Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) (772 Views)

I Dare Every Church Leader With This Article / Why Every Church Must Go Online Now / Are Christians Supposed To Go To Every Church Service Their Church Has? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
1. Audio Christians gang
Description
These are the "one leg in, one leg out" kind of church goers. They worship other gods at night and come to church during the day or once in a while.
Origin
a. Some of them come from homes that worship traditional gods, or one of their parent is a non-Christian, or basic non-religious homes, but they decided to bear the tag Christian to feel accepted in the society.
b. They come from Christian homes but they have decided to join occultic groups for money or fame. You will see this kind among the elderly generation (45- 80yrs). They only go to church to hide their true identity and socialize.
Basic Characteristics
a. They make blasphemous statements like, whether sango, Allah or Jesus, we are worshipping the same God. All pastors are thieves etc.
b. Today they are in the shrine, tomorrow church, next week, mosque.
c. They wear charms even to church.
Bible advise
Matt 6:24, No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. 
Ex 34:14, You must worship no other gods, for the LORD, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you.

Repent before it is too late.

2. The Lukewarm gang
Description
This is the dangerous place a Christian any Christian can find himself. They believe in the gospel of Christ but don't believe in his power directly or indirectly. They are in the Church but under the bondage of sin. They are the ones the bible referred to in Tim
Origin
They mostly come from Christian homes.
Basic Characteristics
a. They are the easiest to attack by the devil, so they experience things like, having sex and eating food in the dream. They see cobwebs, themselves in old school uniforms in the dreams and other things that shouldn't happen to a Christian.
b. They say things like, I didn't go to church today because I couldn't iron my cloth.
c. Even, when they go, you can easily spot them sleeping, chatting, checking out the hottest girl and best dressed while the sermon is on.
d. Righteousness is not in their dictionary. They commit all manner of sins and replace God with their own gods like sports, gambling, lust, money etc.
e. Because they are spiritually blind, they follow the audio Christian gang to make snide comments against the church, not knowing that does ones have charms to keep them going.
f. The Bible is a mere history/storybook to them.
g. They are full of doubt and can easily be led astray.
Bible advise
Rev 3:15-17
 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

When there is life, there is hope. Most strong Christians (including myself) were once in this group. Repent today and put God first in your life.

3. Born again Christians
Description
These are Christians who have repented fully with a strong conviction to worship him. Through his Grace, their souls have been renewed and trained to resist the devil. Their greatest wish is to be with God in heaven.
Origin.
They can come from Christian and non-Christian homes. Most of them graduated from the lukewarm group.
Basic Characteristics
a. They enjoy praising and praying to God.
b. Their lifestyle alone, makes sinners around them repent.
c. They have this peaceful aura around them.
d. They enjoy nothing more than fellowship
with other true Christians.
Bible advise
Matt 24:13, But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

4. Spirit filled, Born again Christians
These are the people that walk the talk. They are the ones that Jesus spoke of when he said in Mark 16:17-18, And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands onsick people, and they will get well.”

They are a fulfillment of the Word in Jn 14:12, Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
I believe all Christians should work hard to be in this group.
Origin
Most converts from non-Christian homes can be found here.
A good number of those from Christian homes likewise are here.
Basic Characteristics
a. They have a very high regard for the Word of God and know how to use it like a double-edged sword.
b. They can say confounding things like, I have never been sick in 20yrs and carnal and lukewarm Christians would laugh in sheer ignorance.
c. They are brave, very active and ever ready to sacrifice their most priced possession to God.
d. They are very passionate and zealous about anything that related to God.
e. They are righteous and try cannot be swayed.

