Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting (573 Views)

Samsung Nigeria Caught Tweeting From An Iphone / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning / Whatsapp To Introduce "Admin Super Powers" On Its Next Update (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by ContractKiller: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Twitter is introducing a new voice tweet feature, allowing users to share 140 seconds of audio with each other.

[img]https://images./eZRQlWYkEfKszRFVEMNLy.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./4pwm8VWLIoH9jBXhH0fHmc.jpg[/img]

The new feature has already begun rolling out on iOS devices and is available today for "a limited group of people" said Twitter, although everyone using an iPhone should be able to access the feature in the coming weeks.

It is not clear if and when it will be available for users of the Twitter app on Android devices.

"There's a lot that can be left unsaid or uninterpreted using text, so we hope voice Tweeting will create a more human experience for listeners and storytellers alike," the company said in a blog post introducing the feature.

Those who have access to it can find it by tapping the waveform icon in the app when composing a tweet.

This will take them to a new screen where they can record 140 seconds of audio. If they run over this time then Twitter will automatically create a second chained tweet to post the rest in.

Voice tweets will appear in the timelines of users' followers just like normal tweets, but they are only available as original tweets, the company has said - so they won't appear in replies or as comments in a retweet.

https://news.sky.com/story/twitter-introduces-voice-tweets-for-audio-messaging-12009457?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

OAM4J Lalasticlala Mynd44
UjSizzle, mkmyers45
honsule, dragnet, puskin)
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by GuestLog: 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nice move. It'll roll out for few iPhone users before Android can join.

I would also like to commend Nairaland for their 2020 look & upgrade. However I would like to suggest that Nairaland make some improvement in areas like emotions, more web color for fonts, easy click gifs & their bots. Few days ago I got banned for using a different color on font from the one given in editor. Please Seun look into this. For a whole lot of us, we've abandoned Facebook and Twitter because this is where the vibe is.
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by egalitarianism: 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
That'll be good
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by edoairways: 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
There is a paradigm shift from voice calls to data, thereafter we might likely view tv stations on our phones.
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by Emmaway(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
GuestLog:

I would also like to commend Nairaland for their 2020 look & upgrade. However I would like to suggest that Nairaland make some improvement in areas like emotions, more web color for fonts, easy click gifs & their bots. Few days ago I got banned for using a different color on font from the one given in editor. Please Seun look into this. For a whole lot of us, we've abandoned Facebook and Twitter because this is where the vibe is.
True man. I share your sentiment... I've been on Nairaland since 2016 and I haven't seen any noticable changes.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by Caseless: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
That will take it from being a micro-blogging site.

I get tired listening to 30 seconds voice note on whatsapp, then I will now have to stay 140 seconds listening to a VOICE TWEET on a platform where people talk and fabricate stories so much.

What's now 'tweety' in a real voice talking for 140 sec?
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by Ejadike(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
This is great. Nice
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by sunshineV(f): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
football bant is about to get super lit
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by Meatballs(m): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Let's see how it will turn out to be
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by sofat(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
That's great. An awesome teck.
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by Demmtek(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
GuestLog:

make boda seun sell this site to me and you guys will be wowed with what am gonna do with it
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by bravesoul247(m): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
I wondering handlers would sound if they are asked to drop voice notes lol.
Re: Twitter Set To Introduce Audio Tweeting by KrazyDave16(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
It won't reduce the number of catfishes on that site

(1) (Reply)

Open Box Iphone 8 Plus 256gb / Ear Buds Recommendations / Pls which one should i go for

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.