Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech (31428 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Jovann: 2:56am On Jan 28, 2011
I have seen Mrs Jonathan several time "reading" speeches and i must say the sight its quite embarrassing. She read like pupil in the 1ST grade, who are just learning to read and write. Are we sure she knows how to write too.When they shows her "reading" these so called speeches, you will noticed that those people standing close to her, and indeed the people in the audience were controlling themselves with great difficulty from bursting into laughter. This is not about politic, people that are close to her should be able to tell her the truth.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Gbawe: 4:09am On Jan 28, 2011
Beaf:

^
Dude, I have NEVER seen single constructive article posted by you on NL. There is no single article or post from you  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oon how we can solve any particular problem (say federalism or power generation); you stream negativity, condemnation and abuse 100% of the time, things you attempt to veil in clever arguments. Everything from you is 100% negative. Why?

Today, you have expressed the bigoted view that minorities are too unsophisticated to rule the country (a sweeping statement because, in all likelihood, you arent brave enough to name names).

There are quite a few of you in the "shout abuse and profer no solution" category; yourself, kobojunkie and redsun being the most prominent. Shame on you all.

grin grin grin As well as "decietful", "stalker" , "bigot" and other unsavoury appendages to your name you want to add "comedian" , "clown" and "joker" to your CV ? I guess someone else stole my username below in my discussion with biina about the power sector:'

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397443.0.html

it must also be an alien posing as Gbawe that wrote this (and other contribution) on the thread below;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-320807.64.html

Almost everyone is missing the point here. Adenuga, and any other businessman or financier for that matter , cannot become involved in the Nigerian Power sector because , unlike the telecom sector , it is not deregulated and open to the participation of everyone. The Nigerian FG retains the sole right to distribute electricity. Pointless generating 10,000 MW when the FG will not distribute it due to their own selfish political calculations.

If the electricity sector is entirely deregulated it would be ridiculous for anyone to think that foremost enterpreneurs like Adenuga cannot contribute significantly and beneficially to the adequate electrification of Nigeria. Power supply is not rocket Science. With the presence of political will   men like Adenuga can provide the funding and attract the expertise to get us out of our power debacle. If the FG deregulates the power sector most Nairalanders , even if they are total novices, could electrify their respective States effectively by 'piggybacking' competent and experienced power generation Companies in a Private-public-partnership arrangement .

Once empowered by constitutional law it would be easy for States to invite expert and World-experienced power generation companies to devise complete electrification solutions . The Power generation company, Private-public-partnership style , can then collect its investments plus adequate profit over an agreed period of time. Simple. The likes of Adenuga can facilitate such arrangements with their clout and funds even if they will also make money in the process.

There are many more examples , if you wan't to search, that shows I will discuss issues , from federalism to the deregulation of the downstream sector,  that move Nigeria forward in details if other discussant want to focus on issues rather than personal attacks and mudslinging as you seem to prefer to do always. You just need to stop being a spiteful, sad little git obsessed with deliberately blackening the name and reputation of others . This bears out my arguement that you are a local champion. Even if you don't like some folks why not refrain from lying about them shamefully in a condemnable attempt to demonize them unfairly with your usual and pathetically obvious 'divide and conquer' ruse ?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Gbawe: 4:16am On Jan 28, 2011
Beaf:

One single word to summarise the above, BIGOTRY.

More tedious humdrum from a one-trick Pony . You've discovered a new word and now decided to bore the forum to death with it. Surprise , surprise considering some folks are only gaining their hearing back after your deranged noise of "IBB people = foolish people" , and other similarly childish rants, nearly rendered them deaf  grin grin I have shown above that you lie to defame the character of others . Please stop bothering me . You are not worth talking to. Next you will lie that I am a Malian intent on ressurecting the maitasini movement in Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by houvest: 4:48am On Jan 28, 2011
@ Gbawe.
Thanks. I am also done. Our generation must fight and overcome stupid prejudices passed down from other generations not perpetuate them. This is a task that must be done. Thanks once more.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 28, 2011
forget the 'first lady's speech' movie

how about a new tv show - are you smarter than a first lady grin grin grin

all is not lost - we can still get some mileage out of the good dame

kids - this is what happens when you don't face those books - you make a fool of yourself all the time cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by EzeUche2(m): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2011
Maybe she should read in Igbo. I think they may be easier for her o! I hear she speaks Igbo very well.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2011
Gbawe:

grin grin grin As well as "decietful", "stalker" , "bigot" and other unsavoury appendages to your name you want to add "comedian" , "clown" and "joker" to your CV ? I guess someone else stole my username below in my discussion with biina about the power sector:'

