Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City (25437 Views)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / Bush Fire Incident At Owerri Airport (Video) / US Embassy To Reopen Abuja Office On Friday August 24 After 'White Powder Scare' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by justli: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
quickly:

What you dont understand is the illusion of opportunity is open to all.

Are you blind to the police brutality and discrimination ongoing
Is not insensitive,

Have you forgotten about the monkey chants on black fans and players get when watching soccer in stadiums in europe. It used to be bad you could get stabbed for watching soccer. Bananas thrown at you

What does basketball have to do with anything, what % of the population can play professional basket ball

you talk about go to school blah blah blah

do you know about jim crow, which stop generations of people from getting education in the supposed land of free. this was institutionalized disenfranchisement of people based on skin color. These people are citizens as well.

Just imagine your father /grandfather did not go to school . That will affect their thinking and also affect your life personally

Even if you go to school as a black person in europe /america there is a limit you can rise to in corporate world before they remove you.

and other hand preaching and condeming other countries for human rights violations. When the biggest human right violation is going under their watch.

Every black person is a suspected criminal.

Denied loans for business, The area in which they live is categorized and

Police brutality! Where is the the police brutality? Give me the stats. 50% of crimes in America is committed by less than 7% of the black population.

The implications of that is that the police would more likely come in confrontation with black gun-carrying thugs

Do you know the risk of being a police office in a black neighborhood. Gangsterism is real. And those motherfvckers have killed more lives and continue to do so

Nobody ever reports that. Show me the stats of white cops brutality. Once in a while a black man dies in the hand of a white police in a black neighborhood ... CNN screams racism...

Today, blacks need lower sat scores to secure admission in university. Is that what Martin Luther fought for?

Blacks want the govt taking care of their babies, is that what Martin Luther fought for?

These idiots have had nothing but good life. Their only problem is that they lack the will and discipline to pursue success because no father to drill in that discipline.

1 Like

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sidieladaniel: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Without the insults, you made a very brilliant point about the cancer thing.
sorry for the insults many dumb people on nairaland.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sidieladaniel: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

Stop writing jargons down.

So people picking cotton built the cities of America.
U are reading white people history books they told u blacks were just picking cottons...that his the same history that abolished the Tulsa massacre where the black Wall Street was destroyed. just goggle the black Wall Street & Tulsa massacre & see the excellence of black people before white mobs destroyed it.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
[s]If that banner had read "black lives matter"
Would they have banned the airline?
I think this is a double standard
And it's only the blacks that will suffer the effects more
Cos you're the ones invading thier cities
Racism can't end this way, infact it's fueling more hatred towards the lazy blacks[/s]

Very ignorant post parading as a knowing one.
Stop hating on your soul, stop being ashamed of yourself, get educated. Please. So that posterity would treat you well.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by justli: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
quickly:

people in africa will not get it but africans in diaspora are suffering and facing alot of inequalities.

What is funny is that the sufferring is cause by the state of affairs in africa

We cannot deceive ourselves. Even in school the rich kids discriminate against the poor ones unless the poor kid is smart or intelligent or maybe he has some special ability.

In Nigeria, it's normal to discriminate against migrants from Niger Republic because they do the low level jobs.

However we want to look at it, same white evil people still value the lives of immigrants more than any continent in the world.

Imagine the conversation: equality with a white man in his country. Can you try that in China, Dubai, Saudi, or any other non European country.

If we don't want to be discriminated against, we've to pursue substance. Acquire knowledge and skills. People will be forced to respect you for who you are.

1 Like

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by bobbybash(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
I feel offended when I read comments like this. But then I understand it’s a lack of knowledge that makes people call African Americans lazy.

Kindly read on black history
Read on structural and institutional racism

Do you know that after the abolishment if slavery. The black were not even given lands of their own to cultivate and yet Europeans emigrating to the states were given a land to start on.

Have you read about how black efforts are frustrated.

Have you read about how hard it is to get out of the slums. How a Blackman has to try three times harder than a White man.

