Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder (36462 Views)

Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses / Cancer-Causing Substance In School Uniforms From China: SON Raises Alarm / Top 10 Cancer Causing Foods We Eat Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by samsard(m): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2020
Xisnin:
Awarding $95 million to each plaintiff is too much.
Why do you think it's a punishment? You want them to give them a slap on the wrist?
Maybe if a product gave you cancer, then you would realize there's no monetary figure that equals your health and
Wellbeing.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by LEOSZ(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2020
Nice one ..I no it can't happen in Nigeria

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
How I wish this can happen in Nigeria, undecided undecided. But Nigeria is far behind, and Nafdac here is not helping issues at all angry angry. It saddens my heart. cry cry . Lots of prohibited goods and dangerous materials are out there, ppl consuming it, with ignorance, it saddens my heart.
Painful part it that, u will get to pharmacy stores still see those deadly materials cry cry. Drinks containing poisonous chemicals, you will still see endorsed by etc... Jesus, I weak. cry cry
Pls pals, when buying body things, be careful of chemicals like: steroids, mercury, hydroquinone, Talc etc.
Drinks, be careful of (Aspertame). Etc, I won't say more than this. I pray is shall be well with us all, amen.
Shalom kiss kiss kiss
wow, we really missed Prof. Dora Akunyili.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Drastical(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2020
Una just wan fall e carrer cryUna just wan fall e carrer
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Samiah33(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
How I wish this can happen in Nigeria, undecided undecided. But Nigeria is far behind, and Nafdac here is not helping issues at all angry angry. It saddens my heart. cry cry . Lots of prohibited goods and dangerous materials are out there, ppl consuming it, with ignorance, it saddens my heart.
Painful part it that, u will get to pharmacy stores still see those deadly materials cry cry. Drinks containing poisonous chemicals, you will still see endorsed by etc... Jesus, I weak. cry cry
Pls pals, when buying body things, be careful of chemicals like: steroids, mercury, hydroquinone, Talc etc.
Drinks, be careful of (Aspertame). Etc, I won't say more than this. I pray is shall be well with us all, amen.
Shalom kiss kiss kiss
Are you a nurse ?
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Xisnin(m): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2020
samsard:
Why do you think it's a punishment? You want them to give them a slap on the wrist?
Maybe if a product gave you cancer, then you would realize there's no monetary figure that equals your health and
Wellbeing.
You cannot tell if a product gave you cancer since there is no control.
There was contamination in some of their products and the opportunists pounced on it.

It is a myth that there is no monetary value that is equal to health.
I take it that you aren't familiar with human psychology and haven't met many people.
People will swallow poison for the right price.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Olododo2: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2020
OMG,I pity nursing mothers buying this product for their kids
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2020
pesty100:
Am i reading this right? It actually says "the company will discontinue sale of the product and America but will continue to sell it all over the world". Even when people are saying the product causes cancer the company still wants to continue to sell this cancer causing product ehn

You heard right, and Nigeria will be one of those markets
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 24, 2020
No, Nutrition and Dietetics student kiss kiss kiss
Samiah33:

Are you a nurse ?
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Openbusiness: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2020
Omg shocked I dey use this powder for my children. Baba God thank u say I see this thread oh. Never buying any Johnson product again. Maybe na d powder dey make me sleep like baby for night sef angry
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Xisnin(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2020
DexterousOne:

You dont know what's going on

Hahahaha grin
I didn't expect a different reaction.
Everyone is an expert these days after watching some YouTube videos made by a teenager.

Since you know what is going, the question remains:
Why are you even using a phone despite knowing that radiation can kill you?
How about the match, lighter, and gas you use for cooking?
I hope you don't have plastics in your house, it is very deadly grin
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Masterpiec30: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2020
onyenatruchi:
nairaland is gone to the dogs

I swear. Linda Ikeji is far ahead with speed of light. Once you see any news there whether on her instagram blog or her main site, just wait for first some hours or a day you'd see it on Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by SenecaTheYonger: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Lol,
World of hypocrites

Are they just aware that they r producing killer powders?

Just like some people worship billgates

These white people are very wicked

They don't have a good heart, that's how God created them

They r the children of the devil, the fallen angels

And all Europeans are them!!

USA , UK, and all great Britain are thier children

And na black people come get good heart?

2 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 24, 2020
Yes, the woman is a very active and intelligent soul kiss kiss
BULLIONVAN4:
wow, we really missed Prof. Dora Akunyili.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
No sir, it can't make him sleep, it will only be penetrating into his skin try sweat pores, etc.. and accumulate etc.. thank God u saw this. All the best kiss kiss
Openbusiness:
Omg shocked I dey use this powder for my children. Baba God thank u say I see this thread oh. Never buying any Johnson product again. Maybe na d powder dey make me sleep like baby for night sef angry

1 Like

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by patexcool(f): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2020
hmmm and this product has been d best for most of our Nigerian mum
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by turl(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2020
Asbestos is not in talcum madam, where did you get that from?
Stop lying to gain customers!
Eulalia:
shocked

You see?? That's the problem. Whe n you advise people to stop using all these chemical riddled products and learn how to make safe organic products for their babies they'll not listen. Thinking the big cosmetic names are the best.

