Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread (69684 Views)

Please I Need A Ps3 Jailbreak Urgently In Lagos!!!:( :(:( / Gateway 3ds Card Hacked Nintendo 3DS Roms - 3DS Jailbreak Is Coming / Ps3 Jailbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by KazeKage1: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2012
A2J:

where do you buy your games from? the price? thanks
Are you in Lagos? There're folks who do door-to-door delivery of things like this, you just have to add a few quids.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by A2J(m): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
KazeKage1:
Are you in Lagos? There're folks who do door-to-door delivery of things like this, you just have to add a few quids.

sure, gimme their website or contact pls
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by KazeKage1: 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
I'll look around and get back to you with numbers.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by A2J(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
KazeKage1: I'll look around and get back to you with numbers.

Thanks, i be waiting
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
Good news! The lv0 keys have been released. That means the latest firmware can be decrypted and CFW is inevitable.

Have patience brothers (and sisters), your consoles shall soon be free!

[url]arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/10/sony-faces-setback-as-hackers-release-playstation-3-decryption-keys/[/url]

Edit: Just checked and it turns out that new CFW is already available. That was fast!
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by wiegraf: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
Evil Brain: Good news! The lv0 keys have been released. That means the latest firmware can be decrypted and CFW is inevitable.

Have patience brothers (and sisters), your consoles shall soon be free!

[url]arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/10/sony-faces-setback-as-hackers-release-playstation-3-decryption-keys/[/url]

Edit: Just checked and it turns out that new CFW is already available. That was fast!

Wait first.... Will this work for me, slim, probably on the latest firmware?

Googles, but last time my model was too new for even the hardware hack, and most sites seemed to omit that rather important bit of info.

Edit: from what I can decipher it won't work for 3k models.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
wiegraf:

Wait first.... Will this work for me, slim, probably on the latest firmware?

Googles, but last time my model was too new for even the hardware hack, and most sites seemed to omit that rather important bit of info.

Edit: from what I can decipher it won't work for 3k models.

The current CFW can only be installed on PS3s running 3.55. But in principle, the lv0 keys should enable hacking of everything up to the latest firmware. You'll just have to wait awhile though for other CFWs to come out.

This is a major security setback for Sony. There are still a few more things they can do to slow down hackers, but the battle is almost over.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by wiegraf: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
Evil Brain:

The current CFW can only be installed on PS3s running 3.55. But in principle, the lv0 keys should enable hacking of everything up to the latest firmware. You'll just have to wait awhile though for other CFWs to come out.

This is a major security setback for Sony. There are still a few more things they can do to slow down hackers, but the battle is almost over.

From what I can tell, newer models are not hardware bound to those keys, they can be changed with a software update. They're like a master key used to determine if the other keys, like the ones which the current cfws have been using, are valid, encrypt/decrypt them etc. (Though there's still 1 level below lv0x, said level is hardware bound on all consoles, but keys for that level remain secret)

There's already lv02(?) system being used. I would think if your console is already using lv02 system, you can't install cfw based on these keys. It might be that your console supports lv02 (from all indications, no), but is still using lv0, I wonder if those systems can get cfw? If that is the case, never upgrade as your keys will likely be updated in any future updates. This lv02 system was probably implemented in anticipation of a leak like this actually.

There's also the fact that as lv0x are root keys, they probably could be used to determine what other keys are with some work. These could then be used to make cfw greater than 3.55 which would work on newer consoles. These cfw would be similar to the ones being used currently.

For those with consoles with hardware bound lv0 keys and a cfw built around this, from now on you need not ever worry about keys blocking the system. You will from now have access to everything, including psn, maybe with just the odd minor patch or two along the way. And you might not even need a completely new cfw as well, the current ones might get by with just a patch.

Convulted post, I know, it's a fairly poor way of describing how I understand it, which may be wrong as well. But yeah, it could lead to good news for those with lv02 as well, just it would take some work and pl willing to go against sony. For those with lv0 consoles though, it's excellent news.

Edit
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by A2J(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
A better explanation for anyone still confused on what have been discovered and how it helps.

Q: What exactly has been recovered?

