Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

I Need Advice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Advice (550 Views)

Please, I Need Advice On Christian Marriage / Need Advice. I Have Been Given An Evil Heart / Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice by midehill(m): 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
I believe God wants to use me and recently i observed i love doing comedy videos.

I heard a voice in my heart telling me to leave comedy and serve God wholeheartedly but deep down in me i want to do both

but a voice came to me that you cannot serve God and mammon.

my question is

is comedy a sin?
advice me on what to do

meanwhile, people wants to see more of my comedy ooo...i think itz my talent.

won't God asked me on the last day that the talent he gave me, how did i use it if i don't do comedy
Re: I Need Advice by yanabasee1(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Comedy is not a sin..... But you don't have to ridicule God when making your jokes......

What you need is to live a good live and do whatever is right and good....Then, you have to earn money with the gifted talent....

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
midehill:

won't God asked me on the last day that the talent he gave me, how did i use it if i don't do comedy
Yeah, sorry! when Jesus told the parable of talents, He was in no way refering to literal talents like your comedic talents there. grin

You probably heard pastors assume that it does, but is in no way true.
Re: I Need Advice by sakanifemi123(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
firstly seek kingdom God and his righteousness all things will added on to thee. so obey go first the rest is simple.
Re: I Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
sakanifemi123:
firstly seek kingdom God and his righteousness all things will added on to thee. so obey go first the rest is simple.
True words
Re: I Need Advice by Missyajoke(f): 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
As God for directions, a voice was telling you? Is it of God or the Devil. Please ask God to show you your path so you won't miss it.
Re: I Need Advice by Illuminatus(m): 6:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Whenever you’re ready, whenever you’re ready, you will surrender to your mission, your dream. You will stop looking for reasons why you shouldn’t do what you must do, less constricted by vague interpretations.

Till then, ask questions, seek answers.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2020
Sir!!!!

I'll advice you to seat down with your God and discuss make goals, make in between goals....

Define what you want.....

Make mistakes and rise.....

There nothing like serving wholeheartedly.... you're only going to steal wholeheartedly.....

Make ur comedy, you'll help people laugh out their sorrows,the money realised can be used to help the less privily....Danke....

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by Nephilim: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2020
midehill:
I believe God wants to use me and recently i observed i love doing comedy videos.

I heard a voice in my heart telling me to leave comedy and serve God wholeheartedly but deep down in me i want to do both

my question is

is comedy a sin?
advice me on what to do

you can't be serving God and be doing comedy. It's better you dropped that comedy and focus on working for God before you end up in the belly of the fish like Jonah, you may not have another chance like Jonah lolz. Seriously, that's just it. And it's better you start early too.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
yanabasee1:
Comedy is not a sin..... But you don't have to ridicule God when making your jokes......
What you need is to live a good live and do whatever is right and good....Then, you have to earn money with the gifted talent....
Actually God does not care if comedians poke fun at Him. Remember, He created the very idea of comedy.
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
sakanifemi123:

God'spower sakanwi how u dey
Re: I Need Advice by sakanifemi123(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
we really thank God oooookkk
Re: I Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
midehill:
I believe God wants to use me and recently i observed i love doing comedy videos. I heard a voice in my heart telling me to leave comedy and serve God wholeheartedly but deep down in me i want to do both but a voice came to me that you cannot serve God and mammon.

Are you certain the voice is from God and not your mind opposing your desire? Do what John the apostle said to do. Test the spirit by asking some simple questions such as "Who is Jesus Christ, and what is He to you?" I can tell you that this in fact works because if the Spirit of God is indeed the one who revealed this to you, you will know.

1 John 4 vs 1-3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. My dear friends, many false prophets are in the world now. So don’t believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see if they are from God.
2. This is how you can recognize God’s Spirit. One spirit says, “I believe that Jesus is the Messiah who came to earth and became a man.” That Spirit is from God.
3. Another spirit refuses to say this about Jesus. That spirit is not from God. This is the spirit of the enemy of Christ. You have heard that the enemy of Christ is coming, and now he is already in the world.
Of course, you have to be honest with yourself if you want to know the truth. grin
midehill:
my question is
is comedy a sin?
advice me on what to do
Comedy is not a sin. First think to do is to seek God's Kingdom and His righteousness. You have to find God, and the only way to find Him is to develop a passion for Him,by obeying the commandments of Jesus Christ(not your pastor's teachings) and asking Him to help you in every way to learn more about Him.
midehill:
If comedy is what you love, continue, even as you continue to pursue God. If God wants something else for you, He will lead you into it Himself.
Re: I Need Advice by VBCampaign: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
midehill:

my question is

is comedy a sin?
advice me on what to do

The voice speaking to you is not God's. God's voice is in the Bible. Read it.

