Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike (14011 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by frozen70(f): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
jericco1:
It's high time these people realise that striking is an outdated way of getting what you want in this country. Always striking yet nothing good has ever come out of it angry

So what do you suggest since strike is out dated?
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by cjwalter(m): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is an information Communications Technology (ICT) project initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll administration for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)

Many Nigerians are their own problem, they just look for any opportunity to cripple the economy

I don't understand, why are workers afraid of IPPIS

Cause the way I see it, this IPPIS will eliminate ghost workers and so many inconsistencies

I think those fuelling this crises are those at the top benefiting from the corrupt payment!!!

As long as you get your agreed salary, then what seems to be the problem

Modified:

These are issues you can iron out. Government have made their intentions known

Lay your fears/experiences on the table

For instance on the issues of salary cut, tax on gross income instead of basic salaries e.t.c are genuine an should be discussed with government in a transparent manner so that everyone will know what going on

And not against IPPIS totally, you both have reasons

Iron it out if possible sign contract that would honour both proposals

if government refuses then your strike can be justified

Don't mind those oil workers

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by jericco1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
frozen70:

Have you heard of the “politics of diversity” cool
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Joguns(m): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
CzarChris:
The problem I have is that this is a public forum, I would have posted documents here, but it's too sensitive to be posted here so let me overlook them. IPPIS scammed us. I have the templates agreed by the AGF and the Director of IPPIS to be paid workers. Only to be paid just consolidated salaries?
Don't worry, just let your paymasters know that they will have themselves to blame with the events of the coming months. So many of my colleagues and me inclusive are taking our services to were it would be appreciated, and fillers from different universities are all moving towards the same direction. Just be prepared, the brain drain that will happen in this country very soon will be epic. Bookmark this comment.

Don't mind them. They have no idea what they're getting this country into. Many medical practitioners and health workers are on the stand-by now waiting for the lockdown to be over so they can emigrate to 'greener pastures' where they'll be better appreciated. Imagine Nurses in France earning close to €3,000 in a month, and you want to stay in Nigeria where indiscriminate and ridiculous taxes will make your take-home per month to be hovering around N100,000 courtesy IPPIS.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Joguns(m): 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Nigeria is a country of over 200million people. If you leave, thousands are available to replace you. Trust me, you won’t be missed. Cheers! grin wink

Even you yourself can be replaced and no one will feel it.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by seunmsg(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Joguns:

Even you yourself can be replaced and no one will feel it.

Sure.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by King44(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
ASUU are still on strike because of this IPP shit

Now NUPENG

The federal govt is about to start or embark on what he would not be able to handle or finish

When corona clears ASUU strikes NUPENG and PENGASAN strikes it would be dawn on FED GVT

But they don't know the gravity of what they are about to start they are just lucky corona is covering up a lot of things

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Philip1914: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
frozen70:

Oga stop listening and reading information online and on the book.

What you read in book is not what it is. I am under IPPIS our union recently Joined IPPIS. I am a non-teaching staff in one of Nigeria Universities. I can tell you IPPIS since we entered this payment system it's hasn't favoured us. Allowance, minimum wage, and promotion increament has not been received. And there is nothing we can do about it. And that is why the union has agreed to embark on strike after the lockdown.

My salary has been reduced by 7k since we entered this thing.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Philip1914: 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is an information Communications Technology (ICT) project initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll administration for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)

Many Nigerians are their own problem, they just look for any opportunity to cripple the economy

I don't understand, why are workers afraid of IPPIS

Cause the way I see it, this IPPIS will eliminate ghost workers and so many inconsistencies

I think those fuelling this crises are those at the top benefiting from the corrupt payment!!!

