Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? (32525 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Have you lost a very good relationship because of incompatible Genotype?

What was your experience and how did you move on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nope, i'm used to asking at the begining.

60 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Nope, i'm used to asking at the begining.
Very good

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
No, because I'm AA. I only care about your Rhesus factor and your 'past'.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
Story of my life.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Twoclans(f): 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
I am AA but I had to run away from a relationship because his pressure to get married was too much and I felt it was because I was the first AA serious relationship he has ever had.

I did not want to be with someone just because I have the right genotype he wanted.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acidosis:

So how do you ask a potential their rhesus factor seeing that not everyone knows anything like that?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
I think we have more of AS than others, I wonder why, I'm AA though, never lost a relationship because of genotype.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by lilmax(m): 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2020
In my years of dating it never came up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acidosis:

it's not adviceable for a rh+ male to marry rh- female. Foetus will keep dying.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acidosis:

Lucky you
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ishilove:
Story of my life.

It is well

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
Biglittlelois:
I think we have more of AS than others, I wonder why, I'm AA though, never lost a relationship because of genotype.

I don't think so. I think AA are more....

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
Acidosis:

RoyalRoy, this may interest you....
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
HembaqMbk:

I don't think so. I think AA are more....

Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Acidosis(m): 1:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Biglittlelois:

So how do you ask a potential their rhesus factor seeing that not everyone knows anything like that?

That's why a medical test is important o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Acidosis(m): 1:24am On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:

Not exactly true o. For a Rhesus -ve woman, all she needs is a rhogam injection if she gets pregnant for a Rhesus +ve man but previous abortion of a +ve foetus (without the injection) could complicate the whole thing.

91 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

Not exactly true o. For a Rhesus -ve woman, all she needs is a rhodam injection if she gets pregnant for a Rhesus +ve man but previous abortion of a +ve foetus (without the injection) could complicate the whole thing.
haba!!! What are you guys even discussing? Which is is Rhesus ontop the matter again? Never heard of this. Is this a factor to consider before marriage?? embarassed

Foetus dying!! This one shock me

83 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Carchoice:
haba!!! What are you guys even discussing? Which is is Rhesus ontop the matter again? Never heard of this. Is this a factor to consider before marriage?? embarassed

Foetus dying!! This one shock me

Meet a gynaecologist for more information

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by rxmusa(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2020
My wedding was cancelled 5 weeks to the day because of genotype. It wasn't easy to accept it but still I moved on
==========
I did genotype about 9yrs ago, I was given AA result. Based on that, I got engaged to my intending partner who's AS. It was even mere coincidence that made me did it again and discovered I was AS. I did it again 5 times in 5 different places but still AS, meaning the first result was wrong. We had to call off the wedding despite the insistence of my in-laws and my fiancé on going ahead. We told them we believe in destiny and fate but we can't go ahead with the marriage. They were angry but later reasoned with us

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2020
rxmusa:
My wedding was cancelled 5 weeks to the day because of genotype. It wasn't easy to accept it but still I moved on

So painful... Better you moved on

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I don't even understand this Rhesus factor of a thing. I know my Rhesus factor but I don't know it affects me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
What of rh-d? When I did mine there was no negative or positive sign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2020
rxmusa:
Better cancellation than SS problem. I lost my cousin to sickle cell at age 14, and I have another cousin, a 20 year old SS boy whose medical needs have almost wrecked his father to the extent he is going around looking for who to beg money for medicine from as we are about to enter rainy season. His dad, my mum's younger brother told my mum that mosquito must not bite the boy otherwise he would have a crisis.

The pains of having a sickle cell child is better imagined than experienced.

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Better cancellation than SS problem. I lost my cousin to sickle cell at age 14, and I have another cousin, a 20 year old SS boy whose medical needs have almost wrecked his father to the extent he is going around looking for who to beg money for medicine as we are about to enter rainy season. His dad, my mum's younger brother told my mum that mosquito must not bite the boy otherwise he would have a crisis.

The pains of having a sickle cell child is better imagined than experienced.

Don't allow love blind your eyes... Don't bring innocent children to this world to suffer them...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

What of rh-d? When I did mine there was no negative or positive sign.
i dont get u fully. However, u are either positive or negative.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
i dont get u fully. However, u are either positive or negative.
My rhesus factor is D. They didn't say if I am positive or negative.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 10:47am On Jun 22, 2020
HembaqMbk:

Don't allow love blind your eyes... Don't bring innocent children to this world to suffer them...
My own love is wearing Hubble telescope. A ni resu.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

My own love is wearing Hubble telescope. A ni resu.

Better oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

Not exactly true o. For a Rhesus -ve woman, all she needs is a rhodam injection if she gets pregnant for a Rhesus +ve man but previous abortion of a +ve foetus (without the injection) could complicate the whole thing.
U mean rhoGAM? Is rhoGAM injection 100% assurance irrespective of abortion? Besides, most women who need it cant afford it.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 11:07am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

My rhesus factor is D. They didn't say if I am positive or negative.
nothing like D. From ur first post (rh-d), i think u are negative. Rh factor tests are tests carried out to ascertain if ur blood stream contains rhesus protein. If its present (+), absent (-). Though, im not a med practitional but would soon be, i'll advice u go visit one and get the details or google it.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
nothing like D. From ur first post (rh-d), i think u are negative. Rh factor tests are tests carried out to ascertain if ur blood stream contains rhesus protein. If its present (+), absent (-). Though, im not a med practitional but would soon be, i'll advice u go visit one and get the details or google it.
The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Divorces Husband Over Weak Erection / Woman Reveals How She Dashed Her Husband N500k And What He Did With It / Lady Searching For A Husband For Her Widowed Mother On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.