Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning (78316 Views)

My Brother Killed This Big Antelope Today (photo) / The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / See The Monitor Lizard Killed By My Brother This Morning In Our Back Yard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by flyingpig: 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Toluobaeko11:

NAT GEO WILD always focus on animals in eastern and southern African countries, because 70% of Africa's wild animals are in these places. We have our own species here, like west African elephants, the rain forests monkeys and baboons, the bush buffaloes, etc, but you'll never see any documentary in it.
Even here in Ondo state, Elephants, gorillas, Buffaloes, fox( I came in contact with one in the bush), and many others wild animals are still roaming in the deep bush, and no one cares to make a documentary about then.

Elephant in Ondo?

Oga oo
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by flyinnizam(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
1mansquard:
Keep ur village story to urself..
you're actually stupid if u think I live in a rural settlement
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Vyolet(f): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
There are many villagers on this forum and these are the ones that will come around to write nonsense and call women names.

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lol.. it's okay hoo..
OlawaleBammie:

Egbin KO, egbinrin ote ni grin

DAT is antelope, agbunrin..
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by flyinnizam(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
stuffs4me:

It still does not give your brother right to carry firearms..

Are you sure your brother is not an armed robber?
IGP Adamu...I salute you
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Toluobaeko11: 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
flyingpig:

Elephant in Ondo?

Oga oo

Yes! Ondo state has one of the largest concentration of Elephants in Nigeria( West African Elephants). One was killed in Idanre local government last year. You'll find Elephants in Idanre local government, Ose LG, and Odigbo LG.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Pacesetter123(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
flyinnizam:
I tried using google lens to find the exact name of the animal but could not....please what is the English name because we call it Orere in my dialect
It is called Hare.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by flyinnizam(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Vyolet:
There are many villagers on this forum and these are the ones that will come around to write nonsense and call women names.
and u are also stupid if u think I live in the village

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Greatzeus(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
It's high time Seun added automatic GPS location to our comments,so that we can see where the people we conversing with are. A lot of villagers on nairaland brushing shoulders with civilized people behind their Android 4.O device. grin

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by fairheart(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
michlins:
This weekend don stew for you oh. See free meat.

Congrats bro. Forget all these animal rights activist here. Humans never get rights na animal want get

Lols
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by flyingpig: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
Toluobaeko11:

Yes! Ondo state has one of the largest concentration of Elephants in Nigeria( West African Elephants). One was killed in Idanre local government last year. You'll find Elephants in Idanre local government, Ose LG, and Odigbo LG.

Jeez it's true oo

Just googled it and saw the incident happened in 2018. I feel so gutted why should he kill that elephant.

We must preserve and co-habit with our wild lives.

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Staphylococcus: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
ArticleBeast:

We didn't see godzilla and dinosaurs did we die? If you eat meat of any kind you should stay out of this convo. Allow vegans to speak

Animals that are been bred is different from wildlife.

Cow, pigs and goats are bred by big cooperations to maintain demand. The subject is not in such class. Humans have become threats to their existence.

Expand your scope how it's done in sane world. Start with Africa and see how it's been done. Not just killing indiscriminately.You can research about how it's been done in Gabon and Madagascar.

Why I laugh when some of you see a snakelet and call a python, cos you have never been opportune to see a full grown python outside television.

Loads of animals that it will take a tooth to find in the country as it stands today and their are preserved designated habitats where this animals resides, that ought to be preserved.

Tell me the truth, have you seen herds of elephants before roaming freely?
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Benwallt(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
This is impala
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by SoliBayNG: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Animals that are been bred is different from wildlife.

Cow, pigs and goats are bred by big cooperations to maintain demand. The subject is not in such class. Humans have become threats to their existence.

Expand your scope how it's done in sane world. Start with Africa and see how it's been done. Not just killing indiscriminately.You can research about how it's been done in Gabon and Madagascar.

Why I laugh when some of you see a snakelet and call a python, cos you have never been opportune to see a full grown python outside television.

Loads of animals that it will take a tooth to find in the country as it stands today and their are preserved designated habitats where this animals resides, that ought to be preserved.

Tell me the truth, have you seen herds of elephants before roaming freely?

Yet there are still people that féel you are a murderer for eating pigs and cows.

The thing in Nigeria is that we all feel we are better than the other. U eat meat, he hunts for it... We all eat meat. Stop feeling more righteous.

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by ubee(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
flyinnizam:
not an antelope and not springbok either...it's more like a red serow
Firstly you are not making sense! You named it an antelope in the title and now you say it's not one? Why are you contradicted against yourself?

