Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} (17053 Views)

❤ HIS SON - SEQUEL TO MY CAMPUS LIFE ❤ / Campus Life / Love Gone Wrong : True Life Stories Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 05, 2020
By the way, where can I find a guy like Philip? The guy is just so good kiss kiss

cheesy
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2020
Back from church... and here we go grin grin

EPISODE TWENTY

☆ ☆  ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ   ☆ ☆

"Commence CPR. CPR - clear!"

I watched the doctor try to revive a patient, as no one paid attention to me. I had no idea what was going on, and I was eager to know what was happening.

I drew closer, seeing the young brunette on the bed, as I gasped in shock. "I'm dead! I really am." I pushed forward, trying to get back with my body.

A gust of wind came blowing from nowhere, and I struggled to not let it take me away.

I cried bitterly, realizing the painful truth, as I wished there was something I could do to make things right. You're stronger than this, Tricia. It isn't your time yet. "It's not your time!" A loud scream erupted in the air, and everything became still.

☆~ ☆ ~ ☆

"We were able to keep her stable," The doctor spoke, not taking his eyes off the file.

"Stable?" Mrs. Parker clasped her hands together on her chest. "grin-doctor, will she be okay?"

"Yes." He gave a straight answer and adjusted his glasses. "But I must say that we had some complications -" He stopped peering into the file and looked up at them.

"Wh-what complications, doctor?" Mr. Parker asked with worry.

"You see, your daughter wasn't able to withstand the shock the concussion had on her," The doctor explained.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Mr. Parker cut in.

"It means she'll be needing a heart transplant immediately." He broke the news to them, and Lucille's heart felt heavy.

"Doctor? No, no, no. It can't be my own Tricia. What does she need a heart transplant for? Isn't she young for that?" Her face got wet with tears.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but that's what we need to do," The doctor said.

"Or else what?"

"Or she dies," Raymond uttered in a low tone. "Doc, what do we need to do? Where do we sign?"He said to the doctor, who went by the name Henry.

Mrs. Parker turned to her husband, surprised at his easy giving-in. "Raymond, you can't let them do this to her. Our daughter is so young."

"We have no choice, Lucille. It's either this or nothing," He bit his lower lip in pain.

"But Raymond, no. We can't let them operate on our little girl. We can't let them!" Mrs. Parker objected, clinging to her husband. "Why can't we just take her to a better hospital? What if things go wrong? I'm so scared." She shook doubtfully.

"Lucille, can you please be positive for once? The doctor has already made his decision. What else are we going to do? You think I'm not worried about our daughter, too?"

"Don't worry, Mrs. Parker. My team and I will try our possible best." Doctor Henry assured, and the worried couple thanked him.

Mrs. Parker, already relaxed on hearing the doctor's words, wished for nothing else but to have daughter back in her embrace... again.

☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆

PHILIP'S P.O.V

I was still worried about Tricia, and wished she'd just wake up. It's being three weeks, and yet she didn't utter any word. I was starting to miss her, and I wished  she didn't have to go through all this trouble.

The monster that was responsible for this, was no where to be found. I wondered why the cops were taking really long, and hoped they'd be able to catch him in time, so justice will be served!

The day was bright and sunny, and the warm summer air which hovered in the light, swayed the blue curtains back and forth, making the curtain rings dangle from their poles.

It wasn't so exciting for me, as I was completely lost. I left the window side, absentminded still, and walked back to the bed. Taking Tricia's hand in mine, I rubbed it gently, brought my head down and took a deep breath.

I let go of her hand and took a quick look at my watch. Seeing the time clock three, I gave a fast look at Tricia, though piteous, and made to leave.

The moment I headed out the door, I walked downstairs, hoping to reach the vending machine in no time. I felt really hungry, so I wanted to have Smucker's and a bottle of mountain dew, but since it was a hospital, and there was no way I could get the latter until I walked a bit further, I just had to stick with what the vending machine gave me.

I slipped in my coin and a cheez-it snack came sliding out.

I picked it up and made back upstairs. On reaching the private room Tricia was placed in, I noticed the door was partly open, meaning someone had gone in. But who could that be? I stood alerted, wondering how someone could have tampered with the door so fast. "Oh, no!" A frightened image struck mind. "Tricia's in there," I hurried toward the door.

I peeped inside, catching not a glimpse of anyone, as I fully stepped inside.

I moved to Tricia's side, and made to sit at the sofa just by her bedside, as my eyes sighted the hospital thingy on the left. Thought this was on? Why isn't it showing anything?" I examined closely.

I moved backwards, turned around, and made to call the nurse.

The nurse came and fixed it up again, and once again, I was relieved that something bad hadn't happened.

I watched as the nurse walked out the door and shut it for us, as I looked to where Tricia was and gave a weary, but hopeful smile - one that comforted me with the hopes that one day Tricia will wake and I'll have no fear of losing her.

I breathed a sigh of relief and slumped onto the couch - giving one last look at her, I arched backwards and my tired eyes wasted no time sliding on each other.

"Phil... Philip, wake up!"

"Tricia?" My eyes stood open. "Tricia, how are you..."

"There is no time, Philip. I want you to promise me something," Red liquid dropped from her eyes.

"Tricia..."

"Phil, promise me that whatever happens, you'll never let go."

"Whatever happens? Tricia, I don't understand."

"I'm so sorry, Philip. I'm so sorry I have to let go."

"Let go? Tricia, where are you going -"

"I... I..."

Her speech was withheld, and I saw no one again.

"Tricia!" I got up, sweating profusely.

Rolling my eyes at Tricia, I realized that it was only a dream.

I wiped the sweat off my face and pulled closer to her. Happy that she was still here, I took her hand in mine, and made sure it was actually real.

I smiled inwardly, still not letting go of her hand, as I felt a wiggle on my palm. "Tr-Tricia?"

Her eyes slowly opened, as my heart danced with joy.

"Oh, thank God. Thank the Almighty for making this day come." I praised highly, looking down at her, as she turned to me.

"Wh-who... a-are... you?"

...Her question came like a bombshell...

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •

HAPPY SUNDAY, PEOPLE kiss
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
labelle123, charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38,
parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa,
shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet,
crislyn

bibie01

olanipekuntomi

seunviju

sebak

onosj

larrysun

danwrites

domawoleye
Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy, prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46, Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco, Ali1king, kingphilip, onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry, jefferyjamez, slap1, chinweblinkz, supermartin, ishilove, pweetidamsel, jeanfortune, jaymomma, vibra, almacherich, marynneka, trusted, Shadowbean Abimbawealth, emarkson, Hiroshize, jhimmy, UnknownT, laykorn, kenwins, iceberylin, Ollyfad, AnnbabyHot, debonairprinx, rondo235, MzNelly, toykathy, Champele, PBeni, princesa, Thermythorpe, Redmosquito, FoxyRebirth, natasha, Neduzze5, yemi2plus, YellowMosquito, DNA1, bimbiola, faithgokz, sizzlezNBT, Enigurl, Trendytessy, Omololamide, smithe113, misterjosh, MzChistar, J0sh007, carolinew, tbabstobadt, Feyifahm, Mizsammy, Ifyx, MsSpaqs, ochetinz, Tundeajani, bukkynababe, walintize, kinsjesus, conniblakes, iamdsam, Clemzy16, Cutepie1, DazzlinPearl, JIGGERNAPPY, Fellycutie, adeswagsdmj, Arnoldo, Gifteey100, shalomtemmy, johnnobles, chinedumo, temiK9, Oppy16, amitalian, Herbheorlar, barbiesexy, emmanwandud, Teenuolah, BlesinE, Perfercter4real, mzkomsy, rhapzidy, Therock5555, lekkybam, Skykid1208, Blize7, legendprac, Seankay, BarnabasCo, chesm, Smhart1, tosingcfr, king94, yormite, teetee92, Kensco, geogino, simplifier, Affable0709, Chuksyd1, Incredibleme, Daniel2802, oloriireomo, kunlesehan, Tafamonday, Nekkie27, slimfredo, ibuome, dryakson, iyk1, m003, BabieGhagha, hyungwang, mador, Aimedrey, peterphd, 360prince, shaks97, Braidz, tinahrex, RazziP, Fehmy25s, Kingphilip, Eblee, Ritababe, dagift333, moyarhtohbadt, , Meel unique27, MrsGoodness, Lionize, MhizTemmie, AlienStar, Theorbiter, Ionprince, princesssusan, Susrite, Glowstone, bigwig97, Missmossy, ruffhandu, may3 Tomkhalifa52, okeyfineboy, kechywillz, folake25, tescoleps, teamplayey, ethereal, unlimitedbosco, PrinceGozie, Yudeeaikay, pelontus, justicesky24, Psalmwise, mariamferanmi, qloreal, onosj, Rahma26, Kayleb37, Mutaino7, kwencypresh, lawrenzo007, Tobilastik, yettielicious, eunisam, Athanatos, usmanspihn, hassan85, princesa, kiddyking, fam24, moshood1993, handmaid, missterious, kingphilip, kenwins, SexySapphire, Princesschi, Niwdog, Suspect33, Visionaire, Bunsky, laykorn, emitheo, alabig, marioking
vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000
TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith
rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot
chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler
godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013
donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz
vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT
canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1
INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince
honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh
xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy
Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo
princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05
Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry
millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop
funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Horpsyjay, EPublishers, LarrySun, Ayoomodaddy, spidey77, dominique, Lauryn41, Explorers, iLegendd, webme, WritertainPub, Fhunkhy1, Divepen1, devlishGINGER, lalasticlala, poetictwenty, DontBullshitMe, houseofwags, KelvinCoaster, CasNova, Bestie93, Ajerry, Teco2, TiffanyJ, credid, freesinzu, Elvictor, ASBEE

NEXT EP LOADING >>>

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Ibunkun1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
Thanks for the mention cool wink

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-ONE

☆ ☆  ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ   ☆ ☆

She muttered another word that I couldn't understand, and the sound of the door came, making my head swing in the direction.

