Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:34 PM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (55823 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Frenchkiss564: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Without mincing words, Nigeria has very poor taste of architecture.

There is really nothing mind blowing about Abuja, Lagos has better architecture.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Omoslim26: 9:50am On Jun 22, 2020
jneutron4000:
IF any SA cities have just half of the pressure Lagos is dealing with it terms of population and mass migration from Ibos and Hausa/Fulanis which in turns has a massive negative effects on public infrastrutures trust me their cities will become. If you check the population of Johannesburg it about 6million and Lagos is more than 20 million and even smaller than Johannersburg in term of land mass. There is no way Lagos can be well organized if migration into Lagos is not controlled, Lagos used to be well organized when we had regional government in 1950s.
If you read thru their tweets, they are blaming high migration of Nigerians into johannesburg which is true. Even New York City, NY population is not half of Lagos population and NY is very dirty. So organisation also has to deal with controlling the migration of the people.

Where and where have you been to in Lagos

you will stay in Shomolu and conclude that Lagos is generally dirty

Johannesburg has more drug infested slums than Lagos

If not for bad govt imagine SA throwing jabs at Nigeria

people wey for still dey in chains if not for The embossed GIANT OF AFRICA NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Coldie(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2020
MPESA:

That guy is Right, forget about Your Aljezeera programs you watched sincerely you can NEVER compare JOHANNESBURG with LAGOS.
Only thing u can compare it with is population, cause in Nigeria some people would give birth to 100children with no Intentions to take care of them than to send them down south to beg

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by 49cents(m): 9:52am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Who cares about what you like or not?
I'm not disputing that Lagos is not unorganised. All I'm saying is, south Africa is no better than Nigeria in any way.
When you want to compare Nigeria with an African country next time, try Egypt or Morocco or Tunisia... And not a savage country like south Africa.

Keep comments civil. Life isnt very difficult.

If SA was horrible how come Nigerians are rushing there in droves

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2020
Boomnaija or what's name, I know you're trying to be patriotic by supporting nigeria, But the truth is that South-Africa is 100years ahead of Nigeria in terms of everything, I've been there more than 3 times

Their Cities were planned by Dutch who also planned new York and not the stupid African leaders we have!!

Do you even know South Africa is the most visited country in the whole of Africa and one of the most visited in the whole world??

No city in Nigeria can stand head-to-head with Any south Africa Cities, Is it the Lagos that just got ravaged by erosion recently?? With danfo drives everywhere and dirts everywhere?? Do you think you will see that in any city in South Africa?

Or the Abuja with Third-world building architecture designs?? Even the Centenary city project in Abuja has been abandoned, the millennium towers in Abuja has been under construction over 100years now!! Nothing special in Abuja

Portharcourt?? Rubbish, Enugu Kano all rubbish!!

South Africa has the best airport, schools, roads hospital in Africa, just name it!!!!!

South Africa hosted the football world cup in 2010 and hosted rugby world cup last year, Do you think an underdeveloped country can do that??

When has your Nigeria hosted a world cup?? You don't have the infrastructure for that, everything is in shambles here!!

Do you even know that Capetown in South Africa is more beautiful than New-york??

Boomnaija abeg no dey shame disgrace us ooo!! Just accept defeat!!

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by teebaxy(m): 9:53am On Jun 22, 2020
WHERE EXACTLY IN LAGOS? LETS DO SOME FACT CHECK
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by wavylevel: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2020
Truth be told.

Lagos is an overpopulated slum.

Trash Megacity of a f**king joke!
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Gee64: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2020
Don't blame the South Africans.

It is our fault that we rescued them from the white supremacist regime.

They were relegated to the ghetto where they dwelt. The beautiful buildings were for whites only.

But for bad leadership in Nigeria and the greed of many young Nigerians, who are South Africans to brag to Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Bobyro: 9:56am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

I won't feel safe as a black South African. Maybe I'll adopt a Botswana identity instead.
This guy who you be self. You just dey post så shit here
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Bobyro: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2020
Gee64:
Don't blame the South Africans.

