Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Lost In The Jungle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lost In The Jungle (700 Views)

Getting Lost In Lust (18+) / Lost In Lust / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
You are about to read the story of a young man, Jackson who got stucked in the forest. He met another lady who also got stucked and they need to make their way back to the city. Follow me as I take you to Ngel Nyaki forest in the story LOST IN THE JUNGLE!
Note: This is a pure fictional story. All names and character do NOT represent any one and any represention to any one dead or alive is highly coincedental.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored or transmitted by any means – electronic, mechanical, photographic, recording, or otherwise – without the permission from the author. Mentioning the title in your books is however, permitted.
Contact me on: +2348102862049

Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 1.
My name is Jackson or call me Jack, the only son of my parents. I woke up one day from the pouring of water on my body. I looked around to see who poured the water on me because my mom had never woken me up by pouring me water. I gasped when I noticed I was in a bush, a thick forest. I could remember that I slept peacefully on my bed the previous night just to wake up by the heavy rain in a forest. It was a mystery to me and I can’t tell how I got into the forest.
‘What the heck am I doing here?!’ I asked rhetorically. Then I saw a figure, it ran into an Iroko tree and I quickly hid behind a tall mahogany tree.
‘Kpaa’, ‘kpaa’, a hand moved out of the mahogany tree and slapped me, sending me to the ground. I took to my heels and started running but the more I run, I kept returning to the mahogany tree that slapped me. It was like running in a circle. I wondered what creature could have slapped me. I wanted to check the time but there was no clock. My stomach rumbled but it was not time to give it what it needed. There was only one thing on my mind – ESCAPE! But how do I escape when I kept running in a circle when I tried to run? I knew I was in a jungle, forest of evil spirits.
Then I saw them approaching me, their clothes were tattered, they were male and female. Fresh blood was dripping from their hand and mouth. Their eyes were as red as fire burning with brimstone and their fingernails were as long as their toe nails, very long. I looked around if I could find where to hide but there was none, though there were many trees in the forest but l knew I can’t hide from them. At that moment, I though I was dead but when I pinched myself and got a sharp pain, I knew I was alive. The two blood-sucking monsters were closing by when suddenly, they caught a running squirrel which they tore apart to devour like the hungry animals they are. With blood oozing from the cut their yellow teeth opened on the animal, they ate it within seconds and dropped the bones. I thought the squirrel would satisfy them but I was wrong as they started advancing towards me again. I got up from under another mahogany tree I sat and waited for them in readiness to attack them and fight even if they would eventually kill me for breakfast. Soon, the arrived and the male monster stretched his hand to catch me.
{A iPhemloid story}
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 2
As the two monsters were about to pounce on me, the mahogany tree opened and took me in. I was shocked as there was no door nor window in the room inside the tree, yet rays of light penetrated in to illuminate the room. At first, I thought I was swallowed by one of the monsters and shouted for help but none was forthcoming. Later, I remembered it was the mysterious mahogany tree that took me in. I had no choice but to accept my fate and fell to the floor where nature had its power on me.
I woke up after some times, I looked around and that time, I found a small calabash which was not present before I slept. I moved near it and peeped at its content. A very hot pounded yam with egusi soup garnished fish. The hungry me dusted my hand and drew the calabash nearer in an attempt to start eating when I remembered I wasn’t in my father’s house. The food could contain poison but on the contrary, if the person that cooked the food wanted me dead, I would have been killed while I was sleeping. I felt a tap on my back and quickly stood up as I saw no one in the room except another calabash containing water hanging in the air. I took the calabash and drank its content then, my eyes opened and I saw a fair lady standing in front of me. She was covered with green leaves and her waist beads were visible, anklets was on her legs too. I scanned her from her toes to her head and gasped when I saw her face. Angels, they say, lives in heaven but the lady I saw was an angel on Earth. An angel in the jungle! She smiled at me while I stood transfixed at a spot. She waved at me and told me her name was Lovina. Her language, English was fluent and it left me wondering if they go to school in the forest.
‘I’m Jackson. Are there schools here?’ I asked stammering foolishly.
‘Please, eat.’ She said and pointed at the pounded yam.
‘If I eat it, will I die?’ I asked stupidly. A killer would not tell you he wants to kill you.
‘No, If I want you dead, I would have done that when you were asleep or watch the monsters feed on you’ She replied with a smile that showed her beautiful set of white teeth.
As the hungry man I was, I washed my hands and started feeding my rumbling stomach and the troubled worms with the pounded yam and egusi soup {Phemloid story} but was cautious of her actions. I glanced at her often times and when our eyes met, she would look away and play with her fingernails. This happened repeatedly until I finished the manna.
‘Where are you from?’, she asked while packing the plates.
‘Ibadan, Nigeria’ I replied cleaning my hands with the piece of cloth she gave me.
‘Thanks for the meal’ I added.
‘How did you get her? Are you aware you can never see the city again?’ She answered shocking me.
‘What?! I don’t even know how I got here. It’s a mystery’
‘What do you mean?’
‘The only I remembered is that I slept on my bed last night and I woke up in this forest this morning’ I replied with a shaky voice like the one of a kid explaining how he lost his buns.
