Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus (482 Views)

Medical Supplies Arrive In India As Coronavirus Cases Hit New Records (Photos) / China Hotel Used As Coronavirus Quarantine Centre Collapses, 70 People Trapped / See What Scientist In China Advice Nigerians To Do As Coronavirus Hit Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by amadaovie(m): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
Member of Covid-19 Response Team Resigns over an Order to Declare Any Illness as Coronavirus

The fight against the Covid-19 has been raging since March 2020 which has paralyzed major activities in various countries of the world. However what is more worrisome is that despite all efforts put in place to avert the the monstrous disease, it keeps increasing on daily basis especially in Nigeria and other African countries.

While some countries are transparently handling the case giving their citizens the true condition and number of infected persons, others are believed to be hyping the number on daily basis for reasons suspected to be for financial gain. Most citizens in Nigeria and other African countries have lost the trust in their government authorities handling the control of the disease.

Firstly, scientists had told us that due to the hot temperature in Africa, the coronavirus pandemic cannot succeed in Africa. In addition, coronavirus patience in other countries hardly breathe and are always on ventilators. But Nigeria, coronavirus patients are seen enjoying meals and drinks sitting on the beds in the isolation center.

A new development in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR CONGO) has lent credence to the doubt that coronavirus is highly hyped than the reality in Africa.

A member of the Covid-19 Response Team in DR Congo, Dr. Denis Makwege has resigned from the team citing an order to declare any illness as coronavirus and any death as the reason for his resignation.

A man of conscience doesn't need a prophet to tell him when he has gone astray.

Dr. Makwege declared that he cannot dirty his Nobel Peace price for money and material benefits as they had been ordered to declare any illness and death to be coronavirus.

Moreso he disclosed that after more than 100 samples were tested, none of them came out positive. The man of conscience therefore chose to protect his career and Noble name than getting rich by lying.

In his word,"getting rich by lying is a sin before God, I quit."

Below is his resignation note:

"I cannot in any case dirty my Nobel Peace Prize for money, we had been ordered to declare any illness to be coranavirus and any death.

In addition, the thing that displeased me is that, after more than 100 samples none came out positive. I have a career to protect and I am Congolese by blood. Getting rich by lying is a sin before God, I quit."

If we have many men of conscience like Dr. Makwege in Nigeria and Africa handling this pandemic, the war would have been over by now. Our conscience is our best judge, when we loss conscience we become less human.

What do you think the government will profit by lying and keeping the citizens stagnant?

It is high time the citizens do something against the government to register their displeasure over this suspected mischievous dealing in handling the fight against this pandemic.

Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by tonye33(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Okay
Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by beylinko02: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Make them all continue, wind haff blow we have seen the yansh of fowl tete.
This is one of the reasons many don't believe Corona is real
Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Is happening in Nigeria already grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by ukukaegbu(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
What do they stand to gain from all these unnecessary lies??
Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by OJODEL10(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
those that know the truth keep quiet
it is finish

1 Like

Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by Charmingrascal(m): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
Na the same virus dey worry Africa

Corruption Virus
Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by DelTel(m): 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
amadaovie:
Member of Covid-19 Response Team Resigns over an Order to Declare Any Illness as Coronavirus

The fight against the Covid-19 has been raging since March 2020 which has paralyzed major activities in various countries of the world. However what is more worrisome is that despite all efforts put in place to avert the the monstrous disease, it keeps increasing on daily basis especially in Nigeria and other African countries.

While some countries are transparently handling the case giving their citizens the true condition and number of infected persons, others are believed to be hyping the number on daily basis for reasons suspected to be for financial gain. Most citizens in Nigeria and other African countries have lost the trust in their government authorities handling the control of the disease.

Firstly, scientists had told us that due to the hot temperature in Africa, the coronavirus pandemic cannot succeed in Africa. In addition, coronavirus patience in other countries hardly breathe and are always on ventilators. But Nigeria, coronavirus patients are seen enjoying meals and drinks sitting on the beds in the isolation center.

A new development in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR CONGO) has lent credence to the doubt that coronavirus is highly hyped than the reality in Africa.

A member of the Covid-19 Response Team in DR Congo, Dr. Denis Makwege has resigned from the team citing an order to declare any illness as coronavirus and any death as the reason for his resignation.

A man of conscience doesn't need a prophet to tell him when he has gone astray.

Dr. Makwege declared that he cannot dirty his Nobel Peace price for money and material benefits as they had been ordered to declare any illness and death to be coronavirus.

Moreso he disclosed that after more than 100 samples were tested, none of them came out positive. The man of conscience therefore chose to protect his career and Noble name than getting rich by lying.

In his word,"getting rich by lying is a sin before God, I quit."

Below is his resignation note:

"I cannot in any case dirty my Nobel Peace Prize for money, we had been ordered to declare any illness to be coranavirus and any death.

In addition, the thing that displeased me is that, after more than 100 samples none came out positive. I have a career to protect and I am Congolese by blood. Getting rich by lying is a sin before God, I quit."

If we have many men of conscience like Dr. Makwege in Nigeria and Africa handling this pandemic, the war would have been over by now. Our conscience is our best judge, when we loss conscience we become less human.

What do you think the government will profit by lying and keeping the citizens stagnant?

It is high time the citizens do something against the government to register their displeasure over this suspected mischievous dealing in handling the fight against this pandemic.

Where and what is your source?

It is a terrible disservice to humanity to be propagating falsehood and lies. Stop spreading wrong information.

The true reason why the man resigned is in here - https://allafrica.com/stories/202006110635.html

A famed Congolese medic who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2018 has resigned from the country's team formed to fight Covid-19.

Dr Denis Mukwege said he was quitting a special Commission for fighting Covid-19 in South Kivu, citing lack of facilitation from the government.

In a resignation note publicised on Wednesday, Dr Mukwege said the lack of laboratories for testing for the virus had frustrated the team's work.

The team had been waiting for more than two weeks to receive results of samples sent to the national biomedical research institute in Kinshasa, he said, which "constituted a major handicap for our strategy."

"On the other hand, a loosening of prevention measures by our population, a denial of reality, the impossibility of enforcing restrictions, the porosity of our borders with the massive return of thousands of compatriots from neighbouring countries without having been quarantined, have decreased the effectiveness of our strategy."

His resignation from the special Health Commission could strike a blow to the entire national response team led by Dr Jean-Jacques Muyembe, another famed medical researcher in the Congo.

However, Dr Mukwege said he would continue to give his "intellectual contribution in the fight against the pandemic in the province of South Kivu."

Dr Mukwege earned a Nobel Peace Prize in 2018 alongside Iraqi Yazidi activist Nadia Murad for campaigns against sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.

In the DRC, Dr Mukwege is famed for his surgeries to repair damage inflicted on sexually violated women during the Congolese civil war.

The Democratic Republic of Congo by Wednesday had recorded 96 deaths due to the coronavirus. The country has also recorded 4,390 positive cases and 565 recoveries according to the Health ministry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by gentlestdude(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
is that not what's happening here too?
Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by SirWarlock: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
This fake news has been making rounds since yesterday sad
Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by jidamsel43(m): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Though this news may be fake but it is a clear truth in most African countries. E.g Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Congolese Doctors Asked To Declare Any Illness As Coronavirus by SirWarlock: 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
jidamsel43:
Though this news may be fake but it is a clear truth in most African countries.
E.g Nigeria
I suspect Senegal also wink

(1) (Reply)

Help Having Stomach Problem / Finding It Hard To Sleep, Come In / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz Around The Ear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.