It is our fault that we rescued them from the white supremacist regime.

They were relegated to the ghetto where they dwelt. The beautiful buildings were for whites only.

But for bad leadership in Nigeria and the greed of many young Nigerians, who are South Africans to brag to Nigerians?
I swear
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Gee64: 9:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Courtesy, the white South Africans.
TMKsouth:

Exactly what did your mom tell you about Joburg? You said she's been here before. Which parts of the city did she visit to think Abuja can compare?

STUNNING PICS on page 4
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by makeherscream(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Abuja
chai Abuja fine Abeg
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Lamanii22(f): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:
It's better they keep insulting Nigeria abroad like this. Maybe that's when youths will wake up and direct their anger to the thieves in political offices stealing money and not working...

Let's say the truth, waste management in Lagos is messed up big time. Lagos isn't coping at all in that aspect. In my area their LAWMA trucks don't even get into our street so people have to burn their waste, leaving smoke and residue behind. No waste bins on sidewalks, roads don't meet basic standards, electricity is abysmal, healthcare is poor. Why won't they insult us? No country respects us apart from Liberia and Sierra Leone... E get why.

Waste bins on sidewalks would be abused too....
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by antibullshit: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Shut up!
Have you been there before?
The same Johannesburg slum I watch on aljezeera or what?

Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.

South Africa is better than nigeria in every way.Votes count there.Since the fall of apartheid their human rights record has been impeccable.
Yes,they have problems but theres no comparison. A man like buhari wont last 3 days in office in south africa.
I have stayed in Johannesburg and Lagos is far behind. Lets tell the truth and try and fix our country.
some places that they consider ghetto in Johannesburg are better than the island.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

I was challenging you saying Abuja beats Joburg. But if it's mind blowing pics you want we can go there dude. You just have to ask and you shall receive.
let's go head to head Abuja vs JoBurg. Abuja is not doing bad at all.

Over here the entire Soweto is a village.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2020
This is what we get when we keep disgracing ourselves in any country we travel to.

There was a country undecided
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by proeast(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2020
jneutron4000:
IF any SA cities have just half of the pressure Lagos is dealing with it terms of population and mass migration from Ibos and Hausa/Fulanis which in turns has a massive negative effects on public infrastrutures trust me their cities will become. If you check the population of Johannesburg it about 6million and Lagos is more than 20 million and even smaller than Johannersburg in term of land mass. There is no way Lagos can be well organized if migration into Lagos is not controlled, Lagos used to be well organized when we had regional government in 1950s.
If you read thru their tweets, they are blaming high migration of Nigerians into johannesburg which is true. Even New York City, NY population is not half of Lagos population and NY is very dirty. So organisation also has to deal with controlling the migration of the people.

The blame still goes to your government for being primitive minded. SA did not move all infrastructures and anything of worth to Johannesburg rather they wisely spread development across all its cities and regions. Look at Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth etc. each of them has almost what the others have and that is why they have millionaire cities of global standard. However, here in Nigeria, ethnocentrism made the Federal government to concentrate virtually everything in Lagos and lately Abuja too. That is why those two cities are choking on its own weight because 200 million people are forced to rely on them. That is madness!

People from the East shouldn't be coming to Lagos to clear goods at the seaports! They shouldn't be coming to Lagos to use the airport! They shouldn't be coming to Lagos for consular services! They shouldn't be coming to Lagos before they could access some government needs! Enugu Airport should be standardized to cater for international flight needs of the region! P.H, Calabar, and Onitsha ports should be made efficient to cater for sea freight needs of the region.

It is primitive and self destructive when all imports and exports are channeled through Lagos, and everything concentrated there. When other regions plead with the government to decentralize amenities and infrastructures across all regions, the same people from Lagos region will sabotage it. So you can't eat your cake and still have it. You gain by having over-bloated IGR and economy at the expense of others but you pay dearly by living miserably and that is what the law of cause and effects means because for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction to it.

