Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

How Do “savings And Current Account Works” - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do “savings And Current Account Works” (1215 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / Current Affairs Questions And Answers For 1960 Till Date / What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do “savings And Current Account Works” by tmphoto(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hello Nairaland,

So I have been hearing this [/b]Savings and Current Account[b] without knowing what the both really means.
It happens that I and my friends were arguing how both of the accounts worked yesterday and I was hell bent on the Savings Account that it is the Account associated with Cheques while Current Account is just for the daily transactions.

N/B: While arguing about it, I really do not know how it works or why it’s been called titles but I just kept and my friend later heeded to my own Explanation or View grin

So the question is what does this both Accounts stands for and how it works maybe there’s still a lot of people out here and there that does not know it
Re: How Do “savings And Current Account Works” by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
So you two were just arguing what you two knew nothing about smh
Re: How Do “savings And Current Account Works” by edoairways: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
1. While a Savings Account is one wherein you deposit your savings with the bank and earn interest on the same, a current account is one where you deposit money to carry. However the former has been abused by holders hence resulting to charges from banks.

2.A savings account can only be opened by individuals for their use. It is generally opened for a short term to save money for vacations, make big and small purchases, etc. Current account is opened by businesses or firms who want to conduct various bank transactions according to the need of their business.
For more information kindly visit https://www.aubank.in/blogs/what-is-the-difference-between-current-and-savings-accounts or use the google search engine.

4 Likes

Re: How Do “savings And Current Account Works” by tmphoto(m): 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
edoairways:
1. While a Savings Account is one wherein you deposit your savings with the bank and earn interest on the same, a current account is one where you deposit money to carry. However the former has been abused by holders hence resulting to charges from banks.

2.A savings account can only be opened by individuals for their use. It is generally opened for a short term to save money for vacations, make big and small purchases, etc. Current account is opened by businesses or firms who want to conduct various bank transactions according to the need of their business.
For more information kindly visit https://www.aubank.in/blogs/what-is-the-difference-between-current-and-savings-accounts or use the google search engine.

Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: How Do “savings And Current Account Works” by edoairways: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
tmphoto:

Thanks for the enlightenment
You are welcome

2 Likes

Re: How Do “savings And Current Account Works” by Thesameabdul: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thanks for this information OP. I recently opened a GTB savings account. it's amazing the stuffs I can do with *737# without physically going to the bank.

(1) (Reply)

2021/2022 Unilag Postgraduate Msc Form Exam Date Past Questions 2021/2022 Thread / Judge The Content!! / A Month To May 2023 Diet: 3 Reasons That Affect Some ICAN Students...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.