Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church (45116 Views)

Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video) / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
The one done at home, they call it engagement. Man complicated it. Ladies made it difficult.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Karlifate: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

The fact is that if you choose to Blind your eyes to truth you won't see anything.

The office of a levite stands between the people and GOD. That's official! Go read your bible!

GOD is Orderly! You don't do what you think or what you like if you need GOD..

I said give me scriptural references, you wrote jargons & you claim to know the Bible.

Well, you can't give what you don't have.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by 2cul2care: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Reno my man, always spitting fire, anyway it's very true, all what the Bible requires is for the dowry to be paid, and both parents (bride and groom's parent) give their blessings.

Thats all

I don't buy this idea of spending all your money on marriage ceremony, even borrowing money, and you enter into a fresh marriage, owing debts, it doesn't make sense.

Besides a lot of people have used white wedding or church wedding as an excuse to be superficial
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by bigiyaro(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
[quote author=Righteousness89 post=90872914]Not completely correct!

A Marriage needs to be Blessed! Someone who stands as a Representative of GOD needs to Bless the Marriage. E.g Pastor, priest, etc

GOD ALMIGHTY in the Beginning Blessed Adam and Eve..

Gen 1:28..

The Blessings spoken to a couple is important!

All the other things are not really important!
[/quote and which one is an unblessed marriage? so the couple are children of the devil and a rep of god must he there? abeg carry your wahala park one side. The parents blessings are a enough, no "rep of god" is needed.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by doitforyou(f): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
PHIPEX:
Agreed but we are saying in the case of Christianity there is no such command, it's more or less a man made instructions that have been made to look like Biblical instructions. There is nothing like a white wedding in the Scripture.
Christianity like any other religion is man made.

There are many denominations/faiths under Christianity.

I used Roman Catholic as an example in my first post. The sacrament of matrimony is important to a practicing Catholic.

Yes a ‘White’ wedding is a cultural element of a faith and it’s not necessary to do one to have a religious marriage. To criticize people who believe having their marriage blessed by a religious leader is very important to their faith, is what I disagree with.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Topsic70: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

JESUS Christ will not be there if the couples where godless people..

Everywhere JESUS performed Miracles it began with Prayers. Common sense should tell u that!

You need the Blessing of a God Representative!

If your parents are Believers , Wonderful!
Why r u falling ur own hand like ds biko?
Its not every topic dt u must do oversabi nah?
So in ur church mind God won't listen to d prayers of the parents abi?

So in ur own small world (at bolded) its only Christians marriages blessed by pastors and the likes that are legitimate marriages abi?
Muslims'/buddis'/hindus' marriages are void since dr officiating ministers are not 'believers' abi?

Genesis 20:17
"So Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bare children."
^^^^^^^
Oya o, who was the "officiating minister/Gods representative" during Abimelech's wedding seeing dt he was not a 'believer' yet God recognized his woman as 'wife'?

Over to u sah!

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by daveP(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
eyinjuege:
The way Africans carry European religion for head na wah.
Christianity itself is unAfrican.
People may choose to celebrate with groomsmen, bridesmaids, cakes or whatever shenanigans they want , just to show they are throwing a feast they can afford.
Ya laughable with this comment. The white man didn't bring Christianity to Africa. Stop that stale narrative that is being refuted of recent in academic quarters

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Somodooo: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
[s]
Topsic70:

Why r u falling ur own hand like ds biko?
Its not every topic dt u must do oversabi nah?
So in ur church mind God won't listen to d prayers of the parents abi?

So in ur own small world (at bolded) its only Christians marriages blessed by pastors and the likes that are legitimate marriages abi?
Muslims'/buddis'/hindus' marriages are void since dr officiating ministers are not 'believers' abi?

Genesis 20:17
"So Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bare children."
^^^^^^^
Oya o, who was the "officiating minister/Gods representative" during Abimelech's wedding seeing dt he was not a 'believer' yet God recognized his woman as 'wife'?

Over to u sah!
[/s]
trash
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by obyrich(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

If your parents are Godly, good to go..

I say a representative of GOD because that's an office!

In the days of Old the Levites has That as their duty! It's their office to do that!
Please share bible reference to support your assertion that the levites were entrusted with the responsibility of blessing marriages.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
He's been dropping this words of wisdom since morning. Man's so endowed with so much wisdom.

