Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor (24731 Views)

Christ Embassy Has Raised 50 People From The Dead - Chris Oyakhilome / Dunamis Statement On Arrest, Detention Of Buhari Must Go Protesters In Abuja / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by coalcoal1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
ha
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
If you cannot obey simple rules, lock up Ur Church like Chris okotie did.

All these disco church sef
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by IamTallest: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Religion is not christianity....
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
What they can't do in UK they are doing in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by bobolistica(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
wetin concern me
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Clothingonline9(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
How many Christ Embasy in Uyo the one I attended don’t look like this.
2017 wale Adenuga was their pastor
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by OkoAmarashy: 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
The members are acting on the nonsense being said by Oyakhilome. Let them remain locked up till they have sense.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by yvelchstores(f): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
The Media man was covering the online sermon. How does that breach any law? You nairalanders are so shameless, you will support anything that is against the church of Christ,whether right or wrong. Shame on u

10 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Softhands(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
When you are ready to tax the Sultan of Sokoto being the head of Muslims in Nigeria, then the Church in Nigeria too will pay tax... Idiota!
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nor mind them there own too much
All these religious institutions supposed dey pay tax
Make their body dey calm down small small

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by yvelchstores(f): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
OkoAmarashy:
The members are acting on the nonsense being said by Oyakhilome. Let them remain locked up till they have sense.
oh please shut up!

6 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Emmacolinho(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
CAN is a scam
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by FlordFlorez(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
This people no know waitin dey happen. Let them suffer! Businesschurch.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Ekugbeh(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Lol. Sue them. Freedom of gathering enmeshed in the Constitution supersedes any gov order. No order is greater than law of the land.

And besides, Christ Embassy is not a member of CAN.

Lol.

They keep imagining vain things.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by ChelseaDr(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
There's always a second side to a story.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by mmsen: 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:
Pastor Chris oyakhilome and his people are being stupid this Corona season.

They're doing too much.

When are churches and pastors not stupid?
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Openbusiness: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
They should leave Christ Embassy alone. Release the pastor and the videographer immediately

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by mmsen: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ekugbeh:
Lol. Sue them. Freedom of gathering enmeshed in the Constitution supersedes any gov order. No order is greater than law of the land.

Lol.

An emergency order supersedes legislation.

I don't know why some people think it is so important to gather during a global pandemic but I say that we let them so that they can wipe themselves out.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by OkoAmarashy: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
yvelchstores:
oh please shut up!

Look here, you stupid b1tch, go and tell your idiotic Pastors that if they do anyhow, they would see anyhow. Even Oyakhilome himself would be jailed and he can continue his ministry from there.

The fact that they bleep you b1tches for free in CE doesn't mean everyone is stupid like you.

4 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by OkoAmarashy: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ekugbeh:

Lol.

Freedom of association, not freedom of gathering. Your freedom of Association is subject to legislation.
Na olodo like you full Christ Embassy. No wonder una Pastor na 5G technician.

5 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by colestephan86: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

When they told fashola that they are voluntary organisations, he told them to pay land use .

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by kristisking(m): 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
This act by Christ Embassy fully supported by their head is one of the reasons why some people often drag Christianity in the mud. Is it a sin to obey the law of the land as a Christian? The bible says make peace with all men. How can you make peace when you don't obey rules? They should face the consequencies of their action. I am a Christian too. Why are they even dragging CAN into it. Nonsense!
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
Until u hear d real issue from the two sides involved in it, don't judge.
Everyone knows that the government officials can lie to cover up their inadequacy.
Secondly, most Christians association don't trust CAN anymore on how they handle issues.
Since Pastor Chris said it that Christ Embassy isn't a member of CAN I know there will be issues.

5 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by OkoAmarashy: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
yvelchstores:
The Media man was covering the online sermon. How does that breach any law? You nairalanders are so shameless, you will support anything that is against the church of Christ,whether right or wrong. Shame on u

Stop making a fool of yourself. Why were those 2 the only ones arrested. Were they the only ones at the service? Even the ushers weren't arrested.