{Phemloid story}
‘Oh…but…’ she was cut short of words by a knock on the door which I didn’t see but I heard the knock. I wondered how possible that was; no door yet a knock. She told me to hide under the bed which I did without hesitating. I watched from under the bed as a man who was as ugly as a gnome. In fact, a gnome is more handsome compared to the man. Ugly is just an understatement.
‘My fiance,’ she said and I wondered if spirits do lovey-dovey too.
‘Welcome to the forest of Manchester.’ She said and exited the tree.
‘What?! From Ibadan to Manchester?’
At that moment, I was a bit happy escaping from Nigeria to United Kingdom. Maybe I would visit Manchester United stadium {Old Trafford} or Manchester City’s Etihad stadium after escaping, I thought.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 3
My new forest friend, Lovina accepted me to stay in the tree that she called mansion. She bragged that the house (tree) was the most beautiful in the forest after the palace. I shook my head and told her to go to Banana Island in Lagos or Oluyole Extension in Ibadan and see confirm house. She would flare up and threaten to send me out of the tree into the hands of the two blood-sucking monsters. Then, I would overhype her house and say it is very beautiful. Tree for that matter!
Lovina was always very moody and she cries sometimes but when I try to know what was bothering her, she would yell at me and the attitude turns me off. I remembered my parents, how would they feel waking up to meet the disappearance of their only child. I cried so loud that it attracted Lovina who always did her best to make me happy. She used to tell me stories. There is this particular one I would love to share with. The story of a girl with four boyfriends.
Dora was a very beautiful girl and the princess of Eket village. She had four boyfriends but loved the fourth boyfriend most and adorned him with rich robes, she also treated him to the finest delicacies. She gave him nothing but the best.
She also loved the third boyfriend very much and was always showing him off to neighbouring kingdoms. However, she feared one day he would leave her for another.
Dora also loved her second boyfriend. He was her confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with her. Whenever she faced a problem, she could confide in him and he would help her get through the difficult times.
The princess’ first boyfriend however, was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining her wealth and kingdom but she did not love him. Although, he loved her deeply but she hardly took notice of him.
One day, the girl fell ill to the point of death, she knew her time was almost exhausted, then she thought of her luxirious life and wondered, ‘I now have four boyfriends with me but when I die, I’ll be alone.’
Thus, she asked her fourth boyfriend, ‘I loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered you great care. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?’
‘No way!’ replied the fourth boyfriend and he walked away without another word.
His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart. The sad princess asked her third boyfriend;
‘Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?’
‘No! You cheat! You have three other boyfriends, summon one of them. When you die, I’m going to marry someone else.’
Her heart sank and turned cold. She asked the second boyfriend;
‘I have always turned to you for help and you’ve always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?’
‘I’m sorry, I can’t help you this time. At the very most, I can only walk with you to the grave,’ replied the second boyfriend…
His answer struck her like a bolt of lightening and the girl was devastated.{@Phemloid story} ‘If the three men I loved could do this, what about the one I never loved’ she asked.
Then a voice called out,
‘I will go with you, I will follow you no matter where you go’. The girl looked up and it was her first boyfriend. He was skinny and looked unkept as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect. The girl was surprised as the one she had neglected was standing by her. He performed the necessary sacrifice and redeemed the princess.{@Phemloid story}
When news reached the three other boyfriends, they came back to her and asked for her hand in marriage but she imprisoned them and married her first boyfriend who stood by her.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 4
I woke up one day and saw my forest friend beautifully dressed in Gucci leaves and flowers (she wears leaves). Different negative thoughts started flying into my head and my body, especially the third leg in the middle was responding well to the situation. I approached her when I gathered courage to brush the evil thought aside, she was in tears again.
‘Lovina baby, what happened? Why are you crying?’ I asked and picked a stool to sit on.
‘Today is Isweli festival,’ she replied and cried.
‘What is Isweli festival? But stop crying first, please. Angels don’t cry’ I said cleaning the tears on her soft cheeks.
‘Isweli is a once in a moon festival where female strangers of this forest walks from their house to the palace naked. They dance naked in front of the crown prince.’
‘You are not a stranger and I am not a girl so why are you crying? What’s your concern about Isweli festival?’
‘I am a stranger like you’
‘What!’
‘The day I got into this strange land with my father was the day I became like a prisoner. I don’t know how I got here just like you but Ugeli, the crown prince saved me from the hands of the two blood-sucking monsters after they fed on my father that night. Since then, he had kept me in this tree. This is Ngel Nyaki forest in Plateau not Manchester forest’ she confessed and I watched in utmost surprise as she narrated her ordeal.
‘Have you done this before?’ I asked.
‘Yes, this will be the fourth time’
‘Huh? Incredle.’
‘If it has to do with walking and dancing naked only, I wouldn’t mind’ she continued.
‘Do you do something else?’
‘Yes. I sl…e…ep wi…th Ugeli’
‘What! That ugly animal?’
I was taken aback by her confession. Sleeping and being bleeped by an ugly animal? It shouldn’t be my Lovina. ‘Do you love him?’ I asked foolishly which earned me two hot slaps that I can swear to see the moon that morning.
