. Immediately he found himself in Osadebe Avenue, Obaseki banished party members from his presence, attacked their sources of livelihood, and traipsed about the state carelessly uttering all sorts of unwise and unprovoked untruths.

He joined every conspiracy in the book to bring down the party that brought him to power. His desperation became manifest from the middle of last year when he would one minute prostrate before anyone he thought could save his fading popularity and the next minute he would bare his fangs and snarl threats at them while he sent demolished properties.

Now, he has been disgraced and has exited the party with his tail between his legs. He truly hates the party, but he has hidden it all behind his confrontation with the national chairman.

He announced himself as lacking character and judgment when he recklessly began to hide behind altruistic purposes to carry out all sorts of monstrous, tyrannical and undemocratic profanities. The most recent badge of his deceit probably sits as the ill-conceived gazette seeking to protect the state from the rampaging coronavirus pandemic.

To the governor, who has not been paying attention to the news, the scourge can only be transmitted at political rallies in the different wards; not at market places, not at the offices where people work, and certainly not at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City.

Worse still for what character can be deduced from his behaviour, he thinks himself very much above the people. The Governor has displayed an irreconcilable aversion to wisdom and the candour of a toddler in his method of governance. He adopts an aloof mien and cannot speak the language of the people. Everyone is human capital to him and he will expend anyone to achieve his wishes. For now, all the people around him are useless to his desires.

What happens to his deputy governor, Phillip Shaibu when he eventually and traitorously heads to another party? The equally miscalculating deputy governor had, earlier in February, reeled out a list of conditions to Adams Oshiomhole for reconciliation with the now-embattled governor.

He may be a valiant henchman but what Obaseki needs now is not a henchman. It is a party, so Phillip Shaibu, who had loyally severed all ties with the APC, following the steps of Obaseki, would have to find himself a new home. It has been a good run of thuggery, as well as economic and political banditry, but all bad things must come to an end.

For his hired supporters, he has paid them and they have not delivered. He contracted them to infiltrate the good people of Edo State and deceive them with all manners of trickery and ploys. He put them under the command of his lieutenant of untruths, the flailing Osarodion Ogie and Crusoe Osagie.

So far, it has been a monumentally failed investment. The hired supporters have got their pay, but they may not have earned it. They still defile the social media, yelping with fading strengths, “4+4”. However, they have no conviction. How can they? Their principal himself has no conviction.

This principal knows that parties win elections. He has no party that can win an election, and a governor cannot remain in office without a party. It is a basic prerequisite to being a governor according to Section 179 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended. Obaseki needs to act fast and join a party before he loses legal validity as a governor, but who will take in a man who cannot win?

*Prof. Idemudia Oviosun, is a consultant and expert in Leadership, Management, and Strategy

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/now-that-obaseki-is-partyless/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by boookworm: 7:00am On Jun 18, 2020
I didn't read the post but I know Oshomole has certainly got more than he bargained for.

Obaseki has proven not to be a pushover like someone who is now being associated with cowardice.

The "Obaseki is a goner" crew are not so loud anymore.

I personally do not care if obaseki wins or not just as long as Oshomole doesn't have his way of dictating for the state. Something he fought against and called his greatest achievement.

We Edo people will show Oshomole that edo is not Lagos.

We Edo people are saying no to godfatherism

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2020
Rubbish

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by babyfaceafrica: 7:19am On Jun 18, 2020
Deep

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by bankole200(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Well said. He assumed the treacherous position of an emperor.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2020
grin ;

1 Like

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by philips007(m): 7:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by BrandAlliances: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2020
As important in a trusting relationship as the truth you share are the lies you never have to tell.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by bro4u: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2020
The political atmosphere in Nigeria is all about party after all, a goat could win in Northern Nigeria under the platform of APC same thing with the South under the platform of PDP.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Damidave1124(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2020
Obaseki miscalculated, he shouldn't have fought Oshiomole in his first term, he should have waited till he wins his reelection.

Now the powers that be will support any candidate the APC projects in Edo state. APC will control all the security personnel to back there own candidate.

The only thing that can salvage Obaseki from this impending doom is for the people of the state to stand gallantly with him and defend their votes with whatever they've got, because as it stands now, APC will not want to lose the only state she controls in South South.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2020
he shul com to my party.
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Ayor93(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2020
paid write-up

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by IMASTEX: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2020
While they are busy politicking the economy suffers. So enough of this drama.

Enough of politics, get giant snails for resale, breeders, farm setup services, supplement, vitamins, training & mentorship online & offline, CLICK HERE for details
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by toogbasky(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2020
I am surprised people are blaming Oshiomole for the discrepancy on Obaseki’s cert,, some say if he didn’t know about the cert issues in 2016,,, you guyz should borrow sense,, until Bayelsa election, there was no technical judgment as regards election matters in court

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Ejemehn(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2020
Ik
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by GreenArrow1(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2020
I just came here to say that I'm not going to read any long article on top of any politician's antics. Things never bad for me like that.
Nigerian politicians for that matter. I did not read what the writer posted. I'm not reading it. And I'm not going to read it.
At the end of the day, the political camp which is strongest will win and take possession of the commonwealth of Edo state people and use that wealth for personal enrichment for the next four years. Simple.
Why would I now read an article on top of the matter as if it's one mysteriously new thing like the cure for COVID19?
Nonsense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Zico5(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2020
Obaseki is not wise at all. At least if he has anything to grind with Oshiomole, he should wait till he secure the second term governorship. I don't pity any of them. They are both cancerworms and parasites. None of them wish the country well. They are just after their selfish agenda.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by VirginFinder: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2020
grin
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by CalabarPikin: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2020
Obasiki for Edo.....Edo for Obaseki

5 Likes

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by ThatFairGuy: 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Truth hot. You nailed it Prof.
Damnnnn niggarrr cheesy

You refused to inaugurate more than half of DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY and you're accusing someone of godfatherism! Is that not worse than godfatherism. Your supporters never see this wrong, that's an utmost hypocrisy

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Aflix(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Slawormir: 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Absolute gibberish from idemudia oviosun
Although una nor be eiye
But Obaseki go clip una wings

Una never see anything

5 Likes

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by rozario01: 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Trash writeup yahaha bello was worst but you gave him your ticked and rigged him in once you are in apc and fallout with them they start talking trash about you to give them soft landing for rigging

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Driggs: 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
I can bet my 2 active kidneys that I am never going to sell for a few millions that whoever the writer was wrote it after collecting a big check from Oshiomole.

I am not from Edo but everyone in Edo State attested to the fact that this guy's only crime was saying no to impunity, ibeberism, godfatherism and being transparent as well as closer to the grassroot..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Skyetv: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2020
K
Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by Trumpcard05: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2020
Very biased article and poorly written too.

This is obviously a sponsored write up. Expect to see more of it’s kind in the coming days. I wonder how this made front page.

16 Likes

Re: Now That Obaseki Is Partyless - By Prof. Idemudia Oviosun by anonymuz(m): 8:01am On Jun 18, 2020
[code][/code]
Ayor93:
paid write-up
same thought

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Aisha Kept Mum On Buhari’s ‘Other Room’ Comment – Biographer / 2023: Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore To Support Southerners Base On Open-Grazing, VAT / INEC Bars 124 Political Parties From Participating In 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.