Obey God.

Live holy.

Do whatever your hands finds doing well.

Do whatever you love doing.

... And God will lead you through life to what you should use your life for.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by midehill(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nephilim:
you can't be serving God and be doing comedy. It's better you dropped that comedy and focus on working for God before you end up in the belly of the fish like Jonah, you may not have another chance like Jonah lolz. Seriously, that's just it. And it's better you start early too.

Hmmmn i taught as much but deep down i still want to continue doing comedy...i ave strong passion for it so i wont take ur advice

I will still serve God the same
Re: I Need Advice by midehill(m): 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
Xavfra:
Sir!!!!

I'll advice you to seat down with your God and discuss make goals, make in between goals....

Define what you want.....

Make mistakes and rise.....

There nothing like serving wholeheartedly.... you're only going to steal wholeheartedly.....

Make ur comedy, you'll help people laugh out their sorrows,the money realised can be used to help the less privily....Danke....

Appreciate ur one cent

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by midehill(m): 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
But guys if i am doing comedy, won't i be using worldly song as an effect...is that not a sin?
Re: I Need Advice by midehill(m): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
VBCampaign:

The voice speaking to you is not God's. God's voice is in the Bible. Read it.

Obey God.

Live holy.

Do whatever your hands finds doing well.

Do whatever you love doing.

... And God will lead you through life to what you should use your life for.

But if i am doing comedy, i will b using wordly songs as sound effect... Is that not a sin?
Re: I Need Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
midehill:
But guys if i am doing comedy, won't i be using worldly song as an effect...is that not a sin?
God already defined that which is sin in the bible. You don't get to add your own definitions to the stack as that constitutes arrogance on your part.

Let God be your guide, not the words of men, flesh and blood like yourself
Re: I Need Advice by midehill(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God already defined that which is sin in the bible. You don't get to add your own definitions to the stack as that constitutes arrogance on your part.

Let God be your guide, not the words of men, flesh and blood like yourself

Okay thnks
Re: I Need Advice by VBCampaign: 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
midehill:

But if i am doing comedy, i will b using wordly songs as sound effect... Is that not a sin?

I also included "live holy". Separate yourself from anything that defiles body and spirit. It may mean ending your comedy and finding something else to do.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 25, 2020
"Comedy" is making a mockery or ridiculing someone to induce laughter in your audience.

Now, what does the bible say about making jest of someone?. Plus you already heard a voice advising you against it. Which shows it is wrong; also a sin.
Re: I Need Advice by Nephilim: 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2020
midehill:

Hmmmn i taught as much but deep down i still want to continue doing comedy...i ave strong passion for it so i wont take ur advice

I will still serve God the same
no wahala! It's your choice, it's your calling grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by karo93: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2020
Apostle Paul was a preacher and worked as a tent maker. You can work and still work for God.

Gleanings from various men of God seem to show that they usually start ministry while still doing normal work until God tells them to focus totally on ministry. And that is between you and God.

To be fair sha i dont think comedy will boost your career as a minister of the gospel.... unless somehow your jokes and skits point people to God.

Its no sin but i may not add positively to a preaching ministry. It may add to a drama ministry though

But ofcourse if your question is just about you personally serving God you can disregard everything i have said. Its not for you
Re: I Need Advice by karo93: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2020
If its about personally serving God. Comedy is not a sin, Non-christian songs are only bad when they promote ungodly values.

But God sometimes consecrates people differently to prepare them for separate tasks and lifestyles.

God gave John the baptist so many strange rules to separate him

If God wants to separate you from comedy, you will have to be sure its God speaking and not your mind and indoctrination about what is right and wrong

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Revenge, Vengeance, And Forgiveness. Which Is The Best? / You Must Be A Muslim To Comment On This Thread / Africans Get Up Everyday Bowing To Jesus And Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.