Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit (3017 Views)

Brazilian Doctor Rapes Pregnant Woman While She Was Giving Birth / More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics / Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by massmediang: 8:31am On Jun 21, 2020
As agitations against rise in rape incidents across the society increases, a heartbreaking story of a young woman who was violated by a medical doctor is causing serious outrage among members of the public.
This is one in many incidents which eventually fail to see the light of the day due to stigma or settlement between the accused and the victim’s family but this particular incident is already drawing attention of stakeholders against rape in the society.

It happened on March 29, 2020 in Phalombe, a district in the Southern region of Malawi. That day remains a traumatic day for Mrs. Elizabeth Charles, a 21-year-old woman who alleged that she was raped when she was about six months pregnant by a hospital employee at Nambazo Health Center in Phalombe, reports Times Malawi.

Malawi news visited Mrs. Charles, a mother of three little girls, and she narrated to them how the entire incident happened. She said she remembers the incident like it was yesterday when her innocent attempt to seek medical attention at the health facility brought shame and misery to her life.

“On this particular day I went to the clinic for my usual ante-natal checkup. I did everything as we usually do when we go to the hospital. In the process of routine checkup I entered one room for other checkups.

“The doctor asked me to lie down and I had to remove my underwear however, I then noticed the doctor undressed as well. When I asked him what he was doing he covered my mouth with his hands and pinned me down…. I tried to push him but I was not successful and before I knew it he had raped me,” she said.
See details and photos;
https://massmediang.com/doctor-rapes-six-months-pregnant-woman-on-antenatal-visit/

Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by TONYE001(m): 8:43am On Jun 21, 2020
An examining doctor is required by law to always have a chaperone around when examining the opposite gender.

Hopefully, the bad eggs in the field would be fished out and persecuted.

1 Like

Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by PoliteActivist: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2020
TONYE001:
An examining doctor is required by law to always have a chaperone around when examining the opposite gender.

Hopefully, the bad eggs in the field would be fished out and persecuted.

A police officer is required not to take bribe

2 Likes

Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by TONYE001(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2020
PoliteActivist:

A police officer is required not to take bribe

Oh well, the system is dirty....all sectors. One by one, soon enough, they'd all be fished out.

1 Like

Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by THUNDER4real(m): 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
I read somewhere in Nairaland where one idiot was saying that Doctors should examine their patients alone. A nurse especially of opposite gender to the doctor is always advisable. Just imagine if a female nurse was present, the dr won't even think of it.
Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by dangotesmummy: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
Smh
Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by Livegamesonly(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
This is absurd and backwards
Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by bustayaga: 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Shocker As Doctor Rapes Six Months Pregnant Woman On Antenatal Visit by dangotesmummy: 9:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
Men and rape sha.

Even doctors now are rape suspects

(1) (Reply)

Watch: Offa And Erinle See How People, Live And Properties Are Burnt To Ashes / Police Arrests Couple For Beating Their Maid To Death In Lagos (Disturbing Pix) / Notorious ESN Commander Captured, Says He Left Esn To Form His Own Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.