Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,063 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:14 AM

My Encounter With My Successful Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Encounter With My Successful Wife (4652 Views)

My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Your wife must be out of this world.An Angelic Rare Gem!!

Because she endured years of bullshit right? Naso.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Galactico4ever(m): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Because she endured years of bullshit right? Naso.
Ma'am,For coming back to that bullshit,yes she is really an angel.Am pretty sure many women are incapable of such love.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Ma'am,For coming back to that bullshit,yes she is really an angel.Am pretty sure many women are incapable of such love.

You call that love? After calling it bullshit? Lmao, of course, why will many women endure nonsense because of one man? Something you guys will never endure even at gun point?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Liposure: 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
That woman is a gem. Her type are hard 2 come by. Go and sin no more
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Liposure: 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

You call that love? After calling it bullshit? Lmao, of course, why will many women endure nonsense because of one man? Something you guys will never endure even at gun point?
my almighty feminist
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Galactico4ever(m): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Lol.Speak for your partner my lady.
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
I knew this post is copied even before I got to the middle. It has all the hallmarks of a Whatsapp broadcast.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
So you wash pants and plates now??
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Klass99(f): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2020

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Hathor5(f): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Klass99:

Kai ooo! E pain me as the story no end in premium tears for the man, I swear grin

Your comment made me laugh, but seriously, I hoped it would end badly for the man. I vex as e no end like that. angry

I was just reminded of Dr. Tererai Trent's story, the Zimbabwe woman. African women dey suffer for this thing called marriage sha.

So why are most of them so eager to get married? Why do they pressure other women to get married?

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Klass99(f): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2020

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Slynation(m): 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Klass99:

Kai ooo! E pain me as the story no end in premium tears for the man, I swear grin

Your comment made me laugh, but seriously, I hoped it would end badly for the man. I vex as e no end like that. angry

I was just reminded of Dr. Tererai Trent's story, the Zimbabwe woman. African women dey suffer for this thing called marriage sha.

I swear, most ladies are trying tho...
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Hathor5(f): 5:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Klass99:

Dr. Tererai was sold off into marriage at age 11, by her father for a cow. In her case, she wasn't eager to marry at all, she really wanted to go to school and be able to raise her hand up in class. Her first husband was like the man in this original post, threatened by her success and constantly beating her up, for wanting to make something of her life. Her story is an inspiring one, you should check it out.

I don't know about most women, I can only speak for myself. I have never felt pressured by the women in my life to get married, not even by my mom. I think because I am surrounded by women who are married and who realize, that being hitched isn't that great or fantastic after all, when it's all said and done.

A few have been candid enough to say, there's nothing special about marriage, take your time and enjoy your single-hood because once you marry, your life is over as you know it. You'll pretty much neglect yourself and put the well being of your hubby/kids, ahead of yourself.

One even said, I am sick and tired of just being a wife and a mother, I keep wondering when I will put my degree to use. If I knew marriage was this way I would have waited a few more years to marry (she married in our 4th year at uni) Another said, don't stress and don't rush into this, I am in it right now and I would gladly trade places with you, to be single again.

As for being eager, I think it's a case of the grass always looking greener on the other side. But the grass on the other side has often felt like a cage and a loss of my freedom to me. 6 of my classmates are divorced and none of us is 40 yet, when you hear some of their stories to marry no go sweet you, sef.

When you meet married women who are candid, they don't mince words about the reality of marriage. They don't try to bullshit you either with that whole phrase of ''no marriage is perfect..........etc'' They are real about the severe stress of it, what they've had to give up, endure or suffer.

Thanks for your honesty and for sharing all of this. kiss

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 20, 2020
I grew up thinking men are stronger, logical, and understanding than women. It was when I was in the university I realized they can be jealous, insecure, and petty. The first time I discovered this, I was truly surprised. It changed my perception of men.

11 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Romangalactic(m): 6:09am On Jun 20, 2020
Nooil:
I grew up thinking men are stronger, logical, and understanding than women. It was when I was in university I realized they can be jealous, insecure, and petty. The first time I discovered this, I was truly surprised. It changed my perception of men.
Sweet pea kiss
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by TheArchangel(f): 6:51am On Jun 20, 2020
Klass99:

Dr. Tererai was sold off into marriage at age 11, by her father for a cow. In her case, she wasn't eager to marry at all, she really wanted to go to school and be able to raise her hand up in class. Her first husband was like the man in this original post, threatened by her success and constantly beating her up, for wanting to make something of her life. Her story is an inspiring one, you should check it out.

