Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,887 members, 7,806,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Baggage Claim - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baggage Claim (67085 Views)

Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / It Is Vulgar Nationalism To Claim That Kikuyus Are A Blessed Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Claim by eyezik3(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2020
Ann2012:
Is it that Bari doesn't bath tongue

Thanks for the update ma'am

Seriously I was also thinking that way, maybe she doesn't even take a bath this one that she's fearing water.

I've not even heard of that before, that someone can fear water to that extent.

Damselposh hain grin you're doing well ma'am, keep the good work we are following you like Kilofesele wink

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by Embellished(f): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2020
Ann2012:

if it is that aquagenic something, she will bath but she should be ready for a fierce itching.

my sister do cry whenever hers starts and if you see her scratching and crying, you will pity her.
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2020
Embellished:

if it is that aquagenic something, she will bath but she should be ready for a fierce itching.

my sister do cry whenever hers starts and if you see her scratching and crying, you will pity her.

yes, you are correct.

my elder sister is always afraid of having her bathe because of the fear of having itching on her skin.

let's wait for damsel to prove us right though.
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
'AQUA-PHOBIA' Hahaha.

bia, bari kini mega yi? waris wrong with you?. Anyway, go and come let's all see results.
Re: Baggage Claim by Ann2012(f): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Embellished:

Na wa oooo
Re: Baggage Claim by Ann2012(f): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
eyezik3:

Seriously I was also thinking that way, maybe she doesn't even take a bath this one that she's fearing water.

I don think am tire
Re: Baggage Claim by PrudySara(f): 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
Same question I wanted asking. Doesn't she bath??
Ann2012:

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by UCMax1: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Why do some women love being dramatic whenever they see a lady with their husband? that's one of the reason some men beat up and divorce their wives
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
CHAPTER EIGHT

Rays of the morning sun filtered into Daniel's office through the window, with the curtains slightly parted, it made it easy for the rays to penetrate. His office wasn't heavily equipped, a big desk and two armrest chairs kept opposite each other with the table standing between them. Calendars of different sickness and ailments were hanged on the wall, a shelf filled with so many files, and a water dispenser just beside the shelf. Daniel sat in his office constantly looking at the door wondering if the skinny lady would visit the hospital like they had agreed. Someone knocked, he looked at the door in anticipation before saying "Come in". A Chubby nurse walked, in smiling.

"Oh, Lina, it's you" Daniel said with a smile, disappointment etched on his face.

"You look disappointed, are you not happy to see me?" she asked walking to the desk.

"No, of course am happy to see you. any change in my schedule?" he sighed.

"Yes, the surgery on Mrs Chinwe has been shifted from 1pm to 6pm because the head doctor has called for a meeting with all the employed doctors" she stared at him trying to read his expression.

"Oh yeah, the meeting, doctor Stanley told me about it. Thanks for the information" he replied and typed away on his laptop.

"It's nothing doc" she replied still looking at him and when he didn't look at her, she cleared her throat before asking "What happened last night?" Daniel looked up at her, confusion embedded his face.

"What happened where?" he asked.

"I came to the eatery Last night but i didn't see you, when i called you on phone, you weren't picking up" she crossed her hands on her chest staring daggers at him.

"Am so sorry, Lina, i had an emergency, so i needed to leave and moreover, i waited for you for a long time before i left" he took his gaze back to his laptop. Someone knocked again on the door, he shot his head up instantly staring longingly at the door.

"Are you expecting anyone?" the nurse asked him on noticing the anticipation in his eyes.

"Yes, a patient" he replied before saying "come in". Bari walked in with a smile. Daniel stared at her and smiled back too. She had worn a navy blue trouser, a white shirt which was buttoned up to the neck and tucked in neatly into her trouser, a red belt strapped around her waist, a red block heel shoe and a red handbag.

"Welcome, please have a seat" Daniel said pointing to the chair opposite.

"Alright doctor, i will be out now, see you later" the nurse said walking away.

"Thanks" Bari replied sitting down.

"So, what should i offer you?" Daniel asked, he hadn't bothered to reply the nurse that left.

"Nothing, am fine, let's just go straight to the point" she flashed him a fake smile.

"Okay. so why did you shriek when water was poured on you last night?" He leaned forward and placed his hands on the desk.

"I have a sickness, a terrible ailment. Anytime my body comes in contact with water, i always have a fierce itching on my skin, i will scratch and cry at the same time Because sometimes it's always painful. The ferocious itching of all is always the itching i get whenever my body comes in contact with rain water, sometimes i will scratch and injure myself" she replied.