"You know, Lucille, you shouldn't have brought all these stuff here. There's no how Tricia will be needing them now."

"Aunt, uncle," I called to their attention, and made way for them.

"Tricia!" Mrs. Parker's eyes glistened with joy as she dropped the boxes.

Her parents were overjoyed, seeing her fully awake - or half!

"It's a miracle!" I could make out her dad's voice, and her Mum's followed immediately.

"How are you feeling, baby? Do you need anything?"

She gave a confused look at them and said, "Who are you, people? A-and where am I?" Her voice wasn't the usual one I used to know - it was weak, and was totally different.

"It's just like the doctor said," Mr. Parker said with his hands stuck in his trouser pockets. Turning to me, he asked, "How long has she being up?"

"A couple seconds," I answered with a gulp and drew closer. "What's with her not remembering anything, sir?" I asked inquisitively, as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll explain outside -" He led the way.

"Amnesia?!" A loud utterance eluded my lips as he explained.

"Partial," Mr. Parker specified.

Could it be what Tricia was trying to tell me? What did the bloody tear drops mean? I thought without an answer, and had no other choice than to accept her father's words.

Some weeks before Tricia was to be discharged, an unfamiliar visitor paid a surprising visit.

"P-Patrick?" Trembling hands left the doorknob, as four twitching eyes stood without moving.

"Lucille -"

"What are you doing here, Patrick?" The surprised woman said with a disgustful look on her face.

The pale green eyes man with a frizzy hair that brought out his bulging muscles, gave a maniacal smile. "Oh, you haven't aged a day, Mi Amor."

"Don't!" She raised a finger at him and looked around. "Don't you dare call me that!"

"And why is that?"

"Patrick, you still haven't answered my question!" She winced at his words. "Why are you here?!"

"I'm here because I miss you," He inched closer, and she moved backwards.

"Miss me? For God's sake, Patrick, I'm married!"  She shouted and tugged at her hair. "Jesus, why can't you just leave me alone?!" She put her hands down again, as her eyes popped.

"I can't. You have something of mine that I want. "He gritted his teeth.

"And what's that?" She asked with crossed arms, and his jolting answer came.

"My daughter!"

"What?!" Lucille shouted at the sound of him wanting her daughter. "Are you crazy?"

"No, Lucille. You know very well what I'm talking about."

"I never bore you a child, Patrick. How many times do I have to tell you that?" She tried to hide her guilt.

"Oh, I see," He laughed. "I see you've forgotten our little night at LA?" He made to whisper in her ears, and she growled, moving backwards.

"You're really delusional! Why are you bringing this up all of a sudden?"

"Ah. I see you haven't told your husband about it, have you?" He grinned widely, and she shot him a glare.

"Look, Patrick. Whatever you and I had back then is all in the past. I'm married to Raymond and you know that very well. How can you just come here at this very moment my daughter's sick and claim stupid things?!" Her face reddened. "And how the hell did you know where I was? Who told you?" Her eyes rolled in confusion, and he responded.

"Oh, I've been watching your every move. Did you actually think I'd let go just like that?"

"Patrick, I'm married... please! I don't want to have anything to do with you, not when I'm still with Raymond. I love Raymond, you know!"

"And you're keeping secrets from him?"

"Just stop this nonsense now and just leave! I can't have you destroy my marriage. Please just go."

"Not without seeing my daughter." He demanded, making to go inside, as Lucille held him back.

"How many times do I have to tell you that she's Raymond and I's child? What else do you want from me?!" The fear in her eyes shone, as she speedily covered it up. "You know what, get out! Leave before I call the security!" She pointed backwards, and he chuckled wickedly.

"You haven't heard the last of me, Lucille Buenelle!" He threatened hoarsely, and left her heart thumping wildly.

TODAY

"Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday... Happy birthday... Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday, Tricia!"

Ecstatic cheers graced the warm air as ribbons and balloons were released.

Tricia, accompanied by her parents, made towards the excited guests. The hall was packed with friends and relations, and even Tricia's friends were not left out. There was Grandma Maggie, Grandpa Mac, Uncle Tristan, Aunt Sam, Daphne, Chelsea and Philip - and even Philip's grandmother - Grandma Hennia. No one was left out.

It was Tricia's eighteenth birthday, and all the decorators and chefs in town were hired to make the day a grand one.

Tricia still hasn't regained her memories, and all her parents wanted was to make her feel that she actually belonged.

"Happy birthday, sweedy," Her Mother's wishes came, a light kiss settling on on her cheek.

"I hope you have fun, my dear," Her father chipped in, and looked at her mother. "I'll go tend to our guests now, Lucille."

"M-mum, who are all these people?" Tricia asked as she saw her father leave.

"They're our relations, baby. And your Dad's coworkers, too." She answered, still clinging to her.

A nervous smile broke out on her lips, and she asked again, "Can I go upstairs? Away from these people?"

"Ha-oh, no, no. It's your birthday, honey. Look. Even Philip is here... and Chelsea, too." Her mother pointed to where they were.

"Chelsea?" She tried to recall where she had that name.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Chelsea used to visit you at the hospital, along with Philip."

"The one that's walking towards us?" She squinted to be sure.

"Oh, that's him. Isn't he dashing?"

Tricia looked at her in a 'You got to be kidding me' kind of way. "Dashing?"

"Hi, Mrs. Parker," The boy in a black tuxedo greeted, planting a kiss on Trisha's mother's cheek.

What a drama king.

"Happy Birthday, Tricia," He said to the birthday girl. Pulling out a bunch of roses from behind, he offered the well-packaged flowers to her. "For you,"

"Thank you." A blush coated her cheeks as she concealed it.

"Got a surprise either -" He smiled, and gave way.

"Trish!" Two charming girls echoed at the same time as they circled their arms around her.

"Trish, we've missed you so much. Happy Birthday!" One of them with matching black eyes eyes spoke.

She couldn't make out who they were, but she played along, knowing there was something about them that she missed. She pulled out from their arms and turned to her mother. "Who are they, Mum?"

"Your friends," Her mother answered. "I'll leave you girls now. And Philip," She said to the gentleman in their midst. "Thanks again."

"Okay, everyone. Introducing the one and only treasure that has made this beautiful family complete - our daughter!"

Cheers and applause erupted from the people at the mention of the celebrant.

Waiting anxiously, the door pulled open and everyone gasped, not seeing anyone.

"Where's our daughter, Raymond?" Lucille made towards him.

"I don't know. Thought she was with you?" Raymond asked with rolling eyes.

"My goodness!" She panicked. "Where could she be?!"

TRICIA'S P.O.V

I didn't want to be a part of this party. I wanted to be far away from it... away from all the strangers and peering eyes that looked like they were going to make holes on every part of my body.

A part of me wanted to be close to someone, but I had no idea who that was.

"You are one party runner, Miss Tricia." A voice startled me, and I swiftly turned around.

"Who is there?"

An image emerged in the light. "I knew I'd find you here,"

"And why are you here?"

"I could ask the same, you know." He smiled and walked towards me.

"You shouldn't be here. Please go..."

He had such charming eyes I could stare at all night. Why do they look familiar? I tried to remember as my memory remained blurred.

"You look beautiful,"

I looked down at the yellow fitted gown I had on, and looked up at him. "Is that why you came up here?"

"Actually, I came here to give you this," He pulled out something from his trouser pocket and showed it to me.

"A bracelet? Really?"

"Ah-aah. It's just not a bracelet. It's a lucky one." He brought his hand to one side of his mouth.

I laughed softly, and he did, taking my hand in his.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"Just watch!' He continued, and put the star-dangling bracelet on my wrist. "There. Just the right size."

"It's a little tight," I shrugged.

"Shouldn't you be at your party?"

"Not like I know anyone there. I just want to stay up here."

"Then if you're not going, I'm not. I'm staying with you." He sat on the balcony swing.

"And miss out on the fun? Why are you doing this? It's not like you know me."

"Sit," He motioned to his side, and I felt the urge to do so.

"What is it about you that I can't understand?" I asked, peering directly into his eyes, as he clasped my hand.

"I wish you could just remember,"

"Remember what?"

"Tricia! Oh, thank goodness you're here." A voice that sounded much like my mother's, ruined the moment, and we pulled away.

"M-mum,"

"I've been looking everywhere for you, Darling." She made towards us, and we got up. "Oh, Phil. You're here."

"Yes, aunt. Um, I'll be going downstairs now. See you later, Trish."

Trish! I pondered on the name he had called me.

"Tricia, your father and I were so worried. You shouldn't keep our guests waiting, you know."

I rolled my eyes at my mother and apologized. "I'm sorry,"

"Oh, it's okay, baby. Now, come along," She tugged at my hand. "Everyone's waiting!"

LUCILLE'S P.O.V

I was happy to know that my daughter was having fun. I was glad everything was going smoothly, and was working out really well like I'd planned. Everyone was all present, and Mum and Dad were also part of this occasion.

Raymond's family wasn't left out, too, as his brother was there to grace the occasion with his wife and kids.

I really felt complete, having them all in one place, and I knew the night was going to be such a marvelous one, until -

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •

Hmm. Oh, I wonder what she's about to say. BTW, I can't believe Tricia's Mum's actually keeping secrets. (GASPS) Man, I definitely didn't see that coming.

