Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] (2277 Views)

ASUU's 48 Hours Deadline: We Are Yet To Hear From Government - Osodeke / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ATHEIST LAST YEAR, THEIST THIS YEAR.
shame , *sips Tea*
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by loiusdthird(m): 8:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ATHEIST LAST YEAR, THEIST THIS YEAR.
bro what brought about the change
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
loiusdthird:
bro what brought about the change
usually fear to stand his ground ,
Or he made a mistake and relasped to the bible /koran , and found peace .... Bhah blah
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Aidejay(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
One day I sparked up a conversation with a neighbor of mine. This was the first time we talked at length from career to politics to life to work. It was a memorable day for me.
One sound bite I gained from that discussion was a fact he laid on me where he opened that the parable or adage that says 'what an elder sees sitting down a youth cannot see while standing on an iroko tree' is false and wrong.
He explained to me that there is actually wisdom in youth far more than the elders can posess and this wisdom diminishes as you grow older.
So what an elder sees sitting down a youth will see it bending down. The patriarchy/elitist society we operate in Nigeria has put a limitation on the minds of the young.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Aidejay:
One day I sparked up a conversation with a neighbor of mine. This was the first time we talked at length from career to politics to life to work. It was a memorable day for me.
One sound bite I gained from that discussion was a fact he laid on me where he opened that the parable or adage that says 'what an elder sees sitting down a youth cannot see while standing on an iroko tree' is false and wrong.
He explained to me that there is actually wisdom in youth far more than the elders can posess and this wisdom diminishes as you grow older.
So what an elder sees sitting down a youth will see it bending down. The patriarchy/elitist society we operate in Nigeria has put a limitation on the minds of the young.
this is very important a testimony , Old people should leave us to dictate who we should be and not what they want us to be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by McGg: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
I will worship on this thread tomorrow as am busy right now... But @TheSourcerer you didn't mentioned me because I believe that am the chairman of the free thinkers association of Nigeria FA of N.. LOL

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
McGg:
I will worship on this thread tomorrow as am busy right now... But @TheSourcerer you didn't mentioned me because I believe that am the chairman of the free thinkers association of Nigeria FA of N.. LOL
lol I got your back bruh! ♥️♥️

2 Likes

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by budaatum: 1:47am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
usually fear to stand his ground ,
Or he made a mistake and relasped to the bible /koran , and found peace .... Bhah blah
Lol! Instead of simply asking, like a true believer, you create stuff in your head and pressume it to be true, theist TheSourcerer.

1 Like

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by budaatum: 1:51am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
shame , *sips Tea*
But you are the one expecting to be let and given power, by a super power I assume. Or do you not see that yet?

2 Likes

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by DriggityDre: 2:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Hehe. Sauce dude.

1 Like

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Palehair: 2:59am On Jun 21, 2020
When one grows up in a society that's creatively less inclined, the power-hungry will eventually wave a wand and the natural consensus is prompted to follow it's dust because in their experience, they are more "wise". Well fuvk that shit.
For me to become a full person, I had to unlearn everything taught by the so called "elders", i'm not gonna let a bunch of old geezers who are apparent fascist dictate my life but no, we give power to them and their supreme, we follow the status quo and no one questions any of them like mindless zombies, we also tend to push these teachings on the coming generation and the cycle continues

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Awolowo cannot even fathom the idea of internet in his time and his mates in yankee were sure on that idea or ploy at least , here a 16year old boy would create an app for you

Now people even dumber than Awolowo in our mordern Era, imagine the havoc they will cause , using our home land to play gamble

But the issue us that these elders would refuse to accept it
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Religion na Dem
Nonesense culture and traditions na Dem
Fetish village uncle's na Dem
God , still them
Tribalism -still them
Cultism -still them

Which stupid Elder, ,baba, pastor or imam,

Na Dem carry everything pass for head

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I'm done let them enjoy Religion , , I gave up on the average Nigerian when I noticed 70 of them are intellectually low(society ruled by the old and elder) I understand but most of them don't even want to be open minded , like Righteousness89

Nahhhh......
Righteousness89 cheesy cheesy shocked
He's open minded in he's delusion......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 21, 2020
budaatum:

Who, exactly, is supposed to "give youths power over Nigeria"? Is there some power over Nigeria giving god that gives power over Nigeria that I'm not aware of?

Sounds like manna from heaven, to me, and goes to show the youths in Nigeria have no power whatsoever. If they did have power, their horse would be in front of their cart instead of behind it.

Power is not something some thing gives youths. If youths want power over Nigeria, they must become powerful and grab it; and the first step is, organise. It's the most difficult step of all, as you might notice in the inability of us to organise.

