Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61396 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by OriOko88(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bull crap baldadash. You know nothing kid. Instead of you to be fighting for an egalitarian society in which rule of law and good governance prevails, you're ranting about religion. Is religion the cause of poverty in Africa? Is religion responsible for the poor governance we have in Nigeria or Africa? Infact religion opposes the oppression of the masses as well stated in the holy books

Let me tell you, most of the highly developed countries we have today, their foundation are based on the tenents of bible principles. UK, US, France, Italy, Germany are where they're today be cause of their believe in religion. US was established by respectable men of God like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and other men of God. Today america motto is God bless america.
Even the greatest scientists the world ever had, many of them are from Christian backgrounds. Michael Faraday was a church organist, Isaac newton was a church chaplain, Robert Hook was a pastor, he helped built the Westminster abbey. Most of world inventions today are from Christian adherents. So be guided op. Religion has helped to bring morals,and discipline and not otherwise.
Fight for good leadership and governance and leave religion out of your misery.

12 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Masking: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
smiley not true
God doesn't feel disturbed by prayers.
He infact want us to have a relationship with him which involves communication.

Its just like saying parents feel disturbed by their kids presence in their lives. Very unpossible

D die by fire no follow tho

pocohantas:
I guess you left organized religion, if that is the case, you are most welcome.

The last time I VOLUNTARILY stepped my foot into a church, I was 19 and in my final year. grin

They thought I was possessed and my church members gathered in my room to pray. I told them I was fine, a sister wants to focus on her finals. I don’t wanna spill mehn.

I have strong ethics guiding my dealings with people and I think they are well in place. I don’t need any religious leader or body to teach me right from wrong.

God gave us a brain and conscience to guide us, but humans are so stubborn they do otherwise and start disturbing Him with prayers and shouting “die by fire”.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by nathdim: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
akint67:

it's true because life without Jesus is void.
religion can't take you to heaven but a life with Jesus in it, gives assurance of heaven.
how does heaven look like

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by IpobAntidote: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:

One of My Beloved Brothers here!
[/s]

Bro, that tactic doesn't work with me.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Goodman247: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nigerians are religious but they are not Godly,guyman serve your God, don't look at people or else you become discouraged, salvation is a personal race

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Beloved! Stop this unnecessary hate! You are hitting and hurting yourself!

If knowing JESUS is a SHAME! My Beloved, Give me More SHAME
Woe betide thee that wants to infest me with their stupidity.
You can continue in your shame all by yourself.
Spare me your senseless sermon.
I AM VERY SURE THAT EVEN THE DEAD JESUS IS ASHAMED OF YOU.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Blyzz:
so who preach abt Jesus, is it not same religion?

That's the error you make bro!

Christianity is not a Religion! It's a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

The Disciples were called Christian first in Antioch because they saw the life of JESUS CHRIST them. They took notice, that this men had been with JESUS.

1John 3:8-9

A Christian is not a Sinner
A Sinner is Not A Christian.

It's Man that calls it Religion!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
nanizle:

Na question I ask na. Me sef dey learn
dat na her personal decision nor be u go dey ask her y ?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Beatswim: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Anything religion on nairaland.. U won't get answers to your dangerous journey of apostasy here... Note that 85percent of nairalanders are in this your newly found state of apostasy.. I know u will reverse to christ becos u will only see people that will welcome u gladly to destruction here.. Be wise son

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Na big lie. You no dey Happy. Talk true make devil shame

Righteousness89:

Outside JESUS Christ! I am empty and dead!

I have no life outside my MASTER

I am sooo happy bro!

So happy!

It's the Joy of Salvation that makes be here for you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by rosy1992(f): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
nanizle:

Why? Why not Mohammad? Why not Sango?

Why don't you strongly believe in yourself? undecided

I believe in myself because of my devotion to Christ.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
HitSong:

Woe betide thee that wants to infest me with their stupidity.
You can continue in your shame all by yourself.
Spare me your senseless sermon.
I AM VERY SURE THAT EVEN THE DEAD JESUS IS ASHAMED OF YOU.

LORD JESUS, Have Mercy on this bro! He does not know what he is doing!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro ! I have a Message for you! Ordinarily I would have kept quiet but it's in my Heart!

Bro you should not have insulted the HOLY SPIRIT in your write up the other day!

I saw it and I was sad for your sake!

My Brother you should not have done that! There are certain things u don't do in life..

The fear that guides you, don't guide others.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by dollarnaira: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Most of dont read BUT ONLY WAIT FOR SO CALLED PASTORS TO TELL US EVERYTHING WITHOUT PROOF.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by madridsta007(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Bye Bye!
I have never understood why people feel the urge to share a PERSONAL decision for their PERSONAL matter in public.
Clout?

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Pickieox(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

Ode...Jesus Christ is a mythical figure, go and rest...

9 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Geesunny: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

I don't know where you belonged before this decision. If you were a Christian,I can tell you that it is not a religion if you have understanding. The wisdom of God is bigger than the so called common sense. I got to this same reasoning like you at some point in my life but I found grace to see things for my self by not taking everything a pastor says without checking the Bible my self. Read the Bible for yourself. You need a personal understanding of Christianity. When you get revelation from the word of God,going back won't be an option.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

Bro, that tactic doesn't work with me.

