Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike (14012 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2020
CzarChris:
I was thinking of this IPPIS thing the same way you where, until it really hit me. I happen to work in a university, ASUU rejected IPPIS to the latter and it's now clear why. when the FG forcibly paid us using IPPIS I saw my salary I almost burst into tears. All our agreements with the Federal government was thrown to the dogs. I for one was paid less 65k my initial salary. A professor who earns between 550k-650k now earns 345k. A professor o! After years of updating yourself, money spent on publishing journals, getting your PhD and spending over 20years of your life in the academia, you now earn 345k? When a professor in Uganda earns over a million naira monthly.
IPPIS is a scam, full blown scam.

PENGASSAN is reacting like this, because they saw what IPPIS did to the educational sector, they learnt from our blunder.

Mark my words, the level of brain drain that will occur in this country when this epidemic is over will be mind boggling.
So the government should be charged to court then if the salaries were just reduced

That should be in the Frontline

As long as that was the agreed salary from the beginning
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2020
kikero:

So how else.do.we fight ghostworkers and looters in the salary system.

Also, how about getting your Union to make changes to.ippis so that ASUU agreements are reflected.

The thing is , leakages and ghostworkers have been an issue in Nigeria for decades. And IPPIS, warts and all represents the first time an attempt is being made to stop all that.

We can't keep on affording corruption. Nigeria is not a rich nation, and looting is making it worse
The funny thing here is that the other university unions that joined IPPIS, presented their peculiarities to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation and to the office of the Director IPPIS, they both agreed to effect the peculiarities and allowances even printed a template of what their salaries would look like.
When the salaries were paid, our Yahoo Yahoo government, threw away the template they said they have agreed to and paid only the consolidated salary. Is this not scam? Let our government stop scamming their citizens, then corruption will die naturally
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 10:15am On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

So the government should be charged to court then if the salaries were just reduced

That should be in the Frontline

As long as that was the agreed salary from the beginning
Now you understand why other sectors that have not joined IPPIS are scared to join.
Take which government to which court? Who appointed the judges in the courts? Abeg, strike is the only tool available to workers in this country to get their rights.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 22, 2020
CzarChris:
The funny thing here is that the other university unions that joined IPPIS, presented their peculiarities to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation and to the office of the Director IPPIS, they both agreed to effect the peculiarities and allowances even printed a template of what their salaries would look like.
When the salaries were paid, our Yahoo Yahoo government, threw away the template they said they have agreed to and paid only the consolidated salary. Is this not scam? Let our government stop scamming their citizens, then corruption will die naturally

Yes then get your Union to fight for such, but let's not get rid of IPPIS.

Nigeria can't keep on affording ghostworkers annually.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Xano(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

There is really no serious defect in IPPIS to warrant the rejection. The major problem is that most people want to continue with the corrupt way of doing things. Most FG agencies who are yet to join the platform are getting more than their due salaries through illegal allowances and still shortchanging the government in terms of payment of taxes. IPPIS will automatically block all these leakages. That’s why they are waging serious war against the platform.

For you to write this, you are either definitely ignorant or chose to be. Ippis was built for civil servants. There salary scale is different from other workers. ASUU, SANU, among others have a good reason to go on strike.

By the way,there are ghost workers being paid via ippis
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Rilwayne001: 10:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Xano:

It appears you do not get your salary via ippis. Enquire to find out how much monthly deductions they deliberately remove from workers.

Those deductions, they do not return them to FG. Imagine where the money go to.

They've stated IPPIS is meant to weed out ghost workers as it's encompasses the specific information of federal government workers. How it deducts their salary, I don't know. Probably a propaganda to buy some pity from ignorant Nigerians to their fake struggle. Or is there something I'm missing?
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 10:20am On Jun 22, 2020
kikero:

Yes then get your Union to fight for such, but let's not get rid of IPPIS.

Nigeria can't keep on affording ghostworkers annually.

Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater
Are you aware of a video that trended a few months ago where a woman came forward that her aunty works for IPPIS and she just keyed in her account number and she receives salaries whenever federal workers are paid, she gets the credit alert and them remits an agreed amount back to her aunty who keyed in her name and details into the platform? Look corruption has eaten deep into our system in this country.