Budaatum........by words wisdom, intelligence and enlightenment flow to we your children

Truly, we must take power and not relenting or waiting for someone to give us....they won't give us, rather they'll some of us who they've trained to replace them.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Aidejay:

Si vis Pacem Para bellum ......if you want peace prepare for war......and such is it.....

1 Like

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Palehair:
When one grows up in a society that's creatively less inclined, the power-hungry will eventually wave a wand and the natural consensus is prompted to follow it's dust because in their experience, they are more "wise". Well fuvk that shit.
For me to become a full person, I had to unlearn everything taught by the so called "elders", i'm not gonna let a bunch of old geezers who are apparent fascist dictate my life but no, we give power to them and their supreme, we follow the status quo and no one questions any of them like mindless zombies, we also tend to push these teachings on the coming generation and the cycle continues

I agree......

I think it's Aristotle who said that we need to question whatever we have been taught and discern the facts from lies.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2020
Aidejay:
yes thesetold people affects the youths mentally and psychologically too and we don't know it that's why the average youth is not happy and frustrated and infuriated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 7:08am On Jun 21, 2020
Nigerians are a lovable people we know what we want to do with out country , let them include us more in government , we will make noise we will keep shouting until we are heard whatever you do make sure we are heard ,- Malcom x
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2020
McGg:
Good Morning Man,♥️♥️
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by McGg: 7:15am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Good Morning Man,♥️♥️

A blissful morning to you Bro

1 Like

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by budaatum: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Xavfra:

Budaatum........by words wisdom, intelligence and enlightenment flow to we your children

Truly, we must take power and not relenting or waiting for someone to give us....they won't give us, rather they'll some of us who they've trained to replace them.....
Thank you Xavfra. That's what I hoped the op understands so he stops praying like some theist, or rather, like he assumes I might, but he seems to be blinded by what he assumes to be my religion instead of carefully considering what I have said.

Those in power will never ever "let" youths have power in Nigeria, TheSourcerer, unless those youths have first bowed down and worshipped those in power. And those youths who have bowed down and worshipped those in power have no power whatsoever since they exist at the pleasure of those they worshipped who "let" them.

Please let me know when we realise this, for then shall we be ready to begin to start to prepare to organise and take over and rule our illustrious nation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Palehair: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Xavfra:

I agree......

I think it's Aristotle who said that we need to question whatever we have been taught and discern the facts from lies.......
Say it louder for those in the back

2 Likes

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Palehair: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Nigerians are a lovable people we know what we want to do with out country , let them include us more in government , we will make noise we will keep shouting until we are heard whatever you do make sure we are heard ,- Malcom x
We are not even shouting. We are screaming at the top of our lungs. Hopefully one day, we will be heard

1 Like

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Olatara(f): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Lolz! I laugh u guys. Youths that would in the next election fight over the little meager to be shared. Our old politicians have the mumu button of our youths. Youths taken over is laughable.
Not all youth, stop generalizing. People who do that are not even up to 50% of our youths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by FlordFlorez(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
Olatara:
Not all youth, stop generalizing. People who do that are not even up to 50% of our youths.
not even up to 50% is a disturbing number. Accept reality.
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by TheSourcerer: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
budaatum:

Thank you Xavfra. That's what I hoped the op understands so he stops praying like some theist, or rather, like he assumes I might, but he seems to be blinded by what he assumes to be my religion instead of carefully considering what I have said.

Those in power will never ever "let" youths have power in Nigeria, TheSourcerer, unless those youths have first bowed down and worshipped those in power. And those youths who have bowed down and worshipped those in power have no power whatsoever since they exist at the pleasure of those they worshipped who "let" them.

Please let me know when we realise this, for then shall we be ready to begin to start to prepare to organise and take over and rule our illustrious nation.
in facts specify what you think should be done

1 Like

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by budaatum: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
in facts specify what you think should be done
First, forgive me. It is said by some that I write senseless yodaish English that is impossible to understand and I am certain to do so here. The forgiveness is however for references to the most read book in Nigeria. With eyes, you'd get it.

Unfortunately those you are asking to "let the youths have power" have amassed the energy of the youth to empower themselves and they have made the youths want to be amassed, which is why you'd see more youths worshipping in temples and giving their money to mogs instead of using their time and money to nourish their own minds and brains. It would be comical if it were not sad. The Biblical equivalent would be Eve ignoring the so called serpent so her eyes remain closed so she does not see that she and her Adam are naked ignorant slaves. Another would be 20th century Nigerians fighting and begging to be taken to market through the Sahara Desert or on a transatlantic slave ship. Ironically, both still do happen.

