Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Baggage Claim - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Baggage Claim (67111 Views)

Freebie! Claim Your Free Copy Of A Newly Launch Book By Gloria Grossi / It Is Vulgar Nationalism To Claim That Kikuyus Are A Blessed Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
Khriztarl:
Bari.. Ndo o..
doc. Sin'owu aqua peritus. Amam'ihe oneku o.. But, sorry (inanu?) you hear?. Preshbeauty, said its disgraceful, Oyinelle concord. Me, i just carry my zobo and change sit. Am not seeing well from the back.
khriztal shift for me biko, kam welu oche
Re: Baggage Claim by Adesina12: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2020
Damselposh babem
Come and claim your baggage a beg we are waiting
Thank God Almighty I am back to life
Sweet popcorn plenty on ground ooo
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2020
CHAPTER NINE

It was 9am when Rowland, all dressed for work came down the stairs, dressed in a black suit and a white shirt, his briefcase held firmly in his hand. His wife was setting the dining for breakfast, he stared at her briefly before walking towards the dining area.

"I made boiled yam and egg sauce" she said dishing out the food.

"You don't really need to tell me what you prepared because i will still know what it is when i eat it" He scoffed, picking up the fork laying beside the plate.

"Okay, sorry sir" she sighed. he cut the first yam, mixed it with the sauce and put it in his mouth, he chewed on it briefly before his face twisted in anger.

"What nonsense did you prepare?" he barked spitting out the food in his mouth.

"Yam and egg sauce, just the way you like it" she replied, confused.

"There is no salt in the yam and the sauce is not well garnished" he shouted at her.

"But that has been the way you always loved it to be"

"You are just useless, you can't have children and you can't cook" he hissed, getting up from the Chair.

"Am sorry, i will get the salt for you" she stood up going to the kitchen.

"Don't bother your useless self, i just lost my appetite" he sneered picking his briefcase up from the table.

"Am sorry, please wait, let me hurriedly prepare noodles for you" she turned around walking towards the kitchen.

"Didn't your mother teach you how to cook?" he spat out, again. She turned Swiftly, anger creeping up her face.

"Now i won't have you insult my mother, you can insult me all you want, but don't bring my mom into this. who do you even think you are? you treat me bad because of a problem both of us have. did you put any kid in my stomach and i didn't push it out for you?, how sure am i that the problem is not from you?" she scoffed looking away.

"Of course the problem is not from me, i am 100% medically okay, and i have a proof of my fertility" he sneered.

"What is the proof then?" she crossed her hands against her chest.

"I don't owe you any explanation" he hissed.

"As long as am concerned, we are in this childlessness together, don't heap it on me only" she hissed too.

"You are just a pile of rubbish" he hissed leaving the sitting room.

"Big news, big news" Bari squealed immediately she opened the door for Chioma.

"Oya ooo, am all ears, start talking" Chioma replied going to sit on the sofa.

"Let's go to my room, babe, there is something you need to see" she giggled walking to the bedroom while Chioma followed keenly.

"Wow, you have bought another wig?" Chioma asked excitedly staring up at the line of wigs hanged on the wall. "We will rock it" she added, displaying some dance steps.

"Babe, abeg, that's not why we are here" Bari hissed.

"Oya, am all ears, what is the big news all about?" she asked sitting on the bed.

"It is actually more than one news, i have two big news for you" Bari replied with a smile, joining her on the bed.

"Hia, start talking na"

"I saw Rowland, a few days ago" she said casually.

"Which Rowland? as in Rowland your ex? your baby daddy? where?" she asked blinking her lashes.

"I met him at the Bank and he said plenty things" she giggled.

"I hope he doesn't want you back because i will personally cut off his ears" she rolled her eyes.

"He didn't exactly put it that way, but he said i should give him a chance to meet Ella" she shrugged.

"I laugh in Swahili" Chioma said laughing.

"I laughed at him too when he said it" Bari said with a chuckle.

"That dude must be a clown. After eight years of abandoning you and your baby, he didn't contact you, he didn't give you a dime to put in the upbringing of his child, and he is talking about meeting his child, the one that he abandoned. If i slap him eeehn, he will go deaf" she hissed loudly.

"Babe abeg, calm down, am sure he won't come close to me again, i already gave him a warning" Bari said, letting out a slight chuckle.

"Better for him, because am not laughing with him" she rolled her eyes again.

"And the second news is that, i have gone to the hospital" she let out a full breath.

"Finally!!!. what did the doctor say?" Chioma asked enthusiastically.

"He said i have aquagenic Pruritus" she replied casually.

"Aqua gini?" she asked laughing so hard that she fell on the bed.

