Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters (41384 Views)

LAGRIDE Operators Retrieving Vehicles Without Notice, Taking Our Jobs – Drivers / My Secretary's Resignation Without Notice Is Crumbling My Company / CBN Bars Banks From Sacking More Than 5 Staff Without Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Hmm
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Lovelypet28: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Natural honey for sale in lagos, contact 08072630313 to order.
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by MelesZanawi: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
neoclassical:
Did you vote for himor is he your President? He should have fired the miscreants that voted for Bubu. He was too lenient for my liking.

Your post is out of context.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
May God continue to help us
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by oyeb15: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
They joined d government in ruining d country.They preached stay at home and lockdown when other measures ought to be employed. The elites,NCDC ,governors forum and d government destroy d fragile economy.The country is now in a mess.Inflation, unemployment, insecurity etc.
Our incompetent leaders don't examine d long term implications of their policies.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by calculator123(m): 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Sad development.

I hope the saved enough for the rainy days.
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Noel19: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
What more can I say; "The Rich also Cry". Don't envy anybody! A man may look so wonderfully rich but in his heart he's fighting a strong battle, a battle he can't tell you because you won't believe.....

Bombings, killings, Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen and banditry in the North.

Sacking and retrenchment down South.

Nigeria is indeed a SHITHOLE!

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Christian07(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
How can you sack pple without notice
As what now

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by jrusky(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
I guess this is as result of Convid19 issue but I think notice should have be given.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
NPower is disengaging beneficiaries and Dangote group is doing same. Where do they ran to?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Meanwhile people almost killed Atiku when he did the same

don't mind those jobless APC e-rats
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Jaspaman: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
People be losing their jobs this days

Anyways why keep searching for jobs when you can make lots of money doing this??.Check my signature and mail me if you're interested and i will share with you.
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
I won't judge the company or dangote. The write up is quiet one sided, so I will refrain from making derogatory statements.

To those who lost their jobs, I empathize with you and your dependants.

But again, this is business and people simply don't care about employees and their feelings when it comes to the survival of the company and increasing profit margin.

But my advice is this. If anyone is aggrieved, he should simply approach the National Industrial Court and do the needful.

The company is not bigger than the courts of the land. If the lawyer is good and is able to build a solid case, he should be able to force an out of court settlement within the shortest possible time.

Or you guys can come together an file a joint action against the company, it will reduce cost.

I feel for Engr. Basil. He is a good man and God will reward him and everyone that lost their job with a better job.

In every set back lies a stepping stone for a greater come back. This was what I learnt from a Forex book I glanced through.

You all will surely break even and share better testimony soon.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
So even Dangote fit do this kine thing?
Too bad.
Men should strive to be self employed or have back up plans. The only guaranteed income source is the one you created by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by nsesam(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
If buhari had his way, he would do the same thing
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Chrysz(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
This is very bad.
It's a problem I have with private institute no trade union that can fight for the workers.
In such case your appointment can be terminated at any time without your consent.
Very bad a thing.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Angelfrost(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
neoclassical:
Afonjas will not see this, but if the hear the name ATIKU, they will storm the thread and masturbate.
Very hypocritical set of people.

Sigh.... What are you yapping about now??!... Is Dangote from the West??! Is he a member of APC??!...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by eagleu: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Did Dangote campaign to you and promise to create jobs? Atiku did.

That is the difference.

Atiku campaigned to create jobs if elected, he wasn't elected.
His family business is not federal government, why is this hard for you to understand?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by mytime24(f): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dangote na scam jarri sad

Remember wey e say bag of cement wil sell fr #1,000 angry

Bt today na opposite b d case embarassed
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Saintinoo(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
oyeb15:
They joined d government in ruining d country.They preached stay at home and lockdown when other measures ought to be employed. The elites,NCDC ,governors forum and d government destroy d fragile economy.The country is now in a mess.Inflation, unemployment, insecurity etc.
Our incompetent leaders don't examine d long term implications of their policies.
No be your copy copy gunment? I wonder why interstate travel ban is still in place, i just wonder. My next life i rather be a dog in Canada than to return to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Xisnin(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
jesmond3945:
This is the bane of capitalism. The only answer we need is restructuring
Do you think restructuring will give you communism?
Only a lazy person will want such a system.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Angelfrost(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dangote's spokesman will come and deny this later... Or they will claim those let go were going against company policies!!!
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Noel19: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

That is the difference.

