Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life (75421 Views)

My Single Neighbor Came Knocking At My Door Late In The Night / What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by olabrinks(f): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2020
1. Maintain your weight whilst your young. Not watching your weight will give you series of problem later on in life. Exercise and eat properly.

2. Dont be with someone who’s family do not like you. It is an everlasting battle that you will eventually lose.

3. You will not gain respect trying to please everyone. Stand up for yourself and always speak your mind.

4. Only share things when you are established. People are envious and will try to destroy your plans if you share too quickly.

5. Listen more than you talk.

6. Social skills are paramount for getting further in life. You must learn how to make solid connections.

7. Elders do not know it best

8. Confidence is more valuable than looks

9. Your family doesn’t always want the best for you

10. No one will values you until you hit it big.

11. Be careful with alcohol. It is addictive and very accessible, probably the worst drug out there.

These are just some of mine, feel free to contribute some of yours.

1140 Likes 150 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Righteousness89(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2020
olabrinks:
1. maintain your weight whilst your young. Not watching your weight willl give you series of problem later on in life. Exercise and eat properly.

2.Dont be with someone who’s family do not like you. It is an everlasting battle that you will eventually lose

3. You will not gain respect trying to please everyone. Stand up for yourself THE TRUTH and always speak your mind.

4. Only share things when you are established. People are envious and will try to destroy your plans if you share too quickly.

6. Social skills are paramount for getting further in life. You must learn how to make solid connections.

10. No one will value you until you hit it big.

11. Be careful with alcohol. It is addictive and very accessible, probably the worst drug out there

@ bolden.. My Guiding principles!

Let me add these

-Don't always follow the Multitude... Majority are not always right..

- Stand for the truth, irrespective of whose OX is gored

- I am Useless without GOD Almighty

- GOD ALMIGHTY is not Committed to where He didn't send you! Operate by Divine Leading/Direction

- Be very careful with your Tongue! It could destroy and it could build you!

- Life is not by Struggle! It is a Gift From God! If God does not Give , you will not get! and if you go ahead to get it without Him, it ends in Tears and pains..

- Flee Fornication; Life will be much more Stressless..

- Listen to your wife, don't just bullshit wat she says! In every thing you call Nonsense, there is a sense!

- Strive to Please GOD ALMIGHTY First and your Conscience next! Every other person will fall where they belong

548 Likes 62 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Professorcplus(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2020
Here are mine when it comes to friends.

1. Know when to smile to prevent trouble and when to keep silent to avoid trouble.

2. Never take a bullet for anyone that's not ready to do same for you.

3. Some friends are only interested in what they can get and benefit from you avoid them.

4. If you lick a.s s of people because of their favour and likeness, you will continue to be a a.s s licker for long.

5. Always put your head high and never take bullshit from people especially in a formal environment. It shows your self-confidence and respect.

6. Respect is reciprocal. Show it.

7. Your only true happiness comes from you not outsiders.

8. If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go with friends. But know when to keep limit to friend so you don't become a follower.

296 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by HomerTimpson: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2020
We learn to late that 1)poverty comes with free subscription & that 2)We can do anything if we put our mind into it

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by pansophist(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2020
1. Lions are called the king of the jungle because Tigers (and other stronger formidable predators) do not live in the jungle. In other words, the people who look down on you do so because you haven't assumed your throne and shine in your glory. Go be a king in your domain.

2. Resurrect your inner b!tch. The world is a jungle, and being Mr nice guy will not take you far. The unrelenting you are to exhume your inner b!itch, the farther you go.

3. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. True life's education is experienced outside the classroom. know the difference between to be schooled and to be educated.

4. Being harmless and incapable of inflicting harm is not a virtue. It is a weakness. The ability to inflict an untold amount of harm, but chooses not to, is virtous.

5. If they stand behind you protect them. If they stand beside you, respect them. But if they stand against you, destroy them.

6. Be aware of your vices, and do not let it destroy your life. A typical vice for men is philandering, negative aggression, greed, alcoholism, etc. For women, it is prostitution, chaos, vindictiveness, narcissism, and dissatisfaction.

7. The antidote to suffering in life is responsibility. pursue what is worth dying for, and every other suffering you pass through shall be insignificant.

8. Never be afraid to walk alone, instead be afraid to walk mindlessly with the crowd. Your mind can be your greatest asset, and your greatest liability, depending on if you nourish it well. Be a solitary Tiger if needed, not a mindless sheep.

9. As a man, your superpower lies in being masculine, and for women, being feminine. Understand what this means and accentuate it to the best of your ability.