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by jeriwap(m): 10:24am On Jun 22, 2020
oyi1:
Beat A Nigerian Kid
Give The Kid 10naira
Ask The Kid Who Beat Him
He Will Point To Another Person
That's How Corruption Start grin

grin grin grin
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Joguns(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is an information Communications Technology (ICT) project initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll administration for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)

Many Nigerians are their own problem, they just look for any opportunity to cripple the economy

I don't understand, why are workers afraid of IPPIS

Cause the way I see it, this IPPIS will eliminate ghost workers and so many inconsistencies

I think those fuelling this crises are those at the top benefiting from the corrupt payment!!!

As long as you get your agreed salary, then what seems to be the problem

You are a liar. A propangandist for IPPIS. That is what you people always say at the beginning, '...eliminate, curtail ghost workers.' It's a lie and a deception. You end up 'amputating' people's salaries arbitrarily. You tax their Gross salaries instead of the Basic. You tax allowances inclusive and even stop peculiar ones. Stop misinforming the public.

Even the Pension and Housing Fund you have deducted from the Federal Tertiary Institutions, into which account have you deposited them now?

You that you are defending IPPIS, are you on it yourself? Is CBN, NNPC, INEC, FIRS, and NPA on it?

So do you want to say 'a ghost worker' cannot be added 'on top' right there in Abuja by someone in the IPPIS office? You people lack credibility, that is why Nigerian workers dislike you.
Let PENGASSAN join at their own peril.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Xano(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2020
Rilwayne001:

They've stated IPPIS is meant to weed out ghost workers as it's encompasses the specific information of federal government workers. How it deducts their salary, I don't know. Probably a propaganda to buy some pity from ignorant Nigerians to their fake struggle. Or is there something I'm missing?

The deductions are real. To follow due process or protocol to resolve the deductions, staff at ippis treat people's genuine letters through Busary unserious. Strike by ASUU, SANU, among others are necessary.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by seunmsg(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2020
Xano:

For you to write this, you are either definitely ignorant or chose to be. Ippis was built for civil servants. There salary scale is different from other workers. ASUU, SANU, among others have a good reason to go on strike.

By the way,there are ghost workers being paid via ippis

And to even think you called me ignorant! Smh.

Anyway, IPPIS was not developed for civil servant, it was designed to pay the salaries of all FG workers that receive salaries from the consolidated revenue funds.

Again, IPPIS was not designed to pay a particular salary scale, it is a very flexible payroll software that can accommodate different salary scales. There is no peculiarity that IPPIS can not accommodate. So you see, those rejecting it have no valid reason to do so other than the need to preserve the illegal allowances and underpayment of taxes that they currently enjoy.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by sinkhole: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Ayt27:
Let's look at this objectively...

What's the Defect in the IPPIS ? How can it be resolved ?

If this helps to rid ghost workers, shouldn't it be something that should be welcomed by all?

Defects:
1). It does not take into account allowances legally enjoyed by most ministries and mda.
2). If there is a problem, you may have to individually go to Abuja from wherever you are in Nigeria to have the problem resolved. On getting to Abuja your life will be made miserable by the staff of IPPIS, we all know how things are done here
ETC

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Xano(m): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2020
Joguns:

You are a liar. A propangandist for IPPIS. That is what you people always say at the beginning, '...eliminate, curtail ghost workers.' It's a lie and a deception. You end up 'amputating' people's salaries arbitrarily. You tax their Gross salaries instead of the Basic. You tax allowances inclusive and even stop peculiar ones. Stop misinforming the public.

Even the Pension and Housing Fund you have deducted from the Federal Tertiary Institutions, into which account have you deposited them now?

You that you are defending IPPIS, are you on it yourself? Is CBN, NNPC, INEC, FIRS, and NPA on it?

So do you want to say 'a ghost worker' cannot be added 'on top' right there in Abuja by someone in the IPPIS office? You people lack credibility, that is why Nigerian workers dislike you.
Let PENGASSAN join at their own peril.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Addme: 10:43am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Anyway, IPPIS was not developed for civil servant, it was designed to pay the salaries of all FG workers that receive salaries from the consolidated revenue funds.

Again, IPPIS was not designed to pay a particular salary scale, it is a very flexible payroll software that can accommodate different salary scales. There is no peculiarity that IPPIS can not accommodate. So you see, those rejecting it have no valid reason to do so other than the need to preserve the illegal allowances and underpayment of taxes that they currently enjoy.
God will continue to prosper the work of your hand and strengthen you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Alexpetra: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2020
9ja can never have Database with the way people are fighting against payment system so
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Then why did IPPIS agree to a template to pay FTIs and then renegade on the agreement and paid only consolidated salaries, totally removing allowances that there are agreed with the Federal Government in the 2009 Agreements, thereby throwing Nigerian tertiary education workers into the Stone age. IPPIS is a scam, simple.

