Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:31 PM

I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion (427 Views)

A Month Of Reformation & Redefinition, Ramadan Is Here. Are You Ready? / Ramadan Is Here - A Month Of Reformation & Redefinition. Are You Ready? / Even Perfection Erodes With Time. Islam Needs Reformation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
Yes, Muhammad indeed fought for revolution during the Arabian polytheistic era and Islam was replaced as reformation of the previous Religion.

Many polytheistic practice exist in Islam today, Muhammad may have destroyed many ancient records/text of the Arabia polytheists as he did when he destroyed their idols, if he can destroy 300+ idols what makes him not destroy their ancient texts? Or maybe they don't really keep records but I doubt as Arabs are known to writes poems.

This gives many debates and difficulties for historians or history scholars to know the true history before Islam, the records are little, most of the claims of the pre-islamic society are found in the Qur'an and Hadiths and not independent from it, there are no archaeological evidence to confirm many of those claims.

My point is the Qur'an and Hadiths claims of the pre-Islamic Arab society may not even be true and Muhammad and his followers may have done this to reform/reconstruct the society.

What do you think?
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:
Yes, Muhammad indeed fought for revolution during the Arabian polytheistic era and Islam was replaced as reformation of the previous Religion.

Many polytheistic practice exist in Islam today, Muhammad may have destroyed many ancient records/text of the Arabia polytheists as he did when he destroyed their idols, if he can destroy 300+ idols what makes him not destroy their ancient texts? Or maybe they don't really keep records but I doubt as Arabs are known to writes poems.

This gives many debates and difficulties for historians or history scholars to know the true history before Islam, the records are little, most of the claims of the pre-islamic society are found in the Qur'an and Hadiths and not independent from it, there are no archaeological evidence to confirm many of those claims.

My point is the Qur'an and Hadiths claims of the pre-Islamic Arab society may not even be true and Muhammad and his followers may have done this to reform/reconstruct the society.

What do you think?

You dont "think" & just guess in Science and Logic..
You state facts and theories with backed up verifiable evidencies.....
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

You dont "think" & just guess in Science and Logic..
You state facts and theories with backed up verifiable evidencies.....

This is a discussion thread open for opinions.

If you have evidences kindly provide or state your opinions.
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

This is a discussion thread open for opinions.

If you have evidences kindly provide or state your opinions.

Your response hence, makes your post irrelevant because you never started with any sort of evidence in the first instance.
Public forum is not meant for posting unconfirmed statements from unconfirmed sources.

Dont land in jail
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Your response hence, makes your post irrelevant because you never started with any sort of evidence in the first instance.
Public forum is not meant for posting unconfirmed statements from unconfirmed sources.

Dont land in jail

You can clearly see "I think" In the topic and also "what do you think" in the end.

Do you have problem with a discussion thread where people share their opinions?
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

You can clearly see "I think" In the topic and also "what do you think" in the end.

Do you have problem with a discussion thread where people share their opinions?

Ok then, dont find this offensive;

"I think YOU are MAD, what do you think?"
"I think you are an Idiot, what do you think?

Lesson; This is a public forum, your demeaning and catastrophic thoughts especially that is targetted at undermining others should be carefully vomitted.
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Infact,

I think your father didnt train you well, what do you think?
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Ok then, dont find this offensive;

"I think YOU are MAD, what do you think?"
"I think you are an Idiot, what do you think?

Lesson; This is a public forum, your demeaning and catastrophic thoughts especially that is targetted at undermining others should be carefully vomitted.

How does this have anything to do with the topic? cheesy

You just want to insult me. Ad hominem grin
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
Infact,

I think your father didnt train you well, what do you think?

Ad hominem. grin
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

Ad hominem. grin

Pele....i know it hurts, indeed u felt the pain grin grin grin

Next time, Dont post gibberish and claim "I think"......"What do you think"
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Pele....i know it hurts, indeed u felt the pain grin grin grin

Next time, Dont post gibberish and claim "I think"......"What do you think"

You obviously lack reasoning. grin

So if your boss brought up a topic and ask for your opinion or what you think about the topic, you response will be "you're mad"? cheesy
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

You obviously lack reasoning. grin

So if your boss brought up a topic and ask for your opinion or what you think about the topic, you response will be "you're mad"? cheesy

If your own boss or FATHER brought up an unrealistic topic saying " I think DANFO can fly"
you deserve to tell him "I think TVs can fly too"

stunted brains stinks
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

If your own boss or FATHER brought up an unrealistic topic saying " I think DANFO can fly"
you deserve to tell him "I think TVs can fly too"

stunted brains stinks

Nah, I would give my opinion since he asked for my opinion base on the topic not start insulting him(That's ad hominem fallacy).
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
i never insulted you bro.
I only gave an opinion grin

The truth is, Posting unconfirmed/unverifiable/baseless "thoughts" on other peoples beliefs/lifestyle without cognitive evidences is uncivil.
Learn that !
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
i never insulted you bro.
I only gave an opinion grin

The truth is, Posting unconfirmed/unverifiable/baseless "thoughts" on other peoples beliefs/lifestyle without cognitive evidences is uncivil.
Learn that !

Opinions or thoughts doesn't have to come with evidence, it's about sharing knowledge. Evidence is plausible.

So if you've any good evidence, present them or give us your thoughts. Haba, does everything have to do with conflicts.
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by LabuleofNigeria: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

Opinions or thoughts doesn't have to come with evidence, it's about sharing knowledge. Evidence is plausible.

So if you've any good evidence, present them or give us your thoughts. Haba, does everything have to do with conflicts.

Opinions/thougths doesnt have to come with evidence, Its knowledge sharing. Good/Correct!
Opinions/thoughts that seems derogatory to others has to be carefully selected and should come with evidences

My Opinion sounded like Insults to you ONLY because its derogatory to your personality
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Opinions/thougths doesnt have to come with evidence, Its knowledge sharing. Good/Correct!
Opinions/thoughts that seems derogatory to others has to be carefully selected and should come with evidences

My Opinion sounded like Insults to you ONLY because its derogatory to your personality

Ok.
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by tintingz(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
I don't understand how my topic sound derogatory when I used "I think" and " what do you think".

You're just finding every means to make this thread about conflicts which is not the intention.
Re: I Think Islam Was A Reformation Of The Pre-islamic Religion by true2god: 7:50am On Jun 23, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Dont land in jail
Why the threat with jail? Make your point without threat or blackmail.

(1) (Reply)

Sunna For Life / Jumaah Reminder / Lessons From A Moment Of Seriousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.