How Am I Doing, My ★ Lovelies? grin
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ibunkun1:
Thanks for the mention cool wink
You sure are welcome cheesy
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
crislyn

bibie01

olanipekuntomi

seunviju

sebak

onosj

larrysun

danwrites

domawoleye
Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy, prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46, Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco, Ali1king, kingphilip, onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry, jefferyjamez, slap1, chinweblinkz, supermartin, ishilove, pweetidamsel, jeanfortune, jaymomma, vibra, almacherich, marynneka, trusted, Shadowbean Abimbawealth, emarkson, Hiroshize, jhimmy, UnknownT, laykorn, kenwins, iceberylin, Ollyfad, AnnbabyHot, debonairprinx, rondo235, MzNelly, toykathy, Champele, PBeni, princesa, Thermythorpe, Redmosquito, FoxyRebirth, natasha, Neduzze5, yemi2plus, YellowMosquito, DNA1, bimbiola, faithgokz, sizzlezNBT, Enigurl, Trendytessy, Omololamide, smithe113, misterjosh, MzChistar, J0sh007, carolinew, tbabstobadt, Feyifahm, Mizsammy, Ifyx, MsSpaqs, ochetinz, Tundeajani, bukkynababe, walintize, kinsjesus, conniblakes, iamdsam, Clemzy16, Cutepie1, DazzlinPearl, JIGGERNAPPY, Fellycutie, adeswagsdmj, Arnoldo, Gifteey100, shalomtemmy, johnnobles, chinedumo, temiK9, Oppy16, amitalian, Herbheorlar, barbiesexy, emmanwandud, Teenuolah, BlesinE, Perfercter4real, mzkomsy, rhapzidy, Therock5555, lekkybam, Skykid1208, Blize7, legendprac, Seankay, BarnabasCo, chesm, Smhart1, tosingcfr, king94, yormite, teetee92, Kensco, geogino, simplifier, Affable0709, Chuksyd1, Incredibleme, Daniel2802, oloriireomo, kunlesehan, Tafamonday, Nekkie27, slimfredo, ibuome, dryakson, iyk1, m003, BabieGhagha, hyungwang, mador, Aimedrey, peterphd, 360prince, shaks97, Braidz, tinahrex, RazziP, Fehmy25s, Kingphilip, Eblee, Ritababe, dagift333, moyarhtohbadt, , Meel unique27, MrsGoodness, Lionize, MhizTemmie, AlienStar, Theorbiter, Ionprince, princesssusan, Susrite, Glowstone, bigwig97, Missmossy, ruffhandu, may3 Tomkhalifa52, okeyfineboy, kechywillz, folake25, tescoleps, teamplayey, ethereal, unlimitedbosco, PrinceGozie, Yudeeaikay, pelontus, justicesky24, Psalmwise, mariamferanmi, qloreal, onosj, Rahma26, Kayleb37, Mutaino7, kwencypresh, lawrenzo007, Tobilastik, yettielicious, eunisam, Athanatos, usmanspihn, hassan85, princesa, kiddyking, fam24, moshood1993, handmaid, missterious, kingphilip, kenwins, SexySapphire, Princesschi, Niwdog, Suspect33, Visionaire, Bunsky, laykorn, emitheo, alabig, marioking
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Horpsyjay, EPublishers, LarrySun, Ayoomodaddy, spidey77, dominique, Lauryn41, Explorers, iLegendd, webme, WritertainPub, Fhunkhy1, Divepen1, devlishGINGER, lalasticlala, poetictwenty, DontBullshitMe, houseofwags, KelvinCoaster, CasNova, Bestie93, Ajerry, Teco2, TiffanyJ, credid, freesinzu, Elvictor, ASBEE

NEXT EP LOADING >>>

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-TWO

...Until the devil struck...

Before that, I had felt happiness inside of me - one that showed that it was nice having everyone around.

And what's that acorn doing in my house? I excused myself from the table and began walking to where the man in a red tux was drinking from my glass - my very own glass!

I cared less about Raymond seeing me. I just wanted to get rid of this guy once and for all.

"Surprise!" Happy fingers welcomed me, as I took no notice.

"What are you doing here?"

He took a sip of the red wine and said, "I'm not sure you really want to know," He  moved the glass halfway across his lips which were partly wet.

"Why do you keep on pestering me then? Haven't you had enough?!" I tried to contain my anger, as he ignored me and continued, taking another sip.

"If you'd just give me what I want, I won't do that anymore."

"Haven't I told you what you wanted to hear? Tricia isn't your daughter. And about the night you so claimed we had in LA? It definitely didn't yield anything." I brought down my voice, and relieved my eyes a bit

"Oh, Lucille," He chuckled, having a final gulp of his drink. "You know, as much as you try to fool me, you will never be able to because you're not as smart as you think." He got up from his seat, and placed his black tie in order.

"Ah, Patrick! How nice of you to come."

My breath seized on recognizing who it was.

"Wouldn't miss it for anything, partner!" Patrick raised his empty glass.

The two men shook hands, and I stood staring - uttering no word, I excused myself and made to leave, as Raymond's hand caught mine, bringing me to a stop.

"Not so fast, babe. Where are you off to?" He asked.

"To check up on our daughter." I gave a fast reply, hoping he'd understand.

"Come on, she's having fun wherever she is. You should have fun, too."He pulled me into his arms.

"Raymond, are you drunk?"

"Not yet. I see you've met Patrick,"

"Yeah." I answered laconically, not in the mood to talk.

"Patrick... my wife," He went about the introduction, and I said 'hello'. Why does Raymond have to be friends with anyone? What if Patrick ends up spilling his guts? My mind remained unease all through the occasion.

It was late, and we bid everyone goodbye, as they retired back to their homes, and us, too. I had the housekeepers go about their jobs, while I had Raymond under series of interrogations up in our bedroom.

"Lucille, I don't understand all these questions you're asking me. Is it a bad thing that Patrick works with me?" Raymond's pupils were dilated as he knew not where the conversation was heading. "And what's with the worry? Is there something you're not telling me?"

I sighed with regret, wondering why I had brought the subject up in the first place. "You know what, baby. You shouldn't bother." I kissed him on his forehead, and made to lie down.

I could still see him at the edge, a disturbed expression seated upon his face. I forced myself up slowly, making towards him, as I slipped my arms under his and, with my head perfectly rested on his back, asked, "Are you angry with me?"

He said nothing, and I spoke further. "I'm sorry, okay? I just have this feeling that you two shouldn't be business partners."

"And that's what I'd like to know." He turned slightly. "What is it about him that makes you already not wanting him working with us?" He inquired curiously, and I pulled away.

"I just felt - you know what, babe, let's just drop this... okay? I don't want us arguing this night."

"Then you shouldn't have brought it up!" He scolded with teeth clenched.

"It's okay. I'm sorry. Please let's just get some sleep. I'm really tired." A yawn escaped my lips at the thought of sleeping.

He made no move of coming in bed with me, and I felt sad about it, knowing my question must have gotten him upset. I bid him goodnight, which he replied in a more unusual tone, and I had no other option than to go to sleep without being snuggled up in his arms.

PLEASE

VOTE

COMMENT

AND... SHARE

crislyn

bibie01

olanipekuntomi

seunviju

sebak

onosj

larrysun

danwrites

domawoleye
Jameskudooski Cadec007

NEXT EP LOADING >>>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-THREE

I woke up one Sunday morning to notice a picnic basket on the front porch. I looked around, wanting to know who had left it, picked it up and walked back inside.

I called to one of the housekeepers whose name was Josie, and asked her if someone had come by that morning. She said no, and went back to mopping the floor, as I bothered her no more.

Halfway towards the stairs, I saw Mum and Dad at the top, as I waited for them to come down before I showed them the basket.

"What do you have there, sweedy?" Mum asked as she reached the last of the staircase.

I showed her the basket containing a lot of goodies in it, and she smiled.

"Aww, baby. You shouldn't have,"

I bit my bottom lip at the thought of telling her that the goodies weren't from me.

"How were you able to afford this?" Dad looked at me suspiciously, and I breathed.

"Mum, Dad," I started and clasped my behind. "These weren't from me."

Mum gasped. "What?! Then who could have given them?"

Dad made for the door and pulled it open. Turning back again, he called to Ivy - another housekeeper of ours. "Did you see who dropped this?"

Ivy stammered, "N-no, sir. I haven't left the dining room since."

Dad rolled his eyes and questioned further. "Are you sure you didn't see anyone? Not even the deliveryman?"

Ivy answered, giving no positive answer, as he gave her permission to leave.

My mother inched closer to my Dad, and asked me to go up to my room while they figured out what was going on.

I really wanted to help, but owning to the situation that I was still in, my Mum didn't let me - so, I was left with no choice but to do as I was told, and let them handle the case.

Day after that, the guy Mum had introduced as Philip, came visiting. I was surprised at how comfortable I felt being around him, and I marveled at how a guy that I had gotten to know not quite long could made me feel that way. But what exactly was he talking about me remembering? Could it be - I drew my breath and let out a sigh. "So what would you like to do today?" I could hear the jumpiness in my voice.  How can this one guy make me nervous. Why does it feel like there's something about him that I need to remember?

"I'll do anything you want to do. Just mention." came his reply, getting me back to reality.

I gave a smile and blushed really hard inside, slipping into thoughtland. Why is he so nice? Is he like this to every girl? Thousands of questions hovered in mind, as I saw a hand stretched out to me.

"Shall we?"

I accepted his kind gesture and placed my hand on his. I wondered what he had in mind, and was pleased that I was going to be with him.

"Where have you two been?" Mum's angry voice sounded in the living room, and we looked at each other.

"At the park." I gave a straight answer, having no urge to explain.

"Oh, baby. You know you shouldn't have stayed out long, not when you're not strong." Her voice softened, and Philip and I relaxed.

"I didn't let her do anything that'll wear her out, aunt. I'm quite aware of that." Philip said, throwing a quick look at me.

I chuckled inwardly and maintained myself, trying not to let him notice.

I had already forgotten about my Mum's absence, until a beeping sound jolted me out of thought.

"I'll get it!" Mum moved in the direction. Taking the telephone out from where it was hanging on the wall, she answered, "Hello?"

Philip and I made to sit on the long sofa opposite the two normal ones, as Mum uttered loudly, "He's been spotted?!"

