Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech (31421 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by SapeleGuy: 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2011
Abeg make una leave matter. First lady try well well, to read inside that darkness. De generator spoil?

alj harem:

how does this relate to this trend angry

I dey try see whether nah 'Trend' or 'Thread' you dey yarn. If nah 'Thread' abeg leave Madam alone because you no get right.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Ibime(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2011
Patience is my kinswoman. Please accept my assertions that 95% of Okrika people went to school and can speak and read English properly.

Show me a man's wife and I'll show you his greatest influence. Shikena!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by otokx(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
Things are not looking very good now and the prophecy is come
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by isalegan2: 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
tpia*:

i'm listening to the clip right now and i fail to see what the problem is.

Is it her nigerian accent?

It didn't sound that bad to me either.  Maybe the print was small; maybe she hadn't previously rehearsed the speech.  Or maybe I'm missing Nigerian accent too much, having almost list mine completely.  I remember having primary and secondary school teachers who talked just like this, and they got the lessons across very well.

Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!! OMG!!! I swear, I laffed my azz out!!

Video was excruciating. Why do I cringe, anytime I hear "Nigerian women"?

All right.  A lot of older women talk like that.
Anyway, sis, na fight? holla at your girl later.  You know where.  
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by aljharem(m): 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
SapeleGuy:

Abeg make una leave matter. First lady try well well, to read inside that darkness. De generator spoil?

I dey try see whether nah 'Trend' or 'Thread' you dey yarn. If nah 'Thread' abeg leave Madam alone because you no get right.

i no get mouth,.,. which i know

but i be first lady or politician undecided think before you post mumu angry
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by debosky(m): 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
She really didn't do that badly. . . . .while she sounds like a 4 year old still learning how to read, she at least communicated. grin

Y'all be patient with Patience. . . .another 6 months in Aso Rock and she'll be more eloquent than Chris Okotie. grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by SapeleGuy: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
alj harem:

i no get mouth,.,. which i know

but i be first lady or politician undecided think before you post mumu angry

grin Oga Trend Why you dey vex? Nah only question I ask.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
I really dread the day she will make a speech in an international forum , i think she is able to get away with this because she is in nigeria where sycophancy is the order of the day, if she dare reads like this in front of the foreign press they will crucify her.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by aljharem(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
SapeleGuy:

grin Oga Trend Why you dey vex?  Nah only question I ask.
i no vex cool

i misspell thrend as trend but it does not affect the whole nation unlike patience who represents the women of the country undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Freewilly(f): 12:00am On Jan 27, 2011
I seriously don't see what's so horrible in the presentation of her speech, she may not be the best communicator but hey not everyone is.

My first year of college I had to take COM101, our first assignment was an oral presentation in front of the whole class. I thought I was going to

die, but by the end of that semester I was more comfortable reading in front of a group. I'm sure the first lady after some time giving speeches will,

be alot better, give her some time guys.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by aljharem(m): 12:02am On Jan 27, 2011
Freewilly:

I seriously don't see what's so horrible in the presentation of her speech, she may not be the best communicator but hey not everyone is.

My first year of college I had to take COM101, our first assignment was an oral presentation in front of the whole class. I thought I was going to

die, but by the end of that semester I was more comfortable reading in front of a group. I'm sure the first lady after some time giving speeches will,

be alot better, give her some time guys.

now you are talking

but i just do not like people trying to justify here poor presentation skills undecided

freewilly how u dey na wink
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by dempeople(m): 12:02am On Jan 27, 2011
cap28:

I really dread the day she will make a speech in an international forum , i think she is able to get away with this because she is in nigeria where sycophancy is the order of the day, if she dare reads like this in front of the foreign press they will crucify her.

Me and you have been dragging this from the previous page. Allow the woman to be.

THEY'LL NOT CRUCIFY HER, OK! Common, you're taking this too far. Have you even heard other nationalities speak? Have you heard indians or chinese people speak English? What about our own Yar'Adua? Wasn't his accent typically thick northern Nigeria? There's no sycophancy shi.t as far as this is concerned. It is what it is - her accent. Period.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Freewilly(f): 12:08am On Jan 27, 2011
alj harem:

now you are talking

but i just do not like people trying to justify here poor presentation skills undecided

freewilly how u dey na wink

My dear I just dey ohhh!! how about the chieftaincy title we talked about last night ?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 27, 2011
isale_gan2:

It didn't sound that bad to me either.  Maybe the print was small; maybe she hadn't previously rehearsed the speech.  Or maybe I'm missing Nigerian accent too much, having almost list mine completely.  I remember having primary and secondary school teachers who talked just like this, and they got the lessons accross very well.

All right.  A lot of older women talk like that.
Anyway, sis, na fight? holla at your girl later.  You know where.  

This was not her first or second huge mess up. She was reading from a paper. . . . she did not even have to memorize her speech. . . .but still she was horrendous.
She needs to take communication lessons like some people in here. The least madam could have done is respect us by going over her speech before presenting it to us. It's obvious that someone wrote it for her, no problem with that.

