Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:35 PM

Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life (75267 Views)

My Single Neighbor Came Knocking At My Door Late In The Night / What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by mrdino(m): 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
olabrinks:
1. Maintain your weight whilst your young. Not watching your weight will give you series of problem later on in life. Exercise and eat properly.

2. Dont be with someone who’s family do not like you. It is an everlasting battle that you will eventually lose.

3. You will not gain respect trying to please everyone. Stand up for yourself and always speak your mind.

4. Only share things when you are established. People are envious and will try to destroy your plans if you share too quickly.

5. Listen more than you talk.

6. Social skills are paramount for getting further in life. You must learn how to make solid connections.

7. Elders do not know it best

8. Confidence is more valuable than looks

9. Your family doesn’t always want the best for you

10. No one will values you until you hit it big.

11. Be careful with alcohol. It is addictive and very accessible, probably the worst drug out there.

These are just some of mine, feel free to contribute some of yours.

12. You will never feature in a future you cannot picture.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Viktom(m): 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:
1. Lions are called the king of the jungle because Tigers (and other stronger formidable predators) do not live in the jungle. In other words, the people who look down on you do so because you haven't assumed your throne and shine in your glory. Go be a king in your domain.

2. Resurrect your inner b!tch. The world is a jungle, and being Mr nice guy will not take you far. The unrelenting you are to exhume your inner b!itch, the farther you go.

3. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. True life's education is experienced outside the classroom. know the difference between to be schooled and to be educated.

4. Being nice and incapable of inflicting harm is not a virtue. It is a weakness. The ability to inflict an untold amount of damages, but chooses not to, is a virtue.

5. If they stand behind you protect them. If they stand beside you, respect them. But if they stand against you, destroy them.

6. Be aware of your vices, and do not let it destroy your life. A typical vice for men is philandering, negative aggression, greed, alcoholism, etc. For women, it is prostitution, chaos, vindictiveness, narcissism, and dissatisfaction.

7. The antidote to suffering in life is responsibility. pursue what is worth dying for, and every other suffering you pass through shall be insignificant.

8. Never be afraid to walk alone, instead be afraid to walk mindlessly with the crowd. Your mind can be your greatest asset, and your greatest liability, depending on if you nourish it well. Be a solitary Tiger if needed, not a mindless sheep.

9. As a man, your superpower lies in being masculine, and for women, being feminine. Understand this and accentuate it to the best of your ability.

10. The ability to express yourself eloquently is power. The power of speech can move mountains, bring down standing armies, and give meaning to life. Be eloquent. The content of your speech speaks more about the speaker, as opposed to the subject. The formation of your mental sophistication is expressed through the content of your words.

11. The weaker you are, the more fight you will get into. The stronger you are, the less fight you will get into either. To thrive is to be tough.

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your family. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker. To understand the true meaning of love, substitute the word ''love'' with responsibility. Love without responsibility is not love, it is infatuation.

13. the natural mandate is that anything valuable comes from the inside. If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If it is broken by an inner force, life begins. Do not let external forces suppress your inner voice.

14. Approach every human relationship and connections with a sense of mutualism, conversely, do not entangle with someone who does not understand this timeless rules. Mutualism is growth, parasitism is death. The tree provides shelter for the bird to nest, and the birds help the tree by spreading its seeds to fertile ground. to germinate.

15. The gentle walk of a tiger is not foolishness, but strategic. In life, know when to give up, preserver, and what deserves your energy and resources, to avoid falling deep into the "sunk cost effect".

16. Have boundaries. A hen is harmless, but as soon as it hatches, its mouth used for eating becomes a weapon to defend and protects it chick, regardless of the aggressors size.

I have spent months interviewing people on life's secrets that if practiced by anyone will result to great fortune for him and you have just given me plenty to ponder about. it takes a little word to know a knowledgeable man hope you don't mind I share from your pool of wisdom.

I will lift everything into my book, hope you won't charge me for plagiarism?
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Wisif: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Nice one.