"Who's been spotted?" I turned to Philip, who gave an 'I don't know' shrug.

Who am I kidding? How will he be able to know? I shifted a little, trying to keep my distance.

We waited for her to end the call, not being able to hear the rest of their conversation, as we got up and made towards her.

"What's it, Mum?" We asked simultaneously, and I gave Philip a weirdly look.

"Someone just told me that -" Her eyebrows made weird movements.

"Oh. Oh, thank goodness!" Philip exclaimed, and I stood staring, completely lost.

"Who are you talking about?"

Mum gave me a 'no one' look and smiled. "You should get some rest, my dear. I know you must be really weary."

I nodded and said nothing else. I wondered who the person was, and was curious to know why they were bent on not telling me - or maybe they have a reason. Or maybe they just don't want me to know, I shoved the unexplainable feeling off...

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2020
I don't know if it's tiredness or what, but my eyes are starting to ache having them on the screen. But not to worry, I'll make the next episode a bit longer than this. I promise wink
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2020
Oh, and one more announcement. If you want me to mention you on this, you can feel free to tell me, because I definitely do not want anyone feeling left out. Have a nice day y'all kiss
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 09, 2020
kelvinezeh55, Hongkongfukid, Dybala11, SageMK, Divineroyalty purples25 chyooome, eniafelamo, ministerblessed, trevolicious1, AdeniyiA Idyllic, Bec amjou, Pukka36, riyageh, Uncleodi, ValentineMary, mako007 Arinze96 Xcely, Ochek, Haryanfe7 Lilibeth914 Dennis192, eboigbedavid1, Elvicvictor

crislyn

bibie01

olanipekuntomi

seunviju

sebak

onosj

larrysun

danwrites

domawoleye
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Horpsyjay, EPublishers, LarrySun, Ayoomodaddy, spidey77, dominique, Lauryn41, Explorers, iLegendd, webme, WritertainPub, Fhunkhy1, Divepen1, devlishGINGER, lalasticlala, poetictwenty, DontBullshitMe, houseofwags, KelvinCoaster, CasNova, Bestie93, Ajerry, Teco2, TiffanyJ, credid, freesinzu, Elvictor, ASBEE Tbrak vokes247, MrsExplorer JummyGee, Teeneyo yorhmienerd, spokesman3k, Titidi iamzubby, dynatress, olanshile2016, olenyi, CHYNAEYEH, kokosheen, MONDAYkay shegs2009, PrincessMM Ayokunumi24, Ujuuzoma, PBeni sleemoon, ideykwum, Despirado121 mbapelvis, flez09, ojuolu, Olusharp CNARIOjoseph eitsei IamLukas, Santi222, Rachel01, holusormi smokeydrinky, lanre2009, buoye1, DaVinci24, copg22, ajsans, Izyyblaze, Countrygirl Horlorlardaey, Yuneehk Dunnipearl, raphieMontella, saintTim FreshestManny, Deejay1000 Maydayy rawdpiper MichaelKadi Smooth278, chiexcel, mylove4God jokepearl, ablatgraphicplus, ikescope, drippingink3, drdrei09, Mcphancey7, RemenZack Jummyjagz, smartigo, vivvyo, mackzydon9, Asito, LarrySun socially4fun, amosamali Ziondee, gulfer, vonn, Olansgee, TheRealStuff, bundlez, speckless, Ashbal, Gorgeousolasco, Donvilo, Calismart, harmlessphil, Writeditor, lenmafon, coolsegun2002, Glorious1985, Peejayybold, Fatalveli, Emanuel1997, AleshKeem, dejialam, 88natzy, teetee92, Donpoker9, Freshtomato, tommychizzle, lupey, Hauneg, Chrisx1x, Aimedrey, samopeyemi, singlefade25, creamyanne, afotrick, Yudeeaikay, Sowhizy, Colynx, WorldGreatestl, chinnygold, fam24, Nuges11, kingphilip, rexoluj, Daughterzion, MumZ, Flakeey, Carinaflo, labaski, Truth234, FameG, missuniverse, jumainsexy, gr890, Mimisboygreat, treasuregr8 bquin2all, Mollyallex, PrettySleek aboyaji, tenajtek, Nimen, Victoriousvic, zyzxx, immortalvoices, pweedierhonda, Aipete2, pinkkyjenny, chinedumo, Ephhay, edogho, fhunn, tobex23, jaetrill, Euphrosyne, Yeboah10 omotolaray, Lawconfessor, toykathy, 3Dimension, Cheriepet, PrinceAdepoju, Coldfaya, thelastgenius, Niyipo, Shawdey, hapiness44, Harrychocoberry, lozanni, Donlino, Queening, ashbal5683, Imunique, Maccoy1, ALAYORMII, Annais, Sugarbabekemi, Jeanfortune, chupcake, jaybeecom, Damlesky, sdqxxx, Davidsonical, capip120, SexySapphire, JigsawKillah, Joyicy, Treasure95, Dyoungstar, awoononi, write2obi, Emperortj93, anneabidemi, Kimmo, Joebeck, pmc01, mizjules, Nostradamus, Solphiequeen, whitemosquito, spicyuzo, 2bey, 9slick, slimfredo, Bertadayz, omowolewa, nuwell, missterious, ANDREW2EIC, imohcyril, shegzi, flames77, ttime, straneur, PoetWritefield, MrBenSun, Layiwoo, Mistically, KabukiSensei, Jayses, Brite02, eyezik3, Mutaino7, ProfessorD, drollster, adepink, fabnikky, Oluwason, coonax, Wealthyone, seundex, ivyy, MightyFortress, seankay, Ishilove, JeffreyJamez

NEXT EP LOADING >>>

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2020
A GLANCE INTO THE FUTURE cheesy cheesy cheesy

Deafening noise of gunshots, accompanied by sirens' wail increased the tension on Brooklyn street. Facing forward, I began to sprint; my loud grunts filling the air, and tired feet slapping the hard road, as I ran so fast, with the thought of my legs about to explode going on in my mind.

The steady pound of my footsteps echoed in my ears, as beads of sweat that were already gathered on my forehead rolled down my face and splattered to my chin. The fear I had from being on the run, was one that added to my strength - and the soles of my shoes hitting the ground, made me not want to give up. It was one way to release my energy, and continue lest I'll be caught.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins, as a thin layer of sweat covered the nape of my neck. I tried to keep my breathing steady, and I pushed harder, going really fast. The ground blurred below me as I continued to run for what seemed like longer than it should have. I wasn't ready to stop, and I knew the only thing that could hinder me from survival were my doubts and limits.

At this great speed I could barely see a few feet ahead of me, not with the smog formed in front blinding me from urging on. Everything became veiled, but still I pounded my feet across the road, my lungs getting strained at the cold air which bit into it. Feeling the wind whip my face, the hair on my skin stood erect, sending chills up my spine. My mind was racing faster than my feet, and my steps pounded in time with my heartbeat; the former remaining frantic with thoughts, How is it that they are able to find me? Has my end come at last?

I felt my whole body working; my leg muscles running warm, as fresh air entered my lungs and blood flowed into all my limbs. I quickened my pace until steps became leaps, and anxious feet flew over stones. I pumped my legs, gaining momentum with each push, as I darted past buildings and trees, with my calves burning, and breath forming clouds in the air.

Gut-wrenching, heart pumping after several thrusts forward, my legs got all weary, and I began to slow down - breath coming in short gasps.

I turned around, knowing that there was no way that I could make it in time, as the wailing of sirens could be heard not so far off.

I looked to my right, realizing that I was on Canary bridge, as it occurred to me that there was no way I could escape this time. I was ready for anything that lay in wait, and was ready to pay for my sins... for every sin committed.

~James

1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
FULL EP TO BE RELEASED SOON wink
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
Elvictor... here smiley
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-FOUR

AT THE PARKER'S HOUSE

The room was awfully quiet, and Tricia sat, eyes glued to the laptop on her laps, as she surfed the internet, unaware of her mother's presence.

"Baby, you shouldn't be in that position for so long or you'll get cramps," Her Mum cautioned concernedly, and she raised her head up.

"Mum, you're home,"

"Yes, baby. What's that you're doing?" She asked, and made to sit by her side.

"I-I was only..."

"How to remember things you've forgotten -" Her Mum read aloud, and looked at her. "Honey, why are you going through this stuff? You shouldn't be stressing your brain, you know."

Her lips pouted and gave way for an apology. "I'm so sorry, Mum. I just want to know why I can't remember anything."

Her Mum's lips broke into a smile. "I think it's time I answered your question."

"My question?" She raised a confused brow at her. "But I didn't ask any question, Mum."

"I know. I know that very well." She circled her hand around her, and brought her head down on her bosom. "Do you remember the time someone called me on the phone?"

Tricia squinted, in a bid to recall. "Oh. You mean the one that called yesterday?"

Her Mum nodded and said, "Yes..."

"Well, wh-what about him? Is he the key to restoring my memory? You said it was amnesia, right? Where can we find him?" The curious girl inquired hastily, not letting her mother finish.

"Oh, calm down, jolly bee. You're in a rush." She teased, and pulled her cheeks.

"Oh, Mum. Of course I am. I want to be able to go back to school when the summer holiday is over." Tricia said coyly, and the smile on her mother's face disappeared.

"You still want to go back to school, baby? You can just study here, and not be so far away from us."

"I know, Mum. But I just want to be like every normal kid. It's not like anything will happen when I'm gone." She said with shoulders shrugged, and her Mum smiled.

"You really do want that, don't you?"

She replied in delight. "Of course. It won't be nice missing out on everything... and even graduation." She pointed out.

"Oh, honey. I understand perfectly."

Lucille gave one last thought about telling her daughter about the conversation she had with the caller - having contemplated on whether she should, she told her about the information given to them, and how locating the culprit was unsuccessful.

