Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? (4410 Views)

Nigerian Man Serving In US Army Surprises Wife At Work After 11 Months (video) / Man Warms Hearts Of Many As He Serenades His Wife At Her 50th Birthday(video) / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Darkerberry: 8:45am On Jun 24, 2020
Ishilove:
Op, the man in your illustration probably said so because his cylinder is 1kg because no sane man will expect a woman to lift 6 or 12.5kg cylinder.

I think this is the best answer.. when I go fill and i see ladies come fill gas it's usually the 1kg type, just like the big bags they carry around with unimaginable things put inside to make it filled and give shape.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by ezimo777(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2020
Y won't I go refill the gas.....
I must go, and no big deal.
Do it over and over again with no issues

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by bukatyne(f): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2020
LewsTherin:
You know those guys who sell gas in cylinders are also willing to deliver, right?

At least the ones around me are. A simple phone call and the gas cylinder is changed.

Next level grin
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by bukatyne(f): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I pity the man's wife. The man is one of those men who believes women are inferior and less of a human.

My wife has never gone to fill gas, buy fuel etc. I handle them personally

@bold:

How does filling gas equates to a man seeing his wife as his equal?

What if the non gas filler thinks his wife is equal to him and should be able to sort herself out? cheesy
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by bukatyne(f): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2020
light099:
There is nothing too much to do for your woman.
"So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed only a few days to him because of the love he had for her." - Genesis 29:20

The only question is, does she deserve it? Pete Edochie said something about kneeling to propose to a woman, and I had no choice than to agree with him, especially with what ladies have reduced the good old days of dignified womanhood to.
Why kneel down to propose to a lady who has knelt down to give head to different men?
Why give a woman your whole heart while her heart is already shared in pieces among different strange men she called EX?
Why labour in active service, sweating for a wife who is getting serviced behind you. You're the laborer, they're the reapers, and they laugh at how stupid you're.
Aside that, in every other good quality of a wife and a woman of honor, isn't she found wanting?

Women used to be creatures of honour and glory but new crop of ladies keep showing the world that, the old glory is now gone.
The problem now is, most of ladies in this generation are confused as to what they want. They want the prize but they can't pay the price. They want to live the despicable life of filth but they want the glory and honour of the queen in a palace.
Smart Niggas know they shouldn't treat casual things as special things, only simps do otherwise.

Now to your question about gas. Once you're married, there are some things you would do, not because she's worth it or not, but because it's necessary.

Oga, you dey vex o!

On top gas cylinders.

You as the man approaches a lady; do well to approach the one worth it to you.

The one that can ginger you to love your wife sacrificially like Jacob did for Rachel.

The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by johhbekeboh09: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2020
O'lboy you do well jare!
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by bukatyne(f): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2020
LordKO:

Perhaps it's an individual thing, because I relate and treat people based on their behaviour/personality. Meanwhile, if I'm not doing her a favour, she's equally not doing me a favour.

A family to me is one where mutual altruism and conscientiousness reign supreme over egoism, perfidiousness and imperiousness - let's say no to false wokeness. Love is an equal variant of submission.

@Bold:

On point cheesy
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Mariangeles(f): 9:18am On Jun 24, 2020
Naxtrad:
I was on my way to fill gas today when my car broke down so I had to come down to fix it as a real guy... so I overhead a Man presume to be married saying he can not go and fill gas while the wife is at home. I was surprised because I do this for fun when my late wife was alive (RIP) without reasoning anything even when I'm busy and suddenly gas finish and food is on the cooker bro na my responsibility to go and fill the gas and come back to what I was doing... I no understand

A man with that kind of attitude does not deserve the genuine love of a woman.

When you have good men in your life who show you how a woman should be loved and cared for, you never settle for less.
I never thought filling gas could ever be an issue about whose responsibility it is until now...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Haywhymido(m): 9:21am On Jun 24, 2020
Ohemababy:
It depends

When I newly had a baby and gas finished while cooking. I left the baby with my mum and called a cab driver to take me to the next street filled the damn thing and continued my cooking.

Should I have waited for hubby to return from work at night?

Anyways I hardly wait for people to do things for me.
My husband fills the gas because he drives, I dont drive and it's not sth one can lift and be dragging to the estate gate.

If I could also drive I would take it to fill.

What my husband did was to buy a smaller cylinder (camp gas) and fill it also so when the big one finishes and hes not home I can use the smaller one till whenever he returns.

But I see nothing wrong with going to fill it so long as i dont have to carry it on my head or carry okada.
clap for urself jare

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by LordKO(m): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2020
bukatyne:

@Bold:

On point cheesy

- When a man treats a submissive (humble and selfless) wife with love, she knows that he does so from the place of strength, not weakness, because it takes strength, not weakness, to be submissive too - here a man has a friend.

- When a man treats a contentious (crass and expedient/perfidious) wife with love, she assumes that he fears her and takes him for granted because to her love is a sign of weakness, not strength. To her, she has subjugated him - here a man has an open oppressor and enemy as a wife.

- When a man treats a servile/disingenuous (pretentious and expedient/perfidious) wife with love, she takes him for a fool/assumes that it's a sign of potency of her slyness and continues to kowtow for him. I'm sorry for men who aren't masters of their ego - here a man has a frenemy as a wife, a time bomb waiting for explosion once he has a small setback. 