10. The ability to express yourself eloquently is power. The power of speech can move mountains, bring down standing armies, and give meaning to life. Be eloquent. The content of your speech speaks more about the speaker, as opposed to the subject. The sophisticatedness of your mind is expressed through the content of your words.

11. The weaker you are, the more fight you will get into. The stronger you are, the less fight you will get into either. To thrive is to be tough.

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your family. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker. To understand the true meaning of love, substitute the word ''love'' with sacrifice. Love without sacrifice is not love, it is infatuation.

13. the natural mandate is that anything valuable comes from the inside. If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If it is broken by an inner force, life begins. Do not let external forces suppress your inner voice.

14. Approach every human relationship and connections with a sense of mutualism, conversely, do not entangle with someone who does not understand this timeless rules. Mutualism is growth, parasitism is death. The tree provides shelter for the bird to nest, and the birds help the tree by spreading its seeds to fertile ground, to germinate.

15. The gentle walk of a tiger is not foolishness, but strategic. In life, know when to give up, preserver, and what deserves your energy and resources, to avoid falling deep into the "sunk cost effect".

16. Have boundaries. A hen is harmless, but as soon as it hatches, its mouth used for eating becomes a weapon to defend and protects it chick, regardless of the aggressor's size.

17. At the very basic, humans are animals. Our behaviors are merely a reflection of our social conditioning (religion, culture, tradition, etc). Know how to alternate between your animalistic nature and your social conditioning to advance in life. For example, understand what attracts the opposite sex from an animalistic perspective to be successful in the mating game, and know how to employ the proceeds of your social conditioning (honesty, civility, professionalism, etc) to get ahead.

18. Do not go through life, but 'grow' through life. Your daily activities should compound into something bigger. Just as a seed becomes a tree, and forest in time, your life should follow the same path. Time is the only precious thing you have. Sadly, most people learn this too late.

19. In this capitalistic world, money is your best friend. Try to make enough of it. You only live once, so live it well.

20. Your health is paramount. You are what you eat, so eat healthily. The surest way to go ahead in life is to look good. Humans are wired to treat good looking people well, and it is a sure way to pass down your gene, as the opposite sex will find you attractive. Attraction is a powerful force, and eating healthy with proper exercise can give you that, regardless of your financial status.

773 Likes 204 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by LordKO(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:
1. Lions are called the king of the jungle because Tigers (and other stronger formidable predators) do not live in the jungle. In other words, the people who look down on you do so because you haven't assumed your throne and shine in your glory. Go be a king in your domain.

2. Resurrect your inner d!ck. The world is a jungle, and being Mr nice guy will not take you far. The unrelenting you are to exhume your inner d!ck, the farther you go.

3. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. True life's education is experienced outside the classroom.

4. Being nice and incapable of inflicting harm is not a virtue. It is a weakness. The ability to inflict an untold amount of damages, but chooses not to, is a virtue.

5. If they stand behind you protect them. If they stand beside you, respect them. But if they stand against you, destroy them.

6. Be aware of your vices, and do not let it destroy your life. A typical vice for men is philandering, negative aggression, greed, alcoholism, etc. For women, it is prostitution, chaos, vindictiveness, narcissism, and dissatisfaction.

7. The antidote to suffering in life is responsibility. Find that thing that is worth dying for, and every other suffering you pass through shall be insignificant.

8. Never be afraid to walk alone, instead be afraid to walk mindlessly with the crowd. Your mind can be your greatest asset, and your greatest liability, depending on if you nourish it well.

9. As a man, your superpower lies in being masculine, and for women, being feminine. Understand this and accentuate it to the best of your ability.

10. The ability to express yourself eloquently is power. The power of speech can move mountains, bring down standing armies, and give meaning to life. Be eloquent.

11. The weaker you are, the more fight you will get into. The stronger you are, the less fight you will get into either. To thrive is to be tough.

Succinctly written.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Omar09(m): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

2. Resurrect your inner d!ck. The world is a jungle, and being Mr nice guy will not take you far. The unrelenting you are to exhume your inner d!ck, the farther you go.

3. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. True life's education is experienced outside the classroom.

4. Being nice and incapable of inflicting harm is not a virtue. It is a weakness. The ability to inflict an untold amount of damages, but chooses not to, is a virtue.

7. The antidote to suffering in life is responsibility. pursue what is worth dying for, and every other suffering you pass through shall be insignificant.