‘How do you expect me to love that thing? I did it to save my life’
‘Sorry, I was just concerned about your feelings,’ I said and rubbed my cheek.
‘Sorry too,’ she apologised.
‘Not accepted,’ I replied and squeezed my face.
‘I don’t accept that except you are ready to get out of this mansion’
‘Mansion indeed’ I replied and laughed.
‘You just like to argue, but I don’t have your time now. It is time I left’
‘I’m sorry I can’t save you now but I will surely get us out of here’ I replied and she hugged.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 5
Lovina quited the tree from an unknown exit. I tried countless times to find where she always exit the tree but failed. I sat down and started thinking about that she would pass through being watched naked and being bleeped by an ugly spirit, gosh!. Anger surged through me and I kicked the calabash she arranged crashing it to the ground. The crashing sound attracted the attention of someone who called Lovina from outside. I was afraid when I heard the voice and quickly hid under the bed. I watched from there as the person entered and moved towards the edge of the bed with a machet in his hand. I coughed and quickly jumped out of my hiding.
‘Who are you?’ he said pointing the machet at me.
‘Please don’t kill me’ I replied kneeling down.
‘Better start talking before I take your head off’
‘I’m nobody please, save me’ I begged him. He kept shouting and ranting to call the guards but after minutes of pleading, he finally listened to my story.
‘So Lovina accepted you into her house just like that?’
‘Yes, she saved me from the two monsters’
‘Shhh!’ he hushed me. ‘They are not monster’
‘Oh… Who are they?’
‘The male is Uli and the female is Ufon, they are traitors. They betrayed our kingdom’
‘Oh… Uli and Ufon’
‘I’m still surprised that Lovina accepted a mortal in her house when she knows the penalty moreover, she’s not that nice’
‘Really? But she has been nice to me’
‘That’s what I don’t understand’ he replied.
‘Can we be erm…friends? Tell me your name’ I requested
‘Aweli…and you?’
‘Jack, Jackson’ I replied.
‘Well, I was heading to the village square to witness Isweli festival when I heard a sound from here and I know Lovina would have gone to the palace, that is why I came in’ he expounded.
‘Okay. Can I follow you?’
‘Yes… If you are ready to die’
‘Huh? Die? No o’
‘They won’t hesitate to kill you and present your flesh to the vultures’
‘I don’t want to go again but please don’t tell any one about me’ I pleaded
‘Okay… No problem’
‘But will Lovina be alright?’ I asked holding his hand.
‘What’s your concern about our prince’s fiancee?’ he yelled and threw my hands away.
‘You better be careful with her or I lead the guards to offer your head as sacrifice to the gods’
Thereafter, he stormed out of the tree. I didn’t trust him because he has a scary face and I could see lies in his eyes. I thought of running away but there was no way out, not when I didn’t know how to get out of the tree. Later that night, Lovina returned home and sadly narrated how the event went but I didn’t tell her about Aweli’s visit.
‘I’m becoming used to it’ she sadly said
‘But is there no way to escape?’
‘There’s just one way’
‘Tell me, I promise to get us out of this d--n forest’ I asked happily.
‘Death… That’s the only way. Goodnight’
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 6.
Isweli ended and thing went back to normal. My appearance in the jungle remained hidden to everyone except Aweli which Lovina doesn’t know. Were were playing and gisting when a knock sounded on the invisible door. I quickly hid where I used to and peeped from there as she opened the invisible door for Aweli. I gasped on sighting him.
‘Lovina, you’re looking beautiful today and you smile often nowadays, tell me the secret,’ Aweli said, and sat on the bench.
‘Thank you, Aweli. To what do I own this visit?’ she asked, smiling.
‘Nothing. I was just passing by and decided to say hello to you. We’ve not met since last Isweli and you stay indoor recently’
‘I’m grateful. How is the king and Ugeli?’
‘Your husband-to-be is doing well in the palace’ Aweli replied searching the room, probably for me.
‘My regards to them and tell Ugeli that I’ll visit him when sun sets’
‘I won’t forget,’ he paused for a while. ‘Lovina, can you remind me the punishment for keeping a stranger under your roof without the king’s consent?’ the question shocked her and my eyes also widened.
‘Hiding a stranger? What do you mean?’ she asked, with a choke in her voice.
‘Just answer first’ he whispered calmly.
‘De-ath’
‘So what is Jackson doing in your house without the king’s consent? A whole wife-to-be of the crown prince hiding a stranger!’
‘Please keep your voice down. I couldn’t watch him die in the hands of Uli and Ufon. Please don’t tell Ugeli’ she begged with tears forming in her hazel eyes.
‘I give you till sun set to get him out of this house else, I won’t have any other choice but to tell everything to the king’ Aweli stormed out.
I sadly came out from my hiding and knelt down beside her. I could provide a convincing answer when she asked why I didn’t tell her.
‘See what you’ve caused. If he should tell any one, they won’t hesitate to kill us,’ she yelled.
‘I’m sorry. It happened the day you went for …’
‘Enough! Jackson, what I want to hear is the way forward not history. If I release you to go, you won’t make it out of here. Uli and Ufon are roaming around seeking who to devour’
‘I caused it and I’m ready to pay for it alone. Lovina, let me leave,’ I said and she looked in dismay.