It has just worked on you! For the first time you don't curse!

That's wonderful! Keep it up

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
OriOko88:
Bull crap baldadash. You know nothing kid. Instead of you to be fighting for an egalitarian society in which rule of law and good governance prevails, you're ranting about religion. Is religion the cause of poverty in Africa? Is religion responsible for the poor governance we have in Nigeria or Africa? Infact religion opposes the oppression of the masses as well stated in the holy books

Let me tell you, most of the highly developed countries we have today, their foundation are based on the tenents of bible principles. UK, US, France, Italy, Germany are where they're today be cause of their believe in religion. US was established by respectable men of God like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and other men of God. Today america motto is God bless america.
Even the greatest scientists the world ever had, many of them are from Christian backgrounds. Michael Faraday was a church organist, Isaac newton was a church chaplain, Robert Hook was a pastor, he helped built the Westminster abbey. Most of world inventions today are from Christian adherents. So be guided op. Religion has helped to bring morals,and discipline and not otherwise.
Fight for good leadership and governance and leave religion out of your misery.
Ignorance is your major major problem.
Most of the popular religion today were built on
FALSEWOOD
LIES
MURDER
VIOLENCE
ETC

HOW DID AFRICA GOT TO KNOW OF CHRISTAINITY?

SLAVERS CAME IN IN SHIPS TO
RAPE
STEAL
KIDNAP
KILL ETC

WHILE THEY HAD THE (BIBLE) IN ONE HAND, THEY HAD SWORD AND GUNS IN THE OTHER HANDS TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE LIKE YOU...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by sakanifemi123(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
sir, I like your observations, religion is one of our problem in this country, it worth to leave religion, yeah I agree with you but have this in my mind try to have fellowship with God by reading your bible and praying the rest na simple. accept lord Jesus is the only way
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by easzypeaszy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain ... LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, YOU HAVE LOST THE GUIDE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT MAKE YOU DO EVIL YOU DONT LONGER SEE AS EVIL BUT YOU WILL HAVE SEEN IF YOU ARE STILL IN CHRIST.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

That's the error you make bro!

Christianity is not a Religion! It's a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

The Disciples were called Christian first in Antioch because they saw the life of JESUS CHRIST them. They took notice, that this men had been with JESUS.

1John 3:8-9

A Christian is not a Sinner
A Sinner is Not A Christian.

It's Man that calls it Religion!
Okay Sir. So I can serve God almighty in my closet without going to church, right? As long as I do what is right and help the poor in my best way. Will that make sense or is it possible?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by K4daniel: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Why not ensure you maintain good relationship with Christ our saviour and dont give the devil any chance or space. Good luck.

I am very sure this corona virus is shrinking many people faith.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by rosy1992(f): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
gnykelly:

you can't be religious and not be fanatic... can you logical explain how a donkey can speak human language and understand it.

Read my write-up again, I said I am not religious so I can't be a fanatic.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
These are the Kind of Topics Seun likes gracing the Front Page

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by pocohantas(f): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Masking:
smiley not true
God doesn't feel disturbed by prayers.
He infact want us to have a relationship with him which involves communication.

Its just like saying parents feel disturbed by their kids presence in their lives. Very unpossible

D die by fire no follow tho

How do you know?

Even the bible asked, “shall we continue in sin, so that grace may abound?”

So when you keep doing same thing, fornicating, lying, stealing, basically being a slave to sin- all to start praying for forgiveness and imaginary enemies...

Ain’t you being a nuisance? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Onyi22(f): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
So what exactly do you want us to do for you?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by DANIEL5050(m): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Religion breeds sentiments. Sentiments that doesn't encourage peace, unity and national development. To me, having a personal relationship with your creator is simply the best!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Kelamma(m): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Righteousness89 post=90810246]

I don't get u bro!

We need to a have a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Christianity is not a Religion as people say!
Being a Christian is having a Relationship with JESUS. In a lay man's word it is Having JESUS in you.

A Sinner man /woman does not have JESUS irrespective of Whatever you claim you are.

[s]A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is Not a Christian..[/s]

Having a Relationship with JESUS is the key!

You do that By Acknowledging you are a Sinner
You Confess your sins to JESUS
You Ask JESUS to come into you. See the Prayer of Salvation on our Signature.

If you do that and you mean it, you are automatically saved! You are born again!

You need to begin a solid Foundation with JESUS.

You have The Holy Bible to guide you
You could also get a Bible Believing Church were you will be taught to know more about JESUS.

Don't fail to repent whenever you go astray!

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. None is righteous before God. So no christian is without sin biko. It is simple. We are mere mortals and we sin even without knowing it. God's ways are not our ways.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Bamiz: 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pickieox:

Ode...Jesus Christ is a mythical figure, go and rest...
When you die without repenting, you go no wetin sup for hellfire. Better repent now and serve Jesus Christ.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
pocohantas:

How do you know?

Even the bible asked, “shall we continue in sin, so that grace may abound?”

So when you keep doing same thing, fornicating, lying, stealing, basically being a slave to sin- all to start praying for forgiveness and imaginary enemies...

Ain’t you being a nuisance? grin grin
sist oh sorry which side u dey? atheists or theists

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer In Unilorin (pics) / Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.