Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

What Is Your Primary Foundation Of Morality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Primary Foundation Of Morality (130 Views)

Is Religion A Veritable Source Of Morality? / What Is The Source Of Morality / Pastor Adeboye Lays Foundation Of Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Primary Foundation Of Morality by tobechi20(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Six foundation of morality

1) Care : Opposite harm : synonym: sympathy, compassion:/developed to protect the vulnerable

2)Fairness's : opposite: cheating :
emotion: anger when cheated,gratitude when treated fairly and guilty when we cheat others;;

developed to reap the benefit of reciprocity

3) loyalty : opposite: betrayal

pride with ingroup, rage against outgroup,ecstasy,
reason; developed to form a coalition that could compete with other coalition.

4) Authority/submission:obedience and respect
since of fear and respect toward people above us in hierarchy, fostering a sence of obedience and difference

5)sanctity and degradation:disgust towards the unclean ,blood and waste and avoid them

I think other abrahamic religion priotise authority as its number one foundation of morality and loyalty and betrayal as its number two. This is why they harbour this hatred toward non member and would harm them if authorised.

others?

But Christianity priotises care/ harm as its primary foundation of morality and fairness as its number two.

what do you think?

Atheist, what are your individual primary foundation on morality
Re: What Is Your Primary Foundation Of Morality by toyotamuscle: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
hi am in need of a job.i stay in abuja.i can work as a network admin.a supervisor in a hotel or any other organisation.also I can work as an I T support, I T officer.i can create and maintain WordPress sites.am a graduate of publuc administration. I have a ccna from aptech.i can do any job so long its not a professional work like accounting etc. job salary not below 50,000naira.chat me on whatsapp 08089411836.

(1) (Reply)

Omo Abule Live Performance At The Goodnews Album Lunch / God Is Not Slow To Bring The Whole World To An End / 4 Ways Church Can Help Families In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.