Those fools thought because they are in Church, they can misbehave. Even Oyakhilome would be jailed and nothing would happen.

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by BreconHills(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
SmartProf:
Let me not speak about a matter that is in court. But my advise to Christ embassy is that even the Bible admonishes that obedience is better than sacrifice (1Sam. 15:22). As long as the government is an earthly authority, u must respect their policies and abide by the directives issued by them on containing Covid 19 spread.

You can speak about a matter in court since you are not an interested party. You have the freedom to hold your opinion so long as it does not slander or defame.

BTW, I completely agree with you!

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by yvelchstores(f): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
OkoAmarashy:

Look here, you stupid b1tch, go and tell your idiotic Pastors that if they do anyhow, they would see anyhow. Even Oyakhilome himself would be jailed and he can continue his ministry from there.

The fact that they bleep you b1tches for free in CE doesn't mean everyone is stupid like you.
your frustration hasn't even started so buckle up!
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by realstars: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
Havy Game, Govenment Vs Religon
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Talkingoil(m): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:
Pastor Chris oyakhilome and his people are being stupid this Corona season.

They're doing too much.
You're very childish and ignorant for this statement, can't you make your point without insulting people?
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by do4luv14(m): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
You and your danm nigrrrt, and your yeye bill are the reason Muslims in the north are laffing

so for ya danm nigarrr mind, church nor dey pay tax abi,

the PHCN bills, the land use bills, to mention a few, nah Govt they pay for church shey?

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I go run am last last sha after i join politics

Last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
i go Join a party with Great ideology
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PDP

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government
Then boom
I go introduce the bill make all religious institutions dey pay huge amount of tax
I go propose or introduce the bill to legalize weed
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Commonsense99: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
grin
You are suing a government agency in a government Court?
I have seen pentecostalism and their misbehaviour, but this christ embassy in on a different level of madness all together.. If you dig deep they must have attacked the officals first, their members have that charisma to be stvpid.

A church where the GO is adving his brainless sheep's to go and touch covid-19 patients, will anyone blame UK who banned the guy from UK media totally?
this kind of church should be banned totally.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by do4luv14(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yes the bible says so, but have you been to any of the branch, to see otherwise, where the church disobey the law?

Govt gives a directive, the church abides by it,

if you had seen otherwise, state it here, let me counter you

SmartProf:
Let me not speak about a matter that is in court. But my advise to Christ embassy is that even the Bible admonishes that obedience is better than sacrifice (1Sam. 15:22). As long as the government is an earthly authority, u must respect their policies and abide by the directives issued by them on containing Covid 19 spread.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by brendan007: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
When government issued the directive suspending social gatherings including religious meetings, we all were unhappy.

1. CE affirmed repeatedly that it is not a member of CAN, not at the national or state level.

2. CAN in Akwa Ibom State wrote to the government requesting that churches be opened for worship. In its request, they stated the terms under which they were to operate putting into consideration the NCDC guidelines.

3. Government satisfied with what CAN presented, approved that churches in the state be opened under strict compliance. Churches were then formally opened.

4. CE which is not a member of CAN equally opened after CAN conveyed the government's decision to churches.

5. CE still with the mindset that they are not a part of CAN and so could not be bound by the terms earlier stipulated decided to operate on their own terms.

6. This is what resulted in the clash we now read of as government had setup a task force to ensure compliance to CAN's terms.

Personally, I believe CE should have remained shut until they were capable of presenting their own terms of operation to the government for approval.

Since they decided to open their church after CAN got the approval to do so, then I can safely assume that they are bound by CAN's submission to the government.

In as much as we are in the world and not of the world, God still wants us to obey earthly authority except they asked you to deny Jesus Christ in which case a simple "No!" will suffice.

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by maximusprime2000: 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Janet Olukoya Is Dead! Daniel Olukoya's Mother Dies / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.