A: The keys used by bootldr to decrypt/verify lv0, and by reversing the process the private keys used by Sony to sign lv0. If we consult our handy 3.60+ chain of trust diagram, we can see that bootldr is at the very root of the chain of trust, with lv0 being the first module it loads.

Q: So what can we do with the lv0 signing key?

A: In short, we can use it to decrypt lv0, modify it to patch out any lv0 security checks, and resign it with a legitimate key that bootldr will accept. With the chain of trust broken and lv0 no longer enforcing the security of the modules that it controls, we can then start modifying lv1ldr, lv2ldr, appldr, isoldr, etc to patch out their security checks and add CFW functionality.

Q: Can Sony “fix” this like they did for the 3.55 exploit?

A: No. With 3.55 the keys metldr used to verify its dependent modules were recovered. So Sony simply stopped using the now-insecure metldr and started using bootldr (which was still secure) to load.. Sony doesn’t have any more secure modules like bootldr left so like I said in my original post they have no options and cant fix anything; without getting too technical, we now have the keys to every “common” hardware module that is able to decrypt Sony-signed modules. The only thing left are the modules that use per-console keys, which are useless for booting common firmware (which must be decryptable by every PS3)

Q: So bootldr is fixed in hardware?

A: Correct. Like metldr, bootldr cannot be software updated by Sony. It’s hard-coded in hardware. As a reminder, bootldr/metldr themselves can’t be exploited, but because of the keys we have recovered we can make them load anything we want, nullifying whatever security they provide.

Q: What about future firmwares?

A: Good news! We can decrypt those too. Sony can use various coding tricks to make the process more difficult (this is called obfuscation), but they can’t stop us by using keys. We will always be able to decrypt lv0, and as long as we can figure out how to navigate lv0 we can figure out how to decrypt and modify its dependent modules. For those of you that follow Sony hardware this is much like how the earlier PSPs were hacked. So we can always decrypt the firmware and will be able to create newer CFWs as long as we can get past any obfuscation by Sony.

Q: So the PS3 is utterly and completely broken?

A: To an extant yes, debatable but unlike the 3.55 hack we have mostly everything needed. Sony will never be able to re-secure existing consoles.

Q: What about consoles running firmware newer than 3.55?

A: Because all “old” consoles use the same keys to verify modules like lv0, at a minimum we can decrypt, patch, and resign the firmware. The problem is that we need a way to convince the PS3 to flash our modified firmware. With 3.55 and below that was easy enough to do because of the keys recovered, but 3.56 and later change that so that flashing is more complex than just using the recovered keys. This isn’t an insurmountable problem – hardware flashers will always work – but for easy software flashing we need to find new exploits in the PS3 software stack to convince OFW consoles to flash CFW.

Q: What about newer consoles?

A: So there’s the real problem. Remember how we said bootldr and metldr are fixed in hardware? Sony can create new hardware, and update those modules in the process. By using new hardware in conjunction with new firmware for that hardware, Sony could completely change the keys used to secure the system. Without getting too technical, all of this progress comes from the fact that Sony was sloppy and did a poor job of implementing their security on earlier consoles, which is what lead to the first keys being leaked. Sony could always issue new hardware with new keys and a fixed security system at which point we’d be completely locked out of that new hardware. It’s entirely possible they’ll do this (if they haven’t done so already), so much like the PSP we’re going to end up with a limited number of consoles that have hardware-based flaws that can be exploited. Of course we then found new ways of exploiting the PSP anyhow, and ultimately were able to exploit every PSP made in one way or another.

If you are on anything higher than 3.55 it doesn’t mean you are out, there are ways to downgrade if your model is one thats able, otherwise you are just not able to do anything right now until more dev work is done. So sit tight and hold on. Again stay tuned, more info and news will be definitely coming.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by wiegraf: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
^^^
That clearifies stuff thanks. Not exactly how I thought it works, sort of close though. It would seem newer consoles have a different bootldr which uses the lv02 modules, and these use a different set of keys. Unless those keys are found, no show for us.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 7:38am On Oct 26, 2012
Good News: Those with already exploited/exploitable consoles will have access to the latest firmwares/games(without patching)/(probably)SEN "forever". \O/

Bad news: This adds absolutely nothing for those with the newer (currently)"unexploitable" 3k/4k consoles.