5. False Christians
Description
These are the 21st century version of the scribes and pharisees in Jesus era. They claim to be Christians but their lifestyle depicts otherwise. Personally, I believe it is a form of demonic attack in the church.
Origin
Most people here come from Christian homes and are graduates of the audio christian gang.
Basic Characteristics
a. They are very active in church especially in leadership and choir. You can also see them in ushering department. Pride is their hallmark. They are super proud and view themselves better than others.
b. They love attention and publicity. They can leave any church that doesn't give them a "honourable position" or "comittee" to chair.
c. Even unbelievers live better lifestyles than these ones. They are full of malice, bile, envy, anger, greed and all manner of evil you can think of. They generally lack love.
d. They have a know-it-all attitude. They believe they understand the Bible more than anyone in this world.
e. They are super mean to their househelps, employees and anyone they believe is beneath them but if you are above them, they will worship you with eye service. Instead of winning souls for God, they steal souls away from him.
f. The worst part of these group, are those who actually received anointing and call yet found themselves in this group. You will begin to wonder who really called them. It is here you will see pastors and priests who rape and commit adultery, homosexuality and all manner of sexual immorality.
Bible advise
Repent, else you will be like those recorded in Matt 7:21-23,
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Pls share more if I missed any. grin grin
cc lalasticlala
cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Add to the list, those that will be acting like deputy Jesus undecided undecided.. as if they don see Jesus be4, or Jesus report you to them undecided undecided undecided..
And believe me, these set of ppl are mostly hypocrites.. ppl deceiving ppl since 1930 cry cry cry.
As a Christian, one of the best spiritual gift, is also gift of knowing things hidden( like prophecy stuffs sha).
Believe me, the church is like an hospital, several spiritually, mentally, emotionally sick ppl dey there, looking for healing called (salvation).
Don't put any mortal as your mentor, cuz if you expect too much from them, and they fumbled, you will relent somehow..
Make the Bible and the life style of Jesus your watchword..
Shallom
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by NuclearReactor: 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ok Na
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Happycharles(m): 12:25am On Jun 21, 2020
Thank you Jesus
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 21, 2020
People create gods when they wonder why things happen.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by ikorodureporta: 5:38am On Jun 21, 2020
cheesy
which category you dey na
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by helinues: 6:02am On Jun 21, 2020
grin
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2020
May the Grace of God be sufficient for everyone.

May God have mercy on mankind in Jesus name.

Nice piece.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2020
grin
Anuoluwa1234:
Add to the list, those that will be acting like deputy Jesus undecided undecided.. as if they don see Jesus be4, or Jesus report you to them undecided undecided undecided..
And believe me, these set of ppl are mostly hypocrites.. ppl deceiving ppl since 1930 cry cry cry.
As a Christian, one of the best spiritual gift, is also gift of knowing things hidden( like prophecy stuffs sha).
Believe me, the church is like an hospital, several spiritually, mentally, emotionally sick ppl dey there, looking for healing called (salvation).
Don't put any mortal as your mentor, cuz if you expect too much from them, and they fumbled, you will relent somehow..
Shallom
I think deputy Jesus will be under false Christians MODIFIED okay, I think I misunderstood you. If what you mean by deputy Jesus are people who stand by the no matter the circumstances and whose ox is gored, then they fall under the born again and spirit filled category. Besides, it is better to be a deputy Jesus than to be a deputy satan grin
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by seunlayi(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Op got this wrong, no 3 & 4 suppose to the same and should be the 1st the list before others. Hypocrites should be number 2 on the list....
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2020
happy Sunday
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2020
lol
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2020
Not false ho, it will be under spiri Coco Christians, the over Sabi Sabi set
JourneytoEL:
I think deputy Jesus will be under false Christians
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Not false ho, it will be under spiri Coco Christians, the over Sabi Sabi set
there's no over sabi in Christianity. We all have different measures of the Holy Spirit and how we respond to them. Avoid mocking those who are extra charismatic, mocking them might result in you blaspheming against the Holy Spirit in them which is a sin that can't be forgiven ( matt 12:31-32)
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2020
Give me the biblical backing for that..
Blasphemy of the holy spirit, means mocking holy spirit.. not humans, and I mock no one.
I am only saying the reality, unless you are also among them.. loku
JourneytoEL:
there's no over sabi in Christianity. We all have different measures of the Holy Spirit and how we respond to them. Avoid mocking those who are extra charismatic, mocking them might result in you blaspheming against the Holy Spirit in them which is a sin that can't be forgiven.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by YorubaKinging: 8:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Some that don't know what they are doing

But always following the crowd

They are the deceived

And that accounts for almost every Christian today including almost all the pastors

Few people are not decieved in this time
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Righteousness89(m): 8:24am On Jun 21, 2020
The Position/ Power Mongers

All they are After is to be called this or that! They are so intoxicated with Church position. They can do anything just to be Recongnized. They are the politicians in the church.