Have you read about white privilege.

I’ll leave you with a quote from 2Pac

we wouldn't ask why a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals, in turn, we would all celebrate its tenacity, we would all love its will to reach the sun, well, we are the roses, this is the concrete and these are my damaged petals, dont ask me why, thank god, and ask me how
Tupac Shakur, The Rose That Grew from Concrete

YorubaKinging:
If that banner had read "black lives matter"

Racism can't end this way, infact it's fueling more hatred towards the lazy blacks

2 Likes

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
sidieladaniel:
U are reading white people history books they told u blacks were just picking cottons...that his the same history that abolished the Tulsa massacre where the black Wall Street was destroyed. just goggle the black Wall Street & Tulsa massacre & see the excellence of black people before white mobs destroyed it.

you guys complain about reading white history books.... where is the black history books??

my arguement wasnt about the black wall street, infact the black wall street was very beneficial for black people not white people

my arguement was about the fallacy that slaves who were picking cotton in the 17th and 18th century built america, america was already built, slaves were just extra labors used to scale their farmer plantation between most slaves were in the south

The reality is that bulk of the slaves bought from africa weren't taken to america but south america like brazil and the Caribbeans by the Portuguese

Do you know that about 15000 Chinese working like slaves built the american railway system
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by jesmond3945: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
The Yahoo boys are doing something

The reasons we steal from ourselves is because thats the only resort. However Yahoo boys are doing the stealing now.

If you decide to spend money on your country the British would set you up and use the North to destabilize you. They don't want an igbo man to show his mettle as our president.

Yes you are right we love material things without working for it but not every black and that's not the reason we should be treated bad.

Princedapace:

What stops us from milking them?

Do u know why I like other races? They are wicked to other races for the betterment of their own race. A typical white will steal from another race just to push hush own race to develop.

But u see blacks eh, we steal from our selves and destroy our own selves.

All the money meant to give us electricity, our own people will loot it and even join hands with whites to loot us dry and deny us health care, electricity, water, good roads, etc.

An average black will sell his community in exchange for a house in London if he has the means to sell the community.

The whites understood us and they capitalized on our weakness which is love for material things and consumption without much work.

It was why they took over slave trade from us and offered our forefathers mirror and small golds grin
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
bobbybash:
I feel offended when I read comments like this. But then I understand it’s a lack of knowledge that makes people call African Americans lazy.

Kindly read on black history
Read on structural and institutional racism

Do you know that after the abolishment if slavery. The black were not even given lands of their own to cultivate and yet Europeans emigrating to the states were given a land to start on.

Have you read about how black efforts are frustrated.

Have you read about how hard it is to get out of the slums. How a Blackman has to try three times harder than a White man.

Have you read about white privilege.

I’ll leave you with a quote from 2Pac

we wouldn't ask why a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals, in turn, we would all celebrate its tenacity, we would all love its will to reach the sun, well, we are the roses, this is the concrete and these are my damaged petals, dont ask me why, thank god, and ask me how
Tupac Shakur, The Rose That Grew from Concrete

stop your lies

there are many successful blacks who have left the hood and became successful

there are black billionaires, black millionaires, black lawyers, black doctors, black engineers, black nurses, black physicist, black astronaut, black presenters, black actors and actress

so stop the lies of one institutional racism or so called discrimination
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
If that banner had read "black lives matter"

Racism can't end this way, infact it's fueling more hatred towards the lazy blacks
How did you come to the conclusion that they are lazy blacks, you can't compare them with lazy Nigerians?
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by jesmond3945: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

if you watch the video, you will see a white kid that got killed for just playing with a toy gun
how about an autistic kid that was shot by a black police officer
another white guy was knelt on by cops and he died on the spot

why didn't white start carrying posters all over the places destroying and looting properties.