I reside and work in the UK. One thing i have learnt from these white guys is Minding your business this goes long way in our thought lives

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Onlinebar: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
1) If you come from a broke and broken family, be careful of your choice of course of study

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by ngwababe(f): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mine is: Life no get am for rule.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. Ecclesiastes 9:11.

Life is all about live, and let live.
The one wey gree you do, do am. If e no gree you, leave am.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by KhingLufem1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:
1. Lions are called the king of the jungle because Tigers (and other stronger formidable predators) do not live in the jungle. In other words, the people who look down on you do so because you haven't assumed your throne and shine in your glory. Go be a king in your domain.

2. Resurrect your inner b!tch. The world is a jungle, and being Mr nice guy will not take you far. The unrelenting you are to exhume your inner b!itch, the farther you go.

3. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. True life's education is experienced outside the classroom. know the difference between to be schooled and to be educated.

4. Being nice and incapable of inflicting harm is not a virtue. It is a weakness. The ability to inflict an untold amount of damages, but chooses not to, is a virtue.

5. If they stand behind you protect them. If they stand beside you, respect them. But if they stand against you, destroy them.

6. Be aware of your vices, and do not let it destroy your life. A typical vice for men is philandering, negative aggression, greed, alcoholism, etc. For women, it is prostitution, chaos, vindictiveness, narcissism, and dissatisfaction.

7. The antidote to suffering in life is responsibility. pursue what is worth dying for, and every other suffering you pass through shall be insignificant.

8. Never be afraid to walk alone, instead be afraid to walk mindlessly with the crowd. Your mind can be your greatest asset, and your greatest liability, depending on if you nourish it well. Be a solitary Tiger if needed, not a mindless sheep.

9. As a man, your superpower lies in being masculine, and for women, being feminine. Understand this and accentuate it to the best of your ability.

10. The ability to express yourself eloquently is power. The power of speech can move mountains, bring down standing armies, and give meaning to life. Be eloquent. The content of your speech speaks more about the speaker, as opposed to the subject. The formation of your mental sophistication is expressed through the content of your words.

11. The weaker you are, the more fight you will get into. The stronger you are, the less fight you will get into either. To thrive is to be tough.

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your family. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker. To understand the true meaning of love, substitute the word ''love'' with responsibility. Love without responsibility is not love, it is infatuation.

13. the natural mandate is that anything valuable comes from the inside. If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If it is broken by an inner force, life begins. Do not let external forces suppress your inner voice.

14. Approach every human relationship and connections with a sense of mutualism, conversely, do not entangle with someone who does not understand this timeless rules. Mutualism is growth, parasitism is death. The tree provides shelter for the bird to nest, and the birds help the tree by spreading its seeds to fertile ground. to germinate.

15. The gentle walk of a tiger is not foolishness, but strategic. In life, know when to give up, preserver, and what deserves your energy and resources, to avoid falling deep into the "sunk cost effect".

16. Have boundaries. A hen is harmless, but as soon as it hatches, its mouth used for eating becomes a weapon to defend and protects it chick, regardless of the aggressors size.

This is incredible.........nice creativity
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Karlifate: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
geosegun:

I think you are the one contradicting yourself, here . 2 - is for other families (friends, partners' family)? and 9 - is for your own family. There are Yoruba adages that support these assertions.
I just taya for some pipu.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Nafizzey(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by wallexbaba(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s][/s]
pansophist:

12. Anyone that loves you in the truest meaning of love is your MOTHER. Love unites people not blood, though love coming from blood relation is thicker. To understand the true meaning of love, substitute the word ''love'' with responsibility. Love without responsibility is not love, it is infatuation.

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Adjovi: 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
You can't know how high you can fly if you don't try.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by mrdino(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
13. With freedom comes huge amount of responsibilities.
14. As a man thinketh, so he his.

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Flairoqy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
1. Practice Mindfulness, You'll always be aware of priorities. 2. Maintain mental health, don't get overwhelmed by social media. 3. Don't be a scammer.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by investigator007: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
so much life lessons to learn in one post.
olabrinks:
1. Maintain your weight whilst your young. Not watching your weight will give you series of problem later on in life. Exercise and eat properly.