8. Never be afraid to walk alone, instead be afraid to walk mindlessly with the crowd. Your mind can be your greatest asset, and your greatest liability, depending on if you nourish it well.

9. As a man, your superpower lies in being masculine, and for women, being feminine. Understand this and accentuate it to the best of your ability.

10. The ability to express yourself eloquently is power. The power of speech can move mountains, bring down standing armies, and give meaning to life. Be eloquent. The content of your speech speaks more about the speaker, as opposed to the subject. The formation of your mental sophistication is expressed through the content of your words.

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your family. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker.

13. the natural mandate is that anything valuable comes from the inside. If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If it is broken by an inner force, life begins. Do not let external forces suppress your inner voice.

14. Approach every human relationship and connections with a sense of mutualism, conversely, do not entangle with someone who does not understand this timeless rules. Mutualism is growth, parasitism is death. The tree provides shelter for the bird to nest, and the birds help the tree by spreading its seeds to fertile ground. to germinate.

I'm gonna go ahead and steal this.

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by pansophist(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2020
Omar09:

I'm gonna go ahead and steal this.

Thief. grin

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Shegzdave: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

10. The ability to express yourself eloquently is power. The power of speech can move mountains, bring down standing armies, and give meaning to life. Be eloquent. The content of your speech speaks more about the speaker, as opposed to the subject. The formation of your mental sophistication is expressed through the content of your words.

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your family. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker. To understand the true meaning of love, substitute the word ''love'' with responsibility. Love without responsibility is not love, it is infatuation.

14. Approach every human relationship and connections with a sense of mutualism, conversely, do not entangle with someone who does not understand this timeless rules. Mutualism is growth, parasitism is death. The tree provides shelter for the bird to nest, and the birds help the tree by spreading its seeds to fertile ground. to germinate.

I've stolen this already,, I'm sorry and thanks for your understanding.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Biglittlelois(f): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your family. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker. To understand the true meaning of love, substitute the word ''love'' with responsibility. Love without responsibility is not love, it is infatuation.

Bookmarked.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by GANAYAD: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2020
@pansopist,

Bro you're very thirsty for power, good luck on the journey, ND pls don't get high on power when it finally comes

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by faithfull18(f): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2020
1. Do unto others what you want them to do to you.
2. Always speak your mind, let people know where you stand.
3. Do not follow the spirit of the majority.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by DontBullshitMe: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
100% mahn.
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Righteousness89(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lalasticlala , Mynd44

This is a very educative piece for all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by VirginFinder: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

@ bolden.. My Gguiding principles!

Let me add these

Don't always follow the Mmultitude... Mmajority are not always right..

- Stand for the truth, irrespective of whose or is gored

- I am Uuseless without GOD Almighty

- be very careful with your Ttongue! It could destroy and it could build !

- Listen to your wife, don't just bullshit wat she she says! In every thing you call Nnonsense, there is a sense!

- Strive to Pplease GOD ALMIGHTY Ffirst and your Cconscience next! Every other person will fall where they belong

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by kerny(f): 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
The volume of the words you type here is astronomical.
pansophist:

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Valid points...

Thefxchanger!!! Ads

Bring your bulk bitcoin now at 440/$...

Its a FIRE rate... 

Instant payment...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by MindExplorer(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Very educating. Nice one op.

5 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by SmartPolician: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by laosy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nice write up from the op and from the comments, as a youth, I'm just here to learn from the elders. Keep bringing them on!

14 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by cana882(m): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
I’ve learnt one very important lesson:

This life no balance

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Sewa90(f): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Number 3 tho....so on point
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mine is be your own Jesus

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Omar09(m): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Shegzdave:

I've stolen this already,, I'm sorry and thanks for your understanding.

Thief. Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Write4me(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Person go just wake and start typing with blurred eye?
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by allen113: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
ok
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by bytehead333: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
olabrinks:
1. Maintain your weight whilst your young. Not watching your weight will give you series of problem later on in life. Exercise and eat properly.

2. Dont be with someone who’s family do not like you. It is an everlasting battle that you will eventually lose.

3. You will not gain respect trying to please everyone. Stand up for yourself and always speak your mind.

11. Be careful with alcohol. It is addictive and very accessible, probably the worst drug out there.

no 2 and 9 seem contradictory.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by SenecaTheYonger: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
olabrinks:

What about sex?
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by atobs4real(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
OPAPA LEARN NONI

1 Like

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by oglalasioux(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Good one. But always try to acknowledge your source which in this case you lifted verbatim from Quora.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Northern Man Marries An Underaged Girl (Photos) / Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.