The coming university strikes will be the mother of all strikes, PENGASSAN learnt from our perils, let no one judge them harshly.

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Xano(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Interesting
Ippis was developed during Obansajo's government. Ippis was developed to handle salaries of civil service comission.

Check the agreement Obasanjo government had with ASUU, SANU, etc, ippis platform was not develop to include it.

Taxes should be on salary, not allowances.

There are ghost workers paid via ippis.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by seunmsg(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2020
CzarChris:
Then why did IPPIS agree to a template to pay FTIs and then renegade on the agreement and paid only consolidated salaries, totally removing allowances that there are agreed with the Federal Government in the 2009 Agreements, thereby throwing Nigerian tertiary education workers into the Stone age. IPPIS is a scam, simple.

The coming university strikes will be the mother of all strikes, PENGASSAN learnt from our perils, let no one judge them harshly.

I can see emotional sentiments all over your post. See, remove the emotions and face the facts. Government agreed to pay all legitimate claims that are related to salaries. These claims are always contained in a circular usually issued by national salaries and wages commission.

If there is any claim related to salaries that is backed up by a circular and was excluded from what was paid to them, they should bring out the circular and it would be effected.

The salaries of university lecturers have been effectively migrated to IPPIS and there is nothing anybody can do about it again. If ASUU like they can go on strike for 10 years, they will still come back and be paid by IPPIS.

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by romenna: 11:15am On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is an information Communications Technology (ICT) project initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll administration for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)

Many Nigerians are their own problem, they just look for any opportunity to cripple the economy

Cause the way I see it, this IPPIS will eliminate ghost workers and so many inconsistencies

I think those fuelling this crises are those at the top benefiting from the corrupt payment!!!

You are right.
They can no longer employ their girlfriends tru d back door again
no more ghost workers and adding their entire household to the salary schedule.
they will not be able to amass illegal wealth as their annual networth can be easily tracked via IPPIS remittances to them
IPPIS will make corrupt payment very difficult thats why they r fighting it.
But ALAS, if they dare go on strike, there are millions of Nigerians without jobs to fill their various positions..
make dem try am first.
buhari will shock them cos d man is always in shock mode, hahahah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by seunmsg(m): 11:23am On Jun 22, 2020
Xano:

Interesting
Ippis was developed during Oba[b]nsajo's government. Ippis was developed to handle salaries of civil service comission.[/b]

Check the agreement Obasanjo government had with ASUU, SANU, etc, ippis platform was not develop to include it.

Taxes should be on salary, not allowances.

There are ghost workers paid via ippis.

Stop saying what you don’t know. IPPIS was developed to process and pay the salaries of all public servants. All FG workers who receive their salaries from the consolidated revenue fund would be migrated to IPPIS. There will be no exception.

And who told you that taxes should be on salaries and not allowances? Can you show me the part of the tax law that supports your argument?

See, IPPIS and GIFMIS have been designed to accurately calculate and deduct relevant taxes. The era where MDAs shortchange government by under-deducting PAYE taxes is over. FG has been paying massive claims to state governments as a result of this anomaly and it must stop. Everybody must be made to pay their fair taxes according to the tax laws and not according to cheap emotions.

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by amliftedhigher: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2020
jericco1:
It's high time these people realise that striking is an outdated way of getting what you want in this country. Always striking yet nothing good has ever come out of it angry
Don't say what you don't know. If only ASUU AND HEALTH WORKERS CAN LURE PENGASSAN AND NUPENG IN THEIR STRIKE, By now all their demand would have been met.
IF you like go and buy fuel if you don't like. Be there talking what you don't know
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Joefat: 11:31am On Jun 22, 2020
Which kind country be this for Christ sake.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by amliftedhigher: 11:31am On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Close your mouth if you don't have anything good to say
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by amliftedhigher: 11:33am On Jun 22, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Why is everybody rejecting IPPIS. This people didn't want our progress as a nation.
IPPIS IS ANOTHER WAY OF SYPHONING OUR COLLECTIVE RESERVES. IPPIS is evil we don't want it
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by bizzibodi(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2020
Any workers that refuse to join IPPISS should be sack,I dnt know d relevance of nnpc no refineries are working,what is d value of those workers to d economy?they are just conduit pipes,it is independent marketers that are importing fuel upon all d billions spent on TAM.if am the president I will buy tankers or hired tankers to supply products.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Okoroawusa: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2020
Fuel scarcity for this Buhari government? I'm possible!