‘You are stupid, Jack. Remember what happened to you on your first day here, you were running in a circle. You can’t make it past Uli and Ufon. No sooner would they catch you than feed on you’ she said with a shaky voice.
‘Lovina, I don’t care anymore, if I die, I die’ I replied, got up and hugged her. She was crying and wanted us to face whatever would happen together but I wanted to leave her out of it and leave with a promise to come back to get her if help came. She led me out of the tree and I felt the jungle breeze hit me again. I had stayed indoor since the day she saved me. I glanced back at the mahogany tree I came out from and waved at it amidst tears. ~phemloid story~ I accepted my fate and sat down beside another mahogany tree that slapped me, waiting for my death or a combat between the mosters and me. I looked at Lovina’s tree again and wept.
‘Which kind of creature won’t let me sleep at this hour. Leave the front of my house now before I pounce on you,’ an unknown voice cried. I looked around and found no one. The voice repeated it again and more loudly, I traced it to the tree I sat under. I hastily got up, happy that there was someone in the tree. An idea struck me, Lovina had told me that antelopes are rare in the forest and they can do anything for anyone that gives them. I saw a hunter’s trap which had caught two antelopes, half dead. I went for it and stood at the front of the tree.
‘I have a gift for you,’ I shouted.
‘Go away and bring it when I wake up’
‘Two big antelopes! I won’t come back with them if I should leave’
‘What!? Antelopes?’ he shouted joyfully and opened the door. He jumped up when he saw the animals with me and collected them.
‘How did you get these?’ he asked excitedly.
‘My traps caught them’
‘Oh… hunter, where are you from?’
‘Ibadan’
‘That’s very far. How did you miss your way and get here?’
‘I don’t know. I only kept running in a circle when I found myself here.’
‘I will help you home and return your kindness’ he said and I shouted for joy.
‘Really?’ he went into a small black pot filled with stream water and brought out a necklace. The necklace had a gold colour. He gave me the necklace and told me it would help me to get out of the forest but warned me that my blood must not touch it. He afterwards took me out and I saw different paths leading out of the forest when I put the necklace on.Also, I saw that all of the trees has doors and windows and truly, Lovina’s tree was the finest after a giant shining tree which I guessed was the palace. He bade me goodbye after showing me the path to follow. I ran as fast as I could when he left. Lovina crossed my heard suddenly and I ran back to the man’s tree. I lied to him that I wanted to wait for the Prince’s wedding which would take place in seven days. I rested my head on the bark of the tree thinking of Lovina. I was mesmerized by her beauty and couldn’t let go of her thought. I knew I was in love with her.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 7
The man who seemed like a spirit was really nice to me. He plays with me and told me tales but I was not carried away as I mapped out plans to save her, though there was not an exact plan yet. The thoughts of my parents crossed my heart and I felt sad. Tears trickled down my cheeks, the man who was surprised to see me in tears asked.
‘Mortal, why are you crying? Did I do anything bad to you or don’t I treat you well?’
‘No, Demiral. I’m just missing home’
‘But I already showed you the way, why did you return?’
‘I came back to save someone. I must go home with her’
‘Her? Your mother, wife or daughter?’
‘No, Lov…’ I wanted to mention her name but quickly stopped. I didn’t know how he would feeb about escaping with their prince’s fiancee. He might chase me out or take me to the palace.
‘No… My hunter friend’ I lied.
‘You know it’s dangerous for you to keep roaming about in the forest. If the guards fing you, you’ll make a great meal for Uli and Ufon’ he whispered.
‘Please help me,’ I begged.
‘I will help you find your friend’ he announced.
‘Wow… Thank you so much’ I felt so happy. He asked me who the friend was and I had no other choice than to reveal it was their prince’s fiancee.
‘What!’ he screamed.
‘Yes, she’s the friend I told you about. We were hunting together when she was taken by Ugeli. Please help me’ I pleaded
‘This is serious, their wedding has been scheduled to hold in seven days time’ he said.
‘Huh? I thought it was in seventeen days time, why the rush? Moreso, she’s not one of you here and she can’t marry Ugeli. It’s forbidden’
‘There is no way to save your friend, I’m sorry. If she tries to run away, her heart has already been attached to Ugeli’s since the day she performed her third Isweli rituals. Moreover, if she eventually escapes, she will never be able to give birth because Ugeli has her womb with him’
‘Please just help me. Let’s get out of this forest, I can take her to my pastor for deliverance. Just help us’
‘No way!’ he yelled.
‘You won’t expect me to betray my land for a stranger, a mortal like you!’ he replied. His eyes has turned red and it got me scared.
‘Please’ I begged with tears already flowing out of my eyes.
He sat on the floor and didn’t reply me again, he thought for a while and agreed to help me on a condition. The condition was to make an oath with our blood which would mean if I tell anybody in the forest about who helped me, the spirit of Uli and Ufon would torment me till I die… Jesus!
