Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? (32337 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Pavillon:

Thank you for this elaborate explanation.

You welcome sir
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
The + on your blood group A+ meant you are Rhesus positive.
Ishilove:

The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by osazsky(m): 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yes..though it wasn't easy but I made the right decision.. it was difficult for both of us..I managed to move on but she couldnt...its over 12 years she has not yet gotten married...guys keep coming she keeps rejecting them.it affected her psychologically.it takes the grace of God to move on..but pls think of ur children they will nerver forgive..to them u were selfish ..sickle cell is not a good thing..rest on ayo ...my very good neighbour she died a horrible death as we watched but couldnt do much..live to remember ayo...2008

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Angelacruz: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Google is ur bestie
Sunisonflex39:
what the hell is rehsus or what are those people discussing over there. someone enlighten me
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
I'm B RhD+ve with AA genotype.

Wifey is O RhD-ve with AS genotype.

We had our daughter in 2018 and I paid and booked for the Rhogam Anti-D injection two months to the DD cos it must be given not later than 72 hours after delivery.

It cost 35k as at then.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by oudesmond(m): 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dis genotype tin is a big problem. It actually separated me n d love of my life. Though d fault was hers. Cos I kip telling ha to check. But she kip procrastinating. She said everyone in ha house is AA. N she is big in side thinking she can't b a carrier. We be been dating for four years na. N she has invested so much in d relationship. I pray I find a woman like ha. I will for ever miss u ma love

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by ojun50(m): 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
No, I have God sent
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Sanishu: 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bleep 2 times
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Saintmary(f): 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Aston02:
T
Awwn. So sorry. May God send you your own missing rib.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

My rhesus factor is D. They didn't say if I am positive or negative.
If you have the D Antigen, u are positive then.

The issues are for the those who lacks the D and are said to be negative.. If they marry a man who is positive and get pregnant, chances of the foetus to be positive is higher... This will cause complications for the negative rhesus pregnant lady if not handled by professionals.

This rhesus thing has made so many couples to either have one child or non.

Dr counselling is required before marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Angelacruz: 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
Protein is present in ur blood.Ur partner shld be tve,if she is negative let her take rhogam injection immediately she takes in.Cheers!
Davico:

Blood group A
Rhesus D positive.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by MasterJD(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
No, am AA so am compatible for anything, still searching with open-mind.��
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Yeminace(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
I lost plenty good relationship....they always lie about their own I mean girls. With time I found out, so painfullllll
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

I don't even understand this Rhesus factor of a thing. I know my Rhesus factor but I don't know it affects me.
The Rhesus factor, or Rh factor, is a certain type of protein found on the outside of blood cells. People are either Rh-positive (they have the protein) or Rh-negative (they do not have the protein). This distinction mostly matters when you are Rh-negative and your child is Rh-positive.

This protein does not affect your overall health, but it is important to know your Rh status if you are pregnant. Rh factor can cause complications during pregnancy if you are Rh-negative and your child is Rh-positive.

Rh incompatibility occurs when a woman who is Rh-negative becomes pregnant with a baby with Rh-positive blood. With Rh incompatibility, the woman’s immune system reacts and creates Rh antibodies. These antibodies help drive an immune system attack against the baby, which the mother’s body views as a foreign object.

Antibody formation can happen after blood transfusions or when fetal blood enters the mother’s circulation:

Early pregnancy complications such as *miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, or terminations
*Injury to the stomach area during pregnancy
Bleeding during pregnancy
*Tests that require cells or fluids to be withdrawn from a pregnant woman (like amniocentesis and chorus villus sampling)
*Delivery of a baby (either vaginal or cesarean)

A woman who is Rh-negative is at risk for Rh incompatibility when she becomes pregnant. Rh incompatibility happens only when the father of the baby is Rh-positive. Doctors do not routinely test men’s Rh status. Instead, expectant parents discuss their individual status with their doctor.

A difference in blood type between a pregnant woman and her child causes Rh incompatibility. Children may be Rh-positive if they inherit the protein from their father, even if their mother is Rh-negative.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sugah: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Truth is, there's a way out for both AS partners to marry without having SS babies but it's both emotionally and financially draining.
I know a couple who's gone through it but I don't think they'd wish same for their enemies.

They did invitro genetic testing and had to abort the foetus each time the result is SS

But there's also the option of IVF with Genetic testing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Rexology: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
AA is good oooh...but pray never to find AA in devil as a partner,you may not remember his or her genotype again.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Angelacruz: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Rhogam injection.Try n knw ur partner's rehsus factor.Cheers
MrPaul2:

What's the remedy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Mariangeles(f): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bola146:
Yes! Shina my first love cry . This genotype is really affecting me seriously. I could have gotten married last year, I wept bitterly when he told me he is AS. I'm really tired sad
Pele my dear

Trust me, someone who compliments you perfectly will come.
There are so many good men out there.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Disclaimer: This is my opinion. I'm not a doctor but I know friends who have done this with great and healthy kids. Home and abroad, but mostly abroad.

SEE A DOCTOR.

The world has advanced medically and technologically, IF you can afford it and have access to world class medical services. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, THEN PLEASE BY ALL MEANS, GO YOUR SEPARATE WAYS.

