Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? (32514 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 11:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o
if it's still convenient & possible for u, i advice u go back to the lab/hospital for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by GODSMILEFOREVER: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Please go back there let them explain it to you

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

https://www.quora.com/Can-an-A-positive-blood-group-girl-marry-an-O-negative-blood-group-boy

Can an A positive blood group girl marry an O negative blood group boy?

I am puzzled as to why this sort of question keeps turning up again and again. I get the uncomfortable feeling that there is a rumour floating around i the lay population to the effect that certain blood groups can’t / shouldn’t marry. Basically this is rubbish. In most countries there is no requirement for couples to have blood group tests done before marriage - certainly not required in the UK, Australia & most of Europe. Don’t know about North America.

Regardless of the couples respective blood groups there aren’t problems; there are relative potential problems, however, the mothers blood group will be checked at the beginning of her pregnancy. If the mother is Rhesus D negative then they will want to know the babies blood group when it is born. That’s easy as a small sample (5ml) of cord blood will be taken and if the baby is Rhesus D positive, then the mother will be given an injection of anti-D antibodies to kill off any foetal cells that crossed into the mother at confinement. This will stop the mother developing anti-D antibodies that may be a problem in future pregnancies.

We have known about this for 50 years so it is a matter of routine.

If you have a negative blood type and the father of your child has a positive blood type, there is a good chance the baby you carry will also have a positive blood type. This can lead to some complications during pregnancy, but they are completely preventable.

First off, what do positive and negative blood types mean? If you have a blood type like O+ or A+, that means you are Rh positive. Your red blood cells have the Rh protein on their covering. If you are Rh negative, your cells don't have this protein. Because your body doesn't have the Rh factor in its cells, your immune system will consider this protein a threat.

During pregnancy, your blood and your growing fetus's blood are kept separate during the pregnancy. However, during delivery, your baby's blood can mix with your own. If you are Rh negative and the baby is Rh positive, your immune system will start to build up antibodies against the “invading” Rh factor. This is called Rh sensitization[1].

Rh sensitization won't cause any harm to the baby you just delivered. However, if you get pregnant again with another Rh-positive baby, it may cause issues. Because your immune system is on high alert for that Rh protein, your immune system can start attacking the fetus's blood cells. This causes health problems in the fetus, and tends to get worse every pregnancy[2].

Fortunately, science has your back. If you are pregnant and have a negative blood type, your doctor will give you a drug called RhoGAM around the start of your third trimester. This drug prevents Rh sensitization in most women who use it[3]. Your doctor may also check to see if you have Rh sensitization from a previous pregnancy in a first-trimester blood test.

As long as your doctor knows about the possible Rh conflict, he or she can manage it very well. Don't let it bother you!

49 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ishilove: 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
HembaqMbk:

https://www.quora.com/Can-an-A-positive-blood-group-girl-marry-an-O-negative-blood-group-boy

I am puzzled as to why this sort of question keeps turning up again and again. I get the uncomfortable feeling that there is a rumour floating around i the lay population to the effect that certain blood groups can’t / shouldn’t marry. Basically this is rubbish. In most countries there is no requirement for couples to have blood group tests done before marriage - certainly not required in the UK, Australia & most of Europe. Don’t know about North America.

Regardless of the couples respective blood groups there aren’t problems; there are relative potential problems, however, the mothers blood group will be checked at the beginning of her pregnancy. If the mother is Rhesus D negative then they will want to know the babies blood group when it is born. That’s easy as a small sample (5ml) of cord blood will be taken and if the baby is Rhesus D positive, then the mother will be given an injection of anti-D antibodies to kill off any foetal cells that crossed into the mother at confinement. This will stop the mother developing anti-D antibodies that may be a problem in future pregnancies.

If you have a negative blood type and the father of your child has a positive blood type, there is a good chance the baby you carry will also have a positive blood type. This can lead to some complications during pregnancy, but they are completely preventable.

First off, what do positive and negative blood types mean? If you have a blood type like O+ or A+, that means you are Rh positive. Your red blood cells have the Rh protein on their covering. If you are Rh negative, your cells don't have this protein. Because your body doesn't have the Rh factor in its cells, your immune system will consider this protein a threat.

During pregnancy, your blood and your growing fetus's blood are kept separate during the pregnancy. However, during delivery, your baby's blood can mix with your own. If you are Rh negative and the baby is Rh positive, your immune system will start to build up antibodies against the “invading” Rh factor. This is called Rh sensitization[1].

Rh sensitization won't cause any harm to the baby you just delivered. However, if you get pregnant again with another Rh-positive baby, it may cause issues. Because your immune system is on high alert for that Rh protein, your immune system can start attacking the fetus's blood cells. This causes health problems in the fetus, and tends to get worse every pregnancy[2].

