Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church (45085 Views)

Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video) / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Levi218(m): 4:50am On Jun 21, 2020
Even the whitemen don't gather crowd like we Africans, the shame too much. This continent needs to be washed with jik.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by anukulapo: 5:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Zabiboy:

MANY WOMEN ARE UNMARRIED, NOT BECAUSE THEY CANT FIND A MAN BUT BECAUSE THEY CANT FIND A MAN RICH ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE WEDDING SHOW-OFF THAT THEY AND THEIR FAMILY ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD..
*drops pen
Your wisdom will not finish. Say amen
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by LaJoe2: 6:01am On Jun 21, 2020
with event planners as the least important role, disguised as the most important role which collects the largest fee.

All he/she does is to bring and organize the vendors, provides no real tangible service or product compared to the vendors, yet bill large amounts. The #brainwashing begins there

Acidosis:
He's right. Business people (like makeup artist, photographer, event planner, decorator, etc) only made a merchandise of the whole thing to f00l intending couples and leave them broke or poorer.

We all will get sense post-Covid. People are still getting married despite the inactivity of these business people. With an extra fee of 25-30k, you can invite the registry/magistrate people to come and join you both in your home. Pay your dowry and zoom off!

"It's your day, make it memorable bla bla bla",
they all say, but none of them will tell you that marriage is a journey. How do you start celebrating a journey you haven't even began so badly that you have to go broke or poorer in the process??

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by izuu20(m): 6:32am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

JESUS Christ will not be there if the couples where godless people..

Everywhere JESUS performed Miracles it began with Prayers. Common sense should tell u that!

You need the Blessing of a God Representative!

If your parents are Believers , Wonderful!

And which simply means that the only approved and holy marriage recorded was the only one Jesus attended... and others are unholy?.. which means prophet Isaiah marriage wasn't blessed ?My African family let's wake up
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by KenModi(m): 6:55am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

A Marriage needs to be Blessed! Someone who stands as a Representative of GOD needs to Bless the Marriage. E.g Pastor, priest, etc

GOD ALMIGHTY in the Beginning Blessed Adam and Eve..

Gen 1:28..

The Blessings spoken to a couple is important!

All the other things are not really important!

Modified; Ignore what people say! GOD ALMIGHTY is a God of Order.

Parental Blessings are good and important

But do not ignore the Blessings of your Pastor, priest ,etc.. it's very important

Here you go again talking rubbish.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by KenModi(m): 7:13am On Jun 21, 2020
Xavfra:

Please can you keep quiet.....

Your types are the ones who wouldn't let Africa rise....

Ohhh! Your well of wisdom would never run dry. These are the kind of people who want Africans to remain under the shackles of mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by galaxy2020(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God is not against your parties and receptions. Celebrate with freedom as long as it is not done to serve the doctrines and traditions of men.
....Correct, doctrines are man made, not from God.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Adenipexy: 7:41am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

A Marriage needs to be Blessed! Someone who stands as a Representative of GOD needs to Bless the Marriage. E.g Pastor, priest, etc

But do not ignore the Blessings of your Pastor, priest ,etc.. it's very important

truth be told,I have always respected your way of using this medium to promote Christ
but in this view here,you actually sounded more religious than reasonable
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Adenipexy: 7:48am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

Blessing is never enough!get all the blessings you can

guy no worry during your wedding call crusade
or better still the conference of pastors or CAN national level to come bless your union
but never make what you believe to seem the right thing
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Emmaxzy411(m): 7:50am On Jun 21, 2020
We needed a pandemic like covid19 to curb our excesses, especially in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nuzo1(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2020
Not totally true sir.

Any marriage without the acknowledgement by the government is null and void in the face of man and God.

Most of the weddings done at home and even the church don't have permits from the government. As far as God and man is concerned, that marriage does not exist.

People don't know that the marriage certificate the church gives couple on their wedding day is authorized by the government. If any church doesn't have such permit, they are wasting their time.