Read about IVF, CVS and PGD

A small excerpt:

"Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis PGT-M (PGD) allows genetic analysis of an early embryo, before it is transferred into the uterus. PGT-M (PGD) is similar to other invasive prenatal screening tests, such as amniocentesis and chorionic vilus sampling (CVS), except it is done prior to implantation. Therefore, the information one gains from the test can be used to determine which embryo(s) to put into the uterus."

Doctors on the thread can shed more light.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o
I didn't even see this before replying earlier post, u are positive in the rhesus thing.

D is the antigen, u have it.

Those who lack D are A-

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
semid4lyfe:
I'm B RhD+ve with AA genotype.

Wifey is O RhD-ve with AS genotype.

We had our daughter in 2018 and I paid and booked for the Rhogam Anti-D injection two months to the DD cos it must be given not later than 72 hours after delivery.

It cost 35k as at then.

Will this Rhogam be administered after each delivery?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by creamylicious(f): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
I am still nursing my own loss.. like what do I tell my colleagues who saw me glowing in love and are expectantly waiting for the wedding?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Aston02(m): 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Saintmary:

Awwn. So sorry. May God send you your own missing rib.

Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by rxmusa(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
hybridblood07:
It's advisable to ask your partner about his or her genotype from the beginning. I think the genotype cause a lot of issue in the modern society
I did genotype about 9yrs ago, I was given AA result. Based on that, I got engaged to my intending partner who's AS. It was even mere coincidence that made me did it again and discover I was AS. I did it again 5 times in 5 different places but still AS, meaning the first result was wrong. We had to call off the wedding despite the insistence of my in-laws and my fiancé on going ahead. We told them we believe in destiny and fate but we can't go ahead with the marriage. They were angry but later reasoned with us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Mariangeles(f): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
To be honest, there's this thrill about being in a relationship that's not possible.... cheesy grin

AAs will never relate grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by rumaabk(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
I have lost three (3) girl friends due toy AS genotype. After trying I married the 4th who was AA.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by HembaqMbk: 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bibyken:

The Rhesus factor, or Rh factor, is a certain type of protein found on the outside of blood cells. People are either Rh-positive (they have the protein) or Rh-negative (they do not have the protein). This distinction mostly matters when you are Rh-negative and your child is Rh-positive.

This protein does not affect your overall health, but it is important to know your Rh status if you are pregnant. Rh factor can cause complications during pregnancy if you are Rh-negative and your child is Rh-positive.

Rh incompatibility occurs when a woman who is Rh-negative becomes pregnant with a baby with Rh-positive blood. With Rh incompatibility, the woman’s immune system reacts and creates Rh antibodies. These antibodies help drive an immune system attack against the baby, which the mother’s body views as a foreign object.

Antibody formation can happen after blood transfusions or when fetal blood enters the mother’s circulation:

Early pregnancy complications such as *miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, or terminations
*Injury to the stomach area during pregnancy
Bleeding during pregnancy
*Tests that require cells or fluids to be withdrawn from a pregnant woman (like amniocentesis and chorus villus sampling)
*Delivery of a baby (either vaginal or cesarean)

A woman who is Rh-negative is at risk for Rh incompatibility when she becomes pregnant. Rh incompatibility happens only when the father of the baby is Rh-positive. Doctors do not routinely test men’s Rh status. Instead, expectant parents discuss their individual status with their doctor.

A difference in blood type between a pregnant woman and her child causes Rh incompatibility. Children may be Rh-positive if they inherit the protein from their father, even if their mother is Rh-negative.

Thanks for the explanation.

Will there be need for Rhogam if the baby is Rh - Negative? If the baby's RH matches with that of the -ve mother.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Munzy14(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
zingywingy:
My best 3 relationships... And it happened consecutively.... I lost best girls just because I am not AA. They gave it a fight but I said no..ko possible

Once I jammed one AA like this, i married her in less than 6 months... Best decision ever. grin grin grin

#Story of my life..
grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Michelle55: 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yeah.. Wasn't funny but life goes on cos I can't kill myself over it. Its AA or nothing smiley
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lost the love of my life to it... I'm AC and she's AS... Worst year of my life... She was just perfect for me.

Had to cut things despite she not wanting to come to terms with me... She kept begging and fighting to change my mind but now we both know it was for the best.

Two years now and we obviously have not gotten over each other

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Mariangeles(f): 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
osazsky:
Yes..though it wasn't easy but I made the right decision.. it was difficult for both of us..I managed to move on but she couldnt...its over 12 years she has not yet gotten married...guys keep coming she keeps rejecting them.it affected her psychologically.it takes the grace of God to move on..but pls think of ur children they will nerver forgive..to them u were selfish ..sickle cell is not a good thing..rest on ayo ...my very good neighbour she died a horrible death as we watched but couldnt do much..live to remember ayo...2008
cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by JimBrown068(m): 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Acidosis:

Not exactly true o. For a Rhesus -ve woman, all she needs is a rhogam injection if she gets pregnant for a Rhesus +ve man but previous abortion of a +ve foetus (without the injection) could complicate the whole thing.

You are very correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? / Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.