Secondly, you must not go out of your way to sound intelligent. If you don't have any factual claim or information to bring forth then don't post anything. I say this because of how phoney you sound by confidently calling the animal a Red Serow. Smh! Red Serow as a specie is native only to two or three countries in Asia and nowhere else in the entire world. Your claim sounds as silly as saying Kangaroos are found in Nigeria.

As a parting shot. I wish we will have sense one day in this country to wake up and pass legislation to end the relentless destruction of biodiversity that's been ongoing unabated for several decades in this joke of a country.

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by bizzibodi(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
With no lion in nigeria antelopes natural enemies is man.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Macon1212: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
flyinnizam:
I tried using google lens to find the exact name of the animal but could not....please what is the English name because we call it Orere in my dialect

Send the picture to Buhari in Aso Rock, he would quickly identify it.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by heskeyw(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Quality20:
this one shd go down well with a chilled bottle of plateau state kunu
Na u Sabi bro, or u take it with a chilled nunu, don't add fura. Just Nunu. I served in miango, Bassa lga. Na nunu chop my money
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by stuffs4me(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
flyinnizam:
IGP Adamu...I salute you

Your brother is a very dangerous and clandestine person with criminal intent,

Why should your brother be carrying an unlicensed gun about. Your brother is either and armed robber of a kidnapper
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Staphylococcus: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
SoliBayNG:

Yet there are still people that féel you are a murderer for eating pigs and cows.

The thing in Nigeria is that we all feel we are better than the other. U eat meat, he hunts for it... We all eat meat. Stop feeling more righteous.

It's called conservation dear.

It's a primary school topic.

It explains why and reasons to stop hunting down the wildlife.

Comparing a cow or goat to wildlife is ridiculous. Who breeds pythons or deer's.

The cattles in the New Zealand one is more than the population of Ekiti state. That's should tell you more.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by ubee(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Toluobaeko11:

NAT GEO WILD always focus on animals in eastern and southern African countries, because 70% of Africa's wild animals are in these places. We have our own species here, like west African elephants, the rain forests monkeys and baboons, the bush buffaloes, etc, but you'll never see any documentary in it.
Even here in Ondo state, Elephants, gorillas, Buffaloes, fox( I came in contact with one in the bush), and many others wild animals are still roaming in the deep bush, and no one cares to make a documentary about then.
So haven't you figured out by now why we never see documentaries on Nigeria's wildlife?
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by adisaaowala: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
abike12:
You guys eat too much rubbish. When you catch disease be waiting for doctors from the west to come and cure you.

Why are you always angry? sad
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Toluobaeko11: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
ubee:

So haven't you figured out by now why we never see documentaries on Nigeria's wildlife?
I haven't! Please you can help me out
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Kingrefreshed: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
michlins:
This weekend don stew for you oh. See free meat.

Congrats bro. Forget all these animal rights activist here. Humans never get rights na animal want get

My brother I just taya for this people. Maybe we should leave those wild animals and kill them instead.

Human in animal skin activists
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Watsup with the hair on its body.. you guys pour water on it ..and why??.
That looks like egbin, in Yoruba.. I don't really know the English for it sad sad..
Prepare it well, and make a sumptuous meal outta it grin grin grin..
It will pass good place grin grin
this is not egbin, egbin look like horse with several beautiful colours, English name of Egbin is ZEBRA.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Ijaya123: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
An antelope for sure but not sure the specie. Maybe a springbok.

Ok, enough with the mentions. I get it already. It's not a springbok Mr.wilder

We don’t have springboks in Nigeria. Only in South Africa
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Okay.. thanks.. cheesy ; wink
Volkswagen90:
this is not egbin, egbin look like horse with several beautiful colours, English name of Egbin is ZEBRA.
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by marisdgreat(f): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
foreshore:

Animal cruelty, God is watching you o!
fish and chicken wey u dey eat, shey no b animal cruelty?

1 Like

Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by ubee(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Toluobaeko11:

I haven't! Please you can help me out
I promise i will discuss the reason with you as I'm very passionate about biodiversity but for now I'm too occupied. I will send a request to your email now. Accept it if you don't mind so that i can post a wide ranging information to you
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Okay.. thanks.. cheesy ; wink
but i no mind getting close to u o, u are pretty
Re: See The Antelope That Was Shot Dead By My Brother This Morning by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Thanks for the complement tho kiss kiss kiss
Volkswagen90:
but i no mind getting close to u o, u are pretty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) / See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / Huge Python Sold For N4,500 (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.