Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Baggage Claim - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baggage Claim (67109 Views)

Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / It Is Vulgar Nationalism To Claim That Kikuyus Are A Blessed Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Claim by Ann2012(f): 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Go to the hospital Bari...

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 12:14am On Jun 26, 2020
damselposh:

hahahaha, you see? you predicted wrong.

thanks for reading, babe.
ofcoz. no one expected me to predict outrightly. I would be annoid myself, if i actually did.
Re: Baggage Claim by damis28crown(f): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2020
Humbleness:

Adesina12, Ann2012, Khristarl, enirock, prudysara, mhizv, okikioluwafemi, purity23, LordOfsamosa, emmadejust, lady25, skubido, doctorexcel, Demikol, tomic1, Christipsy, damis28crown, genius43, divenelypruned, Rasmodox101, oyinella, Embellished, Ayanfe29, ujunwa14, preshbeauty, Ven97, veenessha, Bemby69, NobleC28, Hantonia, KrazzyAndy, Davonyi, Xaviercasmir, ADUKKY, Adeola25, Herbiedeen, Conap2020, Luvspa90, Humbleness, plolly, Thebigdream, zara20, Dacaller, Tashacobbs, vivienD, germophobe, Tenaj, Tonyspecial, eROCK247, Kindler101, Adekunlated, Darejoe60, ufss, Akinwale14.

And others that i forgot to mention, come and take your seats and read with me.

Thanks ,am available. Good luck ma
thanks
all the way
lets go
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
CHAPTER FIVE

Rowland parked his Acura MDX in his garage filled with high and expensive cars. He got down and locked the car securely before entering his house. Four bedroom duplex that his father in-law had given to him as a wedding gift. His wife was already standing in the living room when he entered, she walked towards him, concern written all over her face.

"You came home late, honey, what happened?" she asked trying to collect his briefcase from him.

"Get your hands off me, woman" he growled pushing her slightly, she fell on the floor like a pack of card. Rowland hissed and climbed the stairs walking to their room. His wife followed suit after she had recovered from the push.

"What would you like for dinner?" she asked immediately they entered their bedroom while carressing her elbow where she had a little scratch from the fall.

"Am not hungry, keep your food to yourself" Rowland hissed removing his tie and his suit.

"Okay then, let me run a hot bath for you, i will be right out" she muttered walking towards the bathroom.

"Madam I didn't send you any message, leave me let me do it myself" he eyed her briefly and pulled his trouser, he threw it on the bed and walked into the bathroom, the sound of water rushing out from the shower echoed loudly in the room, his wife stood and blinked back the tears threatening to fall, she turned around, packed his clothes scattered on the bed and threw them into the laundry basket. Few minutes later, he was out of the bathroom, naked from the waist up, he had a white towel tied around his waist. He walked to the wardrobe and picked his pyjamas, wore it and went to lay on the bed.

"I didn't send you any message, why did you remove my clothes?" he asked not sparing her a glance.

'They were scattered on the bed so i decided to put them in the laundry basket" she sniffed.

"Learn to mind your business, woman. Stay away from my properties or anything that belongs to me" he howled.

"What happened to you, Rowland? what happened to us?, our marriage?. where did i get it all wrong? why are you treating me like a piece of garbage all of a sudden?" the tears had began to drop.

"Cry me an ocean" He scoffed staring at her scornfully.

"Can you at least tell me what i did to deserve this treatment from you?" she asked him again.

"Give me a child" he roared, his voice sounded loudly that his wife feared their neighbours had heard him.

"What? is that why you are treating me like this? because am yet to give you a child?. Children are God's gifts and they will come at the right time" she replied, almost in a whisper.

"Then go and get married to God" he turned to the other side of the bed, his back turned towards his wife, giving her the signal that "discussion is over".

"Mommy, mommy" the eighth years old girl ran towards Bari as she stepped into the living room. she carried her high in the air and twirled around a little before dropping her on the floor. she slumped on the sofa breathing heavily.

"You are heavy, Ella, what has grandma been feeding you with?" she asked still breathing heavily.

"Innonie" (indomie) the little girl giggled happily.

"you are really enjoying, where is Grandma?" she asked looking at the door that led to the bedroom. Nothing much had changed since the last time she was there, it had the same oxblood painting and two sofas with a small television placed on the TV stand.

"Bariludu, you arrived early" her Mom said coming out from the room.

"Yes Mom, i took the first bus, you said you had something important you want to talk to me about" they hugged briefly before sitting down on the sofa, side by side.

"Ella dear, i bought some goodies for you" she carried the bag up for the little girl to see. The little girl ran to her happily and carried the bag from her.

"What do you say to Mommy?" the elderly woman asked.

"Thank you Mommy" Ella replied, all smiles. She carried the bag and ran into the room leaving the two women alone in the living room.

"So, tell me what is so urgent that you needed to tell me?" Bari asked her Mother.

"Have you found a Man yet?" the woman asked.

"Mommy, don't tell me that i left Awka very early this morning down to Rivers State just for you to start talking about a man" she hissed.

"Shut up your mouth there, since you have not been listening to me over the phone, maybe you will listen to me when i talk to you face to face" the woman rolled her eyes.

"I have not found a Man yet" Bari replied, calmly.

"There is someone i want to introduce you to, my friend's son, he is very handsome, you will like him" she smiled.

"I knew it, you didn't just bring me here to only talk about me finding a man, you have another agenda. Well, am sorry to disappoint you, Mom, am not interested in your friend's son" she sighed and relaxed her back fully on the sofa.

"I think you need deliverance, a strong one. How can you not see the need to get married? are you possessed? or do you have a spiritual husband?"