I was determined to take Lovina with me so I agreed. He took me to the back of his tree where there was a banana farm. We went deep into the farm and go to a place, like a shrine. He brought out a red robe and summoned the spirit of Uli and Ufon which appeared from a banana tree. He signalled me to move near and took out a knife, cut my palm with it and collected the blood which he mixed with his. He gave it to them and they drank it. After they finished it, he started saying incoherent words I guess to be incantations. When he was done, we ran out of the farm as spirit of Uli and Ufon became unrest.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 8
I was so foolish to have entered into something blood with someone who I barely know. What if he was an evil spirit? Won’t he start tormenting me? I hope not. I did it for Lovina and I was happy about it because I really needed to save her before the next Isweli festival which would hold in five days.
@phemloidstory
That night, Demiral and I went to Lovina’s tree(house). Thanks to the necklace he gave me, it made some hidden things about the forest; doors and windows on the trees. We entered and I met the shock of my life, Ugeli was molesting her!
‘Hey, you’ he said and pointed to me, ‘I haven’t seen your face before. What is a mortal doing here?’
‘I’m sorry prince. He is my friend, he arrived some minutes that’s why I haven’t brought him to the palace’ Demiral whispered.
‘Oh… Make sure you bring him to the palace tomorrow morning and may I know the name of our visitor?’
‘Jack…Jackson’ I said choking on the word
‘Jack, nice name. Welcome to Ngel Nyaki forest’ he smiled and gestured his hand for a shake.
‘Thank you, Ugeli’ I replied taking his hand.
He talked with Lovina and moved towards the door but suddenly turned back and faced me.
‘Jack, how did you know my name?’ he asked, and brought out a small white cloth.
‘Demiral had told me many things about you. I’m even staying to attend your wedding with Lovina’
‘Yes, prince. My friend will wait to witness the celebration’ Demiral added.
‘Okay, fine. Just make sure he comes to the palace tomorrow. I don’t trust him’ he said and left.
‘I thought you would have gone already’ Lovina who was quiet whispered.
‘I’ve even led him out of the forest but he returned to save you’ Demiral answered and sat on a stool.
‘Yes, Lovina. I promised to come back for you’ I said and she hugged me, not minding the presence of Demiral.
‘But that’s risky. They will find us before we get to Ngel junction’ she whispered.
‘That’s why Demiral is here to help us’
‘Yes, I will guide you guys to safety’ Demiral promised.
‘Your highness’ I prostrated before their king.
‘It shall be well with you’ he smiled and pointed a sceptre at me.
‘Are you the said Jackson?’ he asked.
‘Yes, your Majesty’
‘Tell me mortal, which part of the world are you from?’
‘Ibadan, Nigeria your highness’
‘That’s very far. Hope you’re enjoying your stay in my kingdom?’
‘Very much, here is really lively’ I was trying to impress him.
‘I am sure you’re aware of my son’s wedding which will take place in four days. I want to see you there and I promise to give you a special honour on the day’ he smiled. I wondered why he was being so nice. At that moment, Aweli barged in and prostrated to the king. My heart ceased when I saw him, I was busted, nowhere to run to and no Lovina or Demiral to save me. Aweli looked at me with disgust and spoke.
‘My king, this young man here is a spy from the enemy kingdom’
‘What do you mean? He’s a visitor from Ibadan’ the king said.
‘No, my king. He is not a visitor and he has been in our kingdom since last Isweli. I fear he is here to harm us, your Majesty’ Aweli whispered and smiled wickedly.
‘Is that true?’ the king shouted and stood up. There was no way to defend myself. Demiral had already told me that the king trusted Aweli so much and it was obvious that he wasn’t ready to hear anything from me. He commanded the guards to take me out and give my head to the vulture. ‘Make Uli and Ufon feed on his flesh’
@phemloidstory
I pleaded for mercy and they led me out of the palace. Aweli successfully ruined me. I started regretting why I came back to save Lovina. She would live her life and enjoy as the queen of Ngel Nyaki forest after the birds and monsters feed on me. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as they tied me to the tree. The head-cutter raised his machet to collect my head while I close my eyes and said my last prayers. I expected him to take my head off hastily but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes and the head-cutter was lying on the floor. Behind him was Lovina holding a big stick. She untied me quickly.
‘Let’s leave. We run or we die’ she said, held my hand and we started running out of the shrine
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 9
Other guards waited for the return of the headcutter, soon their waiting grew longer and they became impatience. They couldn’t tell why it took him so long to take a head off.
‘Why is this man not around yet? What’s keeping him this long?’ Ase, the head of the guards voiced.
‘I wonder. Ordinary to cut head, he is taking everlasting. Foolish man’ another guard said.
‘If the stranger were female, I would have concluded that he is having a nice time with her but he isn’t gay, is he?’ the third guard whispered.
‘Wait… What did you mean when you said ‘nice time’? Does he commit that great sin?’ Ase asked in consternation.
‘So you really don’t know? Do you remember Annabel?’
‘Yes… Yes, the lady that slapped prince Ugeli when he wanted to go down with her’
‘Exactly! The day the king ordered for her death, he raped the lady before he killed her’ the third guard explained.
‘Ah! I can’t believe this!’ Ase said in awe, ‘but it’s really getting too long, let’s check on him’
They started walking towards the shrine where the head-cutter was to cut my head. They met the man unconscious body on the floor, bloodo@zingfrom his head. One of them quickly ran to the palace to inform the king what had happened and he gave order to his guards to find us and bring us back to him. Ugeli joined the search.