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397443.0.html

it must also be an alien posing as Gbawe that wrote this (and other contribution) on the thread below;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-320807.64.html

There are many more examples , if you wan't to search, that shows I will discuss issues , from federalism to the deregulation of the downstream sector,  that move Nigeria forward in details if other discussant want to focus on issues rather than personal attacks and mudslinging as you seem to prefer to do always. You just need to stop being a spiteful, sad little git obsessed with deliberately blackening the name and reputation of others . This bears out my arguement that you are a local champion. Even if you don't like some folks why not refrain from lying about them shamefully in a condemnable attempt to demonize them unfairly with your usual and pathetically obvious 'divide and conquer' ruse ?

If those things are what you call examples, it really is shameful; you've been an NL member for years now. The post you so proudly quoted (Iguess its your best ever on NL) does not profer any solution, its just slightly less negative than most and very ordinary.
Since thats the best you could dig up after years of posting, then you have only provided further proof that you only engage in negativity, complain and dispense cheap abuse (this thread is a sterling example).

Do you want some names of NLers whose ordinary posts are miles better than the examples you gave? Try houvest, Koruji, Kilode?!, dem_people, PapaBrowne, sky blue, AjanleKoko, Dr Kitaun, PhysicsMHD, asha 80, ROSSIKE, MzDarkSkin, morpheus24, Busy_body, paddy_lo, Ezeachi etc
There are very many more of such top quality posters than I have mentioned (some not mentioned, cos we share the same politics). You will do well to study them and see what positive posts actually read like, you will also feel lifted by the solid nuggets of enlightenment they bring to NL.

None of the people mentioned will ever be caught making a poorly judged statement like this one:

Gbawe:

Dont mind the 'olodo'. The next time some Nigerians , from the majority ethnic groups are arguing , even if erroneously, that [size=14pt]minority groups are not sophisticated enough to lead Nigeria [/size] , they will use the 'area champion' utterances of folks like Beaf to buttress their point i.e Patience Jonathan is "another man's wife" when she effs up but she is "her excellency" first Lady to all Nigerians when Jonathan needs to cited as an effective President.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by blacksta(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2011
^^^lol

but it is true -
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by blacksta(m): 10:10am On Jan 28, 2011
Gbawe:

Next you will lie that I am a Malian intent on ressurecting the maitasini movement in Nigeria.

Classic
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ADint(m): 10:32am On Jan 28, 2011
Now, one thing seems obvious here: Madam Jonathan most likely is from a less privileged background and was also NOT opportuned to get a good quality and complete education like most people here. For her to now still come across the way she did considering her background I think is commendable.

To me this looks more like an attack on people from less privileged backgrounds who through no fault of theirs find themselves at a disadvantage in virtually every sphere of life while growing up, especially educationally (it is very common with Nigerians to run people down because of their less privileged background).

If Madam Jonathan had been privileged and/or opportuned to go to one of the better primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in Nigeria during her early days she would most definitely have been more articulate. Once you get to full adulthood it becomes very difficult to re-educate and retrain people on speech, grammatical, reading and writing abilities, hence no amount of lessons would significantly change these for someone of her age.