Another thing the Buhari administration has also been able to master is the art of ending strikes. Strikes don't go far. They end as soon as they are started.

These people should look for another means of industrial actions. Fuel scarcity n strikes are out dated
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 11:45am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

I can see emotional sentiments all over your post. See, remove the emotions and face the facts. Government agreed to pay all legitimate claims that are related to salaries. These claims are always contained in a circular usually issued by national salaries and wages commission.

If there is any claim related to salaries that is backed up by a circular and was excluded from what was paid to them, they should bring out the circular and it would be effected.

The salaries of university lecturers have been effectively migrated to IPPIS and there is nothing anybody can do about it again. If ASUU like they can go on strike for 10 years, they will still come back and be paid by IPPIS.
The problem I have is that this is a public forum, I would have posted documents here, but it's too sensitive to be posted here so let me overlook them. IPPIS scammed us. I have the templates agreed by the AGF and the Director of IPPIS to be paid workers. Only to be paid just consolidated salaries?
Don't worry, just let your paymasters know that they will have themselves to blame with the events of the coming months. So many of my colleagues and me inclusive are taking our services to were it would be appreciated, and fillers from different universities are all moving towards the same direction. Just be prepared, the brain drain that will happen in this country very soon will be epic. Bookmark this comment.

3 Likes

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by jericco1(m): 11:47am On Jun 22, 2020
amliftedhigher:

Don't say what you don't know. If only ASUU AND HEALTH WORKERS CAN LURE PENGASSAN AND NUPENG IN THEIR STRIKE, By now all their demand would have been met.
IF you like go and buy fuel if you don't like. Be there talking what you don't know

You've successfully said nothing undecided
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by seunmsg(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2020
CzarChris:
The problem I have is that this is a public forum, I would have posted documents here, but it's too sensitive to be posted here so let me overlook them. IPPIS scammed us. I have the templates agreed by the AGF and the Director of IPPIS to be paid workers. Only to be paid just consolidated salaries?
Don't worry, just let your paymasters know that they will have themselves to blame with the events of the coming months. So many of my colleagues and me inclusive are taking our services to were it would be appreciated, and fillers from different universities are all moving towards the same direction. Just be prepared, the brain drain that will happen in this country very soon will be epic. Bookmark this comment.

Nigeria is a country of over 200million people. If you leave, thousands are available to replace you. Trust me, you won’t be missed. Cheers! grin wink
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Xano(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Stop saying what you don’t know. IPPIS was developed to process and pay the salaries of all public servants. All FG workers who receive their salaries from the consolidated revenue fund would be migrated to IPPIS. There will be no exception.

And who told you that taxes should be on salaries and not allowances? Can you show me the part of the tax law that supports your argument?

See, IPPIS and GIFMIS have been designed to accurately calculate and deduct relevant taxes. The era where MDAs shortchange government by under-deducting PAYE taxes is over. FG has been paying massive claims to state governments as a result of this anomaly and it must stop. Everybody must be made to pay their fair taxes according to the tax laws and not according to cheap emotions.
Interesting
A staff of ippis called ours aside and informed us about the problems they had with Government agencies in Abuja last year August. Months before SANU joined.
Allowances are not taxable.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Nigeria is a country of over 200million people. If you leave, thousands are available to replace you. Trust me, you won’t be missed. Cheers! grin wink
This right here is the problem of this country, you guys believe everyone is replaceable. In my field, we are less than 20 registered professionals Nationwide with international recognition. So you'll end up having mediocre lecturers without mentors churning out unemployable graduates.

Good luck with that. It's the upcoming generation I pity.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by FlordFlorez(m): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
amliftedhigher:

IPPIS IS ANOTHER WAY OF SYPHONING OUR COLLECTIVE RESERVES. IPPIS is evil we don't want it
how??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

General Buratai: We Will Shame, Disgrace Terrorists In 2021 / DCG Karebo Samson: Buhari Appoints New Acting CG, Federal Fire Service / Peter Obi And Datti Ahmed Visit Palace Of Emir Of Damaturu, Yobe State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.