"So, you're telling me that the guy behind me getting hospitalized still hasn't been caught?" She asked with fear-glistening eyes. "I mean, what did I do to make him do such a thing? I don't remember hurting anyone -" Her face turned pale at the mention of her not remembering any thing. What if I did hurt him? Even so! What kind of anger would make one capable of such?!

"Relax, baby. You needn't be scared. You know Mommy is here for you." Her Mum assured, tugging a strand of hair that came loose behind her ear. "By the way, have you eaten? Did Nanny Pearl serve you anything?"

Tricia nodded slightly, and answered, "I only asked her to get me a glass of milk... and some chocolate cookies." She added.

"Just that?" Her Mum looked at her. "You're not hungry, babe?"

"I am. I was only waiting for you to get back from work." Her child-like response came.

"Ha-oh, sweetheart. You don't need to wait for me before you can eat. And gosh, look at the time. Almost six!" Her mother exclaimed with a quick look at her watch. "Come on, now. Let's go eat. Bet your stomach's been grumbling all day." She said jokingly, as they exited the room.

LUCILLE'S P.O.V

I was starting to see a resemblance - Tricia was becoming more like her father - the man I had once loved. Patrick and I had a thing for each other, until I met Raymond - the hot rich Chicagoan I had completely fallen for the moment I'd set my eyes on him. We met at a coffee shop at Louisiana, where I was an employee, or a 'Batista' like we were called. He had bumped into me by mistake, and had made me spill the coffee I had in my hand, ruining my outfit. His smile had captured my heart, and I saw myself slowly taking interest in him, until things worked out for the both of us. Those memories remained imprinted in my mind, and the thought of letting out the truth feared me the most. How was I supposed to tell him that Tricia wasn't his daughter? To tell my daughter that her father wasn't the one. Gosh! I don't think I'll be able to bear this. What will he say when he gets to know that I never bore him a child? This is just too much - I looked down at the pillow in front of me, realizing that it was already drenched with sweat - sweat mixed with tears.

Raymond hasn't returned home from work... that was a relief. I got up, wishing to be by my daughter's side at that instant, as I opened the door, and stepped out - making for her room.

She was sleeping soundly, and I moved closer, smiling at how beautiful she looked all curled up in her cozy bed. I laid down beside her, placing a kiss on her cheek, with my hand placed on her body, as I rested my chin on her shoulder, and wished for the spirit of sleep to carry me off in no time.

CHELSEA'S P.O.V

The lights went out all of a sudden, and I wondered how it could have happened when Dad paid for the electricity bill not so long ago.

I went upstairs in search of a candle, and was able to find one with no stress. Walking downstairs again, I heard footsteps on the carpet, and I shuddered, getting alerted by the sound. "Who's there?" I looked down, catching no sight of anyone, as I shrugged the creepy feeling off, and concluded it was a rat.

I placed the candle on the candle holder, and made towards the kitchen - pulling the fridge open, I brought out a can of sardine and a loaf of bread, and went back to the living room.

The house felt really lonely not having Mum and Dad around. I really missed them, but there was no way I could stop them from coming home late... not with their company having them stuck all day long.

I made to open the can of sardine as footsteps came again; this time not so faint, and not similar to tiny feet, giving me the chills.

I thought of what next to do, as my bedroom came to mind, thinking of no other place to hide. I rushed towards the stairs, climbing breathlessly up them, almost tripping, as I successfully reached the top.

Making to go to my room, I saw a strange figure silhouetted in the dark; the mask on his face partly visible.

The masked figure walked towards me, and I took a step backwards, panting for breath.

I had no other place to go but the living room, as I made to run down the stairs, and a hand gripped my ponytails.

"You really didn't think you could run away from me, did you?" His maniacal laugh came, as a sharp cry eluded my lips, feeling something sharp drive through me.

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •

1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
Okay, guys. Let's just imagine the mystery guy was putting on that mask. Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to get something similar to it.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ciara9251:
EPISODE TWENTY-FOUR

AT THE PARKER'S HOUSE

The room was awfully quiet, and Tricia sat, eyes glued to the laptop on her laps, as she surfed the internet, unaware of her mother's presence.

"Baby, you shouldn't be in that position for so long or you'll get cramps," Her Mum cautioned concernedly, and she raised her head up.

"Mum, you're home,"

"Yes, baby. What's that you're doing?" She asked, and made to sit by her side.

"I-I was only..."

"How to remember things you've forgotten -" Her Mum read aloud, and looked at her. "Honey, why are you going through this stuff? You shouldn't be stressing your brain, you know."

Her lips pouted and gave way for an apology. "I'm so sorry, Mum. I just want to know why I can't remember anything."

Her Mum's lips broke into a smile. "I think it's time I answered your question."

"My question?" She raised a confused brow at her. "But I didn't ask any question, Mum."

"I know. I know that very well." She circled her hand around her, and brought her head down on her bosom. "Do you remember the time someone called me on the phone?"

Tricia squinted, in a bid to recall. "Oh. You mean the one that called yesterday?"

Her Mum nodded and said, "Yes..."

"Well, wh-what about him? Is he the key to restoring my memory? You said it was amnesia, right? Where can we find him?" The curious girl inquired hastily, not letting her mother finish.

"Oh, calm down, jolly bee. You're in a rush." She teased, and pulled her cheeks.

"Oh, Mum. Of course I am. I want to be able to go back to school when the summer holiday is over." Tricia said coyly, and the smile on her mother's face disappeared.

"You still want to go back to school, baby? You can just study here, and not be so far away from us."

"I know, Mum. But I just want to be like every normal kid. It's not like anything will happen when I'm gone." She said with shoulders shrugged, and her Mum smiled.

"You really do want that, don't you?"

She replied in delight. "Of course. It won't be nice missing out on everything... and even graduation." She pointed out.

"Oh, honey. I understand perfectly."

Lucille gave one last thought about telling her daughter about the conversation she had with the caller - having contemplated on whether she should, she told her about the information given to them, and how locating the culprit was unsuccessful.

"So, you're telling me that the guy behind me getting hospitalized still hasn't been caught?" She asked with fear-glistening eyes. "I mean, what did I do to make him do such a thing? I don't remember hurting anyone -" Her face turned pale at the mention of her not remembering any thing. What if I did hurt him? Even so! What kind of anger would make one capable of such?!

"Relax, baby. You needn't be scared. You know Mommy is here for you." Her Mum assured, tugging a strand of hair that came loose behind her ear. "By the way, have you eaten? Did Nanny Pearl serve you anything?"

Tricia nodded slightly, and answered, "I only asked her to get me a glass of milk... and some chocolate cookies." She added.

"Just that?" Her Mum looked at her. "You're not hungry, babe?"

"I am. I was only waiting for you to get back from work." Her child-like response came.

"Ha-oh, sweetheart. You don't need to wait for me before you can eat. And gosh, look at the time. Almost six!" Her mother exclaimed with a quick look at her watch. "Come on, now. Let's go eat. Bet your stomach's been grumbling all day." She said jokingly, as they exited the room.

LUCILLE'S P.O.V

I was starting to see a resemblance - Tricia was becoming more like her father - the man I had once loved. Patrick and I had a thing for each other, until I met Raymond - the hot rich Chicagoan I had completely fallen for the moment I'd set my eyes on him. We met at a coffee shop at Louisiana, where I was an employee, or a 'Batista' like we were called. He had bumped into me by mistake, and had made me spill the coffee I had in my hand, ruining my outfit. His smile had captured my heart, and I saw myself slowly taking interest in him, until things worked out for the both of us. Those memories remained imprinted in my mind, and the thought of letting out the truth feared me the most. How was I supposed to tell him that Tricia wasn't his daughter? To tell my daughter that her father wasn't the one. Gosh! I don't think I'll be able to bear this. What will he say when he gets to know that I never bore him a child? This is just too much - I looked down at the pillow in front of me, realizing that it was already drenched with sweat - sweat mixed with tears.

Raymond hasn't returned home from work... that was a relief. I got up, wishing to be by my daughter's side at that instant, as I opened the door, and stepped out - making for her room.

She was sleeping soundly, and I moved closer, smiling at how beautiful she looked all curled up in her cozy bed. I laid down beside her, placing a kiss on her cheek, with my hand placed on her body, as I rested my chin on her shoulder, and wished for the spirit of sleep to carry me off in no time.

CHELSEA'S P.O.V

The lights went out all of a sudden, and I wondered how it could have happened when Dad paid for the electricity bill not so long ago.

I went upstairs in search of a candle, and was able to find one with no stress. Walking downstairs again, I heard footsteps on the carpet, and I shuddered, getting alerted by the sound. "Who's there?" I looked down, catching no sight of anyone, as I shrugged the creepy feeling off, and concluded it was a rat.

I placed the candle on the candle holder, and made towards the kitchen - pulling the fridge open, I brought out a can of sardine and a loaf of bread, and went back to the living room.

The house felt really lonely not having Mum and Dad around. I really missed them, but there was no way I could stop them from coming home late... not with their company having them stuck all day long.

I made to open the can of sardine as footsteps came again; this time not so faint, and not similar to tiny feet, giving me the chills.

I thought of what next to do, as my bedroom came to mind, thinking of no other place to hide. I rushed towards the stairs, climbing breathlessly up them, almost tripping, as I successfully reached the top.

Making to go to my room, I saw a strange figure silhouetted in the dark; the mask on his face partly visible.

The masked figure walked towards me, and I took a step backwards, panting for breath.

I had no other place to go but the living room, as I made to run down the stairs, and a hand gripped my ponytails.

"You really didn't think you could run away from me, did you?" His maniacal laugh came, as a sharp cry eluded my lips, feeling something sharp drive through me.