For those deriding her, under the same circumstances of a less than privileged upbringing and opportunity, they would perform even worse than they are purporting she has done.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2011
^^
God bless u.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Gbawe: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2011
Beaf:

If those things are what you call examples, it really is shameful; you've been an NL member for years now. The post you so proudly quoted (Iguess its your best ever on NL) does not profer any solution, its just slightly less negative than most and very ordinary.
Since thats the best you could dig up after years of posting, then you have only provided further proof that you only engage in negativity, complain and dispense cheap abuse (this thread is a sterling example).

this is about you being a shameless bare-faced liar and not about me digging up my best contributions to impress your sad self . I provided random examples to show you are a liar . Is this not what you wrote:
There is no single article or post from you        

I proceeded to show you more than a "single post" and , as usual, you shamelessly and decietfully shift the goalpost without acknowledge your past lie only to insinuate you are looking for 'Einstein' contribution !! Incredible !!!! Why not say so before mumu when you claimed I have never contributed a single post on certain topics ? You should minimally admit that you lied deliberately if you have any integrity or honour. As for reeling off several names , the way you do worryingly, that is your own 'groupie' wahala. I don't go around ' understudying' folks on an internet chat forum. Too damn secure in myself for that . You appear to be the one who need Nairaland to validate certain insecurities about yourself. waving a list of those you claim write to your approval is childish and immature . Alternatively, If you are here to collect pen role model then you really need to get a life away from Nairaland. Dont expect we will all be sad like you with how you treat Nairaland like you are back in Primary school sucking up to the bright kids. You really need to be careful. You are becoming too emotionally attached to Nairaland . Once again I urge you to get a life . for most well-adjusted folks , Nairaland is a place to just kickback not to take on the entire world to assuage inscurities as you appear driven to do.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Gbawe: 10:58am On Jan 28, 2011
ADint:

Now, one thing seems obvious here: Madam Jonathan most likely is from a less privileged background and was also NOT opportuned to get a good quality and complete education like most people here. For her to now still come across the way she did considering her background I think is commendable.

We can all appreciate that but dont you think Nigeria's image is far more serious than the need to indulge Patience Jonathan ? She is our First Lady yet her position should not make her above reproach . If not a[b] grammatically competent [/b] speaker then she should not speak in public . It is very simple. The rest of us can't be placed on a guilt trip because we don't wan't to hear a cringeworthy error-laden speech from our First Lady speaking in our official language. You forget the days when we had a politicians answer Coke, Fanta ,Sprite when asked the minerals to be found in his State !!! Those who are our visible representatives should present a good image of us . If they cannot do that then they should remain in the background .  The world has moved on. We are in a PR age .
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2011
Gbawe:

this is about you being a shameless bare-faced liar and not about me digging up my best contributions to impress your sad self . I provided random examples to show you are a liar . Is this not what you wrote:

I proceeded to show you more than a "single post" and , as usual, you shamelessly and decietfully shift the goalpost without acknowledge your past lie only to insinuate you are looking for 'Einstein' contribution !! Incredible !!!! Why not say so before mumu when you claimed I have never contributed a single post on certain topics ? You should minimally admit that you lied deliberately if you have any integrity or honour. As for reeling off several names well , the way you do worryingly, that is your own 'groupie' wahala. I don't go around ' understudying' folks on an internet chat forum. Too damn secure in myself for that . You appear to be the one who need Nairaland to validate certain insecurities about yourself. waving a list of those you claim write to your approval is childish and immature . Alternatively, If you are here to collect pen role model then you really need to get a life away from Nairaland. Dont expect we will all be sad like you with how you treat Nairaland like you are back in Primary school sucking up to the bright kids. You really need to be careful. You are becoming too emotionally attached to Nairaland . Once again I urge you to get a life . for most well-adjusted folks , Nairaland is a place to just kickback not to take on the entire world to assuage inscurities as you appear driven to do.

All this in defence of your unfortunate statement that ethnic minorities are too unsophisticated to rule? Its not surprising for a person that makes such comments.

You can rant all you like. The first thing I pointed out was that it takes a certain sort of uncouth individual to go pointing at other peoples wives. That had barely cooled before you started making and defending your bigoted statements.

Dude, actions speak louder than words; from what you have put out so far, I do not expect you to understand that; but several people are reading these pages and defining you.