"How do you bath?" Daniel asked calmly.

"I always bath with hot water, it doesn't stop the itching though but it makes it lesser and i always apply Aboniki balm instantly after bathing" she replied casually.

"Does it bring rashes on your skin after scratching?"

"No, it doesn't, unless the injury i give to myself with my fingernails".

"Okay" he sighed then continued "You have what is known as AQUAGENIC PRURITUS" he completed.

"Aqua what?" Bari asked with a loud chuckle.

"AQUAGENIC PRURITUS. There is AQUAGENIC URTICARIA too, but the difference is that the former doesn't cause rashes on the skin after itching while the later does" he replied ignoring her chuckle.

"there is no type of sickness someone will not see in Nigeria" she laughed out loud shaking her head.

"AQUAGENIC PRURITUS is a rare case where the skin experiences an intense itching instantly after contact with water, not more than 50% of persons have it in the whole world" he explained further.

"Okay, so does it have a cure? am sure it does, let me hear" Bari asked amidst laughter.

"Am sorry, but it doesn't have a cure. It is hereditary, i think someone from your family or lineage had it before you"

"Blood of Zachariah!!!" she exclaimed, "It doesn't have a cure? so i will continue suffering like this?" fear could be seen in her eyes.

"No, it doesn't have a cure, does any of your relative have it?" Daniel asked after laughing briefly.

"My Dad had it, and it wasn't funny because anytime it rained and we were not at home, my mom would get worried and all worked up until we arrived safely" she said blinking her eyes repeatedly.

"There is no cure, but instead of Aboniki balm, you can use DOXEPLIN tablets, 6mg and HYDROCORTISONE cream, they cool the body down, they will help you more than the balm you are using" he stood up, went to the shelf and took a New file then went to sit down.

"That's not all" she muttered slowly.

"What else is remaining? tell me everything" he urged her.

"Not just water, but when i also see an irritating image or something, even on the road, the itches come even though i didn't get close to water" she stared at him keenly.

"Yea, the ailment comes with it, just get those drugs I told you, they won't cure the itching but they will bring relief to your skin at that particular moment. Meanwhile, you will have to fill in your details" he shifted the file to her.

"Okay" she said collecting the file from him.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
Herbiedeen:

Those are those you've met na
we're more than the bad guys

Even ladies now prefer the bad guys, that's why most guys change or acts as what they're not when they meet ladies sometimes

hahahah, i would have loved to have this conversation with you, but not now and here.

so, i agree with you. you are right, Honey.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ujunwa14:
which kind sickness be this na?

Bari should better go to the hospital ooo so that we can know what is wrong with her.

thanks damselposh

lol, na aqua aqua dey do am
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
oyinella:
Damsel I will cry for you o, this update deserve jara na

sorry baby, please don't cry.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
oyinella:
abi is Bari suffering from aquagenic urticaria?

partially, baby (winks)
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Embellished:
This is serious.
Bari go to the hospital fast fast.

yes, she will go
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Herbiedeen:
( Ehn Kinni?? :' Gini??

hahahaha
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
damis28crown:
awwwwwwwwwwww thats good OP we should all learn to love ourselves

yes my dear
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
okikioluwafemi:
amu loving this,bari make sure u visit the hospital o

she will, thanks boo
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Preshbeauty:
Oh my, this must be aquagenic whatever. my elder sister has it, such a terrible sickness that makes one scratch like a mad woman whenever she comes in contact with water.

Wow, damsel, how did you come about this sickness?
Only medical personnels know about it because it is rare.

I hope am right sha ooo. thanks for the update.

lol, coconut head.
you are right sha
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ann2012:

lol, she does, my dear, but she has a strategy.
thanks babe

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
skubido:
Naso d journey wan take start ba?

Thanks for the update

thanks Honey
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
eyezik3:

Damselposh hain grin you're doing well ma'am, keep the good work we are following you like Kilofesele wink

you don hear am today na. lol
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Khriztarl:
'AQUA-PHOBIA' Hahaha.

bia, bari kini mega yi? waris wrong with you?. Anyway, go and come let's all see results.

hahahahaha aqua phobic

you too much abeg.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
UCMax1:
Why do some women love being dramatic whenever they see a lady with their husband? that's one of the reason some men beat up and divorce their wives

I wonder the same thing too.

thanks honey.

