Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? (32521 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? / My Wife Lied About Her Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 6:42am On Jun 23, 2020
dannie007:
Go and Educate yourself on this!! What you don't know try to ask! Don't mislead people!

do u read all my post, abi na this one block ur brain?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ezilady(f): 6:48am On Jun 23, 2020
Yes I have
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Slynation:

Asin ehh.... . With all my beards and years on earth, I'm just hearing about rhesus factor for the first time in my life... grin
na guy... learning still plenty o

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by perdollar(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Ishilove:
Your teacher in school needs to be jailed.
for wat kwa n
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by ellizy(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2020
I don’t even know my genotype
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by perdollar(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2020
FlordFlorez:
it's not adviceable for a rh+ male to marry rh- female. Foetus will keep dying.
it's either u r a native doctor or a med lab scientist
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Nairaballers94(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2020
Bola146:
Yes! Shina my first love cry . This genotype is really affecting me seriously. I could have gotten married last year, I wept bitterly when he told me he is AS. I'm really tired sad
Am AA and searching 07057718544
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by cameeeeel(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2020
Twoclans:
I am AA but I had to run away from a relationship because his pressure to get married was too much and I felt it was because I was the first AA serious relationship he has ever had.

I did not want to be with someone just because I have the right genotype he wanted.
I understand u don't enter a relationship out of pity... but only God knows when d guy go find an AA again... it's not easy outside there. u don't desperate to get married to a woman.. it will be used against u. pretend as if u don't care about institution of marriage even though u think of it every blessed day.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by joseph1832(m): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Bibyken:

The Rhesus factor, or Rh factor, is a certain type of protein found on the outside of blood cells. People are either Rh-positive (they have the protein) or Rh-negative (they do not have the protein). This distinction mostly matters when you are Rh-negative and your child is Rh-positive.

This protein does not affect your overall health, but it is important to know your Rh status if you are pregnant. Rh factor can cause complications during pregnancy if you are Rh-negative and your child is Rh-positive.

Rh incompatibility occurs when a woman who is Rh-negative becomes pregnant with a baby with Rh-positive blood. With Rh incompatibility, the woman’s immune system reacts and creates Rh antibodies. These antibodies help drive an immune system attack against the baby, which the mother’s body views as a foreign object.

Antibody formation can happen after blood transfusions or when fetal blood enters the mother’s circulation:

Early pregnancy complications such as *miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, or terminations
*Injury to the stomach area during pregnancy
Bleeding during pregnancy
*Tests that require cells or fluids to be withdrawn from a pregnant woman (like amniocentesis and chorus villus sampling)
*Delivery of a baby (either vaginal or cesarean)

A woman who is Rh-negative is at risk for Rh incompatibility when she becomes pregnant. Rh incompatibility happens only when the father of the baby is Rh-positive. Doctors do not routinely test men’s Rh status. Instead, expectant parents discuss their individual status with their doctor.

A difference in blood type between a pregnant woman and her child causes Rh incompatibility. Children may be Rh-positive if they inherit the protein from their father, even if their mother is Rh-negative.
pardon me, are you a medical doctor?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Rexology: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2020
People should think deeply before taking any life decision, your decision in life MUST not be consistent with popular opinion. Remember its YOUR life and nobody will live it for you.

I would NEVER leave AS in an Angel to marry AA in a Devil.
With AS in an Angel, my risk factor is 25%
With AA in a Devil, my risk factor is 101%.

When you finally marry AA in a Devil after leaving AS in an Angel, you might spend all your marital life in regret.(that is, if you would be alive to tell the story)

However, if you find AA in an Angel, blessed art thou!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Obakashdee(m): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2020
Ishilove:

The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o

Blood group is A the + means you are RhD +
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by VectorVee68(m): 7:36am On Jun 23, 2020
FlordFlorez:
it's not adviceable for a rh+ male to marry rh- female. Foetus will keep dying.

Please she'd more light on this for me sir, does it mean an rh+ male can only marry rh+ female and rh- male marry rh-female?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 7:45am On Jun 23, 2020
perdollar:
it's either u r a native doctor or a med lab scientist
lolz! I never claimed to be any. Now, who are u?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by ussy09(m): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2020
rxmusa:
My wedding was cancelled 5 weeks to the day because of genotype. It wasn't easy to accept it but still I moved on
==========
I did genotype about 9yrs ago, I was given AA result. Based on that, I got engaged to my intending partner who's AS. It was even mere coincidence that made me did it again and discovered I was AS. I did it again 5 times in 5 different places but still AS, meaning the first result was wrong. We had to call off the wedding despite the insistence of my in-laws and my fiancé on going ahead. We told them we believe in destiny and fate but we can't go ahead with the marriage. They were angry but later reasoned with us

This one wer no b fight separate una any time una meet na to kwash clean mouth on a steady level

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by FlordFlorez(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2020
VectorVee68:

Please she'd more light on this for me sir, does it mean an rh+ male can only marry rh+ female and rh- male marry rh-female?
google it or go visit a med practitional. Im just a student.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by gbemishile: 7:53am On Jun 23, 2020
I no dey bother cus I be AA
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 7:53am On Jun 23, 2020
No. I'm a microbiologist.
joseph1832:
pardon me, are you a medical doctor?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2020
No.
HembaqMbk:

Thanks for the explanation.