Here is your statement again, there's always time to step back from error of judgement:

Gbawe:

Dont mind the 'olodo'. The next time some Nigerians , from the majority ethnic groups are arguing , even if erroneously, that [size=14pt]minority groups are not sophisticated enough to lead Nigeria [/size] , they will use the 'area champion' utterances of folks like Beaf to buttress their point i.e Patience Jonathan is "another man's wife" when she effs up but she is "her excellency" first Lady to all Nigerians when Jonathan needs to cited as an effective President.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Bawss1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, actions speak louder than words; from what you have put out so far, I do not expect you to understand that; but several people are reading these pages and defining you.

Like we have all read your pages and have defined you eh? cheesy I can imagine the type of definition the majority of readers have about a certain someone cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by kemze(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
we need a change. sad sad sad
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ziyaun: 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
personally i also find it funny when our first lady makes all them blunders on national television,i wouldnt lie about that,it could be embarrassing, but on the other hand,if we read thru,lots of comments here judging her arent in good english either,well we would say they are mere typos.my point, to me this woman is doing a lot for women,children and as well running a great campaign for her husband,i really think thats a lot more important than speaking big grammar like patrick obahiagbon and do absolutely nothing for the people.as a first lady dame patience definitely has a good score.no be english wan change nigeria,only hard work will and she is hardworking.leave d woman make she speak anything she like jare
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by papabaks(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
Is it compulsory she read any speech at any occasion, can't she send representatives.

It's not important that she's the only one reading it.

Thanks.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by sandee575(f): 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2011
Cant her husband restrain her from causing the nation all the embarassment?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Princek12(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
She read the speech like she knew not what it meant. Put simply, she read the speech piecemeal, making little or no sense to her and the listeners. That is what you call village politics. Advice to men: if you aspire to be politician or public servant, please choose your wives wisely.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cesca2011: 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
1. She got married to GEJ, to be his wife and mother of his kids. Educational qualification was not one of his requirements! Fate,goodluck,patience and fortune brought them to the throne, you cant suddenly ask GEJ to dump her cos of the image of Nigeria!

2. The simple solution to this in my opinion is to get her an interpreter when she goes outside the country to make any speech or when she has to make a speech to international audience. She can even speak pidgin to us, as long as she communicates without all the wahala.lol

3. there are world leaders who cannot speak English very well, and when they have to make speeches, interpreters are used irrespective of which country they are in. UN meetings is a case in point.

4. Its the way it is, we dont like it but unless the office of the first lady is redefined or scrapped, first ladies will come who cannot speak english, will not be presentable or have the politically correct image we wish for. deal with it!

5. Otherwise,lets vote Buhari and we wont need the office of the first lady. !lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2011
ziyaun:

personally i also find it funny when our first lady makes all them blunders on national television,i wouldnt lie about that,it could be embarrassing, but on the other hand,if we read thru,lots of comments here judging her arent in good english either,well we would say they are mere typos.my point, to me this woman is doing a lot for women,children and as well running a great campaign for her husband,i really think thats a lot more important than speaking big grammar like patrick obahiagbon and do absolutely nothing for the people.as a first lady dame patience definitely has a good score.no be english wan change nigeria,only hard work will and she is hardworking.leave d woman make she speak anything she like jare

Patience Jonathan as Nigeria's first lady is a public official whose image is on display for the whole world to see - it is important that she projects nigeria in a positive light, NL posters on the other hand are not public officials neither do they engage in public speaking engagements on a regular basis like Patience does.

Have our standards fallen so low now that we dont think there is anything wrong with having a first lady who finds it difficult to read her own pre written speeches?

By the way what is she doing for women and children - the last i heard she was involved in the looting of Bayelsa state treasury to the tune of 100 million naira  is that your idea of "helping" women and children?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by HiTek1: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
It is  unfortunate that most people commenting on this topic did not bother to click and view the actual speech on Youtube. I did and find the poster's caption totally without merit. For the record, this is the poster's caption "Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech".