The youth should organise. There may be other templates for what I speak of but Jesus' need for 12 disciples is illustrative. He could not do whatever it is written that he did all by himself and needed 12 others to assist him. Even God, as powerful as some claim God is, had to enquire of others, hence, "let". "Let", in the youths instance would be more of a "let us youths unite". It is step one. And I do not mean every youth unite under one single leader or banner. Some might unite under a banner of tribe (unfortunately), or religion, (ditto) wealth, class, state, school, profession, location, Plato, Fela, etc., the point is to organise to accomplish a purpose which is not about going to heaven when they die, but about using collective equally valued energy to generate power to actualise that purpose so it becomes an accomplished outcome.

That's not the solution, just the start. The first, 'what should be done', so to speak. And I bet you'd agree it is the toughest step. Most Nigerians are individualists. Apart from family and work and church, most are not part of any particular group. Even tribe and religion are things we affiliate with in discussion rather than in action. A Northerner hating Southern Nigerian still loves suya and would buy Fulani cow for owambe, and a beggar from the North would not refuse sadaqah from a heathen. Not many of us have atheist-theist or Christian-Muslim arguments in the real world. It's on forums like these that we emphasize such differences. Neither can most claim to be part of a group that is working towards a purpose!

Then there's the elephant, as I call it. I don't know about you, but I myself, I am small. And though my energy might significantly increase in the future, at this point in time, it is limited, so, rather than me finding a solution to Nigeria that I have not got the power to implement, I think I should be focusing on the sphere in which I interact and might be able to influence if I operated in it rather that assuming I have Supergod powers and can affect the whole of Nigeria! Even supposed Super God Jesus acted locally and provincially, so how much less one's self?

The strenght of the youths is in numbers. If the youths could organise and take responsibility for the sphere they could easily influence, like educating themselves, and cleaning up their street even, perhaps in time, the educatedly empowered would unite around something worthy of uniting for. And to be honest, the youth are educating themselves on this wonderful empowering forum. But as you attest, prior miseducation and ineptitude has ensured they have more interest in bbtacha's tits and snakes and our hatred of difference than in that which unites unless it is putting money in their pockets or they are emptying theirs to mogs.

That said, projected time for realisation of the magnitude of the error of your "let" and your "give youths power over Nigeria", which is common amongst the youth, is 10-15 years if not 30-50, two generations of youths away. And that's if we start now! In time, enough youths would have eaten fruits of knowledge, and with open eyes, will empower themselves and refuse to remain naked and enslaved.

Aluta continuata, as they say, as we slowly evolve our understanding and realisation.

Again. With apologies.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by budaatum: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Palehair:

We are not even shouting. We are screaming at the top of our lungs. Hopefully one day, we will be heard
When we scream and shout we merely show that we are not yet intelligent and smart and wise.

One day we will have learnt to speak in such a way that we are listened to and heard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Mineisgrace(f): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Me I'm ready to make walk o , (im a high ranking police officers son(CP) let's see if you're ready let's make a peaceful protest ,
They say the best time to plant a tree is 10years ago the second best time is now ,.
hello
Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Abso1uteZero(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
Fixing this country is easy.
First, we need to decentralize the government. A central government is doomed to failure in a country as large as this. Every state for its self, everything else will fail.

Secondly, we need to put whatever meagre resources we have into creating JOBS and jobs only. Forget beautifying bla bla bla, if we put all effort into creating jobs, we narrow our focus and every other thing follows .

Only thing that should compete with job creation on the budget is health care and education and for gods sake we need to drastically reduce reccurent expenditure stat!

Job creation will come hand in hand with building road, power generation and ONLY any thing that will increase and in turn facilitate job creation by putting infrastructures in place that enable easy running of businesses, this will in turn lead to more money from taxes that will be used to fund less crucial parts of the economy leading to a happier populace.

My prayer is for Nigeria to reach glory.

2 Likes

Re: The Freethinking Nigerian Youths [hear Us Out] by Bigmanpickin: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
I am a freethinker too and also religious

My advice for this course will be. Don't try to change the status quo prompto, as people are so afraid of change but with careful manipulation. Unless you have this thing that I'd call "international badness in high places" then you could be on your way to achieve whatever you want to, but if you don't, taking care as to not step on powers that be, should be healthy enough for this course, which includes people's religious mindset etc.

peace bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Congratulations To University Students As These Universities Will Resume School / I Want To Send Waec Scratch Card To A University Abroad / Zimbabwe Sells 20% Of Its Land To Arabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.