Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty (56155 Views)

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2020
BigDick70inch:
South African..have always been hypocrites dont be deceived

Pics of Alexandria in Johannesburg South Africa

Don't be deluded, Every country in the world has a slum, I can show you pictures of Slums in New York and Homeless people on the streets of New york

But No slum in South Africa is as worse as Makoko in Lagos!!!✊�

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by winterfell007(m): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2020
Like your city isn't also messed up... Lagos is a coastal city, it seats
next to the Atlantic Ocean. We are in rainy season so some areas are prone to floods. It still doesn't change the fact that Eko is mega-city
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:
It's better they keep insulting Nigeria abroad like this. Maybe that's when youths will wake up and direct their anger to the thieves in political offices stealing money and not working...

Let's say the truth, waste management in Lagos is messed up big time. Lagos isn't coping at all in that aspect. In my area their LAWMA trucks don't even get into our street so people have to burn their waste, leaving smoke and residue behind. No waste bins on sidewalks, roads don't meet basic standards, electricity is abysmal, healthcare is poor. Why won't they insult us? No country respects us apart from Liberia and Sierra Leone... E get why.

Lagos with all the IGR is so appalling
only few parts of Lagos are well maintained and its the areas with elites
take Ikoyi, Banana Island, VI and Ikeja
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2020
Lamanii22:

You've travelled gan ooo
ECOWAS duties... U wan follow me?
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by olaoye15(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2020
You can only compare two similar cases. Lagos is far behind jbourg. I was there last year June and I was amazed by the level of infrastructure I saw. Well planned road network, excellent transport system, massive public health arrangement, robust humanitarian and welfare package for citizens etc. All thought, the schools you attend are function of your economic class but even the so called schools for prolaterants are far better than the edged public schools we have in Nigeria.

Nigeria has a long way to go in terms of development .

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by laughitall(m): 10:39am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:
Johannesburg is not Lagos' mate. Even as a Naija guy, I know this. Let's not lie abeg. We can't allow the idiots in politics ruin our country and we start fighting online. If they post places in Gauteng/Jo'burg, Lagos can't compare o...
Even Lekki is nonsense to some people abroad ooo.
lekki is rubbish... overhyped street.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by sucess001(m): 10:39am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:
So, where is the picture of the Johannesburg these savages are comparing with Lagos?

Hypocrisy won't Let them post it.

Bros..lower ur voice...jborg na like London o...no dey talk this Kain talk anyhow o

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Lamanii22(f): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

ECOWAS duties... U wan follow me?

I wouldn't mind lol....
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2020
Raydos:
Capetown was named the most beautiful city in Africa and 5th most beautiful in the world in 2019

Has any Nigeria city Been most beautiful in even Africa? Let alone of the world?? no Nigeria city is even in the top 20 best cities in Africa

You can argue that with me

This is Capetown!!

Those Cities are planned and built by the Whites. The Cities in SA are planned and built by whites with British, Germans and Americans background.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 10:46am On Jun 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

So that's where the thieving politicians live while over 60% of the population suffer?.. grin
those are small business men and artist and artiste residence.... There are big business men residence as well which we gave not touched at all. should we tell them where the thieving politicians live heck no I wouldn't pick their feather in the midst of SAs

Funny enough area like thus where the average and poor live are much more better than what I am seeing. Soweto looks like a village.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by delvzy(m): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2020
You do wonder what has come of the black race for a minute.
I for once think the south African government has made rooms for these where it citizen's attention is diverted to insulting foreigners and blaming them for Thier own misfortune.
I do for once want to visit South Africa but not with this I'm probably having a Rethink.
As for the Nigerian government I'm so highly disappointed in them.This should be a damning news that shouldn't be condoned by the system but what do I know even a snail got brains more than some of them.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 22, 2020
Lamanii22:

I wouldn't mind lol....
If I see slot and remembers after covid19 brouhaha wink... Na only essentials dey travel anyhow now cheesy
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Imustreturn(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Naah, trust me when I tell you Nigerians are warm and always quick to forget. You'd me surprised by how much people would like to become friends with you... it's a Nigerian thing, I know my people.
he doesn't know grin
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
South Africans are loving and open too, that's why we've been accomodating Africans from all the continent for many years.
accommodating them only to hack them to death.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by RaptorX: 10:52am On Jun 22, 2020
Posting pictures of Abuja doesn't represent the true situation of Nigeria. Let us stop deceiving ourselves, how many Nigerians can afford to live in Abuja proper.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Raydos: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2020
babaolofin:

Those Cities are planned and built by the Whites. The Cities in SA are planned and built by whites with British, Germans and Americans background.

Exactly, that's why it's superior to every nigerian city!! It's organized because it's planned by the Whites!!

That's what we need to replicate to Nigeria and Replan our Cities!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by seankafor(m): 10:56am On Jun 22, 2020
European and Asian cities are busy connecting railways and and bonding themselves together,
African cities are busy fighting over bragging rights..

You see why blacks are meant to stay at the bottom of the food chain?

How many times have you seen Arab afircan countries like morroco, Algeria, Egypt and the likes brag about who and who is not better..

But shitty nations like Ghana, Nigeria, south Africa and most black African are busy bragging about who is and who is not better...

Foolish sect of cretins embarassed

No wonder average black man wants to show off and ball on his fellow blacks who in their low esteem feels intimidated..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Sysdatek:

Lagos with all the IGR is so appalling
only few parts of Lagos are well maintained and its the areas with elites
take Ikoyi, Banana Island, VI and Ikeja

Which IGR? Most of the projects in Lagos is being financed by loans. Several years ago, DFID through Crown Agents UK carried out a consultancy job for LSBIR. The burden of Nigeria/West Africa Lagos carries is 90% more than the IGR. A one million dollar economy with one thousand organized people under control is richer than a thirty million economy with hundred thousand unorganized people without control. The second depicts Lagos situation. This is why Nigerians were driven out of Accra but government have to beg Ghanaian government. The Accra people said they don't want Lagos experience. Go away with your tax, let us plan our city and economy. Computer village is an example of burden of Lagos. Lagos prefer their being moved to Ogun State and lose the tax for orderliness, but they will shout marginalization.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Lamanii22(f): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

If I see slot and remembers after covid19 brouhaha wink... Na only essentials dey travel anyhow now cheesy

Okay thank you smiley
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2020
RaptorX:
Posting pictures of Abuja doesn't represent the true situation of Nigeria. Let us stop deceiving ourselves, how many Nigerians can afford to live in Abuja proper.
dont mind that Boom guy, he doesn't know naija leaders have even lost confidence and hope in the very country they are ruling! That is why you find them looting the hell out of the treasury without mercy to secure the future of their offspring. They will launder their loots to already developed countries for their selfish purposes.They never have the interest of their citizens at heart.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by jneutron4000: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2020
proeast:

The blame still goes to your government for being primitive minded. SA did not move all infrastructures and anything of worth to Johannesburg rather they wisely spread development across all its cities and regions. Look at Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth etc. each of them has almost what the others have and that is why they have millionaire cities of global standard. However, here in Nigeria, ethnocentrism made the Federal government to concentrate virtually everything in Lagos and lately Abuja too. That is why those two cities are choking on its own weight because 200 million people are forced to rely on them. That is madness!

People from the East shouldn't be coming to Lagos to clear goods at the seaports! They shouldn't be coming to Lagos to use the airport! They shouldn't be coming to Lagos for consular services! They shouldn't be coming to Lagos before they could access some government needs! Enugu Airport should be standardized to cater for international flight needs of the region! P.H, Calabar, and Onitsha ports should be made efficient to cater for sea freight needs of the region.

