Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron (369 Views)

Why Are Feminists Not Fighting Subjugation Of Women In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 1:26am On Jun 21, 2020
I see some Muslim women calling themselves "feminists", I'm sorry this is oxymoron and you should find another name to call yourselves or you will be disobeying Allah and his Prophet.

In Islamic doctrines women are

1. Second class and doesn't have equal rights with men
2. Can't express their femininity
3. Can't be leaders, Sheikhs, Mufti, Ulema
4. Can't marry multiple husbands
5. Can't marry outside their religion
6. Can't have equal witness with men In court
7. One ram is slaughter for female baby while two for male baby
8. Girl child marriage
9. Can't lead in mosque and call for prayers
10. Can't go out or travel out freely
11. They're the majority in hell
13. Majority prophets are men
14. Can be beaten by their husband
15. You're created from a tiny rib of a man.

And it goes on and on.

You can't be a feminists and still be in a religion that degrade you, kindly stop calling yourself a feminists, you will be provoking Allah and Muhammad. Feminism ideology is equal rights for women in politics, society, home, education, jobs etc. There's no room for this kind of equal right in Islamic doctrines. Islam favor men than women, Islam was founded by men, everything about Islam is patriarchal.

Unless you leave the patriarch misogynistic religion then you can call yourself a feminists but for Muslim feminists, that's self-contradictory. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by Xmuslim: 2:02am On Jun 21, 2020
tintingz:

According to sunni Islam, no female prophet

“And We sent not before you (O Muhammad SAW) but men to whom We inspired” [al-Anbiya’ 21:7].

1 Like

Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

According to sunni Islam, no female prophet

“And We sent not before you (O Muhammad SAW) but men to whom We inspired” [al-Anbiya’ 21:7].

Yeah, There was actually no female prophets in Islam.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by Xmuslim: 6:45am On Jun 21, 2020
tintingz:

Yeah, There was actually no female prophets in Islam.
unfortunately, there are more women than men in Islam despite the injustice against them. Maybe they are more Afraid of hell fire than men. Maybe they are more emotional
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Xmuslim:
unfortunately, there are more women than men in Islam despite the injustice against them. Maybe they are more Afraid of hell fire than men. Maybe they are more emotional

Yes, Women tends to be more religious because they express their emotions more than men, despite the patriarchy and misogyny in the Religion they still believe in the religion. It's just brainwashing, infact many of them are patriarch apologist glorifying men patriarchy.

I've seen some Muslim women glorifying Muhammad treatment on women, I mean this is someone that permitted women slavery.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by Xmuslim: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
tintingz:
I see some Muslim women calling themselves "feminists", I'm sorry this is oxymoron and you should find another name to call yourselves or you will be disobeying Allah and his Prophet.

In Islamic doctrines women are

1. Second class and doesn't have equal rights with men
2. Can't express their femininity
3. Can't be leaders, Sheikhs, Mufti, Ulema
4. Can't marry multiple husbands
5. Can't marry outside their religion
6. Can't have equal witness with men In court
7. One ram is slaughter for female baby while two for male baby
8. Girl child marriage
9. Can't lead in mosque or call for prayers
10. Can't go out or travel out freely
11. They're the majority in hell
14. Can be beaten by their husband
15. You're created from a tiny rib of a man.

And it goes on and on.

You can't be a feminists and still be in a religion that degrade you, kindly stop calling yourself a feminists, you will be provoking Allah and Muhammad. Feminism ideology is equal rights for women in politics, society, home, education, jobs etc. There's no room for this kind of equal right in Islamic doctrines. Islam favor men than women, Islam was founded by men, everything about Islam is patriarchal.

Unless you leave the patriarch misogynistic religion then you can call yourself a feminists but for Muslim feminists, that's self-contradictory. Cheers.

16. Sprinkling of water on the cloth on which male child urinate prify it, but you must wash the area if it is female child.

I saw someone wrote somewhere that it's because male child urine splashes, and thus difficult to wash. Whereas female child urine concentrate in an area, and therefore easy to wash.

Muslims don't perceive this, but they tend to be the one defending Islam using their intellect with no evidence from Qur'an or hadith. Muhammad would have said this, if it's the reason.

One may begin to think that Muslims are more wiser than Muhammad

1 Like

Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by IMAliyu(m): 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Haven't come across many of them, except a few western muslim women online.
There are multiple things going on here I think.
1. Some of the Muslim feminist are conscious of the patriarchal nature of Islam and probably accept it on a cultural level (eg. Something like a wife should be submissive to her husband, wearing the hijab), but reject it on a legislative level (eg. Reject that the testimony of a woman is half of a man's in court) even if it goes against the doctrine.
2. Are nostalgic about the rights Islam gave women in the past which was relatively egalitarian for it's time and think it still is today. [My commentary: Islam did give women some rights initially, but stagnated as the surrounding cultures progressed]
3. Are probably completely ignorant.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by IMAliyu(m): 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Xmuslim:
Psychologically women are indeed higher in negative emotions than men.

