Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,111 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime (25699 Views)

Naira Exchange Rate Today: Dollar (USD) To Naira Black Market Rate Today 29 Mch / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira / CBN Signals End To Official Rate Regime For Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by DenreleDave(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Meaning pls
I didn't read all that
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Kenn55: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Still mulling after 5 years? grin
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Kelvin5214: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
naira that you politicians have reduced to zero value with your looting and selfishness

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by SmartPolician: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
emror4u:
Thought it was the reason for the last Naira devaluation!, Which clearly didn't work, cos black market sells above 450/$ now as against official 360.5/$

360/$ is no longer attainable at this time

I think the rate is now 389/$

That's what First Bank buys

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by bmdmixer: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
mrkings84:
I don't understand

Pls can someone braeak it now for me!!
govt say a aboki say b oyinbo say c
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Dee60: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Genius is when your currency exchanges at 129 to the dollar and you manage to take it up to 450 in 5 years!

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by naijareferee: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Even South Africa rand has been made to float and hence quoted as an emerging currency pair with the USD on forex.
UK ditched this exchange rate defence since 1992, why are we still defending this naira.
I know if allowed to float, inflation will get out of hand... That's where monetary policy of our cbn heads will come into play... But alas, it's just okay to fluctuate the naira and make money for a few...
We will have sense someday

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by blessedchild234(m): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
This is also a good step in the right direction, at least let the dollar exchange rate reduce to at least 300naira - $.
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by nedekid: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
mrkings84:
I don't understand

Pls can someone braeak it now for me!!
CBN rate is N380+
Blackmarket N450

CBN rate will be brought at par with Blackmarket rate.

Ie new cbn rate =N450.
And we all know that it will still be unavailable which means Blackmarket will increase to over 500.

Summary, naira will be devalued.

6 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Philipxxxx0: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please let it to 1000NGN per dollars, people like me are praying for that, ( cryptocurrency traders and freelancers), if you know, you know.

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by DexterousOne(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
SmartPolician:

360/$ is no longer attainable at this time

I think the rate is now 389/$

That's what First Bank buys

Why will I sell to First Bank at 389

When I cam sell to aboki at over N400

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by hgyg: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
7 DAYS: WEBSITE DESIGN VIRTUAL TRAINING. Commencement Date: 26th June-2nd July.| TRAINING METHOD: WhatsApp, Teamviewer/Anydesk| REQUIREMENTS: WhatsApp and System|
For Registration and more details, check my Signature
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by DexterousOne(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
Philipxxxx0:
Please let it to 1000NGN per dollars, people like me are praying for that, ( cryptocurrency traders and freelancers), if you know, you know.

Actually

You dont know

With the currency weakening so bad

Because of our exposure to foreign consumption
Hyper inflation is sure to follow

Bag of rice 50k
Petrol pump price 500

And the list goes on

Is this what u want?

Better dont wish for such biko.

$1 to N1k?

Tufia

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by DexterousOne(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
blessedchild234:
This is also a good step in the right direction, at least let the dollar exchange rate reduce to at least 300naira - $.

Not happening
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by mrkings84(m): 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
nedekid:

CBN rate is N380+
Blackmarket N450

CBN rate will be brought at par with Blackmarket rate.

Ie new cbn rate =N450.
And we all know that it will still be unavailable which means Blackmarket will increase to over 500.

Summary, naira will be devalued.

Thanks man, I now get it. I couldn't comprehend the whole thing B4 maybe because am hungry...

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by mrkings84(m): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
bmdmixer:
govt say a aboki say b oyinbo say c

U are still welcome!
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by KingMicky3286: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hahahahaha, you wan come test bubu policy for my body,

Your blood Dey hot ooo.

mrkings84:

Thanks guy man, pls where's your Aunty's shop??
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by bayelsaowei(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
They are still in plans? What we should be hearing is that that has been implemented...

Slow govt
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by rapid101(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
same story for more than 5years now
confused govt

biko check my Ziggy
50% off on any design u get from us

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by mrkings84(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
KingMicky3286:
Hahahahaha, you wan come test bubu policy for my body,

Your blood Dey hot ooo.

No o, asking for a friend!

1 Like

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by bmdmixer: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
mrkings84:

U are still welcome!
ok
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Philipxxxx0:

It seems you are new to this, let me break it to you, as long as you earn the dollar to spend in Nigeria, na same thing unless you are into export
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by thoosing(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
Congrats.Do you know that you can make up to a million in about a month with Clickbank account/Amazon. You don't need any capital,all you need are your skills, availability, good internet access and that's all. But the problem most Africans encounter is how to create a Clickbank account and USA account number even while you're here. Don't worry, that's why we're here. Contact TM for creating Clickbank account and payoneer account ASAP via 07030262041... with free access to a video which explains how to start earning.
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
When will one dollar equals to 0.8 Naira again
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by SmartPolician: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
DexterousOne:

Why will I sell to First Bank at 389

When I cam sell to aboki at over N400

It's complicated

If you wish to move funds from your foreign account to your savings/current account, they will do the automatic conversion for you.

But then, that happens if you don't have a dormicilary account
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by nedekid: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
mrkings84:

Thanks man, I now get it. I couldn't comprehend the whole thing B4 maybe because am hungry...
You de fast
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Ezmans: 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Suitben:
grin grin
#deceivingcoutinues
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Brunicekid(m): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
DexterousOne:

Actually

You dont know

With the currency weakening so bad

Because of our exposure to foreign consumption
Hyper inflation is sure to follow

Bag of rice 50k
Petrol pump price 500

And the list goes on

Is this what u want?

Better dont wish for such biko.

$1 to N1k?

Tufia
I reject it also in Jesus Name.
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by chukel(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hope they are not about to peg this thing at 450 all round. Sometimes i don't understand the Nigerian economy. Oil price has started going up. It should reflect on the exchange rate by naira appreciating against dollar. But no.

2 Likes

Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by rontolo(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
A unified rate (or whatever they choose to rebrand it as), will default to the current parallel market rate and remove much, if not all of govt intervention. The markets will determine the value, removing content he dollar subsidy.

This must have been some of the conditions attached to recent $ loans. The options are limited, we simply can’t afford dollar support as it currently stands

The impact is ‘structural’ devaluation of the Naira. I see N600/$ least by year end
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by mikelduke: 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
Make money by watching videos you don't have to pay any money. Try it out !

https://ifvideon.host/495050740428269/
Re: FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime by Penboy: 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
In short term, it's gonna be good news to those who earn FX. But long term...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know / CBN Writes Banks On Implementation Of Naira Re-Design Policy / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.