In summary, whether you wed in church or in your bedroom... If the government is not aware; you are wasting your time.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

There is no need arguing with you.

The average Nigerian born again is dogmatic and wants to teach Christ how the Bible should be written.

If you see some of them telling you which church to attend and which one to avoid, you will think they heard from God.

Yet thesame people have not attended any of their only church since April 2020, Corona Virus started and they are still alive.

Stop confusing yourself, this marriage thing that the illiterate African society uses to hold single men to stay single and create poverty alleviation for a lady's parents, is what smart men have seen and started the Baby mama movement.

Wedding is a total waste of scarce resources. You only need the consent of A GIRL'S PARENTS TO MARRY the girl.

In the Bible, the man does not need the consent of his own parents to marry a girl of his choice.

Keeping oneself in bondage and claiming Christianity is Stupidity... capitalized.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2020
Zabiboy:

MANY WOMEN ARE UNMARRIED, NOT BECAUSE THEY CANT FIND A MAN BUT BECAUSE THEY CANT FIND A MAN RICH ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE WEDDING SHOW-OFF THAT THEY AND THEIR FAMILY ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD..
*drops pen

You are right oga.

Dem go wait tire..
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2020
doitforyou:
Personally, the ‘real’ marriage for me is a civil one not traditional or religious. However, I am not going to begrudge or judge Christians on how they wish to practice their faith.

For those citing Jesus at a wedding, Christianity didn’t exist then, Jesus participated in Jewish customs and attended a wedding ceremony that was probably Jewish.

Each religion have their way of joining two couples and those that practice said faith should be allowed to follow such practices without judgement.

I know for Catholics, a priest blessing your marriage is important, it’s one of the sacraments a Catholic observes while they’re on earth, the last one is death.

Edit:
I erroneously included last rites as one of the seven sacraments.

Apostle Paul wrote about marriage AFTER Christianity began. In no single place did he write about a marriage being blessed by pastors, priests etc probably because he knew all Christians are priests. If this was an important part of Christianity he would have said something about it.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by kafeii123: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2020
Aksnoopy:
Blessing spoken unto a couple by pastors isn't superior to that from the parents nor the couple theirselve. Gone are the days of Adam, Christ Has risen!

Leve the guy ... He has not accepted the reality that the era of gatekeepers is gone.

He will agree with you only innso far as you don't criticise the church. But the church was itself borne from criticism... Christ came to open people's eyes from the slavery the then religion had placed them into. Ad let them know that God doesn't need someone to interpret for him.

If you decide to not involve any church in your wedding.... God won't cast you in hell for it... There are Biko haramites and corrupt government officials to fill hell... which priest officiated Isaac's marriage?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by kafeii123: 10:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Nuzo1:
Not totally true sir.

Any marriage without the acknowledgement by the government is null and void in the face of man and God.

Most of the weddings done at home and even the church don't have permits from the government. As far as God and man is concerned, that marriage does not exist.

People don't know that the marriage certificate the church gives couple on their wedding day is authorized by the government. If any church doesn't have such permit, they are wasting their time.

In summary, whether you wed in church or in your bedroom... If the government is not aware; you are wasting your time.

Government I understand.... But church.... Not a must
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by kafeii123: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2020
izuu20:

And which simply means that the only approved and holy marriage recorded was the only one Jesus attended... and others are unholy?.. which means prophet Isaiah marriage wasn't blessed ?My African family let's wake up
l

Somebody that.....

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by kafeii123: 10:24am On Jun 21, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Who is a representative of God and how do you know one?

For all I see are representatives of Satan

Wolves in sheep's clothing
Decieving people like you

I think he profits from the institutionnonevway or another. I hope I'm wrong though.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by kafeii123: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

JESUS Christ will not be there if the couples where godless people..

Everywhere JESUS performed Miracles it began with Prayers. Common sense should tell u that!