Heed to these words and get a happy marriage.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by stanat: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

That's what you know!

JESUS Christ will not be there if the couples where godless people..

Everywhere JESUS performed Miracles it began with Prayers. Common sense should tell u that!

You need the Blessing of a God Representative!

If your parents are Believers , Wonderful!
Are you sure you really read your bible

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Mryacks: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
gbaskiboy:
Mr Reno Omokri the former aide to ex- president GoodLuck Jonathan. I always follow his daily nuggets on facebook and on twitter. Bbut i found this one so interesting. Fellow nairalands what do you think about his post about wedding?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221928792306229&id=1152008079

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221929878893393&id=1152008079

But did Reno do a church wedding when he got married or was it the kind of wedding he is advocating for here?
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by tydi(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
devlishGINGER:
How ever you choose your wedding to be... Just make sure say divorce no go happen

No be for this present generational girls wey one leg dey inside house other dey for outside. No patience at all. But las las na dem dey the loosing side.

Brother these present girls don't worth our love one bit they worth what they're getting now.. Have my offspring and fvck off
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by bukatyne(f): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The representatives of God in a wedding are the parents of the couple, not anyone called Pastor, priest et al.

No blessing is greater than the parents’ blessings.

God was the father of Adam and blessed them himself, going by your analogy. He didn’t call on any angel to come as his representative to bless them

The things someone reads here sometimes cheesy
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by ArticleBeast: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

And if your father is not a Godly person, what do you do? Or u just wanna talk?
Then your mother.... Whether godly or not, a man can bless you. Blessings are not based on Christianity or not. Before the white colonial masters brought about Christianity people have been blessed for ages. The white man came, told us our system was wrong and theirs were correct.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by dokie: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
doitforyou:

Christianity like any other religion is man made.

There are many denominations/faiths under Christianity.

I used Roman Catholic as an example in my first post. The sacrament of matrimony is important to a practicing Catholic.

Yes a ‘White’ wedding is a cultural element of a faith and it’s not necessary to do one to have a religious marriage. To criticize people who believe having their marriage blessed by a religious leader is very important to their faith is what I disagree with.

Christian marriage is necessary for Christians. It gives a stronger sense of bonding, and reduces divorce.

The catholic church takes you through months of what is called a marriage course, educating you on diverse issues relating to marriage before you get into it. Why? because of divorce. So if you know you can't handle issues that may arise, you don't go in there. Once in you can't get out because God hates divorce.

When you must have been well groomed on issues of the married life, it should dawn on you that its not an easy ride, and that its gonna take the grace of God to see you through till death do you part. That is why it's raised to the level of a sacrament. Whereby the church prays for special graces to enable you pull through, and eventually obtain salvation.

All you need for a Christian/ Catholic marriage is your marriage course certificate which costs nothing, a date for the marriage, your parents, and sponsors. That's all. Wedding party is your choice. To get married in the Catholic church costs less than 10k.

Now anybody who says a Christian should not go through this process, but should just obtain parental consent and start living like husband and wife needs help.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by broswilli: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
I agree with Mr Omokri 100%. Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. Even Mr Omokri is making it a bit more complex than how God made it. A man meets a woman they agree to be husband and wife.

They are husband and wife even without the parents knowing. That is why if you take a woman into your house she is your wife according to Jewish laws. The reason why parents are involved is to honor them according to the 10 commandments.

You have to honor your parents by showing them your wife when leaving their house at age 30(The standard age of marriage in ancient israel) so that they pronounce you as an honorable son. If you are an orphan you agree with a woman and she becomes your wife.

The other traditions of people gathering is to prevent any party denying this agreement. The ways of the Almighty is without burden but men look for a way to make things complex.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
This man is trying to islamize christian wedding O

Somebody help!!!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Topsic70: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Haula:
This man is trying to islamize christian wedding O

Somebody help!!!
Lolz.... cheesy

Somodooo:
[s][/s]
trash
Nwanne #6046, You're still a kid!
What do u know? grin
When granpas like us are talking about the marriage institution we expect u to 'download'.
grin grin grin

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by OgaHector: 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

Blessing is never enough!get all the blessings you can
get all blessing you can by spending all the money you have abi?
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by djon78(m): 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

If you have Godly parents ! You say that!