It is primitive and self destructive when all imports and exports are channeled through Lagos, and everything concentrated there. When other regions plead with the government to decentralize amenities and infrastructures across all regions, the same people from Lagos region will sabotage it. So you can't eat your cake and still have it. You gain by having over-bloated IGR and economy at the expense of others but you pay dearly by living miserably and that is what the law of cause and effects means because for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction to it.

DEAL WITH IT!!!
You are 100% right, but this very problem started immediately the Ibo suspended the regional government. I can tell you that i wish ports in Calabar and other part of SS can be functional so that we can have proper growth and development in Yoruba Land. mind you Yorubas will never kick against decentralization, because that is what we have being calling for, it is mostly the Ibos that are against restructuring.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
accommodating them only to hack them to death.
Read and read very well. we've been accommodating Africans from every corner of the continent for many many years, show me any African which has a number of African immigrant such as South Africa and maybe we can talk
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:10am On Jun 22, 2020
Raydos:

Exactly, that's why it's superior to every nigerian city!! It's organized because it's planned by the Whites!!

That's what we need to replicate to Nigeria and Replan our Cities!!
for something to be better than Nigerians it must have white input? smh..this forum hasn't changed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by RexTramadol1: 11:11am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Exactly what did your mom tell you about Joburg? You said she's been here before. Which parts of the city did she visit to think Abuja can compare?

STUNNING PICS on page 4

Sit down there make pant dey wear you
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:15am On Jun 22, 2020
babaolofin:

And yet the development in South Africa continues....new developments everywhere, new universities, hospitals, roads etc...ever thought who's responsible for that instead of always waxing lyrical about white people as if it's only them who can mix mortar and tar to build roads.? you guys keep passing the buck
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Lol... Sha no enter market grin cheesy
Small little boy has been BAN.. Hahahahaha
What should I buy you for lunch, little junior.
Hope you didnt pee on the bed last night. Hahahahaha
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2020
seankafor:
European and Asian cities are busy connecting railways and and bonding themselves together,
African cities are busy fighting over bragging rights..

You see why blacks are meant to stay at the bottom of the food chain?

How many times have you seen Arab afircan countries like morroco, Algeria, Egypt and the likes brag about who and who is not better..

But shitty nations like Ghana, Nigeria, south Africa and most black African are busy bragging about who is and who is not better...

Foolish sect of cretins embarassed

No wonder average black man wants to show off and ball on his fellow blacks who in their low esteem feels intimidated..
Oh my guy please spare us, please spare us with this 'black inferiority' you guys have going over there, this thing of bragging rights is everywhere between the Croats and the Serbs, the Thai and the Malaysians, the Indians and the Pakistanis etc it's human nature

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2020
Anybody comparing jo burg with Lagos is a fool... and needs to be shot dead ... Lagos is a shithole... no light.. flood... dirtiness.. stench... ugly people everywhere... poor security...traffic... depression suicide....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by King44(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2020
LeSudAfricaine:
Read and read very well. we've been accommodating Africans from every corner of the continent for many many years, show me any African which has a number of African immigrant such as South Africa and maybe we can talk
what is your . you still hack them to death at the end.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by Adeyeyeaki(m): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Exactly what did your mom tell you about Joburg? You said she's been here before. Which parts of the city did she visit to think Abuja can compare?

STUNNING PICS on page 4
One of the thing we didn't realize is that SA is what it is today because of the white and colored that are there. I spent three weeks in Cape town and really it is cool but my take is what is still making them to have value is blacks are not 100% in control like here in Nigeria. My option.
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by LeSudAfricaine: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
Are you sure? we have many many immigrants here including your own who still refuse to leave, surely if we were so murderous everyone would have left by now don't you think? use logic not emotions and sentiment
Re: Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
lol they arehacking the ones that are determined and are hell-bent in trying to turn SA into a shithole like LAG (as depicted by the OP)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / Which Country Can I Migrate To With 3.5M?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.