Well I watched the whole 5.07 minutes of the speech on Youtube and can confirm that Mrs Jonathan read the speech without difficulty. The only place she stumbled was in trying to pronounce the name of a South African member of parliament. I'm sure many on us will have difficulty pronouncing South African names.

It appears the poster has become used to seeing people speak with British accent. If he/she had complained about Mrs Jonathan's accent, then that will be another issue. But to state that she is unable to read her speech is totally false. The evidence is there for everybody to see. Just click on the Youtube link below. It is only 5 minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bOClsDc-s
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by POTUT(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
Posted by: ADint
Insert Quote

To me this looks more like an attack on people from less privileged backgrounds who through no fault of theirs find themselves at a disadvantage in virtually every sphere of life while growing up, especially educationally (it is very common with Nigerians to run people down because of their less privileged background).

If Madam Jonathan had been privileged and/or opportuned to go to one of the better primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in Nigeria during her early days she would most definitely have been more articulate. Once you get to full adulthood it becomes very difficult to re-educate and retrain people on speech, grammatical, reading and writing abilities, hence no amount of lessons would significantly change these for someone of her age.

For those deriding her, under the same circumstances of a less than privileged upbringing and opportunity, they would perform even worse than they are purporting she has done.

Very impartial.

Turai wasn't better by any margin. Her husband had some difficulty too, but perhaps due to his illness. Generally, I observed that many of our past leaders can hardly make coherent, admirable impromptu/unwritten speeches. I haven't been proud listening to any of our past leaders speak.

However, grooming works for everyone regardless of age. With all the instruments of her office, she can get some level of grooming to improve on any area of her appearance if she so desires. Stella OBJ did hers in terms of cosmetics, unfortunately.

Secondly, I would do a better job as her speechwriter by writing speeches for her that are made up of short, precise ad succint statements that will convey the same message.

e.g
1. "I have always strived throughout my life to always ensure that women in Nigeria get the kind of representation that would help them impact society in the same way that they impact their family and children and that is why I am here today to urge you all to give women a chance in our politics."

2. "I have always defended the cause of women. I want women to be better represented in Nigerian politics. I believe that women can bring change and honor. As they do in their families."

Item (2) is a better approach for her type. I would like to see a Patience who would read better with respect to punctuations. Her somewhat broken voice adds to the illusion that she can't read.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Whiteguru: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2011
n d roles she shd playfor christ's sake guys, who even needs a first lady!!! The office, d role, d pomp n pagentry dat goes wit d office r all unconstitutional! Shw me in d constitution were we av d office of d first lady. It all has to do wit ds unwantd, unnecessary duplicatn of roles. Shee shd go home n take care of ha kids!!!! Women for change ma foot! Spending billions of taxpayers moneyin trottin arund d country n speakin trash. D hilary clintons n ellen saleaf of ds world did n ride on d back of 35% to leadership positions, they rose with their brains n wits! So patience should go home n restbb
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by denzel2009: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
She's not that bad. She just needs few elocution classes.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hi_Tek:

It is  unfortunate that most people commenting on this topic did not bother to click and view the actual speech on Youtube. I did and find the poster's caption totally without merit. For the record, this is the poster's caption "Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech".

Well I watched the whole 5.07 minutes of the speech on Youtube and can confirm that Mrs Jonathan read the speech without difficulty. The only place she stumbled was in trying to pronounce the name of a South African member of parliament. I'm sure many on us will have difficulty pronouncing South African names.

It appears the poster has become used to seeing people speak with British accent. If he/she had complained about Mrs Jonathan's accent, then that will be another issue. But to state that she is unable to read her speech is totally false. The evidence is there for everybody to see. Just click on the Youtube link below. It is only 5 minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bOClsDc-s

The fact that Mrs Jonathan somehow managed to stutter and stumble through a speech written in basic english with great difficulty does not in my book equate to her being able to read a speech.  Perhaps if she were a 4 year old with rudimentary reading skills i would commend her but just in case you didnt quite notice, she is nigeria's first lady therefore the very least that is expected of her is to be able to  read a pre prepared speech in fluent english.    