You need the Blessing of a God Representative!

If your parents are Believers , Wonderful!

Where two or three are gathered in my name...there I will be with them ... That's what Christ himself said. He didn't mandate that any of the two be a church ordained priest.

Na una dey let people become atheistic. It's the offense we continually berate Islam for. Unwillingness to adapt to the times.

You're on this forum pastor righteous... Please allow your members some latitude. It will show that you're truly evolved and are not part of the those who pronounce them hell bound just for wearing trousers.

Paul said the kingdom of God is not rigid... it's not about touch or taste not

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by ugotex85: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

Sir, can you please give us any scripture text where a pastor, priest or Bishop blessed a marriage before it became valid? I really would want to learn that from you.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Zabiboy: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2020
lastclaire4:

Not true. Some guys see a lady that is trying to work hard, they become intimidated. The story turns to "I dont have, she has". I dont think it can work. There is more to being married than just attitude.

If only you understood the diff between
ALL, MANY & SOME angry

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Zabiboy: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2020
anukulapo:

Your wisdom will not finish. Say amen

AMENN grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Righteousness89(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2020
ugotex85:

Sir, can you please give us any scripture text where a pastor, priest or Bishop blessed a marriage before it became valid? I really would want to learn that from you.
Thanks in advance.

My Brother, Here is my point!

GOD Almighty as our Heavenly Most High Priest pronounced Blessings on Adam and Eve.

When Abramham came back from back from the slaughter of the 5 kings and Recovery of Jos brothers son lot, He approached Melchizedek who the Bible calls the priest of the most High and He Blessed Abramham.

GOD Almighty personally Ordered that the Levites are responsible for specific duties pertaining to Worship , and things of GOD. It's a Specific office!

In today World, when people have issues and challenges, they make effort to see a Man of GOD or someone they believe is that office..

Now, Blessings from your parents is wonderful, Awesome, good..

But also Ensure you Get the Blessings and Pronouncements of a GENUIE Servant of GOD..

It's important!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by VirginFinder: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Bbrother, Hhere is my point!

GOD Almighty as our Heavenly Most High Priest pronounced Bblessings on Adam and Eve.

When Abramham came back from back from the slaughter of the 5 kings and Rrecovery of Jos brothers son lot, Hhe approached Melchizedek who the Bible calls the priest of the most High and Hhe Bblessed Abramham.

GOD Almighty personally Oordered that the Levites are responsible for specific duties pertaining to Wworship , and things of GOD. It's a Sspecific office!

In today Wworld, when people have issues and challenges, they make effort to see a Mman of GOD or someone they believe is that office..

Now, Bblessings from your parents is wonderful, Aawesome, good..

But also Eensure you Gget the Bblessings and Ppronouncements of a GENUIE Sservant of GOD..

It's important!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Rapture4real(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ariza:
I agree with this. Same thing I was telling a friend that the Traditional wedding/Engagement is the real joining together,others are ceremony. Sad thing though even the Engagement is now poverty alleviation scheme, All thanks to Alaga iduro and ijoko. undecided

He is partially correct.All the European aspects correct.But a pastor must be there as God's representative.You cannot get all God expects us to do verbatim in the Bible but the Holy Spirit is a guide.The Bible is complete,dont misunderstand me.Where is it in the Bible that we should go to school,to brush our teeth, etc Which naming ceremony is in the Bible where you have a pastor there.All the names given to Jacobs children were by his wives.So certain.cultural practicea are okau if it does not contradict the Bible.
Yes.White wedding not in the Bible but.not a sin.Does Omokri know that a wife being a virgin is also a criterior in the Bible?If someone is not a virgin and has repented, her wedding is holy and biblical.The same goes to the man.Some of these things are not important issue.The main issue is fear God,work in holiness and please the Lord.Matt.6:33
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by dejavuh0007(m): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

all u need are the blessings of ur father and mother and not that of a 'man of God'
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by ugotex85: 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

GOD Almighty as our Heavenly Most High Priest pronounced Blessings on Adam and Eve.