1 Like

Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Osino owu aqua gini?
lol, let me laugh with Bari abeg. I never hear this kind thing before.

damsel nwanne thanks for the update.
Re: Baggage Claim by Ann2012(f): 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sorry ooo Bari

Re: Baggage Claim by ukaface(f): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bari ndo o
Me dey fastfast dash you epilepsy.

Thanks damsel
Re: Baggage Claim by Embellished(f): 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pele, Bari.

I hope this Nurse is not trying to flirt with our doctor? if i catch her eeeehn.

thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by Darejoe60: 4:50am On Jun 30, 2020
damselposh:
CHAPTER ONE

The sound of thunder claps gave people the impression that there would be a heavy downpour. People ran Helter skelter seeking for shelter before the Heavens sent down the rain. The road was filled with people running and walking hastily, nobody wanted to get drenched in the rain. It was early in the evening but the way the cloud kept giving signs of rainfall, it was slowly turning into night.

Bari held tightly unto her handbag as she increased her pace. Thunder claps sounded yet again making people growl and murmur. She muttered a silent prayer to God, she didn't want even a single droplet touching her, she had closed early from work when she noticed the moody cloud. She opened her bag and ransacked briefly "Oh Jesus Christ, my balm is not in my bag, are you sure i can survive this one?" She whispered to herself. Looking up and sighting a trycycle moving towards her, then she sighed in relief.

"Oga, Nibo Junction?" Bari asked the keke rider who looked at her first before replying.

"Yes, Nibo Junction, hold your #500" the keke man replied.

"#500? Haba na, is it because it wants to rain? Oga collect #200 na, the normal price is even 100 sef" she pleaded.

"if you no wan go tell me make i find better people abeg" the man said irritated.

Bari hissed and made to walk away when a liquid substance touched her face, she wiped it off and then shrieked in fear "Oh no, it has started dropping already" she turned just in time to see the Keke rider moving away.

"Wait, please" she bellowed and the Keke rider stopped, she hopped in immediately urging the driver to drive fast.

It didn't take long for the driver to drop her off at Nibo junction, she handed him a 500 naira note and ran into the street. The thunder claps came yet again but this time around with a few droplets of rain accompanying it.

"Nooo, God please hold the rain a bit for my sake, am almost home" she fearfully muttered scratching the spot where the rain had dropped.

It seemed the heavens listened to her prayers for they became calm afterwards with just the breeze blowing constantly serving as a reminder that it would still rain. She sighed in relief as she sighted her house, she hastened her steps greeting few people she met. She neared the Aboki that sold few things in a koisk just a gate before her apartment, she quickly looked away, she didn't want to have an episode that day. She muttered greetings to the Aboki with her face still thrown to the other side of the road.

Getting home, she unlocked her door, her parlour was still as neat as she had left it in the morning, three sofas adorned the living room, red in colour, complimenting the red paint used on the wall, her 32 inches LG plasma television kept on the TV stand, two home theater stood side by side with the TV stand in the middle, DVD kept under the television just in the second layer of the TV stand. Above the wall was the thermocool A.C sending cold waves to the living room, her dinning area which was occupied by a dinning table with four chairs pushed under it, water dispenser and a fridge, it had a connection door too that led to the kitchen.

She rushed into her room and hurriedly stripped, walked naked into the bathroom and had a hot bath, she came out in a jiffy after drying her body, applied Aboniki balm on her body afterwards and wore a black bum short with a red singlet. her room was sparkling clean and well arranged, her giant bed covered with a blue bedsheet, her wardrobe that had a glass door which also served as her mirror, a long shoe rack occupied with different type of shoes leaned on the wall close to the wardrobe and a ceiling fan rotating at a high speed, but then she sighed and wiped the tears that dropped.

"Life is not so fair" she muttered with a shrug going to the kitchen to look for something to eat.

This is warm... Its all I need for this raining season

Damsel.. U too much
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 8:08am On Jun 30, 2020
So, i predicted right.

Sorry, Bari. Aquagenic Pruritus, such a terrible sickness that likes disgracing somebody.

thanks damsel
Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 8:38am On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks boo for the update, plus some women actually develop pruritus through pregnancy, though in very rare cases
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
Bari.. Ndo o..
doc. Sin'owu aqua peritus. Amam'ihe oneku o.. But, sorry (inanu?) you hear?. Preshbeauty, said its disgraceful, Oyinelle concord. Me, i just carry my zobo and change sit. Am not seeing well from the back.
Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
Damsel I am hungry for story

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Prisoner Of Love: The Story / ........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.