All talcum powders are highly toxic because of the presence of Asbestos in talcum a substance used as a base for making white powder. Imagine an infant constantly inhaling such poison every now and then.including adults.

Its not too late now for intending mothers and lovers of white powder to join our ongoing online organic skin care training to learn how to make safe products for your households and the little darlings.

Holla us now on Facebook @ Rose glow skincare.

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Freelane33(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2020
[color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]GOD BLESS HERBAL MEDICINES
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by SweetCunt97(f): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2020
Our lawyers should go read King of Torts and be Wise... Sue these company for the rubbish they pushing to us the consumers.

Personally I'll sue Milo first cos the rich milo of my childish no dey again, dem don reduce hand. That unique aroma of milo is non existent! Even Oxford Biscuit needs to be Sued!
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by 9gerian: 11:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Other countries should pick up from where the case stopped to get damages, and stop the sale in their domain too.

pesty100:
Am i reading this right? It actually says "the company will discontinue sale of the product and America but will continue to sell it all over the world". Even when people are saying the product causes cancer the company still wants to continue to sell this cancer causing product ehn
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by samsard(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Xisnin:

You cannot tell if a product gave you cancer since there is no control.
There was contamination in some of their products and the opportunists pounced on it.

It is a myth that there is no monetary value that is equal to health.
I take it that you aren't familiar with human psychology and haven't met many people.
People will swallow poison for the right price.
Well, maybe you will swallow poison for money, but leave those who won't to take compensation for damages. I have had health issues in the past that no amount of money can bribe me to remain that way. Wait till you're truly sick and you'll realize how worthless the figures are at that moment.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by DexterousOne(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2020
Xisnin:

I didn't expect a different reaction.
Everyone is an expert these days after watching some YouTube videos made by a teenager.

Since you know what is going, the question remains:
Why are you even using a phone despite knowing that radiation can kill you?
How about the match, lighter, and gas you use for cooking?
I hope you don't have plastics in your house, it is very deadly grin

Okay
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by 9gerian: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
And they are trying to rush and give people newly formulated vaccines, especially in Africa...

TheRealProphet:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/johnson-johnson-to-pay-2-1bn-over-cancer-causing-talcum-powder/
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by DexterousOne(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
samsard:
Well, maybe you will swallow poison for money, but leave those who won't to take compensation for damages. I have had health issues in the past that no amount of money can bribe me to remain that way. Wait till you're truly sick and you'll realize how worthless the figures are at that moment.

Forget that guy you quoted cheesy
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Omofranca(f): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
Not good at all! Johnson & Johnson, why now? Generations of mothers have trusted their products and many of us Nigerians too, grew up using their baby products. Social Media will ensure that even if they attempt continue to sell their US banned products overseas, these products will be flagged. Just goes to show that at the end of the day, natural products like pure shea butter are safer. These days, mothers don't even use talcum powder after nappy changes anymore.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by BigBashiru: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
Grandmeister:

Do you know the irony of this your comment? Asbestos is still being WIDELY sold all over Nigeria for roofing in homes and schools! A material that was banned from public buildings in the West decades ago...

Really? Asbestos still being sold in Nigeria?
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Blackfriday: 11:56am On Jun 24, 2020
missjo:

Normally they can't under the right administration because they've got powerful lobbyists is Washington.
But with Donnie Trump, he's anti deep state and political cronyism except with his wall-street friends.
Can you stop deluding yourself with this Trump BS, many "class action" cases like this have been won against high profile companies like Johnson & Johnson since ages past.

Do you know when the word "Mass Tort" began?.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by chachanga: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Shalom kiss kiss kiss

All the i-can't-do-without-my-Fanta gangs need to be really careful because there's no serious level of consumer protection or rights in Nigeria.
More reason I tell those young enough to make the switch to bailout of there. someday soon, Naija will sort itself but don't let it kill you before then.

Reading product labels saves one a lot of health stress.

Keep staying safe.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by blessedchild234(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
Complaint layers would have hammered
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Blackfriday: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
Xisnin:

Cancer doesn't mean what you think it does.
Cancer is not a single disease.
There are about one hundred cancer types and even two people with the
the same type often experiences different progressions.

Having some cancer types is even medically better than having severe malaria.
But a class action suit and penalty as in this case, is determinant on severalty of the case and I believe the cancer type must be terminal.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder by Xisnin(m): 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2020
samsard:
Well, maybe you will swallow poison for money, but leave those who won't to take compensation for damages.
I have had health issues in the past that no amount of money can bribe me to remain that way.
You are contradicting yourself.
If no money is enough to compensate health, why did these victims ask for billions?
They obviously know the value of money

Wait till you're truly sick and you'll realize how worthless the figures are at that moment.
This is a fallacious argument.
Paying people to harm themselves is different from paying people to remain in harm.
Both can be achieved with the right motivations but they are not equal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! / Fadesola Adedayo Walks From Abuja To Lagos To Create Awareness About A Disease / How Terrifying Your First HIV Test Will Be (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.