When Abramham came back from back from the slaughter of the 5 kings and Recovery of Jos brothers son lot, He approached Melchizedek who the Bible calls the priest of the most High and He Blessed Abramham.

GOD Almighty personally Ordered that the Levites are responsible for specific duties pertaining to Worship , and things of GOD. It's a Specific office!

In today World, when people have issues and challenges, they make effort to see a Man of GOD or someone they believe is that office..

But also Ensure you Get the Blessings and Pronouncements of a GENUIE Servant of GOD..

It's important!

You are referencing biblical stories that have no correlation with the discussion. Marriage is a family affair from the ancient times. God made a wife for Adam because there was no woman on earth then as the Bible reported, He also blessed their marriage because Adam had no earthly father. But since after Adam, that role has been assigned to fathers. Abraham instructed his servant to go to his place of origin to get a wife for Isaac from among his people, and when that was done, it was Abraham that blessed their marriage.

When Isaac was about to die, he requested for a sport (Bush animal delicacy) from Esau for him to bless him. That role of blessing rested on the father's from the ancient times.

You may say there were no priests then, but there were priests, prophets and Levites during the time of David, Solomon and others. All those biblical figures married, some even had many wives, yet not one took his wife to a priest for him to bless their marriage.

Go and read Leviticus and see where Moses outlined the duties of the priests and Levites, blessing of marriage wasn't part of that.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's important!

God Almighty is not our High priest in heaven. He is God Himself.

God never told the Levites to officiate marriages.

And He certainly never told them they had the capability to bless or curse anyone. They had no such power or privilege where God is concerned

Since you mentioned melchizedek's blessing on Abraham, here is a question for you to ponder. What did melchizedek bless Abraham with and where do we see that blessing materialize or become sight in Abraham's story?
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Rapture4real:

He is partially correct.All the European aspects correct.But a pastor must be there as God's representative.You cannot get all God expects us to do verbatim in the Bible but the Holy Spirit is a guide.The Bible is complete,dont misunderstand me.Where is it in the Bible that we should go to school,to brush our teeth, etc Which naming ceremony is in the Bible where you have a pastor there.All the names given to Jacobs children were by his wives.So certain.cultural practicea are okau if it does not contradict the Bible.
Yes.White wedding not in the Bible but.not a sin.Does Omokri know that a wife being a virgin is also a criterior in the Bible?If someone is not a virgin and has repented, her wedding is holy and biblical.The same goes to the man.Some of these things are not important issue.The main issue is fear God,work in holiness and please the Lord.Matt.6:33

God already blessed marriage. A pastor being there on your wedding day is useless and has nothing to do with God.

Note: God's blessings on marriage applies to all marriages, not some.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by doitforyou(f): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God already blessed marriage. A pastor being there on your wedding day is useless and has nothing to do with God.

Note: God's blessings on marriage applies to all marriages, not some.
What is a Christian wedding? What’s the difference between a Christian wedding and a non-Christian wedding?

Most Christian weddings start from the pre-marriage counseling, it’s an important part of a Christian wedding, where bible studies and verses that serve as a guideline for a Christian marriage is taught and shared. It prepares the couple for a Christian marriage.

Yes a pastor is human but he/she is still a minister in charge of a Christian congregation. Christians go to them to minster/teach/guide/mentor the word of God. A pastor also provides spiritual leadership, not ALL parents can fulfill that role.

A Christian wedding is much more than just a blessing of the couple. It’s also a service where the congregation and the couple are ministered to and there’s exchange of vows reaffirming the promises that make a Christian marriage. Some people have special relationships with their pastor and a pastor or a spiritual leader play significant roles in some people’s lives.