People like you will continue to asslick the YANSH of politicians wherever they go.

You response in defending your pay masters of late are becoming stale.
Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Sahara Reporters is just a hatchet job "news" outlet

I remember when one of their so called journalists tried to blackmail a friend, saying they have evidence that he stole millions from his office and asked for his statement before the publish. He laughed and said they can go ahead and publish grin

He called back to say the man should pay some money for the 'story' to go away. By the time he came back, police and DSS were waiting with open arms to pick him up.

Sahara Reporters Quacks

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by blessedchild234(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Sad one for the co worker and their families at this trying times its never easy.
What of those who dont have any savings at all and those who seem to be extravagant in their spendings of sort of, dangote is a shrewd businessman. This teaches that learning a skill and building a brand is worth it like crazy.
Digital is the future, nothing last forever.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by MelesZanawi: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
eagleu:

Atiku campaigned to create jobs if elected, he wasn't elected.
His family business is not federal government, why is this hard for you to understand?

You should have directed your irrelevant tirade to the person who mentioned Atiku before I cleared him.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Queseda: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:

He added that staff members at the company were not allowed to belong to trade unions and any attempt to do so would lead to mass sack.

"We are not allowed to have any union, the day anyone starts it is the day we will all go. You cannot try it at all," he said.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/19/exclusive-how-dangote-cement-fired-more-3000-staff-without-notice-due-process
@bolded, Dangote is not the only one doing that. Mike Adenuga is notorious for enforcing ban on anything that has to do with Union is his companies - Globacom and Conoil. He treats most of his staff like slaves too, no surprises

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by Spatta: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
The secret Plan is to bring their Hausa counterpart to work at the Abeokuta cement site, Yoruba are not smart people, They gave Land to Dangote in Abeokuta and he became rich by producing and selling cements which no other business man in the south can compete with him, He employed your sons to do Labourer Jobs and get his kinsmen as Manager,
He then sacks 3000 as the first badge so as to allow them bring workers from the North to the Abeokuta cement factory, Go there, they have been bring many Hausa to that Plants in droves
The same Dangote is being allowed to build refinery in Lagos to explore the oil that belong to a region in Nigerian and Yoruba are smilling sheepishly with these Hausa who are enslaving them economically
Go to Apapa Port Yoruba are now beggars at the gate and Hausa are the Big Ogas in Yoruba Land
Go to the Airport, the Hausa are being employed in Immigration and customs , yoruba are outside waiting for passenger or selling Amala at the bureau de change
The Yoruba race are cursed and are eternal slaves to Hausa

Chase Dongote out of the Yoruba states, Take over every infrastuture and let every region control their resources
The country is dead as it stands

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by michoim(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
jesmond3945:
This is the bane of capitalism. The only answer we need is restructuring
What a foolish answer to this topic!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters by IFNOTGOD(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

That is the difference.

olodo, atiku promised to create jobs if elected did u elect him?

like dangota atiku is a private investor but not like dangote who cant succeed in business except d FG grants him waiver or shut down oda business in his line of business for him to make profit, show me one line of business dangote is involved in dat there is no restriction on importation or he has not used federal might to fight d local investor den I will tell u, he is really a good business man only when there is monopoly, hence he sold his flour mill n soon will sell d cement cos d competitors are local producers not foreigners dat dey will ban importation of such goods

d plot to drown BUA didnt work hence d resort to mass sack of staff n I bet u BUA will employ 50% of his staff.

dangote only trives where n when there is monopoly, I remember when he reduced d price of cement just to frustrate elephant n oda cement companies.

tell me d total workforce of d cement factory dat 3000 staff will b sacked?

it goes a long way to show ur brother dangote can't cope with competition, am not hating on him but d likes of adenuga, innoson are d real business men cos dey strive n succeed in d midst of stiff competition not ur oga dat is always afraid of competition

dangote didn't go into Telecoms cos it would be difficult to compete with d likes of mtn n Airtel but look at adenuga fight it out with d two major telecoms

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.