Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

The Greatest Lesson My Father Taught Me: May We Not Die Before People Get To End - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Greatest Lesson My Father Taught Me: May We Not Die Before People Get To End (203 Views)

Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business / What Is The Greatest Lesson You Learned From Your Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Lesson My Father Taught Me: May We Not Die Before People Get To End by masterpiecedavid(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2020
THE GREATEST LESSON MY FATHER TAUGHT ME: MAY WE NOT DIE BEFORE PEOPLE GET TO ENDORSE OUR GOOD WORKS BY MASTERPIECE DAVID OLAWADE

One of the wicked acts I have seen under the sun that people don’t really pay attention to is how people wait till the demise of a man before they get to acknowledge his good works and show how much such man mean to them.

If some folks that gave up the ghost on their sick beds, during moments of depression and trying times of lack get to see how people can be concerned about them during their funeral and hear the good things people say about them, they may not have died as such acts could be healing to their souls and bodies.

Folks who feel lonely and neglected without empathy from many get to die as their demise attracts tons of people from far and near to mourn. It grieves my heart to know that people can be very ready to mourn over a good man after his death but find it difficult to celebrate his kind gestures when he is alive.

My father once told me as a lad that a man can’t really know how much he means to people because his true value and worth will only be reviewed and revealed after his demise. I was heartbroken to hear that as I imagined how this mentality can be colossal as it is predicated on showing love to a person in a moment where he or she can’t experience it.

I have seen men die in lack but their funeral attracted abundance of resources from folks who knows them but were never available to help them. I have seen men who died in their loneliness and state of been neglected but their funeral brought about multitudes who were never dear to them and there for them in moments when they needed them.

The help you intentionally offer me when I don’t need it or the help I can get from you when I’m no more available to receive it is mockery in disguise.

The eyes that can only shield tears in the day of one's demise but was not available to smile at one's progress when alive in moments of tribulation is from the heart of a mocker and not a lover.

You are an enemy in disguise to anyone who can only feel your concern and get to know how much their lives have impacted you only when they are no more on the surface of the earth. Sometimes, funerals don’t just reveal a man's friends but project a man’s enemies that have been camouflaging over the years.

Why do you want to wait to contribute to buy a man's casket when you can buy his products and call for his service?

Why do you want to wait till a man is dead before you know his house and acknowledge that he has been suffering as a good man?

If you know how the souls of the dead folks feel about some of us when we attend their funerals, we would weep more in shame no matter the help you have done for their funeral and family.

Any help you can only render to a man after his demise is wickedness. Any good words you can say about a man that he didn’t get to hear from you when he was alive is mockery.

Yes! We get to say, we don’t owe any man who we are not committed and obliged to our attention, but the lives of some men have in a way paid for our attention and snubbing them can be a debt. When some dead folks see and read the beautiful things we share on our social media platforms about them after their demise, they would wish they live again if we could tell them in person or still withhold it from them.

I was in church years ago, and we were told to pray against the evil that makes people get help and remembered only after their demise but I later discovered that we and our mentalities were the evil we were praying against.

Folks, be intentional from today; reach out to those that have in one way contributed to your life, reach out to those lonely folks around you, help the needy around you, patronize that your friend that is selling different products, use your connection to help your friend that have been looking for job for years and so on.

Let those around you feel your impacts now that are alive to experience it because it could be a waste to them when they are no more. You can start now, you don’t know what tomorrow holds.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See 4 Tips For Navigating Teenhood / Opportunity For All!!! / Dress Tips For The Stylish Moms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.