Ironically enough there will be more women in hell than men according to hadith, but I remembering hearing someone trying to explain it as there will initially be more women than men in hell, but after some of those women have spent their sentence in hell, there will be more women in Jannah that men.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

16. Sprinkling of water on the cloth on which male child urinate prify it, but you must wash the area if it is female child.

I saw someone wrote somewhere that it's because male child urine splashes, and thus difficult to wash. Whereas female child urine concentrate in an area, and therefore easy to wash.

Muslims don't perceive this, but they tend to be the one defending Islam using their intellect with no evidence from Qur'an or hadith. Muhammad would have said this, if it's the reason.

One may begin to think that Muslims are more wiser than Muhammad

It's just a shame.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
IMAliyu:
Haven't come across many of them, except a few western muslim women online.
There are multiple things going on here I think.
1. Some of the Muslim feminist are conscious of the patriarchal nature of Islam and probably accept it on a cultural level (eg. Something like a wife should be submissive to her husband, wearing the hijab), but reject it on a legislative level (eg. Reject that the testimony of a woman is half of a man's in court) even if it goes against the doctrine.
2. Are nostalgic about the rights Islam gave women in the past which was relatively egalitarian for it's time and think it still is today. [My commentary: Islam did give women some rights initially, but stagnated as the surrounding cultures progressed]
3. Are probably completely ignorant.

Agreed.

Muhammad claim to give women rights in the past but unfortunately he did not, he made it worse.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
In addition.

- Women won't be having virgins in paradise like men, they will be with their husband along side his virgins(according to some scholars).
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by Xmuslim: 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
tintingz:

Agreed.

Muhammad claim to give women rights in the past but unfortunately he did not, he made it worse.

I have a different opinion about Muhammad regarding women though. He existed during the time when female child are buried alive and he abolished it. He gave women other right such as right to inheritance.

However, extraordinarily stuff is expected from extraordinary religion (as Muslims claim). If Islam is expected to rule our lives upto this century and more, it rulings should not be lesser than our standard. Many things that seems great for women then are now bullsh.it in our modern society.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by tintingz(m): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

I have a different opinion about Muhammad regarding women though. He existed during the time when female child are buried alive and he abolished it. He gave women other right such as right to inheritance.

However, extraordinarily stuff is expected from extraordinary religion (as Muslims claim). If Islam is expected to rule our lives upto this century and more, it rulings should not be lesser than our standard. Many things that seems great for women then are now bullsh.it in our modern society.

1. How can we confirm the pre-islamic arabs really did what the muslims claim they did? Most of the source of this claims comes from the Qur'an and Hadiths, there's no archaeological nor independent evidence to support this claim. I'm not saying they can't do it or it can't be true, I'm saying it may also not true, it's my even be a conspiracy by Muhammad and his followers.

2. As for inheritance, well we can't also confirm that too. Khadija the first wife of Muhammad was said to own properties, so this gives room for questions if this claims are true. There's no evidence that independently support any of these claims that women before Islam can't own inheritance or properties.

The pre-islamic arabs can be very harsh on women but there's no how to confirm it(I think somehow their ancient records/texts are lost probably destroyed by Muhammad), how can we know if the Muslims after pre-islamic era are more worse.

And even if Muhammad gave women some rights, he didn't even do up to 5% of it. The rights of women to men in Islam has huge gaps. Your bolded part is true.
Re: Muslim Feminists Is Oxymoron by Xmuslim: 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
tintingz:

1. How can we confirm the pre-islamic arabs really did what the muslims claim they did? Most of the source of this claims comes from the Qur'an and Hadiths, there's no archaeological nor independent evidence to support this claim. I'm not saying they can't do it or it can't be true, I'm saying it may also not true, it's my even be a conspiracy by Muhammad and his followers.

2. As for inheritance, well we can't also confirm that too. Khadija the first wife of Muhammad was said to own properties, so this gives room for questions if this claims are true. There's no evidence that independently support any of these claims that women before Islam can't own inheritance or properties.

The pre-islamic arabs can be very harsh on women but there's no how to confirm it(I think somehow their ancient records/texts are lost probably destroyed by Muhammad), how can we know if the Muslims after pre-islamic era are more worse.

And even if Muhammad gave women some rights, he didn't even do up to 5% of it. The rights of women to men in Islam has huge gaps. Your bolded part is true.

You may be right though. My source is actually from quran and hadith which is one side of the story. Non-Muslim sources are needed to confirm or deny the story. My bad.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Short Temper And How To Deal With It Islamically / As The Child Deviates / As Ramadan Approaches.............Senator Kashamu Speaks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.