Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

My Thoughts On The Rape Case Trailing D'banj - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Thoughts On The Rape Case Trailing D'banj (641 Views)

Busola Dakolo & Fatoyinbo: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Court Throws Out Rape Case / Busola Dakolo Loses Rape Case Against Fatoyinbo, Court Asks Her To Pay N1M / Busola Dakolo Under Fire For Claiming Police Forced Her To Withdraw Rape Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The Rape Case Trailing D'banj by Denique(f): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
In response to the rape saga trailing D'Banj:
https://www.nairaland.com/5936556/rape-ig-orders-probe-dbanj
If there's anything I pray for wholeheartedly, it is that Rapists will NEVER end well irrespective their pedigree.
However, we also need to look at things holistically in order not to sentence the innocent even before trials. I experienced this recently.

Below are some excerpts from the thread link above;

" D’Banj drove all the way from Eko hotel where he was lodged and came down to glee hotel in Victoria Island at midnight 2.40 am and collected the spare key from the receptionist,” Ese said in the thread which has since sparked an outrage."

This doesn't seem plausible...

D'banj has a huge alibi here even though he might be guilty.

How does "a newly married super star" who waa out for a "show" leave his hotel room at the purported time for yet another hotel to rape a girl? Couldn't he have just lodged in the said hotel if he had that intention?

From the legal point of view, the above statement just shot the alleged victim.
Besides, how did the girl know, he drove down to her hotel from another's and got the key from a "mere" receptionist?
I used "mere" as such could only have come from a high ranking personnel and D'banj wouldn't be so stvpid to devulge that info to his alleged victim.

She said D’Banj allegedly “got into my friend’s room and forcefully threatened he would walk her out of the room naked, kept his fingers in her vagina and repeatedly raped her.”

So, let me get this straight, he got into your room...with the alleged master key or extra key, put his finger into you, while threatening to walk you out of the hotel you were lodged in by your friend if you screamed or refused and you didn't even try to?

Bear in mind that, D'banj allegedly drove down to the hotel. How possible is it for a visitor to threaten his host?

I know this is Nigeria- where everything goes but D'banj could only have gotten the extra key to your hotel room if he lodged in the same hotel.
What influence could he have in a hotel he wasn't lodged in?

One thing is certain: They obviously knew each other, maybe on that same day but they knew themselves before the purported incident. Things may have just gone awry afterwards...

How else do you explain the call out?

I don't want to believe D'Banj is the only Nigerian male celebrity to have stepped on toes.

Wizkid with his baby mamas' brouhaha has never been called out for an assault nor rape...Davido...TuFace etc...this should tell us something!

The aforementioned names joined in on the trend last year and there was not a single call out from their numerous groupies...even Banky W, whose wife championed the "StepDownPastor" movement.

If this was a case of trying to kill D'Banj's brand, why didnt they come for Banky W at the time as they were about a particular person while D'Banj was only a general cause?

Keep in mind that, D'Banj didn't join the trend last year until the Uwa's case, so maybe the call out would have come earlier...hmmm...

D'Banj can't deny knowing or "having knowledge" of her at anytime. In fact, he isn't denying it going by his press statement...Fatoyinbo never came out to deny that fact too!!

What we hope to establish is, if it was indeed rape!

On Tuesday, however, some policemen allegedly acting on the instruction of the Oliver Twist crooner detained Seyitan for over 24 hours and intimidated her, making her delete all chats, social media posts and other vital information from her phone.

Now, this is where it all starts to make sense, if this is actually true.

Why go after her when you are already seeking a redress in court?

What is so implicating that you couldn't wait to meet in court before forcefully having her delete them from her device?

If the arrest is true, then the police officers involved, should be sacked immediately so they can take up their bodyguard job wholly.

A citizen ordered you to arrest his fellow man and your profession doesn't tell you, you don't take orders from the affluent but the law?

I hope justice is served this time to whomever!

Modified: I am not going to blame her for not reporting the case(if true) then as we all heal differently. It only makes it easy/ier to have a case.

Cc: lalasticlala ishilove mynd44

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Rape Case Trailing D'banj by TheSourcerer: 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hmm good piece

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Rape Case Trailing D'banj by angelEmade: 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rape is bad. False rape accusation is most terrible. Let the truth prevail

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Rape Case Trailing D'banj by meobizy(f): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
A radio legend once told me “always seek facts and never the truth. Facts are easier to find and other people are paid for the latter work.” Based on facts in those statements D’banj will disappear for a long time. The truth, however, may set him free. Nothing concern me, I never chop since morning and Mary is being stingy with her ‘middle passage’.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught On Camera Hitting His Wife’s Head With Electric Iron (video) / Makeup Artist Transforms Her Face To Look Like President Buhari / Regina Daniels Welcomes Baby Boy With Her Husband, Ned Nwoko (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.