Lovina and I kept running towards Ngel junction which is the exit of Ngel Nyaki forest. No spirit from the forest can cross the river, only mortals can. Journey to the river would take us three days and we’ve barely ran for a day. We got tired and rested under a tree since night had fallen. Lovina was fast asleep, her head on my shoulder when I heard footsteps. I woke her up and we resumed the run. The ran to a junction which has seven paths, we were confused on which path to follow. The necklace on my neck suddenly shone towards the fifth path which we followed quickly. The guards didn’t stop pursuing us, they were determined to get us. When they got to the junction, they splited up and took different paths. Aweli and Ugeli with three other guards took the path we followed – the fifth. Lovina was getting weak but tried to pull on.
‘I’m weak’ she said and stopped, resting her weight on me.
‘Lovina. I know but please stay strong and let’s get out of her’ I replied, supporting her with my hand.
‘But I’m losing breathe, I might faint’
‘O, Jesus… Not now Lovina’
The footsteps were getting louder and we started hear people talking, I was sure I heard Aweli’s voice. Lovina couldn’t move again and they were very near us. What to do? I helped Lovina to the top of a tree and the leaves were enough to cover us. We watched from the top of the tree as Aweli, Ugeli and three other guards ran past us. They had not moved too far when a branch broke. The probably heard the sound and ran to the tree beside us whose branch just broke. Ugeli raised his local lamp to the tree and the squirrels which were in it jumped off. Lovina suddenly gasped and almost shouted when the light from the torch moved past the tree we hid but I was quick to cover her mouth with my hand and watched them continue their search for us.
‘That was close’ I said and used my index finger to hit her nose softly.
‘I was scared, sorry about that’ she apologized and smiled.
We sat in the tree smiling at eachother when suddenly our head started moving closer. Our lips was about to meet when we were stratled by the sound of running squirrels on the dry leaves. She adjusted and looked away at the sqirrels who just ruined what would have been a happy moment while I cursed the small creatures.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 10
Our journey out of thed@mnforest continued with the hope of getting to Nyaki river where we would be free from the pursuit of the forest men. We got to another junction which has two paths, by then, we were close to Nyaki river and it would take just two days to get there.
‘Hmmm… I think this is Ngel junction,’ Lovina whispered.
‘What about the junction?’
‘It is a dangerous place where most people who escape from the forest meet their end’
‘As in? How?’
‘Ngel junction has to paths as you can see. I was told one leads to destruction and the other leads to the city’ she explained.
‘So what are we going to do now? Your fiance and his guards are still after us’
‘He’s not my fiance, get that?’ she said angrily.
‘Hmm… That’s true, he is your husband’
‘Stop provoking me’ she hissed and turned her back at me.
‘I was joking’ I said and pulled her to myself, looking into her eyes and lips.
‘What are doing? We need to go to the forest of wisdom’ she said and pulled back
‘What is forest of wisdom again? Let’s just follow the left path and get out of here’
‘Jack, no! That’s too risky. What if we end up in the land of destruction? I still need my precious life. Let’s go to the forest of wisdom. They’ll guide us’
‘I’m getting sick of this!’
‘It’s better to be sick of it than to die of it’ she said and led the way to the forest of wisdom which took us seven hours. We got to the not-so-thick forest and saw a crystal tree. It was so shiny and had no blemish on it. The tree illuminated the forest by shining to the nooks and crannies of it, leaving a shiny feature on all trees. It was like a crystal land. Lovina looked around and knocked on the door. We were ushered in and greeted the crystal man who sat on a crystal throne – The God of Wisdom.
‘Mortals, you have escaped from Ngel Nyaki again. What can I do for you?’ God of Wisdom asked from his throne.
‘God of Wisdom, we need your help to choose which path to follow at Ngel junction. Do well to favour and guide us’ Lovina pleaded.
That moment, the man who brought us to their king came in with another people. They were Ugeli and Aweli and I became afraid, same with Lovina.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 11
{Phemloid story}
‘God of Wisdom, these two people her are escaped prisoners and the king ordered us to bring them back to him. Please hand them over to us’ Ugeli pleaded.
‘Prince of Ngel Nyaki. I cannot release my visitors to you just like that. The Supreme told me to treat all of yov equally and that is what I will do’ the king said and I was a bit happy.
‘God of Wisdom, the king will repay you greatly if you give these people to us’ Aweli voiced.
‘I will test you and the mortals. I will ask a question and anyone who gets it right, his wish would be granted’ the king said and I became very scare. How would he expect me to compete with spirits. I’m human and I once heard that spirits know all things. Competing with them is like fighting a lost battle. I glanced at Lovina whose face had dropped. The prince of the forest of Wisdom entered with a bird in his hand.
‘Now the test is to tell if the bird is dead or alive’ the king said.
I looked at Ugeli and Aweli who was grinning wickedly, it was certain that they know the answer. They told me to answer first and if I get it, I would have my wish granted. I fixed my eyes on the body of the bed and saw that its legs were moving but faintly. I smiled that I had gotten the answer when Lovina whispered to my ear that the prince might squeeze life out of the bed if I say it’s alive.