"I laughed too when i heard it" Bari said, laughing too.

"Okay, so how can it be cured? they gave you some drugs abi?" Chioma asked still laying on the bed.

"Am afraid, best friend, it doesn't have a cure. am stucked with it for life" she looked away sadly.

"Oh my goodness" Chioma exclaimed sitting up instantly. "It doesn't have a cure? but how come? i thought every sickness has it's cure?" she asked, sadly.

"Well, this one doesn't. He said it is genetic. you know i told you that my Dad had it too"

"Yea, you did. so they didn't give you any medication? not even paracetamol or something?" she asked.

"Chioma, you are funny. what am i supposed to do with paracetamol?" she chuckled.

"Well, i wouldn't know, maybe, drink it" she laughed.

"They did give me a drug and one cream that has a long name which i can't pronounce" she replied, going to the bed drawer, she pulled it open and brought out from it, a white nylon which has the inscription "Save a Life Hospital" bodly written on it. she extended it to Chioma who collected it from her, anxiously.

"Hydrocortisone" she muttered slowly "and Doxeplin" she added.

"He said i should use it in place of my balm, this one would bring immediate relief to me once applied" she shrugged, again.

"Am happy, at least there is a solution and also something you can replace that Aboniki balm with. You can't be smelling like a Rheumatism patient while walking on the road or when you are with people" She laughed.

"You no well" Bari replied, beating her lap slightly.

11 Likes

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2020
Ujunwa14:
Osino owu aqua gini?
lol, let me laugh with Bari abeg. I never hear this kind thing before.

damsel nwanne thanks for the update.

hahahaha, thanks, nwanne, for reading.
Osino owu aquagenic Pruritus ooo.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2020
Ann2012:
Sorry ooo Bari
Thanks for the update ma'am

thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2020
ukaface:
Bari ndo o Me dey fastfast dash you epilepsy.
Thanks damsel
lol, no be only you, my sister.
thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:36am On Jul 01, 2020
Embellished:
Pele, Bari.

I hope this Nurse is not trying to flirt with our doctor? if i catch her eeeehn.

thanks damsel.

lol, she might be flirting with him ooo

thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2020
Darejoe60:

This is warm... Its all I need for this raining season
Damsel.. U too much
thanks honey, welcome.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2020
Preshbeauty:
So, i predicted right.

Sorry, Bari. Aquagenic Pruritus, such a terrible sickness that likes disgracing somebody.

thanks damsel

yes, you predicted right. Check your Whatsapp mbok.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2020
oyinella:
Thanks boo for the update, plus some women actually develop pruritus through pregnancy, though in very rare cases

yes babe, very rare cases.

it's just few persons that have it.

thanks honey
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2020
Khriztarl:
Bari.. Ndo o..
doc. Sin'owu aqua peritus. Amam'ihe oneku o.. But, sorry (inanu?) you hear?. Preshbeauty, said its disgraceful, Oyinelle concord. Me, i just carry my zobo and change sit. Am not seeing well from the back.

lol, osi owu aquagenic Pruritus.

change seat abeg, make you dey see well.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2020
veenessha:
Damsel I am hungry for story

I have updated, come and read, babe.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 10:42am On Jul 01, 2020
Adesina12:
Damselposh babem Come and claim your baggage a beg we are waiting Thank God Almighty I am back to life Sweet popcorn plenty on ground ooo

thanks babym. thank God you are back to life now.
Re: Baggage Claim by oyinella(f): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2020
I still dont know how anybody can stand emotional abuse. Rowlands wife is a strong woman abeg
Re: Baggage Claim by Embellished(f): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2020
what the hell is wrong with this Rowland?
am glad the woman has finally stood up to him.

I love this Chioma, babe is so lively.

thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by veenessha(f): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2020
damselposh:

I have updated, come and read, babe.
Thank you for the update
Happy new month
Re: Baggage Claim by Ujunwa14(f): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2020
I feel like giving this Rowland's wife one bottle of wine, she has finally found her voice.

thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by Tonyspecial(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2020
Big ups

Good work
Re: Baggage Claim by Khriztarl(f): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 12:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Serves Rowland right. am glad his wife has finally woken up.
thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by Preshbeauty(f): 12:29am On Jul 02, 2020
thanks damsel.
Re: Baggage Claim by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Baggage Claim by PrudySara(f): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Na wa o... there's no kind of sickness one won't see and hear of. Biko ehn, tell aunty nurse to stay on her lane o, and leave our Doctor.
Thanks for the update dear!
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
CHAPTER TEN

"I put you in front, in front of my Melody, you are all that matters, you are all that matters"

The singer's pleasant voice echoed loudly inside the church and it's environ. Bari entered the church and immediatly, one of the church ushers gave her a sign to follow her (the usher). She took Bari to the last seat in the third line. "Thank you" Bari told her, with a smile.