DEAL WITH IT!!!

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Arijude(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2020
Grgton:
SA has better cities,
Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, Enugu, Ibadan etc don't even come closer in all ramifications be it Electricity, industrialization, city planning and Organization, Tourism, infrastructures yet they Do not have OIL
who told you they don't have oil
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Kenny242(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2020
hhhhh
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Lol... Sha no enter market grin cheesy
Little boy, how was your night? Hope mummy have given you breakfast? Or are you on ban?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by golddust6000(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2020
junketer:
That's where you are wrong. Soweto is not a slum. Soweto has beautiful houses, well planned layout, tarred streets with street lights, 24 hours power supply, there water flowing through every taps in soweto. The gutters are covered. Just google and see for yourself.
you lied, South Africa don’t have 24h power supply
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by sniperr007(m): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Don't believe everything you see online.

Posted by CHUKWUEBUKA.... Ipob...
We know the motives.

The same Johannesburg slum I know?
Let their fake pictures be deceiving you.

Go to Alexandra, Gauteng and Soweto, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!

I know Nigerian leaders are complete failures but South Africa is no better than Nigeria in anyway.

Lemme not insult you.

So if you fail in school, you compare yourself with those who failed also?

Strive to be the best no be curse.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Lamanii22(f): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Good.
Patriotism is very important for growth and development.
What is exposing Nigeria to the world is our unpatriotic behaviour and bigotry.
Nigeria is not the worst country in Africa. I have been to many parts Ghana, togo, Benin, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, Senegal and Ethiopia and I can boastfully tell you that Nigeria is very developed are more organized than many of those countries in all ramifications.

You've travelled gan ooo
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Think9ja(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
Should I post more?

No, e don do abeg
Hahahaha
Oboi na wa oooo
Na the whole Abuja you go snap?
Chai
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2020
No city in Nigeria can stand Head to head with any city in South Africa, Abuja is overrated piece of shít, If you have never been traveled out of nigeria that's when you will see Abuja as heaven but in the real World, Abuja is just another Somalia

This is Johannesburg, south-Africa

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Coldie:

Mumu its real South Africans actually hate Nigerians. Just because u are a village boy try and get sense

There's no day Nigerians and south Africans ain't clashing on twitter over things like this

South Africans don't hate Nigerians. They know the people they hate in Nigeria. Nigerians want to destroy the cities planned and built by the Whites. I was in SA over a decade ago, what I saw surprised me. While Lagos have flooding problems because it is at sea level, population congestion with poor waste disposal habits of people complicated drainage problem. Don't be surprised the picture posted by the idiot might not be that of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Johannesburg

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by pretyval: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2020
Nigeria has been sold and they have shared the money

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by BigDick70inch(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2020
South African..have always been hypocrites dont be deceived

Pics of Alexandria in Johannesburg South Africa

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2020
Frenchkiss564:

Without mincing words, Nigeria has very poor taste of architecture.

There is really nothing mind blowing about Abuja, Lagos has better architecture.
Abuja was well designed and one of the reasons why you won't see very tall sky scrappers etc is because they planned Abuja to withstand earthquake get your fact. It is better but I would say the architectural plan of Lagos Atlantic beats Abuja hands down I wish they could speed up Lag Atlantic works.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Lol grin I'm liking you too. Especially how you dodged the bullet by sending Lagos pics instead of Abuja. Where are these spectacular FCT images - I've got plenty Gauteng glass buildings stacked as ammo.
loooooooooool for the first time this SA guy made me laugh so hard. You would have given us a check mate bah?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2020
Capetown was named the most beautiful city in Africa and 5th most beautiful in the world in 2019

Has any Nigeria city Been most beautiful in even Africa? Let alone of the world?? no Nigeria city is even in the top 20 best cities in Africa

You can argue that with me

This is Capetown!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Lady Kicks Her Hubby Out Of His Own Home In UK After He Brought Her From Nigeria / Which Country Can I Migrate To With 3.5M?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.