‘Only the prince knows if the bird is dead or alive’ I finally spoke.
The God of Wisdom raised his crystal staff and told on of his servants to follow us to Ngel junction and show us the way. Ugeli and Aweli was surprised that a mortal could answer the question correctly. It wasn’t really me but Demiral’s necklace. We headed to Ngel junction with the servant and when we got there, he took us to a tall and fat tree which divided the road into two. He told us to look up at the branches that was on the right and the ones on the left. There were fruits on the branches on the left but the branches on the right were dry.
‘Mortals, which path would you have follow with what you are seeing?’
‘Every one wants a fruitful live and journey. I would go for the left path – the fruitful branches’ Lovina replied.
{Phemloid story}
‘See..’ he pointed at a narrow path which was covered with small plants. ‘Both the left and right branches of the tree, both paths leads to death. One to destruction and the other to pain and agony but because of human eagerness to leave the forest, they don’t notice that narrow path. Safe journey, mortals’ he said and disappeared into thin air.
I took my lovely Lovina’s hand and we continued our journey to Nyaki journey through the narrow path.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 6:08am On Jun 21, 2020
Episode 12
A day left to get to Nyaki river. I remembered what Demiral told me about Nyaki river. He said that spirits cannot cross it and any mortal that would cross it must have the necklace he gave me. It was said that the necklace would prevent the evil spirits in the river from attacking. He also told me that the necklace is a powerful on which belonged to the royal family and some special people like him.
‘Lovina, let’s rest a bit, I’m tired’ I stopped and said.
‘I thought you don’t get tired’
‘I’m not a machine or who doesn’t get tired?’ I replied and sat under a tall tree.
‘But you act like one’ she sat beside me.
‘Lovina, what do you think about me?’ I asked her.
‘Like? I really don’t understand’
‘Like what you would say about me if you were asked’
‘Oh, simple. I would say Jackson is a mortal, my hero who fought for our freedom in Ngel Nyaki forest but that would be after we get out.’
‘Only that?’
‘Of course’
‘Okay. Tell me about the rest of your family. I only know one of them, your dad. What about your mother and siblings?
‘My mom died two years after I was given birth to and I have no siblings. My dad brought me up’
‘Oh… Sorry’
‘Old wound’ she smiled.
‘So after we overcome this and get out of here, where would be your destination?’
‘I really don’t know’
‘Would you want to return to Ogun?’
‘I have no one there again except my boyfriend’
‘Huh? You have a boyfriend?’ I asked jealously.
‘Yes… I love him so much. I may return home because of him’ she replied seriously and it was obvious that she truly loves the guy but to me, her reply was a hit, it really weighed me down that I became weak to move my lips to the continuation of the discussion. Imagine! I love her and she was telling me how much she loved her boyfriend…(hiss). I fought back the tears in my eyes, she clearly noticed it.
‘My hero, what is it this time? Are you missing someone?’ she asked carassing my hand.
‘Yes, I really miss my girlfriend too’ I lied. Though, I have a girlfriend but our relationship is complicated. I wanted to know if it would have any effect on her.
‘Oh… You have a girlfriend? How do you think she would be feeling since your disappearance?’
‘The same way you are feeling about your boyfriend’ I replied and turned my back at her.
My girlfriend is a type of lady I don’t like. She’s too flirty and I hate it. Lovina who I planned to start something with when we get to the city just told me what seems like trash. I couldn’t tell her my feeling so that she would not think I want to take advantage of her.
{phemloid story}
I watched as she slept under the tree, she had moved away from my side to another tree. Then, I reminisced about the story of the girl with four boyfriend. When I go to the forest of wisdom, I was told the meaning of the story.
According to the story, the fourth boyfriend is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish on making it look good, it will leave us when death calls.
The third boyfriend is our possessions, status, wealth. When we die, they’ll go to others.
The second boyfriend is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.
The first boyfriend, however is our soul, oftee neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, the soul is the only thing that will follow us beyond the grave. Cherish it now.
I thoughly about it over and over until I noticed a black cobra crawling towards Lovina. I quickly took a stick and ran to her but the snake had bitten her and it vanished. I was surprised that she didn’t feel any pain when it bit her so I woke her up.
‘Lovina, do you feel any pain on your leg?’ I whispered and she started misbehaving. She was shouting to go back to her husband, Ugeli and started running back to the forest. I ran after her, it was obvious that the snake had possessed her.
‘Lovina, what is wrong? Are you out of your mind?’ I yelled at her when I got hold of her.
‘Leave me, I’m going back to my husband’ she replied, struggling to free herself.
‘Shut up! You can’t go back. You are not one of them. You are human!’
‘Ugeli is the only one I love. I must go bact to him. Let me go now’ she yelled back.
‘I won’t allow you because you are possessed’ I tightened my grip on her hand.
‘Leave me now or you die. My husband is near, I can feel it. Leave me or I kill you’
The necklace on my neck showed me the danger sign and I sensed that Ugeli is the danger from what she said. I forcefully carried her on my back and started running. She was hitting me on the head and biting my neck, causing great pain but I was determined not to let her go. I quickly took off the necklace Demiral gave me, he said blood must not touch it but my blood was on it already.