P.S. Rogero's 4.21 CFW is not yet brick-proof, so you should steer clear till that's sorted. Or just wait for 4.30. tongue
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by KazeKage1: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
What about 3.72 OFW consoles?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 12:02am On Oct 29, 2012
KazeKage1: What about 3.72 OFW consoles?

Nothing for you for now, but the release of the new keys has set off a firestorm of dev work. Sooner or later someone will find an exploit that'll let us hack even the newer consoles. Sony has done an admirable job securing and resecuring the PS3, but no system is perfect. The holes are always there, people just have to find and exploit them first.

Be patient Kazekage-sama. Your time will come. Meanwhile, don't upgrade!
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:32am On Oct 29, 2012
grin grin grin

see them. just see the amount of effort they put into using their money like they are supposed to!! grin grin grin grin

see that kazekage one, dying to run pirated games tongue tongue tongue tongue

oh, where is texazzpete to come and pontificate on why jailbreaking your PS is not good bla bla bla grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by KazeKage1: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2012
Evil Brain:

Nothing for you for now, but the release of the new keys has set off a firestorm of dev work. Sooner or later someone will find an exploit that'll let us hack even the newer consoles. Sony has done an admirable job securing and resecuring the PS3, but no system is perfect. The holes are always there, people just have to find and exploit them first.

Be patient Kazekage-sama. Your time will come. Meanwhile, don't upgrade!
I haven't really given JB much thought to be honest..as i still enjoy the intense experience of playing online neither have i thought about upgrading to 4(if available).
@4ller
The thought does hit you at some point as you can't keep shelling out 40-60 quids on CDs so excuse the folks on here for pursuing/actualizing their dream of JB. I'm dying to run pirated games but the thought of having to wait for CFW/hack/tweak each time SONY decides to play tough can be frustrating..let me explore my baby's body first(play by SONY's rules) before screwing her mercilessly(you know what) grin wink

Oh, from the posts i've seen on the thread...titles from 2011 backwards run great on JBs consoles and i'll bulge if future(present inclusive) run on the current FW.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by EvilBrain1(m): 12:51am On Oct 31, 2012
KazeKage1:
I haven't really given JB much thought to be honest..as i still enjoy the intense experience of playing online neither have i thought about upgrading to 4(if available).

Hacked PS3s have had PSN access for over 6 months now. PSN's security has been busted wide open. The passphrase has been leaked. When Sony inevitably changes it, the new one will also get deciphered and leaked.

The chances that Sony will be able to keep hacked consoles off PSN for any significant length of time are slim to none going forward.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Bawss1(m): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
KazeKage1:

How do you play online without upgrading? Every time a new system update becomes available I am prompted to update. Ditto for game updates, if I don't no online gaming. Is there really a walk around for this?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
Bawss1:

How do you play online without upgrading? Every time a new system update becomes available I am prompted to update. Ditto for game updates, if I don't no online gaming. Is there really a walk around for this?

I think our friend was a bit drunk grin grin

In other news, 4.30 CFW is out, all the new games, SEN/PSN et al. Grab your copy NOW! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by KazeKage1: 6:25am On Nov 01, 2012
Bawss1:

I have NO intention of JB my console. I'm well aware of the updates from Sony and do then whenever PHCN and Airtel gives a brother the chance cool
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dimdim001(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
Gbyte: How much can I get a brand New PS3

what size?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by binhozie(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
hello pls i just got a slim ps3 320gb...
firmware version 3.70. . i want to jailbreak it to play fifa13 and other games
do i need to downgrade to 3.55 or upgrade to 4.30 someone pls help
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by dimdim001(m): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
binhozie: hello pls i just got a slim ps3 320gb...
firmware version 3.70. . i want to jailbreak it to play fifa13 and other games
do i need to downgrade to 3.55 or upgrade to 4.30 someone pls help