BTW, what shows a country that you care about her than by saying what's in your mind/ heart, rather than what has been typed up?  She showed no passion, no fire for what she was reading. Did she even look up to make eye contact with her listeners?

It has nothing to do with her accent at all, but the way she represented herself. I hate going on stage, but when I present my projects, I let them know what I'm all about.
Make she no try this one again oh, na because of my sexy Jonathan I dey look her way sef. Na she supposed to be in buka cooking my iyan and ogbona soup.

Will holla later tonight, got a paper to finish. . . . I know you get brain, se e fe ba'mi ko?  wink embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by SapeleGuy: 12:23am On Jan 27, 2011
alj harem:

i no vex cool

i misspell thrend as trend but it does not affect the whole nation unlike patience who represents the women of the country undecided  

You no see wetin I dey talk, I tell you make you leave this matter you no gree. Okay, wetin be Thrend?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by dempeople(m): 12:26am On Jan 27, 2011
SapeleGuy:

You no see wetin I dey talk, I tell you make you leave this matter you no gree. Okay, wetin be Thrend?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg leave Alhaji. Nothing do am. Na Oyibo man cause am. Oyiboman don carry English dabarule our countrymen.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by aljharem(m): 12:34am On Jan 27, 2011
SapeleGuy:

grin grin grin wink
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by aljharem(m): 12:36am On Jan 27, 2011
Freewilly:

My dear I just dey ohhh!! how about the chieftaincy title we talked about last night ?

i really do not know how to go about that undecided

i think i will have to do something to the communty before they give me sure honour undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 12:45am On Jan 27, 2011
alj harem:

grin grin grin wink

Alhaji Ucheze, make i helep you,

It is spelled 'Thread'not thrend!

Ok?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 12:57am On Jan 27, 2011
dem_people:

Me and you have been dragging this from the previous page. Allow the woman to be.

THEY'LL NOT CRUCIFY HER, OK! Common, you're taking this too far. Have you even heard other nationalities speak? Have you heard indians or chinese people speak English? What about our own Yar'Adua? Wasn't his accent typically thick northern Nigeria? There's no sycophancy shi.t as far as this is concerned. It is what it is - her accent. Period.

you've gone back to this accent thing again, after i said that my criticism is not about her accent but about her reading ability, okay lets just beg to differ on this one.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by rebranded(m): 1:01am On Jan 27, 2011
lol. .anyone notice that the grammar they used in her speeches are primary 6 level english
grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Jenifa1: 1:08am On Jan 27, 2011
Her speech is slow but she did ok. nothing spectacular but fine.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 1:09am On Jan 27, 2011
^^^^

Is that how it is done in Papua?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Gbawe: 1:22am On Jan 27, 2011
zayhal:

Stop the insults. The woman isn't just someone else's wife. She's a first lady of the country for crying out loud. She represents Nigeria. If she thinks the way you do, then she should have sat in her husband's house and speak her 'English' with her kids or better still, practise the skills on her subjects rather than coming out to disgrace herself and the entire nation in public.

Open another thread for your concern. Don't derail this one.

Dont mind the 'olodo'. The next time some Nigerians , from the majority ethnic groups are arguing , even if erroneously, that minority groups are not sophisticated enough to lead Nigeria , they will use the 'area champion' utterances of folks like Beaf to buttress their point i.e Patience Jonathan is "another man's wife" when she effs up but she is "her excellency" first Lady to all Nigerians when Jonathan needs to cited as an effective President.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by jumobi1(m): 2:49am On Jan 27, 2011
It is sad but this is a woman who probably never dreamed of being 1st lady. Do you guys all of a sudden expect the 1st lady not to be heard from? She has a role as a first lady. Back in the days, a lot of Nigerian men married uneducated women perhaps because women were not educated like men or they want women they can control. I am not sure. I'm sure Yar'Adua and OBJ's wives don't have better command of the English language than her.
She is terrible but it is what it is. Our leaders are barely educated and you are surprised their wives aren't?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by adconline(m): 3:02am On Jan 27, 2011
someone forced her to read   butcher the speech?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ekubear1: 7:46am On Jan 27, 2011
That video is embarrassing. . . she sounds like a 4 year old undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by houvest: 8:12am On Jan 27, 2011
Patience needs to spend money to polish herself. In 6 months to one year, She will be close to it. It is a task that needs be done.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 27, 2011
eku_bear:

That video is embarrassing. . . she sounds like a 4 year old undecided
ROFLMAO
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by semid4lyfe(m): 9:35am On Jan 27, 2011
Nairalanders sabi make mountain out of molehill sha.

Like someone posted previously, ''her speech is slow but she did ok. nothing spectacular but fine''

Make una give Patience matter rest abeg
undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 9:47am On Jan 27, 2011
alj harem:

i no vex cool

Damn! Alhaji damn!!!! Ah aaaaaaaah! Ok please stop trying b4 pesin wound!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Lesson? Don't pick on petty issues that affect us all.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Nairalanders sabi make mountain out of molehill sha.

Like someone posted previously, ''her speech is slow but she did ok. nothing spectacular but fine''

Make una give Patience matter rest abeg
undecided
Maybe you guys should education her and save us some embarrassment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' / Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.