‘Jack, you are bleeding?’ Lovina whispered.
‘Shut up! You’re possessed and I’ll save you’ I yelled.
‘Why are you bleeding? Did I turn to a vampire? Jack, drop me first, let’s take care of the cuts, you are losing much blood.’
I dropped her after confirming she was back to normal. My vision went blur and I fainted.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 6:11am On Jun 21, 2020
Episode 13
I woke up to the sound of chattering monkeys and other animals I’m still making research of their name. I looked around and found no sign of Lovina. I was beginning to fear and tried to stand up but the pain on my neck wouldn’t permit.
‘Jack, thank God you are awake’ she shouted and jumped on me.
‘Arrg!’ I groan, her hand hit my neck and I felt the pain.
‘Oh… Sorry’ she apologised and carassed my face.
‘Let’s start going. Ugeli is near’ I said, trying to get up after seeing the sign on the necklace yet again. We started running as fast as we could, not so fast like we used to because of the constant pain on my neck. We haven’t ran so far when we saw Ugeli running after us. We were already close to Nyaki river then, the sound of rushing water could be heard. Soon, Ugeli caught up with us.
‘Mortal, return my wife now or you die’ Ugeli whose eyes were as red as beet barked.
‘Who is your wife? You are yet to get married and she’s not bethroned to you. Even if she has been bethroned to you, I won’t let you take her because she’s not one of you. You are a spirit and she’s human; blood and flesh!’ I fired at him, boldly.
‘Then you die’ he brought out a small white cloth and threw it at me, the cloth landed on my shoulder and it started decaying instantly, rotten smell started coming out from it. It was spreading so quick that my neck burning as if it were on fire heated with sulphur. I couldn’t breathe that much again and was falling to the ground. Then he appeared.
‘Put your blood on the necklace’ Demiral shouted and I quickly did. Immediately, my body became whole. Ugeli threw another white piece of cloth at Demiral, he turned to a monster like Uli and Ufon immediately. I was very angry and I rushed towards him, I kicked him with my right leg and he staggered back, his leg him a small broken root and he fell. I mounted on him and delivered thousands of punches at his face. In the process, on of his eyes became blind and the other bled. He pushed me off his body and my head hit a tree. He rushed at me and raised me up with a hand, I never knew I am that light. He threw me away and I crashed to the ground with a loud thud. I quickly managed to get up and hid myself behind a tree. He roared like a lion and uproot a small tree with one hand. He threw the tree at me but the big tree I hid in prevented it from getting to me. He ran at the tree covering me and a punch was enough to uproot thed@mntree. I took the necklace and hid beside another tree. When he got near the tree I was hiding, I quickly jumped out and climbed to his shoulder and started hitting his head with the necklace. Soon, he started bleeding, my aim was acquired. I took from the blood on my body and rub the necklace with it, I used the blood-stained necklace to him the cut on his body and he fell to the ground immediately. I took a stick and used it to hit his ugly head, creating a big cut on it. Then I dropped the necklace on his body and watch him burn to ashes.
‘Victory! My hero!’ Lovina shouted and I smiled.
Re: Lost In The Jungle by iPhemloid(m): 6:14am On Jun 21, 2020
Last Episode.
Splashing as it moved through the woods, curved gently through the fores, a jewel-blue stream seeping and dribbling as it swerved through the big, thick trees. I was once told that rivers are the arteries in the forest. This one is sparkling like tinsel. The fluttering butterflies drifted over it lazily. It is Nyaki river!
‘Nyaki river at last’ I whispered happily.
‘Yes! We finally made it!’ Lovina shouted and hugged me then she kissed me.. Oh God! It was heaven-ly! An unforgettable moment, getting a kiss at a river bank. The gently breeze wouldn’t allow me free her, I s----d, ate, devoured her lips which tasted strawberry passionately. I wish it lasted forever.
‘The necklace got burnt with Ugeli, how do we cross over?’ I asked after she pulled back from the kiss.
‘Watch me’ she whispered and moved nearer to the river. She gently pulled down her waist bead and cut her hand. She added the blood to the waist bead and threw it into the centre of the river. Just like the days of Moses and the Israelites, the river parted and we walked in the river on dry land. We walked a little and started hearing sound of moving cars. Meanwhile, immediately Lovina removed the waist bead, the leaves she was wearing disappeared leaving her naked! Chai… Temptation ooo but thank God, I didn’t yield. I only pull of my trousers and vest which she wore while I was left with only boxer. We eventually got a helper that drove us to Ibadan where I reunited with my family again.
THE END
Questions that remain unanswered
– Did my family accept Lovina?
– How did my girlfriend feel about the strange Lovina?
-What about Lovina’s boyfriend, did he come for her?
-Did Ugeli die like that?
-What about the blood convenant I had with Demiral?
All these and more would be answered in the SEASON TWO

TITLE: LIFE AFTER THE JUNGLE!

WATCH OUT...
Re: Lost In The Jungle by Blessingekon(f): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Intresting kiss

(1) (Reply)

Paying N1/word Is Not Only Trash But An Insult. / No. 67 Upper Iweka Road (She's Broken Again) / Hollywood Nollywood Finao Filmworks, Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.