See, i have been a victim of racism and i never let that stop me or act like a victim.

if it is so difficult for blacks to survive in the west, how come kenye west is a billionaire, how come ben carson is a surgeon, how come there are lot of successful black business owners, black millionaires, black doctors, black lawyers, engineers, who have never been stopped by the police or had any police record, this CNN will not show but those violent blacks are the one CNN will use as an example for so called police racism.
yea very barbaric but why are the whites not alarmed and crying blue murder?
My brother they should protest this tragedy and not keep quiet. Or are they seeing it that it is normal since it is the police populated by them?
Okay do you want the blacks to continue to die, don't you think protesting would stop it?
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by quickly: 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

stop your lies about some illusion of racism and discrimination

Kanye west is a billionaire
opray is a billionaire
Jay z is a billionaire
Robert Smith is a billionaire
David Steward, is a billionaire
Michael Jordan is a billionaire

All these people came from the hood

There also lot of black millionaires, main stream media will never tell you about.

During jim crow, blacks open their own universities, schools and businesses that attend to black needs

there are historical black institutions all over the US

Many blacks were educated during jim crow by these black institutions like Howard universites etc

The graph below is a good representation of african-american situation. they are doing better as a group but CNN will never show that

All the rappers and artists you mentioned are the genius in their Industry. They r thousands of rappers but 1 lucky Jay-Z. Even jay z rapped about social inequality it in a song story of o.j

There r thousands of artists in Nigeria but the geniuses/ lucky ones make it like wiz kid & Davido.

Their is a middle class in America because they fought for human rights equality.

This black Lives Matter movement is a human rights struggle and not a financial struggle.
America is the land of credit. Even thing is credit . Forbes will call someone a billionaire because they have accumulated 1 billion in credit

Compare it to being black in America in the 50s/60s when the like of Martin Luther king/ Malcolm x where alive fighting for human rights.

The FBI labelled them as terrorist anyway and see how they were executed in the end.

Corporate America can allow you to gather wealth to a certain extent because they will take it back from you in taxes and expenditure

While in corporate America you will be subject to insults and disregard compared to another human like you because of skin color.

Police also view black men as criminals and guilty before charges.

Millions of black men in jail for selling crack that the us government seized from Colombia and distributed in the hood.

Research operation contras where cia shipped cocaine into the hood in Los Angeles fueling gang wars and heavy jail sentences for offenders
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

you guys complain about reading white history books.... where is the black history books??

my arguement wasnt about the black wall street, infact the black wall street was very beneficial for black people not white people

my arguement was about the fallacy that slaves who were picking cotton in the 17th and 18th century built america, america was already built, slaves were just extra labors used to scale their farmer plantation between most slaves were in the south

The reality is that bulk of the slaves bought from africa weren't taken to america but south america like brazil and the Caribbeans by the Portuguese

Do you know that about 15000 Chinese working like slaves built the american railway system

True, Chinese working LIKE slaves but were NOT slaves. There's a difference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
jesmond3945:
yea very barbaric but why are the whites not alarmed and crying blue murder?
My brother they should protest this tragedy and not keep quiet. Or are they seeing it that it is normal since it is the police populated by them?
Okay do you want the blacks to continue to die, don't you think protesting would stop it?

blacks are not dying in the hands of police

Aggressive and violent black males who refuse to obey police command and instructions are the one dying in the hands of police,

There are millions of blacks who have never been stopped or arrested by police.

Black cops also kill the aggressive and black criminals but it doesn't make the news because it doesn't fit the agenda of the media
the criminals also kill cops but also it doesn't make news
black kill black, it does make news, on sunday, 50+ blacks were killed and some injured in a drive by in chicago, that is black on black violence, nobody protest. no black lives matter protest.

When one white cop kill one violent black guy that has an history of terrorising black women, the whole media go crazy

they want to push a white vs black issue so much, that is why the hypocrite black lives matter is involved.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by quickly: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
justli:

We cannot deceive ourselves. Even in school the rich kids discriminate against the poor ones unless the poor kid is smart or intelligent or maybe he has some special ability.