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •

See face cheesy grin

It would have been like this if the story was horror. Too bad it isn't cry cheesy

1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2020
Guys, I just want to know one thing... Am I getting the suspense right?
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2020
Let me do someone totori now grin grin

TAKE A PEEK

Tricia... Tricia, can you hear me? You have to remember... Remember!

"So, baby, what's that you wanna tell me?"

"We have to end this,"

"End what?"

"This thing that we're doing... it's not just right!"

"Not right? I-I don't understand what you're talking about. We're not doing anything wrong, are we?"

"Yes we are! A whole lot of people are going to get hurt if this continues. Let's just stop! We can't be together anymore."

"What?! What do you mean we can't be together? Are you letting go after everything...?"

"I-it's not that. I just don't want to be stuck in this. I can't keep secrets from my parents. Please understand..."

"Understand? Is this really because of your parents, or that little weasel you're always following around?"

"This has got nothing to do with him!"

"Oh, it has everything to do with that insane brat! You think I don't see you two? Oh, that bastard is going to pay for everything! And as for you... you are going to get it!"

"J-James... James, stop! Stop it! James!!"

"Baby?"

Tricia shivered in fright, turning to her mother. "M-mum. Mum, I remember everything now -"

Like I said, one comment before it's released. Gosh! My head so aches.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
God, please touch my e-family's kiss heart so that they can grace this story line with amazing comments and likes... embarassed embarassed embarassed

Amen.

1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-FIVE

Tricia. Tricia, can you hear me? Tricia!

"So, baby, what's that you wanna tell me?"

"We have to end this,"

"End what?"

"This thing that we're doing... it's not just right!"

"Not right? I-I don't understand what you're talking about. We're not doing anything wrong, are we?"

"Yes we are! A whole lot of people are going to get hurt if this continues. Let's just stop! We can't be together anymore."

"What?! What do you mean we can't be together? Are you letting go after everything...?"

"I-it's not that. I just don't want to be stuck in this. I can't keep secrets from my parents. Please understand..."

"Understand? Is this really because of your parents, or that little weasel you're always following around?"

"This has got nothing to do with him!"

"Oh, it has everything to do with that insane brat! You think I don't see you two? Oh, that bastard is going to pay for everything! And as for you... you are going to get it!"

"J-James. James, stop! Stop it! James!!"

"Baby?"

Tricia shivered in fright, turning to her mother. "M-mum. Mum, I remember everything now -"

"Here's the glass of water you requested for, ma'am." Ivy handed the glass to Tricia, and both mother and daughter thanked.

"How are you feeling, honey? Does your head ache?"

"Not really," Tricia replied with a slight shake of the head. "I just have this unusual feeling... like someone's trying to communicate with me." She brought the glass closer to her mouth and took a sip.

"Something?" Her mother rolled her eyes, and she continued.

"I heard a voice - it was calling out to me like it was trying to tell me something," She found it hard to swallowed. "Something I couldn't understand," She went on. "What does this mean, mother?" Her hands trembled as she questioned.

"I don't know. But what exactly did you see?"

"James -" The image of her ex lover hovered in her mind.

"You saw James?" Her mother's brows arched up. "You mean James, as in the one that hurt you?" She repeated, wanting to be sure.

"Yes," Tricia answered shortly. "The two of us were arguing about -"

About what?"

She found it hard to say. "It wasn't clear," She lied, not willing to tell her mother what had transpired between them. "But I do remember him pushing me, and my head hitting the bedstead." Her forehead wrinkled.

"My God!" Her mother exclaimed. "No wonder Chelsea said she had found you unconscious, covered in blood. It's a good thing she was there, if not -" She sighed with relief, as Tricia completed.

"I'd have been long gone,"

"Oh. I'm just so happy that your memories are back," Her Mum squeezed her shoulders with delight.

"Me too," She yawned. "Mum, where's Dad?"

"He's not yet back from work. You know father comes home in the morning sometimes." She explained.

"He still does?" The realization of her father still staying out late left a frown on her face.

"Mm-hmm. You know how his work is. You should get some rest, my love. I know you must be really tired."

"Can't sleep," She crossed her legs on the bed.

"And why Is that, huh?" Her mother caressed her hair as she asked.

"I just can't. Been having weird feelings ever since."

"Weird feelings?" Her mother's smile disappeared.

"Yes. But you shouldn't worry, Mum. I'll be fine." She made to lie down, as her Mum placed her head on her laps.

"Oh, my. You're so burny!"

"Oh, Mum. There isn't any word like that." She corrected with a chuckle, and her Mum joined in.

"OWell, come on, now. Let's get some sleep."

"Well, that's the problem, Mommy. I can't even get my eyes closed." Tricia complained.

"Oh, come on, you. Just take your mind off whatever thing that's bugging you. You need your beauty sleep, you know?" Her Mum reminded.

"But Mum..."

"Ah-ah-ahh. No more talking,"

A creaking sound came at her mother's last sentence, and she shuddered, ears twitching in the direction. "What was that?"

"Oh, you. It's just the door." Her mother laughed. "Now, now, get some sleep. Bet you'll be all better in the morning."

Tricia gave a smile. "Sure hope so."

TRICIA'S P.O.V

I woke up to a tapping sound, and I got up weakly from the couch, not remembering how I had gotten there... or when!

The faint tap came again, and I looked around, hoping one of the housekeepers would answer it. Seeing no one around, I dragged my feet with me and tiredly answered; a creepy girl standing on the porch with head bowed. "Um, who are you?" I asked anxiously as she said no word.

Goosebumps flushed over me watching her walk in. I wondered how she was able to locate our house, and marveled at how bold she was walking in uninvited. "Who are you?" I asked again, this time louder.

"You are not safe. You are not safe, Tricia..."

I turned around and gaped at her. "I-I don't understand. Wh-who are you and how do you know my name?" I asked, horrified.

"I have no time to explain. He's coming for you,"

"Who's coming?"

"He is coming for you. Don't let him see you. Hide. Hide!"

My eyes stood open instantly as two worried eyes peered into mine. "Mum?"

"Oh, sweedy. I'm so happy you're okay."

I stared in confusion, letting her hug my sweaty body. "Wh-what happened?"

"You passed out. Gosh! You scared me back there, sweetheart." She spoke breathlessly, not letting go of me.

"P-passed out?" My eyes widened. How could I have possibly passed out without knowing? The door bell rang, making me realize that I wasn't in my bedroom. "H-how did I get here even?"

Mum uttered no word, but asked Theresa to answer the door.

"Philip?" I pulled out from her arms. "Philip, what are you doing here? I mean, how did get here so fast?" I asked simultaneously, having no idea what was happening. Is he okay? Why does he have that look on his face? I thought, noticing the sad expression on his face.

"Tricia -" He said slowly, embracing me.

"Wh-what's wrong? Why are you sounding like this?"

"Chelsea is gone..."

"Wh-who is gone?" I stammered, not sure if I had heard him right. "Who is gone, Philip? I-it's not Chelsea, right?"

He said nothing but sobbed.

"Tell me she isn't the one!" I shouted and pulled away. "Philip, tell me Chelsea isn't really dead. Tell me she's not dead!" I wept convulsively until my vision blurred and there wasn't any tears left to cry.

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Okay, cuties. While we're waiting for 'ALICIA', take a quick look at this... or rather read. I still can't believe Chelsea is gone. (WEEPS cry cry cry)
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Elvictor: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
aunty Ciara doing wonders
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
Elvictor:
aunty Ciara doing wonders

Lol. Wonders. Me that have been down with emotions. Long story, but uh, I'll start posting again. It's a good thing the spam what's-it-again has been lifted, so I'll start right up,.. by God's grace.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-SIX

Could Chelsea have been the one I saw? Is she really gone? How will she be now? Where is she? I still couldn't believe that my best friend was gone... gone for good. I was so pained and hurt; hurt that I didn't even get to say goodbye. Oh, Chelsea. Why did you have to leave? Why did you have to leave this world? Millions of tears broke free from their glands as they rolled down my face. I couldn't believe that everything was going this way, and my best friend was no longer with us. Who could have done such an awful thing? What did she do to deserve such a heartless kill? There was no one to answer my questions, not even Chelsea herself. "Oh, Chels, please come back to us. We miss you -"

I'm right here, friend. I'll always be here...

"Hey."

I wiped my tears off and took my gaze off the coffin. "H-hi." I sniffed as none of us uttered a word.

I knew one of us had to be the one to break it, so I began, "Chelsea was one nice girl I'd ever seen. I wonder why someone had to murder her in cold blood." My tears began to flow again as he wrapped his hands around me in a bid to comfort.

I felt comfortable in Philip's arms, his soothing words comforting me but I knew that things weren't going to be all right... not when we had lost someone so dear.

Deafening noise of gunshots, accompanied by sirens' wail increased the tension on Brooklyn street. Facing forward, I began to sprint; my loud grunts filling the air, and tired feet slapping the hard road, as I ran so fast, with the thought of my legs about to explode going on in my mind.

The steady pound of my footsteps echoed in my ears, as beads of sweat that were already gathered on my forehead rolled down my face and splattered to my chin. The fear I had from being on the run, was one that added to my strength - and the soles of my shoes hitting the ground, made me not want to give up. It was one way to release my energy and continue, lest I'll be caught.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins, as a thin layer of sweat covered the nape of my neck. I tried to keep my breathing steady, and I pushed harder, going really fast. The ground blurred below me as I continued to run for what seemed like longer than it should have. I wasn't ready to stop, and I knew what could hinder me from survival were my doubts and limits.

At this great speed I could barely see a few feet ahead of me, not with the smog formed in front blinding me from urging on. Everything became veiled, but still I pounded my feet across the road, my lungs getting strained at the cold air which bit into it. Feeling the wind whip my face, the hair on my skin stood erect, sending chills up my spine. My mind was racing faster than my feet, and my steps pounded in time with my heartbeat; the former remaining frantic with thoughts, How is it that they were able to find me? Has my end come at last?

