Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Know Your WORTH! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Know Your WORTH! (183 Views)

What Is Your Worth? / Schedule, Learn And Grow Your Worth. / Why You Should Know Your Worth "Quotes That Can Ispire You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know Your WORTH! by Bamodave: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
This is why you don't appreciate Value.

Pretty sure you have you been to the market place and seen how bargaining is done?!

(A typical Conversation in pidgin)
Buyer: ehen madam, how much you call am?
Market woman: na 5000
Buyer: why naa, oya how much last?
Market woman: 4800 last
Buyer: oya make I buy am 4700
Market woman: if you gree, 4750
Buyer: okay, oya package am for me

Now, that sounds familiar right ?.

My point exactly!- many of us have this kind of bargaining mentality and have carried it over to other spheres of life even corporate places and you hear parents negotiating school fees�

Parent: how much is the fee?;
School accountant: 40,000 including extra lesson
Parent: okay, my child will not do extra lesson, how much is it now?
School accountant: Still 40,000
Parent: But I said my child will not do extra lesson.
School accountant: we are sorry sir, it has already been fixed

Another familiar conversation right?.

I understand the situation of things and the state of the country, but as we grow older we need to understand the place of value especially in corporate settings.

In an hospital setting for instance, a consultant will see you for just 15minutes and your bill is in the order of thousands.

I've seen people complain, that why is it so expensive�(especially when there is no health insurance scheme in place)

Okay, let me break it down.
Consider the cost of the following:
Infrastructure and Equipment
Maintenance
Salaries to be paid

To mention a few.

Now on the part of the Doctor, why is his fee so high ?.

Do you know what you are paying for ?.
You are not paying for just "15 minutes", you are paying for the years of study the Doctor has gone through and of course, the fees he has paid too.

That is the reason why you can trust him to give you a quality service and the major reason you are here and not with a quack!

Apply this same mentality across other fields when next you want to think of negotiating; always consider the years of experience, coupled with the cost of study that has been put into what they are today.

And when you want to make your charge also make sure to know your WORTH.

Appreciate Value and be willing to pay for Value.

So, How was the read ?

¤Bamise_Omolaso

(1) (Reply)

Npower Is On. / Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid To Negotiate For The Salary You Deserve / Make Up To 20-50k Daily Reading News And Sponsored Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.