Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

There Is No Greater Love Than This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Greater Love Than This (250 Views)

There's No Greater Love Than These! / Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Greater Love Than This by terrezo2002(m): 10:21am On Jun 23, 2020
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
God's love for us supercedes every kind of love.
He gave us all. He loved us while we were yet sinners.

What does God expect from you?
God expects you to love the way He loves too. Give yourself for others.
Love both your neighbors and your enemies.
Do good to those who hate you.
Care for both the grateful and ungrateful.
Forgive everyone who hurt you.
Pray for everyone.
It is more blessed to be on the giving side than to be on the recieving side.
God bless you.
Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2020
terrezo2002:
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
God's love for us supercedes every kind of love.
He gave us all. He loved us while we were yet sinners.

What does God expect from you?
God expects you to love the way He loves too. Give yourself for others.
Love both your neighbors and your enemies.
Do good to those who hate you.
Care for both the grateful and ungrateful.
Forgive everyone who hurt you.
Pray for everyone.
It is more blessed to be on the giving side than to be on the recieving side.
God bless you.
Really?

Check this out!
Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2020
SEE MY TOP 9 LOVABLE kiss

No. 1:
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

No. 2:
“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

No. 3:
“Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

No. 4: The ending of Psalm 137, a psalm which was made into a disco calypso hit by Boney M, is often omitted from readings in church:
“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

No. 5:
“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

No. 6:
“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

No. 7:
“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

No. 8:
‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

No. 9:
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)
Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by terrezo2002(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:
SEE MY TOP 9 LOVABLE kiss

No. 1:
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

No. 2:
“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

No. 3:
“Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

No. 4: The ending of Psalm 137, a psalm which was made into a disco calypso hit by Boney M, is often omitted from readings in church:
“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

No. 5:
“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

No. 6:
“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

No. 7:
“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

No. 8:
‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

No. 9:
“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)
You do not understand a lot of things dear. You just copied and pasted bible verses without knowing what it says. Those who truly know God knows He is loving and compassionate even though He is God of justice and truth. Even testimonies from former atheists who encountered God testify of His mercies.
My friend, pray to God to reveal Himself to you.
Bless you
Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 23, 2020
terrezo2002:

You do not understand a lot of things dear. You just copied and pasted bible verses without knowing what it says. Those who truly know God knows He is loving and compassionate even though He is God of justice and truth. Even testimonies from former atheists who encountered God testify of His mercies.
My friend, pray to God to reveal Himself to you.
Bless you

The level of ignorance, HYPOCRISY, stupîdity and intolerance some of you showcase is amazing.

It is stupîd to think that that God who knows the beginning and the end, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscience will create evil (devil) for no reason.
From story of Adam and Eve, if God truly knows a man's intentions and deeds even before his actions, WHY DID HE CREATE THE FORBIDDEN TREE IN THE FIRST PLACE?
Think about it!
EVERYTHING IS A SET-UP!
WE ARE LIKE THE COMPUTER PROGRAM...

Forget the nonsense "FREEWILL"
Freewill doesn't make any sense if God already knows what actions we'll eventually take.

About evil,
God is EVIL and also GOOD.
GOD IS THE BALANCE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL.

According to your Bible:

Isaiah 45:7

I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.
Proverbs 16:4

The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

2 Chronicles 18:22

Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets. The Lord has declared disaster concerning you.”

If you need more, I can give you.
IT'S YOU THAT NEEDS BIBLE EDUCATION BECAUSE, YOU'RE JUST HYPOCRITICAL BIASED.

LASTLY,
Romans 11:36

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. (Good and evil).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by terrezo2002(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

The level of ignorance, HYPOCRISY, stupîdity and intolerance some of you showcase is amazing.

It is stupîd to think that that God who knows the beginning and the end, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscience will create evil (devil) for no reason.
From story of Adam and Eve, if God truly knows a man's intentions and deeds even before his actions, WHY DID HE CREATE THE FORBIDDEN TREE IN THE FIRST PLACE?
Think about it!
EVERYTHING IS A SET-UP!

Freewill doesn't make any sense if God already knows what actions we'll eventually take.

About evil,

According to your Bible:

I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets. The Lord has declared disaster concerning you.”

LASTLY,

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. (Good and evil).
Well, I am not a man of many words and from what I can see in you is that no amount of words can convince you.
My advice for you is that you should ask all these questions to God in prayers to Him. Be humble before Him with an open heart. I am sure He will listen to you and answer your questions.
Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2020
terrezo2002:

Well, I am not a man of many words and from what I can see in you is that no amount of words can convince you.
My advice for you is that you should ask all these questions to God in prayers to Him. Be humble before Him with an open heart. I am sure He will listen to you and answer your questions.
I don't need any answers again to complement what I know already.
You're the one living in confusion, hypocrisy and denial.
Being "God is good apologist" won't give you any salvation neither will it make God love you more.
Mind you, I'm not an atheist and I believe in almighty God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There Is No Greater Love Than This by HitSong: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Think about it!
EVERYTHING IS A SET-UP!

About evil,

According to your Bible:

LASTLY,

Wow!
This is intelligent.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

#PREDICTION: This Might Soon Happen On Nairaland / Deeperlife And Christlife Holiness / Damilola Mike-bamiloye's 'abattoir' Set For Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.