Surely we as nigerians are entitled to expect a higher standard of reading from our first lady than that of a pre school child?

Again i ask - have we sunk so low in our expectations of our public officials that we are now prepared to excuse the embarrassing spectacle of a first lady unable to read english fluently?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
@beaf: u once ask me nt to derail a thread were u hard mugabe as ur hero while i tried to remind u dat IVC issues wasnt as bad as dat of zimbabwe were mugabe has been rigging himslf & manipulating the electoral system to keep returning himslf as d president for 30yrs nw and u mr beaf dint see anything positive in my post bt requested i shld leave d thread since it was abt zim nt Ivc, how come u are d1 nw derailing here? D issue here is abt gej's wife and nt abt drug peddlers in goverment. I just feel u r kind of confused and kind of subjective in most of ur comments. So pls dnt derail d conversations going on here cos im loving it. Patience is Nigeria's first lady der4 she will always make headlines either 4gud or bad or keep a low profile after all d wife of Gen Abdusalami dint involve her self with these 1st lady crap despite d fact that she was a judge and her hubby was d then head of state but she wasnt galavanting seeking for relevance. Pls tell ur dame to keep a low profile and her itinaries shld be kept away frm d media,by so doing she will sparing herself,Nigeria,Nigerians and d world dis effup and public bashing and niether u beaf and ur group can stop any1 from commenting on any issue they feel like dats y d 1999 constitution in chptr4 of it grants us all d freedom of expression so u either make ur comments and move on and nt becoming an emperor here on NL. Like husband like wife. Phd husband= un-phd goofing wife, what a romantic combo. Patience, abeg fire on jor but remember say each u shell 4public me i dey always jump am pass.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by instinctg(m): 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2011
Mediocrity shouldn't be d order of d day in this country. With the sensitive nature of her position, taking into consideration that she is representing a large nation (ask michelle obama)she ll be scrutinsed and stalked. Thus, she can at least fine-tune her diction. afterall, we see how our sportsmen/women polish themselves after their exposure to the international scene. Babayaro,mikel obi, even Yakubu are testimonies.
Recall, she was a wife to an ex-deputy gov,state governor, ex-vice president and now ,
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by DeeJay20: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2011
You really have to love Nigerians sometimes,
always trying to state the weak counter arguement.

SHE HAS POOR ENGLISH READING SKILLS, PERIOD,

I DID NOT SAY SHE WAS NOT SMART!!!, I JUST SAID SHE IS NOT ARTICULATE,
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by HiTek1: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ Cap28,

Did you actually watch the speech on Youtube or are you going by what somebody told you? I have mentioned that the only place I saw her stumble was in trying to pronounce a South African name. Please point me to any other part of the speech where she stumbled.

The fact that she does not speak with a British accent does not mean she cannot read. Did you hear the following people speak when they were in power:

Murtala Mohammed
Shehu Shagari
Sani Abacha
Olusegun Obasanjo
Umaru Yar'adua

Did you raise similar complaints? If not, you should because they all had thick Northern or Southern Nigerian accents.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by DeeJay20: 3:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hi_Tek:

@ Cap28,

Did you actually watch the speech on Youtube or are you going by what somebody told you? I have mentioned that the only place I saw her tumble was in trying to pronounce a South African name. Please point me to any other part of the speech where she stumbled.

The fact that she does not speak with a British accent does not mean she cannot read. Did you hear the following people speak when they were in power:

Murtala Mohammed
Shehu Shagari
Sani Abacha
Olusegun Obasanjo
Umaru Yar'adua

Did you raise similar complaints? If not, you should because they all had thick Northern or Southern Nigerian accents.

Dude u need to fix-up, why r you soo "hung-up" on this
british accent crap,

STOP MAJORING ON MINORS, !

HER ENGLISH SKILLS ARE CRAP, ! PERIOD!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Pictured With Theresa May, British Prime Minister / Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle / Who Has A Better Campaign Strategy? Apc Or Pdp (see Pictures And Be The Judge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.