I felt my whole body working; my leg muscles running warm, as fresh air entered my lungs and blood flowed into all my limbs. I quickened my pace until steps became leaps, and anxious feet flew over stones. I pumped my legs, gaining momentum with each push, as I darted past buildings and trees, with my calves burning, and breath forming clouds in the air.

Gut-wrenching, heart pumping after several thrusts forward, my legs got all weary, and I began to slow down - breath coming in short gasps.

I turned around, knowing that there was no way that I could make it in time, as the wailing of sirens could be heard not so far off.

I looked to my right, realizing that I was on Canary bridge, as it occurred to me that there was no way I could escape... at least not this time.

I was soon surrounded by the cops, their prowl cars blocking every exit, leaving me with no other choice than to stop at their command.

I wasn't ready to go to jail, especially not after everything. I gathered up courage and made to jump, as one of the cops' voice halted me to stop. "Hands above your head or I'll shoot!"

I panted heavily, getting my eyes closed as I remembered Tricia and how I had hurt her. It wouldn't have been like this if she had not fallen love with that bastard. He's going to pay for everything! I got my fists clenched, rolled my eyes one more time at the cops, and turned to take a final step.

TRICIA'S P.O.V 

I couldn't believe James was dead. I didn't know the reaction to give about the news but I fell really sad. Why did he have to jump off a bridge? I thought to myself as I tried not to let my tears flow. "S-so James is dead?" I looked at Philip as he broke the news to me.

"We don't know for sure, Trish. His body hasn't been found yet."

"Bu-but what about Chelsea's case? Have they found the killer?"

Philip sighed. "Sadly, no. No fingerprint was found the night Chelsea was killed."

"Oh, good Lord. Why are they finding it so hard to find the killer? He should be found by now, right? They can't just act as if nothing has happened. Chelsea's the one we're talking about here!"

I wasn't sure if I was bothered about James. I just wanted the person behind Chelsea's death to be found and put behind bars. I breathed again, still lost in thoughts, as I wondered hoe I couldn't see James for what he was. I never knew he was capable of hurting me. And I was so foolish to believe that he had loved me. I was so blinded by lust that I couldn't see what a monster he was. Mum and Dad were right. I should have never gotten close to him - now look what has happened.  "This is all my fault." I muttered under my breath, forgetting I wasn't alone.

"Your fault?"

"I... I should have kept my distance from James. I-I'm so sorry, Phil. I'm so sorry that I hid it from you. I'm really sorry." I couldn't stop myself from being sorry for everything - for hurting Phil.

He gave a sigh and drew closer to me. "It's okay. Let's not talk about it. All right? It's a past thing now."

"Even so. I-I feel really bad. I feel really bad for not telling you the truth. I made a mistake. I made a big mistake." I said ruefully.

"Come on, Trish. You don't have to go about that. I've forgiven you. Come on. Stop crying." His response made me feel happy again.

It's being three days and it seemed Chelsea was still with us. Her death was a big blow to not just her family, but to all her friends, especially me. She always knew the right thing to do and the right thing that would make things work.

I had completely forgotten about Derek - it ought not to have been like that if not for what was happening around. I could say I missed him. And I wished to hear his voice again, wondering why he hadn't put a call through ever since.

"Come on, Derek. I haven't gotten all day." I groaned as I stared at my phone, hoping he'd call back.

I tossed my phone on the bed, disappointed at him not doing so, as I made to lie down, the sound of my phone stopping me from doing so. "Well, it's about time!" I answered swiftly as his cold greetings came.

"Hello, Trish."

"Derek. Oh, thank God. How are you?"

"I'm fine... as usual."

It came again.

Maybe he's just surprised, I thought and sat on the bed, giving no hard thought about it. "Well, what's kicking? You doing okay?"

"Yeah. Uh, we're gonna talk later. I have to go now."

With that, he hung up on me before I could say anything else.

"How rude!" I frowned at the attitude he had given me, feeling extremely angry and hurt that I wanted to break something.

I looked at my phone, regretting why I had care to call, as I threw it angrily on the bed, cursing under my breath. Goddamn you, Trish! The one moment you care. Just the one moment!" I held myself, wondering what was happening to me, and the same time trying to keep it cool so Mum wouldn't hear.

Mum herself was acting really weird. She wouldn't even come downstairs or even have lunch with me - it seemed like she and Dad were quarreling again. Wasn't surprised, really. Dad was barely there for her and that always got her mad. Guess I took that part from her - always mad when you feel the people you care about... don't care about you.

I wanted to cool off. To not let my mind get disturbed, as I walked out of my room and made to go downstairs, stopping at the sound of Mum's angry voice.

"She's not your daughter, Patrick. She'll never be your daughter, you hear me? So quit pestering me and go do something better with your life!"

I froze at the spot. "Not your daughter?"

• ~~~ TBC ~~~ •

I'M BACK cheesy grin grin
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2020
EPISODE TWENTY-SEVEN

She's not your daughter, Patrick. She'll never be your daughter - I could still hear my Mum's voice ringing in my head as I walked back to my room, still shaken. What did she mean by that, and who is it that she's talking to? I walked into my room and shut the door, not wanting to go downstairs again. Does Mum have another lover? Is she cheating on Dad? Why do I feel something's not right somewhere? One minute she's happy, the next she's moody and not saying anything. Oh, God. Please let it not be what I'm thinking. I placed my hand on my tummy and tried to steady my breathing.

I walked back to the bed and sat down on it. I looked to where my phone was, feeling nauseous at the sight, as I made no move of picking it up.

The thought of Mum having another lover made goosebumps flush over me. Even though it was mere suspicion, I didn't know why it got me thinking real hard. But I knew my Mum. She loved my Dad really well. She wouldn't do anything that'll hurt him. No -

Mum came to my room not long after, making me wonder if she had heard my footsteps then, or she just wanted to know how I was.

"You okay, baby?"

"Mm."

I wasn't in the mood to answer, but she didn't give me much of a choice. I was anxious to know who the caller was, and whose daughter she was referring to. "Mum, why do you have to sleep in a separate room and not in Dad's?" I inquired. "Are you not fine being with him?"

She chuckled nervously. "Of course, baby. I'm fine sleeping in the same room with your Dad. But you know how he always is about work, especially when he's got his documents and all piled up on all corners."

I wasn't convinced with her answer. "Seriously, Mum? You know, I've never even seen you two kiss before. Not even on Valentine's day... or even you guys anniversary."

"Oh, sweetie. You're funny, you know that?" She laughed and sat down beside me.

"Just saying." I shrugged my shoulders ad she squeezed them.

I knew Dad always valued his work more than anything, but Mum wasn't making it any better. Moving out wasn't the right option. Why does it feel like there's something she's not telling me? "Who is my father, Mum?" My question must have gotten her dumbfounded as she remained quiet. I asked again, "Who... is... my... father?"

"Baby, why do you ask that? You know your Dad is. You're a Parker of course."

I still wasn't convinced.

"Are you sure, Mum? You're really sure?"

Her shaky response came. "O-of course, honey. Of course. Why would you ask that in the first place? Did anyone tell you that your Daddy isn't?"

I sighed. "No one. No one, Mommy."

"Remember that pact we made when you were eight?" She reminded with a bleak smile, and memories of 10 years ago rushed in.

"Mommy. Daddy. Mommy, where are you?"

"Baby? Baby, I'm right here."

"Mommy, I'm scared. I'm so scared, Mommy. I need a hug."

"Oh, shh. Shh, baby. Mommy's right here. Mommy's right here now."

"Why is Daddy so angry, Mommy. Why is he yelling at you?"

"Oh, no, no, baby. Daddy and I were only having a talk. That's all. But you have to promise Mommy one thing."

"What's that, Mommy?'

"Promise me that you won't worry about anything that goes one between Mommy and Daddy. And you won't worry about Mommy, too. Promise me, my child."

"I promise, Mommy. Pinky swear."

"I could see right through your eyes then. Though tender as you were, you knew everything that was going on between your father and me."

"But why do you two fight all the time, Mum? And why is Dad never at home?" I asked with sadness, looking at my Mum who was already sniffing. Is she really crying? What did Dad do this time? "M-mum, what happened this time? Come on. I'm all grownup now. You shouldn't be hiding things from me."

She rubbed her nose and smiled. "You need not worry, my dear. We made a pact. So don't worry about Mommy. Okay?" She said, and kissed my forehead.

LUCILLE'S P.O.V

Tricia's beginning to suspect. How long do I have to hide the truth before it gets out and ruin my marriage? No, I can't do this. I can't do this anymore. Why did Patrick have to come back to Chicago after all these years? What is really his motive here? To take his daughter? Or to make certain that I come with him? Oh, God. What is this? Why do I feel this way? The sound of the door made me stop pacing. "You're home?" I asked, half a question, half a speech.

"Oh, I am." My husband replied.

I didn't know how to talk to him or what to say so he wouldn't suspect a thing. These days it felt as though we were strangers... and not husband and wife.

"Is something wrong?" He drew closer and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

I knew that it won't be long before he figured out something wasn't right with the way my heart kept beating.

"Uh, let me have Nanny Pearl get your food -" I made to pull away as he held me still.

"No. Just stay right here with me. I've missed my lovely wife." He exhaled, a low moan breaking out on his lips as he trailed kisses down my neck. His hands left my waist as he turned me around. "You feel better now?"

Is he asking me that after the argument we had in the morning? Or has he forgotten so soon? "Raymond, please -" I threw my head to the side, not pleased.

"Is this about the argument we had before I left for work?"

"What else?!" I turned to him sharply. "What else, Raymond? Where do you often go to after work? What makes you not come home to your wife and daughter? Is there something that I should know?" I searched in his eyes for answers, forgetting all about mine.

"Do we have to go about this right now?

"Oh, hell yes! Is work that important to you than me? Wh-what am I to you even? Don't I mean anything anymore?"