2. Dont be with someone who’s family do not like you. It is an everlasting battle that you will eventually lose.

3. You will not gain respect trying to please everyone. Stand up for yourself and always speak your mind.

4. Only share things when you are established. People are envious and will try to destroy your plans if you share too quickly.

6. Social skills are paramount for getting further in life. You must learn how to make solid connections.

11. Be careful with alcohol. It is addictive and very accessible, probably the worst drug out there.

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by madridsta007(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
olabrinks:

12. Humility and gratitude are powerful.

13. In the corporate world— essentially any world outside your house, recommendations are powerful! Ensure your attitude and work ethics is good enough to be recommended by someone.

14. Again, humility and gratitude is more powerful than you think.

15. Be ruthless in pursuing results. You don’t mean much until you show results.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by pansophist(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Viktom:

I have spent months interviewing people on life's secrets that if practiced by anyone will result to great fortune for him and you have just given me plenty to ponder about. it takes a little word to know a knowledgeable man hope you don't mind I share from your pool of wisdom.

I will lift everything into my book, hope you won't charge me for plagiarism?

Feel free, though ill appreciate a reference.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by donjazet(m): 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
One of the best threads I've come across on nairaland.
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by saladinnoir: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
I only have one
We are all victims of circumstance and chance for while effort aids a mans movement you can't run in the sea

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Karlifate: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hezmatosky:

Number 12, say no to pdp
Number 13, find ur way out of Nigeria
Number 14, education has no value in Nigeria
Number 15, learn something during and after sch
Number 16, believe, Nigeria govt can ruin your dreams grin
Funny BUT true.
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Inception100: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
this is one of the best topic have seen this week on nairaland front-page
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Fakoyede(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
nice words of wisdom! Let me quickly add mine.
1) always plan your work and always work your plan.
2) Never misunderstood failure to be delay or Stagnation
3) You are the product of your heart
4) In all your ways acknowledge Jesus Christ!

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by venmotors(m): 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

Just wow

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

I think you should review point 1. All strong and formidable predators all live in the same jungle as the lion do. The lion it regarded the king of the jungle because of one peculiar trait. That's its daring nature. A lion will dare to hunt any kind of animal others wouldn't dare to hunt.
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Yxxx: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Education is not key but exposure is key.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
I like these rules.
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Inception100: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
let me add my own

1. be bold enough to be creative, innovative and humbled.

2. never settle for little.

3. time as we know it is a constant reminder of our deeds, make ur a positive one today.

4. always make use of what u have the best way ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Akalia(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
bytehead333:

no 2 and 9 seem contradictory.
Literally they contradict each other. Number 1 is not valid for me; number 9 is valid based on personal experience.
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by chudez0147(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
pansophist:

I love this one ....
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by mimimile93: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:

@ bolden.. My Guiding principles!

Let me add these

-Don't always follow the Multitude... Majority are not always right..

- Stand for the truth, irrespective of whose OX is gored

- I am Useless without GOD Almighty

- GOD ALMIGHTY is not Committed to where He didn't send you! Operate by Divine Leading/Direction

- be very careful with your Tongue! It could destroy and it could build you!

- Life is not by Struggle! It is a Gift From God! If God does not Give , you will not get! and if you go ahead to get it without Him, it ends in Tears and pains..

- Flee Fornication; Life will be much more Stressless..

- Listen to your wife, don't just bullshit wat she says! In every thing you call Nonsense, there is a sense!

- Strive to Please GOD ALMIGHTY First and your Conscience next! Every other person will fall where they belong
[/s]
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by Inception100: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
situation and circumstance makes a man
Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Am inspired......really inspired....
A times we tend to lose guard but thanks to this master piece words of wisdom, both Op and other contributors......

I have even made first victory from one of the words....

Acting Mr Nice guy to one of my client, but after going through this thread, I found my confidence back and gave him a call that made him to sit up

I appreciate my people....

1 Like

Re: Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
mimimile93:
[s][/s]

Why cancelling his words instead of dropping yours for people to learn or avoid.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Xiaoyu: 14-Year-Old Chinese Boy Set To Be Tallest Teen In The World At 7.25 Feet / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Man Catches Neighbour Having Sex With His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.