"What would i live for, if i don't have you in my life?, what would i be, if you take the Holy Ghost?, what would have been said of me if i didn't see your light?" Bari closed her eyes and sang along with the singer.

Sister Grace had the most pleasant voice in the choir department, whenever she handled the praise and worship, people fell under the anointing while some gave their lives to Christ.

"Gloryyy" the pastor shouted as he mounted the pulpit.

"Gloryyy" the congregation replied spontaneously.

"May we all be seated, please" The pastor said with a smile. "Am going to talk about "walking in the spirit", let us go to the book of Romans 8:9" he said turning the pages of the Bible. A young man sitting behind the drums stood up and a microphone was given to him, he looked at his Bible and read out loud

"(But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his)"

The service came to an end, Bari picked up her bag and walked away, towards the exit door. One of the Church members walked up to her and touched her gown to feel the kind of material she used. "Your gown is beautiful" she cooed staring at the red, long sleeve knee flay gown with a beautiful design at the chest region.

"Oh, thank you sister Grace" Bari replied with a smile.

"What material did you use and how many yards?" she asked still admiring the gown.

"I used satin material, three yards, i didn't finish it though, it's still remaining" she replied and then added almost immediately "I sell the material ooo, in case you want to buy"

"I need something exactly like this, i will come to the shop tomorrow so that we can talk about it, i will use blue though" she chuckled slightly.

"No problem at all, i will be waiting. i need to hurry home now, we will see on Tuesday at the revival service" Bari smiled walking away.

"Alright" the other lady replied walking away too.

People walked about their business, outside the church building. It beehive like a market place. Some were trekking to the gate while those that had a car kept entering their cars with their family.

"Bariludu" someone called out, softly, behind Bari. She turned around abruptly to know who didn't have the decency of at least adding the "sister" title to her name when they were still in the church compound.

"It's you?" she asked raising her brows in surprise.

"Yes, it's me" Daniel replied going close to her.

"What are you doing here? I mean, do you worship here?"

"No, i don't. I just felt like worshipping here today. Do you worship here?" he peered closely at her.

"Yes, am a full member here. Wait a minute, you called me by my name earlier, i don't remember telling you my name" she narrowed her gaze at him.

"Oh, your name? I got it from your file, the one you filled the day you came to the hospital" he replied casually.

"Okay then, i hope you enjoyed the service today?" she smiled briefly.

"Yes, i did, especially the praise and worship section, that chorister sure knows what she is doing" he replied enthusiastically.

"That's sister Grace for you, she knows her onions" Bari shrugged.

"You are headed home right? come let me drop you off"

"Okay, if that won't be a bother to you"

"No, it won't be a bother at all. this way please" he replied walking towards his car while Bari followed keenly.

"Your gown is beautiful" Daniel muttered when they were settled in the car.

"Thank you, it was designed and sewed by me" she muttered, pride written bodly on her face.

"It's beautiful, I love red" he said with a smile, as he drove out of the church premises.

"I thought black was the typical men's colour, and white too?" she asked, surprised.

"Well, i love black and white, but red is my favorite" he winked at her briefly and took his gaze back to the road.

"Okay" she shrugged, acting like she didn't notice the wink.

7 Likes

Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
oyinella:
I still dont know how anybody can stand emotional abuse. Rowlands wife is a strong woman abeg

Strong no be small
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Embellished:
what the hell is wrong with this Rowland?

am glad the woman has finally stood up to him.

I love this Chioma, babe is so lively.

thanks damsel.

lol, The woman eyes don dey clear small small.

thanks babe
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
veenessha:
Thank you for the update Happy new month

I wish you all the best, sweetheart.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ujunwa14:
I feel like giving this Rowland's wife one bottle of wine, she has finally found her voice.

thanks damsel.

hehehehehe, give me the wine, i will help give it to her.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Big ups

Good work
thanks boo
Re: Baggage Claim by damis28crown(f): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
kaiiiiiiiiiiii this rowland ehhhhh he naturally dont have sense abeg he should roll his trouble away jareeeee
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Khriztarl:
du nga, kam wete mmai, nkem agula. Nkegi ogubele?

this your igbo eeehn, it needs reconstruction service.
hehehehehe lemme run before she will catch me.
Re: Baggage Claim by damselposh(f): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Preshbeauty:

thanks damsel.

Lol, no be small thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Prisoner Of Love: The Story / ........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.