The pastor/ priest is an office Ordained by GOD just like the levites of old.

That's that official duty!

Oga stop saying things you can't back up.
Bible tells us to honour our father and mother, that our days may be long.

Godly or no godly parents
You must honour them

That's why you see professed Christians die untimely. Because they failed to honor there parents. Dishonoring them comes with a great price.

Secondly there is no where in the scriptures priests or pastors were coducting wedding.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by bukatyne(f): 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
dokie:

Is it Christianity that is stopping Africa from rising? If anything, Christianity brought light to africa. Most of our forebearers were exposed to schools brought to us by the missionaries. Same as hospitals. My father was educated because of the missionaries. Christianity still holds a central place in most European and american nations till date. America as a nation was built on strong christian ethics. Till this day their dollar carries "in God we trust". The Arabs are doing great today. They are more religious than afticans by a mile. Is their any African nation more religious than Saudi Arabia? Is their any African nation as developed as Saudi Arabia?

Please, Africa's problem is not Christianity or religion. It is Africans. If Christianity had not come to Africa, we would still be killing ourselves in sacrifice to worthless deities.

If you don't like religion or Christianity, fine. But don't ever say that religion is the bane of Africa.

Gbam! Gbammer!! Gbammest!!!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by OgaHector: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

A Marriage needs to be Blessed! Someone who stands as a Representative of GOD needs to Bless the Marriage. E.g Pastor, priest, etc

Bro, I used to think you get sense.. Just disappointed
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Mrkarlz(m): 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
One could attribute failed marriages today as the falseful proclaimation of the so called men of god on so many marriages because a good number of them are diabolic and evil
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by djon78(m): 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
Saint99:
Behold, Rebekah is before thee, take her, and go, and let her be thy master's son's wife, as the LORD hath spoken.
Genesis 24:51

Here there was no elaborate ceremony, just Abraham's servant representing Isaac, his master's Son and Rebekah's family, even Isaac the groom or the husband to be didn't need to be there.

This was one scriptural reference that made me realize the church had no say in a persons marriage.
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Somodooo: 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
[s]
Topsic70:

Lolz.... cheesy

Nwanne #6046, You're still a kid!
What do u know? grin
When granpas like us are talking about the marriage institution we expect u to 'download'.
grin grin grin
[/s]
shatap
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by ChiefS(m): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
I'm just wondering how many weddings the Apostles in the new testament moderated. None is recorded in scripture. While I have no problems with church wedding as I did one, Reno is right on this one.

doitforyou:
Personally, the ‘real’ marriage for me is a civil one not traditional or religious. However, I am not going to begrudge or judge Christians on how they wish to practice their faith.

For those citing Jesus at a wedding, Christianity didn’t exist then, Jesus participated in Jewish customs and attended a wedding ceremony that was probably Jewish.

Each religion have their way of joining two couples and those that practice said faith should be allowed to follow such practices without judgement.

I know for Catholics, a priest blessing your marriage is important, it’s one of the sacraments a Catholic observes while they’re on earth, the last one is death.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Dalby(m): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

Why do we do this
Did God come down to bless Adam and Eves marriage as you said NO.
Has God changed location from the time of Adam and Eve to date NO.
Who was the representative of God during Adam and Eves marriage
If there was none then, there certainly is no reason why one should be there now.

QED!!!
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by djon78(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
nowhere in all of scripture is even a ceremony claimed necessary.

What we practice today is a result of more doctrines and traditions of men, not God.

True
I realized that long time ago
More of doctrines and traditions of men.

There is not much difference between the Pharisees and saducees of Jesus time and present they religious practices.
If the Lord was around today in the flesh
They would not have accepted Him
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Pickieox(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
Not completely correct!

You really need sense ooo, I swear...can't you think outside the box for once?
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by joepepsy(m): 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
You mean me and Mr rhino on the same page... 2020 is indeed a wonderful year.
gbaskiboy:
Mr Reno Omokri the former aide to ex- president GoodLuck Jonathan. I always follow his daily nuggets on facebook and on twitter. Bbut i found this one so interesting. Fellow nairalands what do you think about his post about wedding?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221928792306229&id=1152008079

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221929878893393&id=1152008079
Re: Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church by Ournolly: 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
I totally agree with him.
Very much on point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? / If you desire Long life And Prosperity, Just Do This. / TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.