As long as you get your agreed salary, then what seems to be the problem

Modified:

These are issues you can iron out. Government have made their intentions known

Lay your fears/experiences on the table

For instance on the issues of salary cut, tax on gross income instead of basic salaries e.t.c are genuine an should be discussed with government in a transparent manner so that everyone will know what going on

And not against IPPIS totally, you both have reasons

Iron it out if possible sign contract that would honour both proposals

if government refuses then your strike can be justified

What you read in book is not what it is. I am under IPPIS our union recently Joined IPPIS. I am a non-teaching staff in one of Nigeria Universities. I can tell you IPPIS since we entered this payment system it's hasn't favoured us. Allowance, minimum wage, and promotion increament has not been received. And there is nothing we can do about it. And that is why the union has agreed to embark on strike after the lockdown.

My salary has been reduced by 7k since we entered this thing. Is that progress or backward
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by frozen70(f): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
Philip1914:

My salary has been reduced by 7k since we entered this thing.

You are not the only in this

Most federal servants salaries was reduced

Promotion arrears not paid

Isn't it time you realise that all those extras are going off

Just get your promotion and wait till January to get the reflection on your salary
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by engrjacuzzi: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
Leadership by example
Let presidency, lawmakers, and the governors be on IPPIS if they are really sincere.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Babinski: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2020
JosEast:
Problems everywhere

Na so. Nobody wants to be accountable or want his or her means of defrauding Nigeria to blocked or stopped.

When IPPIS came to Tertiary Institutions, ASUU went on strike and stated that it was selective and wasn't applied to NNPC, DPR, etc.

When IPPIS comes to Oil Industry, PENGASSAN and NUPENG threaten strike!
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by tbuba: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
Babinski:

Na so. Nobody wants to be accountable or want his or her means of defrauding Nigeria to blocked or stopped.

When IPPIS came to Tertiary Institutions, ASUU went on strike and stated that it was selective and wasn't applied to NNPC, DPR, etc.

When IPPIS comes to Oil Industry, PENGASSAN and NUPENG threaten strike!

There is no accountability in IPPIS, only fraud.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by caleboxylic: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
seunmsg:

And to even think you called me ignorant! Smh.

Anyway, IPPIS was not developed for civil servant, it was designed to pay the salaries of all FG workers that receive salaries from the consolidated revenue funds.

Again, IPPIS was not designed to pay a particular salary scale, it is a very flexible payroll software that can accommodate different salary scales. There is no peculiarity that IPPIS can not accommodate. So you see, those rejecting it have no valid reason to do so other than the need to preserve the illegal allowances and underpayment of taxes that they currently enjoy.

You know nothing about IPPIS.
On IPPIS platform,
You tax is deducted on gross salary and not basic Salary.

IPPIS has refused to accomaodate the oil workers High risk and other allowances.

If the FG goes ahead and force these guys into IPPIS, our upstream and downstream regulatory bodies will be so corrupt that the FG will loose revenue that will shock presidency and CBN.

These guys deal with oil workers earning millions monthly and you want t to remove their high risk and hazard allowances.
FG should learn from other oil producing nations. These guys are paid less when compared with their counterparts in other nations.
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by Babinski: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
tbuba:

There is no accountability in IPPIS, only fraud.

Please can you explain the fraud with IPPIS?
Re: IPPIS: Fuel Scarcity Looms As PENGASSAN, NUPENG Threaten Strike by CzarChris(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
seunmsg:

Nigeria is a country of over 200million people. If you leave, thousands are available to replace you. Trust me, you won’t be missed. Cheers! grin wink
please click and read this link https://www.nairaland.com/5984825/58-nigerian-doctors-stopped-lagos
these are those that passed the Skype interview and many more are to go. Now imagine qualifed doctors leaving this country in droves, what are we left with? The runt of the class, and someone will start complaining of poor medical care in Nigeria when our best brains are leaving, actually they are escaping terrible working conditions for places where their worth is appreciated. Just wait let this COVID-19 thing dissipate, the brain drain from the academia in respect of this IPPIS criminality will be epic, Nigeria Immigration Service will definitely have their hands full. This is just the beginning. Please bookmark this page for reference purposes.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traders Threaten Showdown With Government Over Arrest Of Anambra Market Leader / General Buratai: We Will Shame, Disgrace Terrorists In 2021 / PDP May Opt For Olafeso, Agbaje As Ayu’s Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.