Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. (5220 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? / Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 19, 2020
Just recently, i recieved a txt frm unknwn individual asking for my acount detail dat he wants to make the payment. i dismised it as spam but the mesage was repeated. the same person also caled, when i pickd , i realise he counldnt mutter meaning ful wrds that one can undrstand so i hung up. this same individual would nt stop caling my fone. at a point i became infuriated and scolded d stranger to make him stop. the followin day, he called again. this time around in a calm tone, so i played along. after exchangin greetings, he asked me to snd him the acount nau. that he needs it to make the payment. told him i had no airtime if he dosnt mind he should snd me airtym so i can do dat. 2mins later the airtym came in. i forward my acount details imediately, gues what, 32,500 came in within minuetes.. it took Four good days for dis man to realise his error and start caling for a refund . i also realise his location is kano state while am base in south south. what do u guyz tink?

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:
Just recently, i recieved a txt frm unknwn individual asking for my acount detail dat he wants to make the payment. i dismised it as spam but the mesage was repeated. the same person also caled, when i pickd , i realise he counldnt mutter meaning ful wrds that one can undrstand so i hung up. this same individual would nt stop caling my fone. at a point i became infuriated and scolded d stranger to make him stop. the followin day, he called again. this time around in a calm tone, so i played along. after exchangin greetings, he asked me to snd him the acount nau. that he needs it to make the payment. told him i had no airtime if he dosnt mind he should snd me airtym so i can do dat. 2mins later the airtym came in. i forward my acount details imediately, gues what, 32,500 came in within minuetes.. it took Four good days for dis man to realise his error and start caling for a refund . i also realise his location is kano state while am base in south south. what do u guyz tink?
Since you have bvn they would freeze all your account if you don't refund and pay back.

14 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by raystar96(m): 5:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Return it back...You are bigger than that amount.

32 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by cjwalter(m): 5:39am On Jun 19, 2020
Do want your conscience tells you,

My advice return his money

5 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:40am On Jun 19, 2020
I'll advise you return the money. It's morally right you do that. Some people will see it as an opportunity for a sharp guy but it's not worth it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Chicent(m): 5:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:

You initially didn't want to receive the money because it wasn't yours, Noe the money mistakenly dropped and you are asking what we think. Well I will tell you, We think you should not play intelligence with a naive kano man

9 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by youthsinitiativ(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2020
Return that money back because it is the right thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by ismail4sure: 5:46am On Jun 19, 2020
From the North right?
Don't return it o, they collected 20k from buhari
Remember you got nothing from bubu,
Hausa are destined to be mugu.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Mathiasa(m): 5:50am On Jun 19, 2020
Do the needful, return the money. Just like someone above me said, you are above that money.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 19, 2020
Chicent:

You initially didn't want to receive the money because it wasn't yours, Noe the money mistakenly dropped and you are asking what we think. Well I will tell you, We think you should not play intelligence with a naive kano man
absolutely right tha i never wanted 2 reciev the money in the first instance but nw its a diferet scenerio

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nwodosis(m): 5:58am On Jun 19, 2020
The Yahoo instinct in you is telling you to keep it, you better rebuke it o!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Chicent(m): 5:59am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:
absolutely right tha i never wanted 2 reciev the money in the first instance but nw its a diferet scenerio

What changed the scenario that has made it different just noe just now... MONEY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Comedian2019: 6:11am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:
Warning! It might be a set up.

Tell your bank to return the money back to the source. Don't transfer it yourself, let the bank reverse it. Right a latter or email to your bank immediately.

34 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:13am On Jun 19, 2020
Return 30,000 2,500 for your stress.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:13am On Jun 19, 2020
Return 30,000 2,500 for your stress.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by illicit(m): 6:15am On Jun 19, 2020
that 32k can put you in trouble of 320 k.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by JimmyDarmody: 6:17am On Jun 19, 2020
Return the money. What if it was you who mistakenly sent it?

The greed in Nigerians must die and it begins with you.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by JeffreyD1(m): 6:21am On Jun 19, 2020
The right thing to do is to return it

Because if he enter bank go complain they fit freeze your account

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by buttlover(m): 6:35am On Jun 19, 2020
make sure that the account you are sending it back tallies with the sender's initial account. you can check the first 3 number.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by entrep88: 6:55am On Jun 19, 2020
Go and get advice from your bank pls. This could be wired fraud. Somebody may have defrauded a person and used your account.

22 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Kingluqman(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2020
Return N32448 if na N52 dem go charge you for sending the money. That money is not yours remember

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by phemmyfour: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2020
i also realise his location is kano state while am base in south south. what do u guyz tink?

Are you trying to use the distance as an excuse, you can return the money from your sitting room using cashless means of transfer

8 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Toma2: 7:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Comedian2019:
Warning! It might be a set up.

Tell your bank to return the money back to the source. Don't transfer it yourself, let the bank reverse it. Right a latter or email to your bank immediately.
Mr OP, take this advise

6 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Toma2: 7:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Na the new format for wire wire shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Beosten(m): 7:41am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:

It's a wire fraud. Someone defrauded someone using your account. Examine the account number the person asked you to return the money to. If it's not the same account with account that sent the money, it's a Yahoo fraud. In all, notify your bank.

17 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Izabel(f): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2020
Doesnt matter how broke you are.
It's not yours so do the right thing and return it.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Waterjoy(m): 7:50am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:
Firstly, go to your bank and explain to them before returning it.its better you allow your bank. to do the reversal

3 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:

You better contact him and refund his money back. These days it's very easy for banks to freeze your account once someone makes a complaint against you

3 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by AbleBouncer: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2020
they probably used ur account for atrocities dont think God buttered ur bread, run to ur bank and lay complains asap and dont even return it urself. some open doors are trap in disguise, use ur head

9 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 19, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
I'll advise you return the money. It's morally right you do that. Some people will see it as an opportunity for a sharp guy but it's not worth it.
great advice but asuming it happen the otherway round where i was the one who had made such a mistake do u think the person wil even listen to me ? i dont tink so
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by ndidibabe(f): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2020
You are just a cheat. Why will you send your account number to an unknown person in the first instance?

9 Likes

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:12am On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:
great advice but asuming it happen the otherway round where i was the one who had made such a mistake do u think the person wil even listen to me ? i dont tink so
What if the person reports the issue to the bank, have you considered that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackaxe Cultist Killed By Police Slaughtered in 6 pieces PHOTOS / The Most Beautiful White Snake(photos) / Woman Catches Robber, Ties Him Up, Ra*pes Him For 3-days [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.