I’ve noticed most people are more against the Western culture of a Christian wedding and the cost, and not a Christian wedding. You can have a Christian wedding with your African culture, you can literally get married in front of your pastor say bible verses, profess your love and say your vows in front of friends and family in your iro and buba, no wedding party, no reception, make up artist, photographs etc.

A Christian wedding is the joining of a couple in a church ceremony (service, mass etc), the same ceremony you participate in every Sunday because you’re a Christian. We don’t have to change the definition because we don’t like the modern day commercialization of a ‘white’ wedding.

For those saying no reference of a wedding in the Bible yada yada yada yet you attend church ceremonies of your different denominations every Sunday, the way your church perform their service is it in the Bible? Why would you criticize a Christian wanting to have a Christian wedding? You don’t have to have one, your choice, doesn’t stop you from being a Christian.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
doitforyou:

What is a Christian wedding? What’s the difference between a Christian wedding and a non-Christian wedding?

Most Christian weddings start from the pre-marriage counseling, it’s an important part of a Christian wedding, where bible studies and verses that serve as a guideline for a Christian marriage is taught and shared. It prepares the couple for a Christian marriage.

Yes a pastor is human but he/she is still a minister in charge of a Christian congregation. Christians go to them to minster/teach/guide/mentor the word of God. A pastor also provides spiritual leadership, not ALL parents can fulfill that role.

A Christian wedding is much more than just a blessing of the couple. It’s also a service where the congregation and the couple are ministered to and there’s exchange of vows reaffirming the promises that make a Christian marriage. Some people have special relationships with their pastor and a pastor or a spiritual leader play significant roles in some people’s lives.

I’ve noticed most people are more against the Western culture of a Christian wedding and the cost, not a Christian wedding. You can have a Christian wedding with your African Customs, you can literally get married in front of your pastor say bible verses, profess your love and say your vows in front of friends and family in your iro and buba, no wedding party, no reception, make up artist, photographs etc.

A Christian wedding is the joining of a couple in a church ceremony (service, mass etc), the same ceremony you participate in every Sunday because you’re a Christian. We don’t have to change the definition because we don’t like the modern day commercialization of a ‘white’ wedding.

For those saying no reference of a wedding in the Bible yada yada yada yet you attend church ceremonies of your different denominations every Sunday, the way your church perform their service is it in the Bible? Why would you criticize a Christian wanting to have a Christian wedding?

There is no such thing as a Christian wedding.

Jesus Christ never told you how to do weddings, neither did the Almighty God, Ok?

In the eyes of the Almighty everlasting God, what you typed up there amounts to more meaninglessness done in His name, and He does not take kindly to people lying in His name.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by doitforyou(f): 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ warned you severely against the adopted styles of men...i.e. the doctrines and traditions of men as they only serve to nullify the power and blessings of God in the marriages that result.

Jesus Christ urges us to choose to do all we do God's way, and not man's way, every single time so we can enjoy God's blessings instead of man's which really is nothing.

Read the words of Jesus Christ to learn His truth.
Kobojunkie:

There is no such thing as a Christian wedding.

Jesus Christ never told you how to do weddings, neither did the Almighty God, Ok?

In the eyes of the Almighty everlasting God, what you typed up there amounts to more meaninglessness done in His name, and He does not take kindly to people lying in His name.
Jesus Christ and almighty God never told you how to organize a ceremony or what day or days you should fellowship in his name, yet Christianity and it’s different denominations have created and adopted service styles to do that.

They’ve even gone further to create holidays in his name. Were Christians told how and when to celebrate the birth, death, resurrection of Christ? Why selectively pick and choose which man made traditions that are responsible for present day Christianity to discard or to adopt?

The way and style Christians worship is purely the traditions and culture of men, why only draw the line at a Christian wedding ceremony?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Deeper Life Girls, You Are Getting Married Too Early! / Adeboye Visits The Family Eunice Olawale Who Was Murdered While Preaching / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.