In Nigeria, it's normal to discriminate against migrants from Niger Republic because they do the low level jobs.

However we want to look at it, same white evil people still value the lives of immigrants more than any continent in the world.

Imagine the conversation: equality with a white man in his country. Can you try that in China, Dubai, Saudi, or any other non European country.

If we don't want to be discriminated against, we've to pursue substance. Acquire knowledge and skills. People will be forced to respect you for who you are.

Unfortunately for the white ppl it’s a fact of life that there are black people in white land.

Especially in America where black Americans have been there for over 400 hundred years.

Recent immigrants from Europe maybe 50 years get a piece of American pie .

Ok how you explain apartheid in South Africa where Africans became servants in their own land.

Why was Mandela imprisoned for years?
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
quickly:

All the rappers and artists you mentioned are the genius in their Industry. They r thousands of rappers but 1 lucky Jay-Z. Even jay z rapped about social inequality it in a song story of o.j

There r thousands of artists in Nigeria but the geniuses/ lucky ones make it like wiz kid & Davido.

before the fight for so equality, there were segregation laws in place, and blacks thrived alone and built their middle class, that brought about the black wall street and lead to the creation of many black businesses in many areas.

so the fact that there wasnt any black middle class before the so called fight for equality is a myth.

Their is a middle class in America because they fought for human rights equality.

This black Lives Matter movement is a human rights struggle and not a financial struggle.
America is the land of credit. Even thing is credit . Forbes will call someone a billionaire because they have accumulated 1 billion in credit

Compare it to being black in America in the 50s/60s when the like of Martin Luther king/ Malcolm x where alive fighting for human rights.

The FBI labelled them as terrorist anyway and see how they were executed in the end.

Corporate America can allow you to gather wealth to a certain extent because they will take it back from you in taxes and expenditure

While in corporate America you will be subject to insults and disregard compared to another human like you because of skin color.

Police also view black men as criminals and guilty before charges.

Millions of black men in jail for selling crack that the us government seized from Colombia and distributed in the hood.

Research operation contras where cia shipped cocaine into the hood in Los Angeles fueling gang wars and heavy jail sentences for offenders

forget about rappers

How about black engineers, black lawyers, black physicists, , black economists, black business owners, black doctors, who are successful

as a rule, not every one can be successful in a group, some will be rich, some average, some poor, just like the rappers, some will be successful, while some failures, so you cant you examples of failures, who didnt try to write that the system is unfair

so you believe The US Government shipped crack cocaine to the hood so that they can send black men to jail?

You didnt talk about black gangs buying the drugs from the Colombians or blacks mafias importing the drugs from Colombia into the ghettos during those period

1 Like

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:
But what's the big deal in white life matters
The world knows white lives matter and supports them but do it believe black lives matter?
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by techmo(m): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
khiaa:

The world knows white lives matter and supports them but do it believe black lives matter?

So whites don't get murdered , robbed , raided and bullied?

Only blacks go through any form of inhumane treatment

1 Like

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
khiaa:

True, Chinese working LIKE slaves but were NOT slaves. There's a difference.

They were slaves too

After slavery was abolished, Chinese laborers were imported to the South as cheap labor to replace freed Blacks on the plantations.

they were in the same economical status as blacks

go read Anti-Coolie Act of 1862

so not only blacks have been slaves, also chinese
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Coldie:
I dont understand, saying black lives matter is not racism, but saying white lives matter is racism?

It's simple. White lives matters is a proven fact to the world, Black lives matters has yet to be proven.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

They were slaves too

After slavery was abolished, Chinese laborers were imported to the South as cheap labor to replace freed Blacks on the plantations.

they were in the same economical status as blacks

go read Anti-Coolie Act of 1862

so not only blacks have been slaves, also chinese
The Chinese were free to leave, they weren't confined to the railroads, they received small pay and they had the choice to leave America or stay. The real slaves didn't have the luxury of choice.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
khiaa:
The Chinese were free to leave, they weren't confined to the railroads, they received small pay and they had the choice to leave America or stay. The real slaves didn't have the luxury of choice.

ok, but it will be wrong to say only blacks slaves build america since most of the slaves were working on plantation in the south which was already built by whites, in my opinion, slavery was to fullfil an economic need of mass production of agricultural products like cotton etc
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
techmo:

So whites don't get murdered , robbed , raided and bullied?