I don't know about most women, I can only speak for myself. I have never felt pressured by the women in my life to get married, not even by my mom. I think because I am surrounded by women who are married and who realize, that being hitched isn't that great or fantastic after all, when it's all said and done.

A few have been candid enough to say, there's nothing special about marriage, take your time and enjoy your single-hood because once you marry, your life is over as you know it. You'll pretty much neglect yourself and put the well being of your hubby/kids, ahead of yourself.

One even said, I am sick and tired of just being a wife and a mother, I keep wondering when I will put my degree to use. If I knew marriage was this way I would have waited a few more years to marry (she married in our 4th year at uni) Another said, don't stress and don't rush into this, I am in it right now and I would gladly trade places with you, to be single again.

As for being eager, I think it's a case of the grass always looking greener on the other side. But the grass on the other side has often felt like a cage and a loss of my freedom to me. 6 of my classmates are divorced and none of us is 40 yet, when you hear some of their stories to marry no go sweet you, sef.

When you meet married women who are candid, they don't mince words about the reality of marriage. They don't try to bullshit you either with that whole phrase of ''no marriage is perfect..........etc'' They are real about the severe stress of it, what they've had to give up, endure or suffer.
I love what you wrote.
I think marriage is unnatural. No matter how sweet the spouse is, it still feels like a cage sometimes.

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Ekwutox: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2020
Most times I can't help but marvel at the amount of abuse women are willing to endure.

Lord knows I can't take such, that woman will be out of my life before I could count to ten.

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by ZiriMane(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2020
Ekwutox:

Lord knows I can't take such, that woman will be out of my life before I could count to ten.
I seriously don't understand what you wrote here. I'm just hoping it's wasn't what you meant

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Klass99(f): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by CHoccolaTE: 8:46am On Jun 20, 2020
ZiriMane:

I seriously don't understand what you wrote here. I'm just hoping it's wasn't what you meant
That's a man you quoted
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by ZiriMane(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

That's a man you quoted
yes, I know. That's why I'm bothered by his statement
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Mariangeles(f): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2020
Emotionally and mentally manipulative people do not deserve a second chance, and this is not about love.
There are some situations that even love cannot amend, this is certainly one of those.
I'd leave and never look back even if my heart breaks into a million pieces.
Sometimes, you have to make decisions that might break your heart but bring peace to your soul.

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Ekwutox: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
ZiriMane:

What I meant was, if it was a man that was receiving all these abuse from his wife, he won't hesitate to send her packing.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
How can a person torment another being for 12 years because "the being" is doing better. That's witchcraft oo

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
DominusPrime:
God bless you richly for this but God bless your wife even more. I do not know up to 10 women that a man will marry and bring abroad and then she will become way more successful than her husband and yet still remain as humble as your wife. I say God bless her again and again. You are a very lucky man. Treasure her for the rest of your life.

grin

Liposure:
That woman is a gem. Her type are hard 2 come by. Go and sin no more

Not that rare.Many such women abound. Many many.
You’re only believing this because it’s coming from a man’s perspective. Because that’s the only person you would believe.

If the woman in this story had come forward to complain about the man and the man while still in his unrepentant state countered her accusations, y’alls default position would be to doubt her.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Mariangeles(f): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
cococandy:

You’re only believing this because it’s coming from a man’s perspective. Because that the only person you would believe.

If the woman in this story had come forward to complain about the man and the man while still in his unrepentant state countered her accusations, y’alls default position would be to doubt her.

Coco, I swear you head is there!

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
cococandy:

You’re only believing this because it’s coming from a man’s perspective. Because that the only person you would believe.

Then you, my dear, do not know how I reason.
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by cococandy(f): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
DominusPrime:

Then you, my dear, do not know how I reason.

Surprise me smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Gloriagee(f): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Na whatsapp broadcast. I don see am before

Ishilove:
I knew this post is copied even before I got to the middle. It has all the hallmarks of a Whatsapp broadcast.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Ishilove: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Gloriagee:
Na whatsapp broadcast. I don see am before

Shey I no tok am?

I wonder who composes all these stories.
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Copied? undecided
Re: My Encounter With My Successful Wife by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mariangeles:

Coco, I swear you head is there!
wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Vs Father -Make your assessment / Father's Day: FatherHood Is A Blessing / Is It Wise To Explain Your Financial Problems To Your Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.