Of course, it's the same thing with small variation when you reverse the genders.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Jcael(m): 11:00am On Jun 24, 2020
Always done this, even when there was no means of transportation, up until we got a gas-man who now comes to pick the cylinder and return it filled.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Enskynelson(m): 11:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

This one nor follow, gas na gas, it has nothing to do with the behaviour/personality of the woman, besides, you are not doing her a favour, you are doing it for the benefit of the family.
E follow o. If your wife is disrespectful for whatever reason, when ever she needs some kind of assistance that should come natural, the man tends to decline. E follow small LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
Anybody can fill gas as long as the cylinder isn’t above 3kg.
I’ve seen a lot of females both young and grown up carrying 3kg gas cylinders that have been filled.
Only a lazy person will find it difficult to carry a cylinder that isn’t above 3kg but if the cylinder is above 3kg then only a man/guy should carry it.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Manuel69: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lol.. wetin Musa no go see for gate.
As a man, this is the simplest chore one can do.
I'm not married yet but my mom or sister only go out to fill the gas when I'm not around.
It will be so when I settle down too.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by davillian(m): 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
I can't even allow my younger sister go and fill gas...
How she go carry 12 kg for what......
Even me as a man self the thing heavy....to carry from ground floor to 3rd floor

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by NoToPile: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
J111333:
Gas cylinders are mostly heavy even without gas in them.

Going/Trekking/climbing okada/driving out to get it filled should be the job of a responsible husband and not the wife unless the man is disabled or unavailable at the moment

It's not even something to debate about or open a thread for.

I like your analysis of the bolded, the first and last time I carried a cylinder on okada (12.5kg oo that thing can break someone's leg, I never tried it again) was before I got married, Myself and mum at home only.

After I got married my husband does it, the few times I have bought gas it was because I was taking the car out and would pass by the filling station selling gas and would buy in the reserve cylinder .The gas guy would pick the cylinder from the boot fill up and return it to the boot hubby will drop it whenever he comes back.

My mum ditched the big gas cooker last last after i got married because of filling issues the now she uses a camp gas.

That 12.5kg is annoyingly heavy angry

The koko of my story is its a mans job.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
Plead:
Anybody can fill gas as long as the cylinder isn’t above 3kg.
I’ve seen a lot of females both young and grown up carrying 3kg gas cylinders that have been filled.
Only a lazy person will find it difficult to carry a cylinder that isn’t above 3kg but if the cylinder is above 3kg then only a man/guy should carry it.
even 6kg here all my female corpers dey carry their 6kg gas go fill by Dem self
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Alexaonfleek: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
cry

I've filled gas cylinder 3 times.
The first two times because my dad wasn't around and the third time because my dad wasn't feeling too well.
Those 12kg gas ehn cry

Na man's job abeg
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
francisgodstime:
even 6kg here all my female corpers dey carry their 6kg gas go fill by Dem self

I don’t believe you. shocked shocked
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
cry

I've filled gas cylinder 3 times.
The first two times because my dad wasn't around and the third time because my dad wasn't feeling too well.
Those 12kg gas ehn cry

Na man's job abeg

You’re trying to say you lifted 12kg cylinder?

Take it easy with the lies oh. shocked
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Alexaonfleek: 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
Plead:

You’re trying to say you lifted 12kg cylinder?

Take it easy with the lies oh. shocked
lmao what will I gain from lying on an anonymous forum

It's easier going out to fill it.
I'll just drag it to a place where I'd get bike to carry me to the gas station.
Coming back,I'll beg the bike man to help me carry it inside the house cuz I can't even lift up a full 12kg gas
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
lmao what will I gain from lying on an anonymous forum

It's easier going out to fill it.
I'll just drag it to a place where I'd get bike to carry me to the gas station.
Coming back,I'll beg the bike man to help me carry it inside the house cuz I can't even lift up a full 12kg gas

shocked

Like I said earlier if the cylinder is above 3kg it’s a man’s job but if it’s not above 3kg anybody can carry it irrespective of their gender when it has been filled unless the person is very very lazy.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Alexaonfleek: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Plead:

shocked

Like I said earlier if the cylinder is above 3kg it’s a man’s job but if it’s not above 3kg anybody can carry it irrespective of their gender when it has been filled unless the person is very very lazy.

I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
Plead:

u don't have to... what do I gain coming online to lie?
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by astonished: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
it's only irresponsible & wicked man that would allow his wife to carry such an heavy load.

Even as a man you will fill it in your bone if you carry filled gas cylinder

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
I've been filling my gas myself since University days. But if a man is around, omo he'll b the one to do it o. I can't suffer to fill, cook and he'll come open mouth and chop... Unless the male is sick.
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by ImaIma1(f): 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Fill gas ke! I don't think I have ever gone to fill it. My husband won't allow it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
poshestmina:
I have never gone to fill gas for once since I got married.
I only report once it's empty grin grin grin

God bless all supporting husbands .l
My mum can relate to this. I don't think she has ever filled gas herself. Lol Daddy will not even ask, once it has finish he disconnect it and put in his car to go and fill. Very automatic,and natural grin

But as a single lady living alone , I do it but I hope that ends soon.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Sixfeetbelle: 4:55am On Jun 25, 2020
Plead:

I used to carry refilled 5kg gas cylinder while I was serving. It's heavy but doable but 3kg was easier cheesy
Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2020
.....Why suffer yourself or your wife just to fill a cooking gas cylinder?

Neither I nor my wife does that.

We simply call the gas station that runs a home delivery service and it is done.

Who get time to do such.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go And Fill Gas If It's Only You And Your Wife At Home Guys? by Ibechris2: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
There are things i dont allow my wife to do at home.

1. Washing of clothes...I don't allow her wash clothes including my children's own. I learnt it from my father which he does to this very day.

2. I fill the gas myself and I don't see it as her duty.

3. I bath my children every evening.

4. Take my children to school and as well drop my wife at the office every day and i having been doing this for the past five years.

And funny enough, it does not take away a pinch from me...because I like to practicalised my love for her till death.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Seriously Thinking About Changing My Slavery Name / Can Someone Help Me Understand This Behaviour / Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.