"What? spiritual what?" Bari laughed so hard that her mother got irritated.

"This is not funny, young woman." she hissed.

"Am not possessed, neither do i have a spiritual husband. instead, am a baggage. am not beautiful, i don't have that killer curve or shape that can attract a man, i have a daughter, i have a very terrible allergy, so which man would want to get married to me?" she smiled sadly.

"But you attracted Rowland like that" the woman sneered.

"And where and how did it end? he got me pregnant and when i told him, he called me a baggage, even Ella, he called her a baggage too. Men don't want baggages these days and i am one" she shrugged.

"So you won't get married, is that what you are telling me?" the woman raised her brows in shock.

"Of course, i will, Mom, but am not going to force it, i will take things slowly" she sighed wiping the tears that formed at the end of her eyes.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
KrazzyAndy:
Damselposh on the beat again.....thanks for this update smiley kiss

thanks honey
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ujunwa14:
eeeeyah, Daniel is a broken soul.
Bari, i never get your time for now.

thanks damsel baby.

hahahaha, thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Embellished:
Wow, what type of sickness is this na?
Sorry, Bari, you will be fine.

thanks damsel, you are doing well.

a very terrible one.
thanks for reading.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
veenessha:

With the few chapters I have read, I think Bari is insecure about her body and what kind of sickness does she have?

Moral lesson:
Ladies don't be insecure about your body and let's stop body shaming others too.

Thanks for the update

One carton of hollandia yogurt for you for this your comment.

thanks for reading
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
enirock:
na pneumonia dey do her I don't understand.
Thanks for the update

e fit be pneumonia ooo.

thanks boo
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Preshbeauty:
Aboniki balm ke?
I think she has pneumonia.
thanks OP

maybe she does.
thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
eyezik3:

Hmmm, nice advice veenessha baby but is it only ladies or to both.

Everyone in this life must not look down on his/herself. We should appreciate the way God create us..

Mind you, everyone is unique in their own ways, what you possess I don't.. cry

Damselposh darling, you're doing well.. Baby you really keep me glued to my phone, more ink to your pen, more data to your phone..

thanks honey.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ayanfe29:

You're welcome dear
Thanks for the update tonight.
Bari, you had better go to the hospital o to avoid stories that touch.

thanks babe, i will tell her to go to the hospital when next i see her.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ann2012:
Go to the hospital Bari...
Thanks for the update ma'am

thanks babe

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Khriztarl:

ofcoz. no one expected me to predict outrightly. I would be annoid myself, if i actually did.

naaaaah, you can predict outrightly in some cases.

thanks for reading
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
damis28crown:
thanks all the way lets go

yes ooo welcome love
Re: Baggage Claim by Embellished(f): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Bari has a child for Rowland her ex-boyfriend?

Choi damsel, i fear who no fear you.
Re: Baggage Claim by damis28crown(f): 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Rowland will not have another child until he goes to claim his baggage ooooooo (what nonsense)
Re: Baggage Claim by MhiztaRange(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Maybe this Bari girl never heard of SelfLove, abeg make we love ourselves and give ourselves the best we can
Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
damselposh:

One carton of hollandia yogurt for you for this your comment.

thanks for reading

Thank you for yogurt.
Is it not the same Rowland that is looking for a child when he has one outside, hmm it is well with his soul.

Damsel do and matchmake Bari with our handsome Doctor (but tell us the kind sickness she get).
Thanks for the update
Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
damis28crown:
Rowland will not have another child until he goes to claim his baggage ooooooo (what nonsense)

He shouldn't claim his baggage let our Doctor claim his baggage
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
damselposh:

naaaaah, you can predict outrightly in some cases.
thanks for reading
you think. you're welcome.
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
So Oga Rowland, you have an ella somewhere in the world. Yet, you ill-treat 'Madam' and ask her to marry God. Ya brain is paining you abi?
men sha..
weldone damsel swtie.. Never saw Bari as a baby mama though.
Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
aaah Bari has a daughter?
not just her body, she has given up on marriage because she has a daughter.

kudos damsel, i never saw this coming.
Re: Baggage Claim by Ayanfe29(f): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
damselposh:

thanks babe, i will tell her to go to the hospital when next i see her.

Please do o

Another twist, Bari has a child! Wow!! I didn't see that coming. Rowland, enjoy your retribution.

Thanks for the update.
Re: Baggage Claim by Adesina12: 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
So barri and her daughter are the baggage.
Who is claiming these baggages, Rowland?
Ride on Jennifer Lopez grin
Sweet popcorn for you
Re: Baggage Claim by ADUKKY(f): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
Bari reminded me of the movie Tiwa's Baggage by Kunle Remi and Bayray McNwizu.
Re: Baggage Claim by damis28crown(f): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
veenessha:

He shouldn't claim his baggage let our Doctor claim his baggage
yea ure right so right
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
ewoooo, Bari has a daughter?
nice twist.
well done damselposh.
Re: Baggage Claim by divinelypruned(f): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thanks damsel,you didn't even invite me, toh, baa masala
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
MhiztaRange:
Maybe this Bari girl never heard of SelfLove, abeg make we love ourselves and give ourselves the best we can
thankyou swthrt. Tell her again ni.
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
ADUKKY:
Bari reminded me of the movie Tiwa's Baggage by Kunle Remi and Bayray McNwizu.
you watched that too. Oh my.
Re: Baggage Claim by ADUKKY(f): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yes o, one of my best movies including Ovy's Voice and Tough Love. I have seen them more than 5 times.
Khriztarl:

you watched that too. Oh my.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Prisoner Of Love: The Story / ........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.