He said nothing. Absolutely nothing. "That's what I expected." I pulled away from him totally and made to leave as he grabbed my waist.

"Okay. Look, honey. I'm so sorry. I know you're mad at me for not always being here. But please understand. You know how it is at work and everything. I promise to make it up to you. Really."

"Oh, you're always promising, but you never get to fulfill them!" I shot him an angry stare

"And I said I will. Trust me this time. Okay?"

I shook my head, not wanting to hear any of that again. "It's okay, Raymond. Just take a shower and come downstairs to eat.

With that, I walked away.

They were arguing again, I could tell. I was so fed up with them doing that - arguing like they weren't adults. I just couldn't wait for summer break to the over so I could go back to school and be far away from them - so far away. I forced myself to relax, taking a deep breath as I chided myself, don't get so paranoid, Trish. It's only for this week. Just this week!

"Can I come in?"

It was Dad. Why do I always have to be the one to sort out their problems? I'm the child here, they're the adult! I kept my thoughts to myself and affirmed with lips closed, "Mm-hmm."

"I see you're getting ready for school, hmm?" He sat beside me, and I could only nod.

"Uh, what do you want, Dad? Let's see. You and Mum had a fight again, didn't you?" I stifled a laugh, as his came.

"You heard us, huh?"

"Oh, please. Dad, you do realize that she's right. You're never at home and that's bad!" I said angrily. "I mean, what do you always do at work that makes you not wanna come back to your family? Do you have a mistress?"

A slip of the tongue - I knew asking that wasn't right, but I had to. Dad was getting worse by the minute, and I couldn't just watch and let my Mum be the one to get hurt by everything.

"Baby, you do know that your Dad isn't capable of such. Why would you even ask that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. You're the one giving us reason to doubt. You know, Dad, Mum's always not in the mood for anything because of how you treat her. You don't show her the love she deserves - you make her feel not wanted and it hurts her, like real bad." I stated.

"I know. But baby you just have to understand that Dad's always busy at work. Being a mayor isn't easy, you know? I try to explain to your mother all the time but she just doesn't listen."

"I'm not surprised." I mumbled, not wanting to look at him.

"Mm?"

"Nothing. Uh, maybe you should talk to her, Dad. You know how Mum is. I know she'd listen this time. Trust me." I spoke, certain she was going to listen to him this time.

If she does, the phone call memory came in again. What if Mum's also at fault? I can't tell Dad about this. He'll get furious.

"Thanks, sweetie." Dad embraced me.

The next day, Dad announced that we were going on a picnic since that was his day off . Dad never takes a day off, meaning he wanted to make it up to Mum, which I was glad about.

"Take care, Lucille. We'll make sure everything's in order before you get back." Nanny Pearl said to Mum.

I'm not so sure if she was telling only her, but I like how she cared about Mum really well. She's always taken care of her right from when she was a baby. She's always seen Mum as her daughter, and I loved the fact she was there for us... unlike some who fancy their work more than anything. I could say I was loving this 'new dad'. And I'm beginning to feel the day's gonna be just right - Rend Lake, here we come.

The clouds blackened in the sky and the leaves rustled. Looking up to the sky, Mr. Parker groaned. "Great. Now it's going to rain."

"Should have chosen a resort, like I said." Mrs. Parker took out a berry from the plate and glanced at her daughter. "You okay there, honey?" she asked. "You've been awfully quiet, you know." She observed for a second.

"I'm fine, Mum." Tricia replied. "Looks like it's gonna rain any minute." She looked up to the sky.

Mr. Parker's mind was so far from what they were talking about. He didn't mind if the rain fell. He was anxiously waiting for his guest to arrive.

"You know, you've been looking at your phone for quite sometime. Are you expecting someone?"

Mr Parker frowned at her question. "Don't push it."

"Raymond." Someone called - one whose voice wasn't hard to recognize.

Oh, no! gasped Mrs. Parker.

"Patrick." Mr. Parker got up as he called, and walked over to where he was. "Oh, it's good to see you old chap."

Did Dad just say Patrick? Tricia pondered, and looked at her mother whose expression she could tell. Oh, you have got a lot of explanation to do, mommy dearest!

TBC

REACT

COMMENT

AND ☆ VOTE

MY CAMPUS LIFE ❀

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 21, 2020
parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa,larrysun danwrites Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy, prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46, Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Fembleez1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ciara9251:
parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa,larrysun danwrites Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy, prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46, Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco

Good evening ma. Thanks for the mention. I actually only got to know you have mentioned me multiple times without getting notification, when someone else mentioned me.

Though I've been away from Literature section in a while, but I promise to check this out.

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Fembleez1:

Good evening ma. Thanks for the mention. I actually only got to know you have mentioned me multiple times without getting notification, when someone else mentioned me.

Though I've been away from Literature section in a while, but I promise to check this out.

Lol. Oh, no, no, it's fine. And please call me Jessy. Lol. Yes, just Jessy. Thanks for notifying me. I really appreciate kiss.

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
Okay, no more distractions cheesy. I've had enough. The clock is really thinking fast. I can't believe the celebration is over already. Awe embarassed. Anyway, guys. Here's the 28th episode of this wonderful series. Tell me if you need me mentioning you... okay?

TWENTY-EIGHT

I knew my mum was hiding something, and it won't be long before Dad figured out.

"So... Mr..."

"Nelson?"

I heaved a sigh and tried not to be rude. "Yes. Mr. Nelson. Heard you work with my Dad." I studied my mum's expression as I said.

Dad wasn't paying much attention to her as he was so engrossed in his Chardonnay.

"Well, yes. Started working with him recently, though." He said, and I smiled.

"Oh." I looked at mum again as she motioned with her eyes so I won't ask any further. "What's wrong, Mommy? Is something wrong with your eyes?"

A faint smile broke out on her lips as she said 'no'.

I need to what mission this Mr. Nelson of a man had in our house. What was his motive? Does he want to destroy mum's marriage or what? My mind remained not at ease.

I noticed Patrick kept on stealing glances at me, and I was getting pretty uncomfortable with him doing that. Does he find me attractive? Well, of course. Everyone finds me attractive, I thought with pride, my blush concealed. He's hot, no wonder. But gross, mum should better not be doing anything on the contrary with this guy.

The skies cleared soon enough, and we had nothing to fear as it was not going to rain again. Dad and his coworker left for the car, while mum and I dad stayed and watched the basket. I knew this was the right time to ask mum about Patrick, but I didn't know how to, and was scared that dad will come in anytime.

"Baby, your daddy is taking too long, don't you think?"

"No, why?" I asked suspiciously. Why was she being tensed over some coworker being with dad? "Is there a problem, Mom?"

"N-no. I was just worried." She rubbed her arms and sighed.

"Oh. Well, if you want me to go check up on them, I will." I spoke intentionally, knowing what her reaction will be.

"Oh, that'll be a good thing, sweetie. Go check." She said to my surprise. Maybe she really isn't hiding anything, I shrugged and stood up from where I was. "I'll go now." I said, and began heading to where dad was.

There was no sight them of anywhere. Those two were really up to something, I gritted and crossed my arms.  I made to walk back to mum, knowing she'd yell her head of if I went looking for them without telling her, as a bird call made me stop. Not an actual bird, really. It was - Patrick! I groaned at the sight of him, a lighted cigarette stuck between his fingers. Thank God dad never smokes—some hooligan.

"Hey, little..."

"Hey! I'm 18, and I'm not little." I growled at him.

And he chuckled. "You really are your mother's daughter."

"What do you know about my mother?" I stood with arms akimbo.

"I know a lot." He blew smoke in the air.

Some guy, am I right? "Care to share?" I asked with idea, knowing he'd spill one or two. "What is it about you that I cannot understand?"

"Oh, you will, sweetheart."

"Oh, my God. Did you just call me...?"

"Oh, yes I did."

"Oh, you are so unbelievable!" A scowl took control of my face. Just who does he think he is? "Where is my dad?"

"Oh, he's coming."

"Oh... again?" I raised my brows at him, fed up with his 'o's'

He laughed softly and drew closer to me as I moved backwards.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh my," came his grin as he snapped a finger behind my left ear and pulled out a coin.

"Whoa. How did you...?"

"Magic." He raised the silver coin to my face.

"So now what? You're a magician?"

He frowned at the sarcastic question I threw at him.

"I'm sorry." I maintained myself again, remembering he was our guest.

"You are so pretty." He complimented me.

I didn't know what to say or how to react. Why is he being so nice to me? I thought really hard. And how come he knows about mum that much?

"You know, ever since you were little, your mum never let me close to you... even for once."

I stared in shock. "I'm sorry, what?"

"She even shut me out of her life, and never even let me hold you for once."

I stood dazed, not knowing what to say. What message is he trying to pass? What intentions does he have? "I-I'm sorry, b-but I should go. Mum will be waiting for me." I made to leave, and he clasped my hand.

"Please don't go. Stay with daddy, all right?"

"What?!" I shuddered and took my hand from him. "Can you please stop this nonsense? People are watching."

I knew no one was paying attention to us, but I really wanted to leave this place - to get as faraway from him. Just who does he think he is giving himself the 'Dad' title?!

"Please, baby. Stay with me. Daddy has missed you so much." He continued, getting me even more embarrassed.

"Can you please just let me go?" I looked at him with disgust, clasping my hand behind. "If you know what'll be good for us both, you won't bother throwing such nonsense in my face... ever again! Goodbye!"

☆ TBC ☆

☆ REACT ☆

☆ COMMENT ☆

☆ ... AND... ☆

☆ ... ADD... ☆

☆ TO YOUR READING LIST ☆

☆ MUCH LOVE ❤ FROM CIA ☆

★ 

☆ ☆ ☆ MWAH ☆ ☆ ☆
★ ☆

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which African Writer Wrote Better Than Chinua Achebe? / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 250
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.