Will there be need for Rhogam if the baby is Rh - Negative? If the baby's RH matches with that of the -ve mother.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2020
VectorVee68:

Rh+ man can marry Rh- woman. If the woman gets pregnant and the foetus she is carrying is Rh+, all she needs is Rhogam injections after giving birth.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 8:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Thank you for this very detailed explanation. It all makes sense now. What if the father is Rh negative?
No problems at all.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Bibyken(f): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Bibyken has explained it to me. Apparently it is a good thing grin. I asked her what happens if the father of the child is Rh negative.
its actually a good thing because you don't have anything to worry about.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by perdollar(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2020
FlordFlorez:
lolz! I never claimed to be any. Now, who are u?
a native doctor
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by aishatmusah(f): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Better cancellation than SS problem. I lost my cousin to sickle cell at age 14, and I have another cousin, a 20 year old SS boy whose medical needs have almost wrecked his father to the extent he is going around looking for who to beg money for medicine from as we are about to enter rainy season. His dad, my mum's younger brother told my mum that mosquito must not bite the boy otherwise he would have a crisis.

The pains of having a sickle cell child is better imagined than experienced.

I have dated one SS before (was blinded by love tho), it wasn't easy ooo ...During rainy season, lots of complications set in, he get stiff sometimes that i have to spend up to 2hrs massaging him with hot waters. The last one that happened before i broke up with him was him passing out, i swear i av never been that scared in my life, luckily his twin brother and mum was at home, if not, only GOD knows who would av bear me witness if he had died that day.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by ubcandid(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2020
oluangelkay:
Yeah and I never stopped regretting it. We both are AS, we agreed to get married after my graduation. I came back from NYSC while he insist on coming for my introduction not withstanding my health situation at that time. It was then I realized that we both are AS, I refused to marry him. This guy practically worshipped the ground I stepped on. He refused to understand, I already have such a case, one of my aunt married AS, her kids are all sicklers. I can't punish my kids like that. Long story cut short, he is married now with 2kids, I am still here waiting and looking up to God. Though we are still friends, but I lost a good man and I doubt if I will ever fine a man that will love me like him.

Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Ogoo23(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2020
It means , U re Blood group A, Rhesus D positive cos A+= A Rhesus D positive.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by OdenKelechi(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2020
Yes
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by murmee: 8:25am On Jun 23, 2020
Twoclans:
I am AA but I had to run away from a relationship because his pressure to get married was too much and I felt it was because I was the first AA serious relationship he has ever had.

I did not want to be with someone just because I have the right genotype he wanted.
Beautiful!
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by OkoAnike(m): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2020
Ishilove:

Better cancellation than SS problem. I lost my cousin to sickle cell at age 14, and I have another cousin, a 20 year old SS boy whose medical needs have almost wrecked his father to the extent he is going around looking for who to beg money for medicine from as we are about to enter rainy season. His dad, my mum's younger brother told my mum that mosquito must not bite the boy otherwise he would have a crisis.

The pains of having a sickle cell child is better imagined than experienced.

Haemoglobin profiling test is key now, just doing a genotype test doesn't help anymore, if you are AA please go for HAEMOGLOBIN PROFILING TEST to be sure you are truly AA, to avoid the story of being AA and birthing SS

1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by sassiemyk: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2020
It is the most painful experience. You feel like nature just cheated u. You feel like nature gave another undue advantage over you. Like you have been unfairly treated. It can very devastating seriously.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by toluwa1(f): 9:22am On Jun 23, 2020
Genotype is a bitch!
Destroyer of relationship for novice ..... Respecter of no one

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by NevetsIbot(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2020
Munzy14:

The scars are usually deep, and very deep on the ladies especially.

Usually deeper on the ladies. I felt a lot of pity for her. Was just praying she wouldn't commit suicide cos she was mad in love.. Me too also sha..... Almost began to blame our parents.

I know what I'm saying when I say I can never find someone like Dolapo again..... E go better sha
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype? by Okpogo2020: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2020
[quote author=Ishilove post=90941918]
The test result was, and I quote-

Blood Group- A+
Rhesus- D

Na wetin I see for paper o[/quote. The above blood group shows your rhesus factor is POSITIVE. I don't understand what they mean by D. For the benefit of doubt you have to recheck it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Divorces Husband Over Weak Erection / Woman Reveals How She Dashed Her Husband N500k And What He Did With It / Lady Searching For A Husband For Her Widowed Mother On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.