Fortunately, science has your back. If you are pregnant and have a negative blood type, your doctor will give you a drug called RhoGAM around the start of your third trimester. This drug prevents Rh sensitization in most women who use it[3]. Your doctor may also check to see if you have Rh sensitization from a previous pregnancy in a first-trimester blood test.

As long as your doctor knows about the possible Rh conflict, he or she can manage it very well. Don't let it bother you!

My eyes glazed over. I will leave Rhesus to the doctors

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

My eyes glazed over. I will leave Rhesus to the doctors

Lol... Better

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
On God �
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by famouscargo4u: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Twoclans:
I am AA but I had to run away from a relationship because his pressure to get married was too much and I felt it was because I was the first AA serious relationship he has ever had.

I did not want to be with someone just because I have the right genotype he wanted.

It is not a good excuse. Maybe you don't love or feel comfortable with him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by smartdigics: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Those individuals with AA genotypes are so lucky

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yes. I was told by my parents i was AA and i have never been hospitalized. Till one time i had to do test after excessive consumption of monsters energy. Babe say make i no tell anyone about the results which came out to be AS in 2 places. I knew she was evil and wicked

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sanemind2(m): 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yes oh
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by SocialJustice: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Have you lost a very good relationship because of incompatible Genotype?

What was your experience and how did you move on?
Many, gotten used to it.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by chloride6: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
it's not adviceable for a rh+ male to marry rh- female. Foetus will keep dying.

Lmao..this is half info...
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
what the hell is rehsus or what are those people discussing over there. someone enlighten me
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by pocohantas(f): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
Twoclans:
I am AA but I had to run away from a relationship because his pressure to get married was too much and I felt it was because I was the first AA serious relationship he has ever had.

I did not want to be with someone just because I have the right genotype he wanted.

Don’t blame them. Getting a good partner is hard, now adding another variable (genotype) makes it harder. I understand you though. The way they quickly ask could be “scary”.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by tabithaola(f): 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
and

That's not true dear. You only need to find out early enough so as to take Rhogam injection at every delivery and at each sentisization whether through delivery or abortion. The 8njection presently goes for 35k. Once that's done, there's no cause for alarm. ***Experienced****

19 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
Many, gotten used to it.

It is better to ask before going into any

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Murketeer: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Yeah ..although it seems Rh - men are more in the population
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Hahjascho(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
My view: Before ascertaining the fact that a given genotype belongs to you or not..try performing the test in two or more hospitals and check for precision.

And for clarifications on any rhesus factor being positive or not, Google is your friend. Go there and satisfy your curiosity.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sugah: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

No, because I'm AA. I only care about your Rhesus factor and your 'past'.
Rhesus factor shouldn't be a deal breaker cos the Rhogam injection will forestall any problems

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

Not exactly true o. For a Rhesus -ve woman, all she needs is a rhogam injection if she gets pregnant for a Rhesus +ve man but previous abortion of a +ve foetus (without the injection) could complicate the whole thing.
You are very much at alert on situation on ground.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by asobo: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
Carchoice:
haba!!! What are you guys even discussing? Which is is Rhesus ontop the matter again? Never heard of this. Is this a factor to consider before marriage?? embarassed

Foetus dying!! This one shock me
Read up online. It's very important.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
tabithaola:
and

That's not true dear. You only need to find out early enough so as to take Rhogam injection at every delivery and at each sentisization whether through delivery or abortion. The 8njection presently goes for 35k. Once that's done, there's no cause for alarm. ***Experienced****
sensitization and finance are two important factors in this regards. Many people dont know about it and some of those that know, dont have money.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Murketeer:

Yeah ..although it seems Rh - men are more in the population
yes, and thats why nobody seems bothered.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by kaymart: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Nope...
The other way round.
Rhesus is not a big deal in today's world.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sugah: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
U mean rhoGAM? Is rhoGAM injection 100% assurance irrespective of abortion? Besides, most women who need it cant afford it.
Apart from the cases of previous abortion without the injection, the injection is effective. It's less than 30k for the injection.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

What of rh-d? When I did mine there was no negative or positive sign.

If there was no sign, please run back to the lab and collect your money. The idea of rhesus is to know the letter and the sign
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Davico(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Blood group A
Rhesus D positive.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by babtoundey(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yeah. Painful though
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by symplyrachel(f): 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Not bothered...

AA
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by MrPaul2: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

Not exactly true o. For a Rhesus -ve woman, all she needs is a rhogam injection if she gets pregnant for a Rhesus +ve man but previous abortion of a +ve foetus (without the injection) could complicate the whole thing.
What's the remedy
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by kaymart: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
HembaqMbk:

Explicit....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

South African Dad Throws His Baby To Prevent His Building From Being Demolished / ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage / Woman Divorces Husband Over Weak Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.