Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

My Conviction On Rape - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Conviction On Rape (174 Views)

My Opinion On Rape / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape / Twitter Suspends The Account Of Guy Who Said "You Can't Invite Police On Rape If (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Conviction On Rape by Pweetiedude(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2020
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

A "hip" expression of the 1960's-70's that advises you not to do something risky unless you are willing and able to accept the full weight of the consequences. 

In recent times, rape crises and assaults has been prevalent in our society but nothing is done to curb that evil act. A recent study shows that, at least two in ten young girls have been victims of rape at one point in their lives. The female adults are also not left out of this nefarious and heinous act. During this despicable act, the abuser will even have the guts to threaten the victim of death, if she ever opens up about the unfortunate incident. She has no choice than to bear the pain and stigma for the entirety of her life because no one is ready to listen to her predicament, even if she has the courage to speak up.

It's a pity the society we live in, disregard the issue of rape which is disheartening. People start spewing all sort of gibberish like what was she doing in his apartment or the type of apparel she wore is sexually arousing e.t.c which isn't justifiable for the perpetrator to commit the contemptible act.

Some victims of this shameful act will resort to ruminative thinking and pensive mood because no one is willing to hear them out. They even avoid getting into relationships because they think all men are same which is not true. The sheer truth is that, rape should be condemned and perpetrators be brought to justice.

How will it feels having a daughter or sister been a victim of rape. Therefore, let's join hands together to curb this evil act.

SAY NO TO RAPE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chill / Do You Know Your Partner’s Love Language? / When you hear things like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.