Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? (1458 Views)

Applications Are Open For The Google Africa Developer Scholarship Program 2022 / Apply Today For A Google Developer Scholarship And Certification Grant / Udacity/google Africa Challenge Scholarship For Android And Web Development! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by sleemzy96(f): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hello senior developers in the house. Which of the two is best to focus on in terms of learning well?
Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Maskyy(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
sleemzy96:
Hello senior developers in the house. Which of the two is best to focus on in terms of learning well?

Problem-solving. Algorithm
Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Maskyy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
HNG but you don't apply if you have no programming knowledge unless you are UI UX designer. And that's what startNg is for, from the same CEO of hng
Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by sleemzy96(f): 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Maskyy:
HNG but you don't apply if you have no programming knowledge unless you are UI UX designer. And that's what startNg is for, from the same CEO of hng

What advantage does hng have over google?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Maskyy(m): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
sleemzy96:

What advantage does he have over google?

Both are 100% advantageous.

He is in Nigeria. They get serious and talented developers to work with them and get paid.
You also get paid during an internship with them. Just job opportunity.

Google is nationwide and earning their certificate is a plus but your skill will get you a job outside the learning. If the promo is done during the program and you're picked, good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
Maskyy:

Both are 100% advantageous.

He is in Nigeria. They get serious and talented developers to work with them and get paid.
You also get paid during an internship with them. Just job opportunity.

Google is nationwide and earning their certificate is a plus but your skill will get you a job outside the learning. If the promo is done during the program and you're picked, good luck.

Bruh I'll like to join the hng

I ve alot of experience

Ive coded nairaland a to z
Currently I want to code the advert section
I'll be launching it wen school resume

You can mention any member with @ sign multiple

Also hashtag too

1 Like

Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
I want to join hng

If I can join them I won't continue my schooling cuz is total waste of tym

1 Like

Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Maskyy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
peterangelo:

Bruh I'll like to join the hng

I ve alot of experience

Ive coded nairaland a to z
Currently I want to code the advert section
I'll be launching it wen school resume

You can mention any member with @ sign multiple

Also hashtag too

Just like normal internship, you can apply at when it's time for their program. But currently, they are on a program session which they start last month or 2 back.
To get more details about them follow them in Twitter. Just search internship or mark Essien, he his the CEO.

Also, @dev_careers will start their cohort 3 very soon. You can check them on Twitter.

By the way, I also manage @codefans_ with some group of devs and a designer. You can check us out as well on Twitter.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Maskyy(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
peterangelo:
I want to join hng

If I can join them I won't continue my schooling cuz is total waste of tym

Don't make that mistake bro. 84% of developers and programmers were self-taught. Even those who learned through institutions still end up learning on their own.

My point is if you have the opportunity of schooling, please do. Truly It doesn't determine success but it's an experience worth having. It helps you see and understand a few things differently.
During schooling, you can learn programming along.

For clarity, HNG is not an institution. Check them on Twitter and visit their website. They only do an internship for a period of time to find and pick the talented and best developers after the training. Those in junior level can mix in with kind of task they assign during the training. It's not a home for pure beginners. They also run startNg for beginners who can then try hng. But if you are good enough, you can apply for hng without attending startNg.

So go to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by Maskyy(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
In between, I'm doing a training on web development and will start on Monday for beginners. Few bucks attached. It's only a support tip from the learner.
Re: HNG Internship Or Google Africa Developer Scholarship? by spoilerx: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2020
You can do both

(1) (Reply)

My Journey In The Tech World Is The Most Disastrous And Roughest Part... / First Ever Nigeria Elections App / Android Programming With Google Cloud Chat - Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.