Only blacks go through any form of inhumane treatment
What institutionalized system discriminates against whites and even treats dogs better than they treat whites? Which Constitution stands by the belief that whites are only three-fifth human?

Yes there is white on white crime and whites are murdered just like other races but the fight is against institutionalized racism that is created by whites for whites. The fight is for equality.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
khiaa:

What institutionalized system discriminates against whites and even treats dogs better than they treat whites? Which Constitution stands by the belief that whites are only three-fifth human?

Yes there is white on white crime and whites are murdered just like other races but the fight is against institutionalized racism that is created by whites for whites. The fight is for equality.

equality is a myth that can never be achieved and there is nothing like institutional racism

pls tell me how so called institutional racism affected you life and stop you from achieving your dream?
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

ok, but it will be wrong to say only blacks slaves build america since most of the slaves were working on plantation in the south which was already built by whites, in my opinion, slavery was to fullfil an economic need of mass production of agricultural products like cotton etc

Without the African slaves America would be a third world country because whites were too lazy too get off of their lazy asses and put the work in. They built nothing. The Chinese were never slaves but some Native Americans were and some also owned Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

equality is a myth that can never be achieved and there is nothing like institutional racism

pls tell me how so called institutional racism affected you life and stop you from achieving your dream?

You are an ignorant person who what's to remain ignorant, so be it.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
khiaa:

Without the African slaves America would be a third world country because whites were too lazy too get off of their lazy asses and put the work in. They built nothing. The Chinese were never slaves but some Native Americans were and some also owned Africans.

that is not true, when slavery was abolished and blacks were free, did it stop america from progressing, NO, they found other groups who could do the job, put them on contracts and set them to work.
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by sexylassie2(f): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
khiaa:

You are an ignorant person who what's to remain ignorant, so be it.

you are the one who is ignorant..stop living in fantasy, even among blacks in the US, is there equality, some are rich, some averaage and some poor, that is the rules of life

pls tell me where in the world were equality have been achieved? even in the soviet union, there was nothing like equality even though they claim everyone was equal

1 Like

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

that is not true, when slavery was abolished and blacks were free, did it stop america from progressing, NO, they found other groups who could do the job, put them on contracts and set them to work.

I'm talking about the founding of this country (the beginning) not after slavery. Of course after slavery the whites had to get off of their lazy asses and work or PAY others to work for them.

1 Like

Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by quickly: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
see killing of a black teacher over brake lights. Philando Castille

He told the guy to bring his license and then the police started shooting.

remeber Diallo Diallo by wyclef jean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7sgZZQ7pw
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by quickly: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

you are the one who is ignorant..stop living in fantasy, even among blacks in the US, is there equality, some are rich, some averaage and some poor, that is the rules of life

pls tell me where in the world were equality have been achieved? even in the soviet union, there was nothing like equality even though they claim everyone was equal

ur not a very intelligent person, can you not differentiate between financial system and social justice?

Americas motto is freedom, equality and pursuit of happiness for all people and they defend thatright with all their live expect for african americans

quickly:
see killing of a black teacher over brake lights. Philando Castille

He told the guy to bring his license and then the police started shooting. also the guy is a passenger and not driver.

Guess what happened to the police officer--Not guilty

remeber Diallo Diallo by wyclef jean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7sgZZQ7pw
Re: Airport Suspends Banner Flights After "White Lives Matter" Incident At Man City by khiaa(f): 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
sexylassie2:

I'm American, my concerns are here, I don't give a rats ass about the Soviet Union.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed / My Computer Science Degree That I Relegated In Nigeria Opens Doors Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.