For nw ur ps3 cnt b jailbroken...for a ps3 2 b jailbroken nw, it hz 2 b on firmware 3.55 or below
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2012
Pls where can I buy jail broken PS3 in port harcourt ASAP
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by chudiblaize(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys I can jailbreak/chip ur Ps3 to play new games like fifa 13,pes 13 from ur hardrive...........hit me up if u are intrested I do it @ a very affordable price My phone number is 08057177514..........the chipping costs 4k plus I can also load the fifa 13 or pes 13 for 3k.......u can also email me @-chukwudioranu@ymail.com
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by KazeKage1: 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
A2J:

Thanks, i be waiting
WWW.JUMIA.COM
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by oshioke2012: 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
who cares for a very clean ps vita wifi only version?
have got one here for sale, just 40k, non negotiable...
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by samir101ng(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hello Guys,

Nice thread going on here. As a former avid gamer, i must confess to have lost my roots for a while. However, having recently gotten some extra time on my hands i want to return to the gaming fold. grin grin To start with, i just bought the new PS3 250 GB Black Friday 2012 Bundle on Amazon complete with the Playstation Move Set. Now, because of my absence from the scene i must confess to being left behind on the latest news and jail breaking techniques in town. From my own research and your helpful comments i can see that the possibility of hacking & jail breaking the PS3 Super Slim is next to impossible due to the revised hardware specs and firmware version. I haven't un boxed the PS3 Super Slim yet and was thinking of ordering another one thats more readily easy to jailbreak. What's your thoughts on this and any advice ? Thanks !!
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by ritchboy(m): 7:42am On Feb 09, 2013
samir101ng: Hello Guys,

Nice thread going on here. As a former avid gamer, i must confess to have lost my roots for a while. However, having recently gotten some extra time on my hands i want to return to the gaming fold. grin grin To start with, i just bought the new PS3 250 GB Black Friday 2012 Bundle on Amazon complete with the Playstation Move Set. Now, because of my absence from the scene i must confess to being left behind on the latest news and jail breaking techniques in town. From my own research and your helpful comments i can see that the possibility of hacking & jail breaking the PS3 Super Slim is next to impossible due to the revised hardware specs and firmware version. I haven't un boxed the PS3 Super Slim yet and was thinking of ordering another one thats more readily easy to jailbreak. What's your thoughts on this and any advice ? Thanks !!

Any console you order online from Amazon or the other big retailers will be "unhackable".

If you're serious about jailbreaking, put the super-slim up for sale and enter okada to Oshodi market! grin grin grin
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by manos(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2013
I just got some info from a friend of mine, who claims there is a new software hack for the ps3 and that he can play resident evil 6 and other recent games on his console, directly from his hardrive, without disc support. His console had been previously updated to Official firmware 4.3.

Question?
How true is this and where can i get detailed info on how to do this?........I am presently having two ps3's with Official firmware 3.56 and 3.72 repectively, which do not allow the installation of multiman or any pkg files, so i cant run games from the hard drive........any useful info would be appreciated.
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by gambus007(m): 9:43am On Feb 11, 2013
manos: I just got some info from a friend of mine, who claims there is a new software hack for the ps3 and that he can play resident evil 6 and other recent games on his console, directly from his hardrive, without disc support. His console had been previously updated to Official firmware 4.3.

Question?
How true is this and where can i get detailed info on how to do this?........I am presently having two ps3's with Official firmware 3.56 and 3.72 repectively, which do not allow the installation of multiman or any pkg files, so i cant run games from the hard drive........any useful info would be appreciated.
ps3jail.com

1 Like

Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by manos(m): 1:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
gambus007:
ps3jail.com

thanks man, but the site, shows all evidence of a scam site. Did u test it yourself and are u still using it?
The update installs, but takes u to official firmware 4.31, rather than than the CFW, so u cant install pkg files, any workaround for this?
Re: Official Ps3 Jailbreak Thread by gambus007(m): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
manos:

thanks man, but the site, shows all evidence of a scam site. Did u test it yourself and are u still using it?
The update installs, but takes u to official firmware 4.31, rather than than the CFW, so u cant install pkg files, any workaround for this?
nope,I didnt try it.mine is on 3.55.mayb u shld try another site

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

How To Play PES 2017 Using Keyboard On Your Pc / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! / Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.