The Self Righteousness/ Arguers

Those who are always out to Criticize people. Critize Messages and yet very empty! They claim they know but you will never see them Preaching the Gospel. all they are Intrested is in being a Stubbling block to those that preach.
They won't enter Heaven and they won't allow others enter

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by FastMatrix005: 8:31am On Jun 21, 2020
Something dey my head I no go talk am
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Adedotguy: 8:35am On Jun 21, 2020
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2020
seunlayi:
Op got this wrong, no 3 & 4 suppose to the same and should be the 1st the list before others. Hypocrites should be number 2 on the list....
initially, I wanted to categorize them together, but I have genuine born again Christians especially from orthodox churches who don't believe they can be spirit filled. they believe it is the exclusive rights of pastors.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

All they are After is to be called this or that! They are so intoxicated with Church position. They can do anything just to be Recongnized. They are the politicians in the church.

Those who are always out to Criticize people. Critize Messages and yet very empty! They claim they know but you will never see them Preaching the Gospel. all they are Intrested is in being a Stubbling block to those that preach.
absolutely correct. power mongers are no 5 while those who call themselves Christians but are allergic to the true gospel are no 1 & 2
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 8:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Give me the biblical backing for that..
Blasphemy of the holy spirit, means mocking holy spirit.. not humans, and I mock no one.
I am only saying the reality, unless you are also among them.. loku
2 Sam 6:16-end
Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the LORD with all his might,

15 while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.

16 As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

17 They brought the ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it, and David sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings before the LORD.

18 After he had finished sacrificing the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD Almighty.

19 Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women. And all the people went to their homes.

20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, “How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!”

21 David said to Michal, “It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD.

22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”

23 And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

matt 12:24-32
But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?

27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.

28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

29 “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.

30 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by seunlayi(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2020
JourneytoEL:
initially, I wanted to categorize them together, but I have genuine born again Christians especially from orthodox churches who don't believe they can be spirit filled. they believe it is the exclusive rights of pastors.
right of the pastor... Lol
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by VirginFinder: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

All they are Aafter is to be called this or that! They are so intoxicated with Cchurch position. They can do anything just to be Rrecongnized. They are the politicians in the church.

Those who are always out to Ccriticize people. Critize Mmessages and yet very empty! They claim they know but you will never see them Ppreaching the Gospel. all they are Iintrested is in being a Sstubbling block to those that preach.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
JourneytoEL:
It is impossible to be Born again(aka Born of the Spirit of God) without having the Spirit of God inside of you. And it is impossible to have Him inside of you without you knowing of it. He speaks for Crying out loud... what did your "genuine born again Christians" do to the Spirit of God that you suppose lives in them? undecided undecided
Shut Him up? Is that even possible without going mad? undecided undecided Stop telling tall tales!
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Jun 24, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Shallom
According to God...

Jeremiah 17 vs 5-6 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength,[a] whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.
7. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord.
8. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”

9. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
10. “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind,[b] to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday to every one reading this. May this day bring you joy,peace and Grace of God.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2020
seunlayi:
right of the pastor... Lol
yes oo, some years back I also thought likewise, because that was the general conception in my church, now I know better.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2020
Happy sunday. Endeavor to be a good Christian today and always.
Re: 5 Types Of People In Every Church (opinion) by JourneytoEL(f): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2020
Happy sunday. Endeavor to be a good ambassador of Christ today and always.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome May Need Medical Attention; Christ Embassy Beware / Church Ushers which of these can you relate to? / What Happens After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.