Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

PC Experts Help! My Laptop Is Running Slow - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PC Experts Help! My Laptop Is Running Slow (349 Views)

Experts, Help Me Confirm Price O / Laptop Running Slow Solution / 10 Reasons Your Computer Is Frustratingly Slow And What To Do About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PC Experts Help! My Laptop Is Running Slow by Mayfrank(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2020
I just got this msi from someone and it's running slow. I've done all the windows updates possible. And it's still slow.

Any idea?

Spec
Msi ge72
16ram
2gb Nvidia gtx960m
1tb
Re: PC Experts Help! My Laptop Is Running Slow by khalhokage(m): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2020
Just do a fresh install.

If it is currently running Windows 10 then you can refresh it through the recovery menu.
Re: PC Experts Help! My Laptop Is Running Slow by FluxEmpire(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
If you've done every update available and it's still the same, I'd suspect the problem could be your hard drive (hard disk) and not the SSD since SSDs are faster than the HDD and it's the SSD that boots up the laptop; my guess would be a 128gb or 256gb but the hard drive takes your documents and Windows storage (system32 and system64wow)

OPTION 1
On your Windows homepage,
- go to the white search button and type: "command prompt"
- when it appears in the option, right click on it and run as administrator in the drop-down menu that appears after you right click, then the command prompt interface would open.

On the Command Prompt Interface
- type wmic and hit Enter.
- type "diskdrive get status" and hit Enter.

If you see the interface saying, "your hard disk is fine, you would get a message, "OK" but if you don't see "OK," then you'd know you've got a bad hard disk.

OPTION 2
Download hard disk sentinel and run the setup... Once you're done installing it, open it and it'd show you the status and health of your hard drive as well as the lifespan it has left... If it's bad, it'd tell you...

Note: in option 1, don't type the apostrophe " which I used to enclose those words; they were used as references to let you know the keywords to input.

It could probably mean you were given a bad hard disk.
Wishing you all the best...
Re: PC Experts Help! My Laptop Is Running Slow by anthonysmith123: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Choose the best pc tune up software for you and run it to optimize all processes on your PC and clean it from the waste files. It can help to speed up your system as you will clean it from unexpected data adn will finish the unnecessary processes. I use Iobit Advanced SystemCare and Wise Care 365. If it will not help, check all drivers adn updates and test all hardware.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Hp Elitebook 6930p Dual Core 45k / Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse Available For Sales And Supply / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.