Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

BRIDAL SHOWER (from A Christian Perspective) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BRIDAL SHOWER (from A Christian Perspective) (314 Views)

A Christian Perspective To Nation Building By Deji Yesufu / Bridal Shower Photos Of Sharon Oyakhilome, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter / JJT Park Alausa And The Eyo Statue, A Christian Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BRIDAL SHOWER (from A Christian Perspective) by MFMRevivalist: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
BRIDAL SHOWER

Some years ago when I started seeing this thing called bridal shower, I decided to do a research on what it really meant.
Then I decided to do a research. I then found out that bridal shower is a chance where the friends of the bride meet and give her advice and gifts as she prepares for her new home.
But trust Nigerian ladies nah. They adjusted the whole thing. You now see some selected ladies putting on night gowns in hotels. You now see them carrying balloons and all. Some would even bake cake and bring to the hotel. The other time, I saw a bridal shower where the ladies were on bump shorts and tiny tops.
Advice, they won't give. Gifts they didn't bring. The hotel bills is often on the bride ooo...
Please who did this to us
Anyway, I don't have anything against bridal shower o but we can do it better.
So aunty, have a bridal shower Gather ladies who are tongue talking and can pray. Look out for the fruits of the spirit in their lives and gather them together around you before your wedding.
Also ensure that they have good and sanctified mouths please. Ensure their words are seasoned with salt. Ensure that when these ladies speak to you, they speak wisdom and not self. You know the Bible talks about the multitude of counsel. Abi? Make sure that when these ladies give you counsel, you can be sure that it will *make*, and not *mar* your marriage. Not ladies who will tell you *men are wicked. Not ladies who will tell you marriage is a bondage*
And please make sure they are ladies who dress well too. They mustn't put on bikinis or night gowns or bump shorts please. They should dress decently covering all that need to be covered.
Don't forget to select ladies who are large hearted too. That after they give you counsel, they will also dip their hands inside their pockets and give you gifts.
A bridal shower is all about your friends spending on you, and not the other way round. Look for ladies who can give out of their treasures.

2 Likes

Re: BRIDAL SHOWER (from A Christian Perspective) by Missyajoke(f): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
MFMRevivalist:
BRIDAL SHOWER

Some years ago when I started seeing this thing called bridal shower, I decided to do a research on what it really meant.
Then I decided to do a research. I then found out that bridal shower is a chance where the friends of the bride meet and give her advice and gifts as she prepares for her new home.
But trust Nigerian ladies nah. They adjusted the whole thing. You now see some selected ladies putting on night gowns in hotels. You now see them carrying balloons and all. Some would even bake cake and bring to the hotel. The other time, I saw a bridal shower where the ladies were on bump shorts and tiny tops.
Advice, they won't give. Gifts they didn't bring. The hotel bills is often on the bride ooo...
Please who did this to us
Anyway, I don't have anything against bridal shower o but we can do it better.
So aunty, have a bridal shower Gather ladies who are tongue talking and can pray. Look out for the fruits of the spirit in their lives and gather them together around you before your wedding.
Also ensure that they have good and sanctified mouths please. Ensure their words are seasoned with salt. Ensure that when these ladies speak to you, they speak wisdom and not self. You know the Bible talks about the multitude of counsel. Abi? Make sure that when these ladies give you counsel, you can be sure that it will *make*, and not *mar* your marriage. Not ladies who will tell you *men are wicked. Not ladies who will tell you marriage is a bondage*
And please make sure they are ladies who dress well too. They mustn't put on bikinis or night gowns or bump shorts please. They should dress decently covering all that need to be covered.
Don't forget to select ladies who are large hearted too. That after they give you counsel, they will also dip their hands inside their pockets and give you gifts.
A bridal shower is all about your friends spending on you, and not the other way round. Look for ladies who can give out of their treasures.

May God bless you.. kiss kiss kiss kiss
You've spoken the truth 100%

1 Like

Re: BRIDAL SHOWER (from A Christian Perspective) by MFMRevivalist: 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Missyajoke:

May God bless you.. kiss kiss kiss kiss
You've spoken the truth 100%

Amen

(1) (Reply)

The Name 'allah' Is In The Bible / The Need To Be Careful: No Masks During Exercises And When Talking For A Long Ti / The Best Christian Books For You!!!(get Them Now!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.